Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:45:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Halcyon v1.1.1.0 ~ NeoScrypt PoW and up to 100% PoS  (Read 73199 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 05:02:53 PM

coins never show up on cryptopia...

Anyone else with same problem?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 03:24:40 PM

Have you submitted a ticket? They are quite responsive usually.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 03:26:11 PM

Have you submitted a ticket? They are quite responsive usually.

just tried again today and seems there working now...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:49:11 PM

dead or alive?

There was some work going. I think the dev is busy with his other coins now. This project didn't generate any real profit for him so far, so I'm not going to hurry up him. He will be back to finish the work when he has free time.

dead? haha nooo! John is working on ORB the most of time, but it should be no problem to implement features in HAL later.

John has a normal job and works in his freetime on the coins. You just have to be patient and support him and the Coin. That's all.
Look ORB and the price development of the last 3 years.

Many people want to make money fast, just so this does not really, ORB and HAL are slow no gamblers coins more, special real investment for a long time! Like shares on stockmarket and other things

Not really that. Just want to know if HAL is still adopting to ethereum before the POS or after? or if that idea has passed now. I do have a few HAL but not more than a handful. I occasionally check in to threads of all coins I hold just to get updated on the progress.
Orb is not one I follow after all the fuss in the past with it.

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 11:34:26 AM

I have been very busy lately due to real life circumstances, but HAL will be switched to a new chain sooner or later. It's a matter of time for me to finalise the list of things to do. I'd like HAL to remain a PoW / PoS hybrid, but it depends on the new code base. Whatever happens, I'll post to this thread.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 10:36:53 AM

I have been very busy lately due to real life circumstances, but HAL will be switched to a new chain sooner or later. It's a matter of time for me to finalise the list of things to do. I'd like HAL to remain a PoW / PoS hybrid, but it depends on the new code base. Whatever happens, I'll post to this thread.

cheers for the update on this. Hope you get your real life circumstances sorted out ok.

dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:32:13 PM

If you want to be successful in life, you should hang around with successful people. Sometimes it rubs off. Cheesy Before ghostlander spends countless hours with coding gymnastics, I’ll ask the community to consider an alternative.

First, I must admit I’m an Ethereum investor. I think it’s a great project, the technology ground breaking, and its potential unlimited. That said, I think we should hitch our wagon to this project. I propose rewriting Halcyon as a DApp and make HAL an Ethereum compatible token. That way, we still have autonomy yet enjoy compatibility with and the security of the Ethereum blockchain. We’ll have access to much more technology and visibility to other Dapp developers and investors within the ecosystem. If nothing else, we’ll have the distinction of being the first existing coin ported to the Ethereum blockchain.

Technically I don't know if this can be done. But I'd like to hear what you all think.
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:36:04 PM

What's the point of making Halcyon a token on the Eth chain? Is there any particular purpose? Who will be interested in it?
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:03:45 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2017, 12:25:46 AM by dickwhite

What's the point of making Halcyon a token on the Eth chain? Is there any particular purpose? Who will be interested in it?

My thought process is that if nothing is done, this project will fade into irrelevance like so many other POS coins of late.

Blockchain tech is moving quite briskly now, and it's difficult for a small project like this to keep up. The POS rewards are good here and the wallet solid. But I don't believe this is enough to sustain holders, attract new investment, or support the price long term. Joining a platform like Ethereum is no guarantee of success for sure, but it would give this project access to a lot of tech, developers and investors, and better long-term prospects in my opinion. Just my thoughts.

Edit: Last trade was on Cryptopia 28/01/2017 10:27:11 PM @ 190 sats. That's depressing volume, to say the least. I couldn't dump my bags if I wanted to. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but things don't look good around here. Adopting Casper might inject some life into this project, enough to perhaps cash out with some profit, but it won't last for long. I've been down this road a few times.

The whole crypto scene is about to be shaken up significantly. Bitcoin is headed for a contentious, political split. This may weaken confidence in the coin and its future. Smart money will move to projects with teams of developers, promising technology and innovations, and future growth potential. That will leave the many bitcoin clones to just languish into obscurity.

If the developer is willing to integrate Ethereum features into HAL, why not just go the distance and make it an erc20 token and enjoy all the benefits of the ecosystem. Who will be interested in it? Anyone that has significant amounts of HAL and would like to preserve and grow their investment.

These are probably my last words on the subject. Good luck to everyone.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:03:49 PM

Depends on the skill and dedication of the developer.
I think ghostlander has plenty of skill but has a few projects to spread himself over and not enough time. This probably means these projects are not going anywhere hence why their mc is tiny.
This is the thing with alts. They can stay tiny and vanish or make a huge comeback. The only person who knows the destiny of this and pheonix is ghostlander.

I will hold my tiny bags of each and wait it out. If they die they die.

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 01:49:19 PM

If I wanted HAL and PXC die, I would have just shut down my nodes a long time ago instead of paying for their hosting every year. I've spent more cash than I've ever gained from these projects to this date.

ogtk

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:38:33 PM

HAL is up for vote at https://poswallet.com/addcoin.php

ogtk

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:00:59 AM

I miss HAL at coinmarketcap

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 08:10:23 AM

HAL was removed from CoinMarketCap when Cryptsy died and there was no other place to trade. It's on Cryptopia now, they have an API, so there should be no problem in adding it back.

ogtk

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:11:26 PM

HAL was removed from CoinMarketCap when Cryptsy died and there was no other place to trade. It's on Cryptopia now, they have an API, so there should be no problem in adding it back.

i send them a request

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 12:09:51 PM

I have received the Cryptsy HAL wallet with 452073 coins. If yours are there, PM me a proof and I'll send them to you.

Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:24:58 PM

i send them a request

is back
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/halcyon/

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
sls

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:51:44 PM

$0.047513 (267.64%)  Shocked
nshrd

Activity: 518

the moon

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:07:58 PM

hi. any another pools for mining? not from 1st post please? info about POS?

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 04:53:37 PM

There are only those pools stated in the OP. Solo mining also works very well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: