Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FIND] FindCoin | Update Wallet If You Haven't! | Community Anti-Scam Token  (Read 126316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SHNICI

Activity: 434
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 01:27:30 AM

Hello,

We have turned off the faucet for the moment, as it seems we are getting two thousand requests more than we should (we have ~1.3k wallets downloaded). A vote will be posted tomorrow to decide if we want to continue faucet-based distribution or switch to another system. Until then, no faucet payments will be sent out.

You should check IP, If it have download wallet then enable faucet Smiley

Need to be checked 1200+ new wallets started from the last hour...., will be not easy work ... to catch them from 3330 wallets ....
few posts ago some one say he scam us .....:

Long time lurker and first time poster. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents about this coin. I'm pretty new to crypto and really happy I came across FindCoin. It's been a great coin for me to learn without costing me anything up front. While I'm all for pushing this coin to an exchange so I can profit myself, I agree that listing this coin right now is a bad idea. The only reason I say that is because the sole purpose of this coin was to be scam and abuse free and at this time, it's not.

To see if I could get more than one deposit per machine, I tested it out. I was able to setup a VM, install 5 separate wallets, write a simple bat to launch the wallets, and then receive a faucet deposit for each wallet via it's own HTTPS proxy. Even though some of you here probably already know how to circumvent the faucet IP checks, I'm not going to go into any detail about how I did it publicly. However, I would be happy to assist the dev team in any way that I can to prevent the abuse and solidify the coin.

I just wanted to thank the team for taking it slow and getting it right before a potential exchange launch. With users buying up Findyoucoins and exchanging them for FindCoins, plus the ability to get around the IP check for faucets, I agree that a launch right now would harm the coin ten fold. Maybe it should have been listed on launch, maybe not. But, every coin is an experiment and I really like the way this coin is going, even if it's not worth anything right now.

No comments ........  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 02:04:12 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 03:33:05 AM by kahir

Hello,

We have turned off the faucet for the moment, as it seems we are getting two thousand requests more than we should (we have ~1.3k wallets downloaded). A vote will be posted tomorrow to decide if we want to continue faucet-based distribution or switch to another system. Until then, no faucet payments will be sent out.

i just recived my hourly payment just now

i would suggest increasing POS rate idk know if that even possible, as replacement for faucet-based distribution
afall

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:08:03 AM

You could require users to register their wallet before they start to receive the faucet. Then drip a larger % to those who register. Or start dripping new wallets slower and run checks for ip changes. then just drip a small amount like .1 FIND to wallets with ip's bouncing all over the world. You can run tons of IP checks and run a scoring algo on the wallet before giving out the coins. There are many circumstances where IP's will change, and while a wallet could be hit if someone travels or whatever, a scoring algo could reinstate them later on. The key is maintaining the proof of faucet concept by consistently delivering coins, but not to the wrong people. No matter what you do, the ratio of downloaded/opened wallets will never match.
Brah

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:56:41 AM

Hello,

It is a great decision! Fair to us who do not cheat in this distribution, I just got 2k coins, but cheaters can get 100k or more, they have lots of VPS/VPN.

I have to disagree with the VPS thing.

If this were any other coin received through mining, VPS would obviously give more hashing power yielding more coins.

I have 3 VPS with wallets each and as you can see in my older btctalk posts; I usually provided tons of hashing power to newly created coins. Including helping Monero's first launch earlier this year.

I do have to agree however that this coin verifies nothing of the VPS specs meaning I could potentially just get free VPS to rape it but it isnt worth my time but is an obvious issue to all of us as it defeats the purpose of a fair launch (in comparison with those who have VPS mining rigs).
faluyt

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:54:38 AM

Hello,

It is a great decision! Fair to us who do not cheat in this distribution, I just got 2k coins, but cheaters can get 100k or more, they have lots of VPS/VPN.

If this were any other coin received through mining, VPS would obviously give more hashing power yielding more coins.

I have 3 VPS with wallets each and as you can see in my older btctalk posts; I usually provided tons of hashing power to newly created coins. Including helping Monero's first launch earlier this year.

I do have to agree however that this coin verifies nothing of the VPS specs meaning I could potentially just get free VPS to rape it but it isnt worth my time but is an obvious issue to all of us as it defeats the purpose of a fair launch (in comparison with those who have VPS mining rigs).

Totally agree. The idea of "faucet distribution" is fair. I have 5 VPSes and I have to pay for it. It's a kind of investment. If I have 5VPS and I receive the amount equal to someone who has only 1 PC, it will be unfair. This is "In-wallet-faucet-distribution", not "person-distribution". Moreover, I downloaded the wallet file only 1 time on the first VPS and transfer to the other 4 VPSes. I think if other people do the same thing as me, the downloaded wallet will be much less then the number of opening wallet. It's easy to understand.
SilentAngel

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:41:41 AM

Hello,

Totally agree. The idea of "faucet distribution" is fair. I have 5 VPSes and I have to pay for it. It's a kind of investment. If I have 5VPS and I receive the amount equal to someone who has only 1 PC, it will be unfair. This is "In-wallet-faucet-distribution", not "person-distribution". Moreover, I downloaded the wallet file only 1 time on the first VPS and transfer to the other 4 VPSes. I think if other people do the same thing as me, the downloaded wallet will be much less then the number of opening wallet. It's easy to understand.

I think so. Take Bitcoin mining as an example. What will happen if people who have the difference hashing power receive the same reward of bitcoin? Obviously it's not fair. People who invested more in the hashing power will receive larger reward. This is one of the most important factor to improve the community. I have downloaded my wallet to the first VPS of my Google Cloud VPS, setting them, adding .conf file and clone this VPS. Therefore, all the settings are cloned without re-configuration.
Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:51:57 AM

Now i do understand, Paying for VPS is like investing for FIND, basically you are paying to get coins, but the big question here is the FREE VPS.
tryphe

Activity: 116

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:12:26 AM

-blah blah bullshit

+100 for using your head. Everyone should realize this.
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Now i do understand, Paying for VPS is like investing for FIND, basically you are paying to get coins, but the big question here is the FREE VPS.
i think you can't run find wallet on free linux vps,it requires gui.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:23:12 AM

1'000 FIND sent to (as bounty for his translation)  :

here another indonesian translate by me https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=908363.0

FindCoin Addy : FW7YoxaCXPfDyEZidYcMU29ABgwjuzYEyz

This is the transaction id : 3eb884d454bdb98f8b08d80aff45d51aa08ccff622870fcbefacbeb33b4abdc0-000

fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:47:24 AM

You could require users to register their wallet before they start to receive the faucet. Then drip a larger % to those who register. Or start dripping new wallets slower and run checks for ip changes. then just drip a small amount like .1 FIND to wallets with ip's bouncing all over the world. You can run tons of IP checks and run a scoring algo on the wallet before giving out the coins. There are many circumstances where IP's will change, and while a wallet could be hit if someone travels or whatever, a scoring algo could reinstate them later on. The key is maintaining the proof of faucet concept by consistently delivering coins, but not to the wrong people. No matter what you do, the ratio of downloaded/opened wallets will never match.

Or just use something like maxmind for risk based order fraud detection, they take parameters like location, residential/enterprise ISP, open service ports like http, proxy etc etc. People on tor will be doomed though, as well as everyone running wallets on VMs.

windytime

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:48:41 AM

-blah blah bullshit

+100 for using your head. Everyone should realize this.

+1. He has a point. I'm sad a little bit because the faucet has stopped. We Asians think that if you receive money or the lucky things in the new year's day, all day will be lucky. Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ZEROSTATEEMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE                                   ● INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK TWITTER
POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN                                         ● MEDIUMANN THREAD
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:49:44 AM

1'000 FIND sent to (as bounty for his translation)  :

here another indonesian translate by me https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=908363.0

FindCoin Addy : FW7YoxaCXPfDyEZidYcMU29ABgwjuzYEyz

This is the transaction id : 3eb884d454bdb98f8b08d80aff45d51aa08ccff622870fcbefacbeb33b4abdc0-000

thanks received the payment for the bounty Cheesy
faluyt

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:50:59 AM

Or just use something like maxmind for risk based order fraud detection, they take parameters like location, residential/enterprise ISP, open service ports like http, proxy etc etc. People on tor will be doomed though, as well as everyone running wallets on VMs.
Do you thing that VM falls from the sky? If you did, ASIC miner would also be.
fenghush

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:54:40 AM

If you hammer a ton of them with the right exploit, VMs and dedies do really fall from the sky. Or you can pay $10 to rent someone's botnet for a while, or steal it, or you can build your own, or you can get a ton of free month coupons for google cloud, depends on your skill level. The internet is the wild west if you're new to it, just because you can't figure out ways to abuse a system, doesn't mean a ton of other people wont.

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:04:55 AM

If you hammer a ton of them with the right exploit, VMs and dedies do really fall from the sky. Or you can pay $10 to rent someone's botnet for a while, or steal it, or you can build your own, or you can get a ton of free month coupons for google cloud, depends on your skill level. The internet is the wild west if you're new to it, just because you can't figure out ways to abuse a system, doesn't mean a ton of other people wont.

+1

Now since I am not exploiting this faucet, can someone let me know if the distribution is still on.
This wallet takes up 50% of my CPU power and around 100mb RAM.
Why does it need that much CPU?

I am mining other coins at the same time and they do not require that much processing power.
faluyt

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:08:26 AM

What you mentioned is illegal activity. How about paying for VPS like me? This is "in-wallet-distribution", not "in-person-distribution", right? More over, these activities you mention are not easy as you said.
fenghush

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:18:58 AM

What you mentioned is illegal activity. How about paying for VPS like me? This is "in-wallet-distribution", not "in-person-distribution", right? More over, these activities you mention are not easy as you said.

The "in-wallet-distribution" system is broken, the system is prone to abuse and people with mediocre skill can easily abuse it, the legality of some action hasn't stopped people from not doing it.
I raised the flag that the distribution system is broken since day one. I informed the devs about a quite frankly, stupid info leak and I expected them to patch it, but instead they decided to roll with it and now everyone's butt is hurt because someone hammered the faucet system with a botnet.
There is no ultimate fix, but there are tons of ways to make it difficult for attackers to take advantage of the design flaw.

SHNICI

Activity: 434
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 10:51:02 AM

The "in-wallet-distribution" system is broken, the system is prone to abuse and people with mediocre skill can easily abuse it, the legality of some action hasn't stopped people from not doing it.
I raised the flag that the distribution system is broken since day one. I informed the devs about a quite frankly, stupid info leak and I expected them to patch it, but instead they decided to roll with it and now everyone's butt is hurt because someone hammered the faucet system with a botnet.
There is no ultimate fix, but there are tons of ways to make it difficult for attackers to take advantage of the design flaw.

1. to all: HAPPY NEW YEAR..... (I say it with pain in my heart cuz in the new year we was scamed from few cheaters.....)
2. just stop to fight one other Please ....
3. Every one who got and know any kinda exploit send the explanation to us (Please)
4. We will decide what to do..., mby we can relaunch the faucet distr. But with new wallet version if we can protect it better.... with new fixes...

The time will show us... I suppose we always will get cheaters.., but this like hrs ago was really bad one ....
You know the our IRC chat channel, join us and write there too your example you got/know about cheating/exploit | Join to IRC http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#FindCoin
fenghush

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:52:43 AM

1. to all: HAPPY NEW YEAR..... (I say it with pain in my heart cuz in the new year we was scamed from few cheaters.....)
2. just stop to fight one other Please ....
3. Every one who got and know any kinda exploit send the explanation to us (Please)
4. We will decide what to do..., mby we can relaunch the faucet distr. But with new wallet version if we can protect it better.... with new fixes...

The time will show us... I suppose we always will get cheaters.., but this like hrs ago was really bad one ....
You know the our IRC chat channel, join us and write there too your example you got/know about cheating/exploit | Join to IRC http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#FindCoin

I'll do you one better and post a write-up right here and let the people decide who dropped the ball.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: