Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:01:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is.  (Read 73336 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 03:23:48 PM

Vandroiy is suspiciously quiet these last couple days. Cheesy I think he is sweating buckets, as he has finally figured out what is going on.

Why would he be sweating if neither party is keeping the winnings?  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hecate

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:47:17 PM

Thanks for letting me know you're devoid of humor and needs to be ignored.
You should change your avatar to
http://i49.tinypic.com/2zojldy.jpg
because i think you misunderstood the character you intend to display completely. But hey, at least you put the entire picture into the thread again.

Vandroiy is suspiciously quiet these last couple days. Cheesy I think he is sweating buckets, as he has finally figured out what is going on.
Why sweat when he is winning almost a year early? Seems like a good thing.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 08:17:08 PM

He goes on vacation, only coming back for settling the bet in september...he even pretends not to be much interested in the various reason for delaying the dissolution
of BCST. (watch thread of how to recognize a ponzi)

Me is very fascinated by the funny fireworks right to begin Cheesy

Cheers Zyk

P:S: could someone explain to me how payout of betsofbitcoin is calculated in the end?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:13:09 PM

If anyone is positive that Pirate is a ponzi/scam, please see this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101751

hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:45:31 AM

He goes on vacation, only coming back for settling the bet in september...he even pretends not to be much interested in the various reason for delaying the dissolution

Why should Vandroiy be sweating if he has always been perfectly sure he will win the bet? I can assure you, he is not sweating at all.

I think the "fireworks" will not be very funny. Those with a brain knew all along what will happen, and the others will lose their money and disappear from the bitcoin scene, I hope. That is the only way to get rid of all those scams.

I do hope, however, that the worst scammers will be caught and punished. After all, we have a civilization to defend. Smiley If that does not happen, then we would be assured once more that the world is a madhouse.

Check also: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=433

Note also that we are just watching another shakeout in the bitcoin market, which will again become more stable after this, fortunately.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:19:52 PM

Why should Vandroiy be sweating if he has always been perfectly sure he will win the bet? I can assure you, he is not sweating at all.

I think the "fireworks" will not be very funny. Those with a brain knew all along what will happen, and the others will lose their money and disappear from the bitcoin scene, I hope. That is the only way to get rid of all those scams.

I do hope, however, that the worst scammers will be caught and punished. After all, we have a civilization to defend. Smiley If that does not happen, then we would be assured once more that the world is a madhouse.

Check also: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=433

Note also that we are just watching another shakeout in the bitcoin market, which will again become more stable after this, fortunately.

Even Patrick Hernatt thinks that pirate was doing a viable buiseness, 7 % weekly return on your capital is to be attained selling stuff for example while working...

of course pirate has not the stature to stay at the helm of bitcoin community even as he was and is an fantastic actor, are new visions now breeded or will

the angloamerican spirit to conquer by sword and speculation be replaced with some visionarys?

Still i don´t understand how the payouts of betsofbitcoin are settled...no concrete info in there.....

Cheers Zyk
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:52:53 PM

Agreed, as long as its not put into effect pirate has another 10 days left to avoid a cut in his profit margins by 5000 BTC....

It doesn't cut into his profit. Why should the pirate even think about a bet he intended to lose all along?

How do you know what pirate's intentions are/were?

Because they are so obvious.

They may not be obvious to someone who believes he can get rich by handing over his money to some anonymous guy who promises 3,300% interest, but they are obvious to me and to you. We just have opposite intentions. I would like to see you serve a jail term in the cell next to pirateat40.

I don't see you in Matthew Wright's thread, making easy money.  Why is that?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 02:03:07 PM

Agreed, as long as its not put into effect pirate has another 10 days left to avoid a cut in his profit margins by 5000 BTC....

It doesn't cut into his profit. Why should the pirate even think about a bet he intended to lose all along?

How do you know what pirate's intentions are/were?

Because they are so obvious.

They may not be obvious to someone who believes he can get rich by handing over his money to some anonymous guy who promises 3,300% interest, but they are obvious to me and to you. We just have opposite intentions. I would like to see you serve a jail term in the cell next to pirateat40.

I don't see you in Matthew Wright's thread, making easy money.  Why is that?

Hard to bet when you have no money you can lose.
hgmichna

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 02:05:25 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2012, 06:06:35 PM by hgmichna

I don't see you in Matthew Wright's thread, making easy money.  Why is that?

Is that the one who offers bets, but only up to BTC100?
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 02:17:36 PM

Bah! I'm reporting the last 27 pages for being off topic.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 02:33:52 PM

Any thread updates Pirate's payback activities?
rdponticelli

Activity: 325

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 02:47:28 PM

Bah! I'm reporting the last 27 pages for being off topic.

Maybe is just the OP the one which is off topic Grin

By the way, hopelessly trying to bring the thing back on rail again, I liked the securities idea, I may have bought some of those Wink
rdponticelli

Activity: 325

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 02:52:05 PM

Any thread updates Pirate's payback activities?

You may try this one...
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 02:01:02 AM

So, do I understand this right? it doesn't matter who wins? the 10k coins are going charity, regardless, right?

If so, I nominate that some of funds get donated to the Family Literacy Centers, LLC Its a registered non-profit organization/charity that donates time and money to those that need help with literacy. (with the help of computer programs and one-on-one tutors). www.flcinc.org

I donate a lot of my time to this organization, I think its a worthwhile cause..

Thanks,

AR
hgmichna

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:38:45 AM

So, do I understand this right? it doesn't matter who wins? the 10k coins are going charity, regardless, right?

Nope, just the opposite. Nothing will go to any charity, under any circumstances.

Pirate said he would donate, but he also always knew he would never win this bet, so no charity there. The whole bet was a public relations maneuver by pirateat40. Vandroiy tricked him into offering the bet, and pirateat40 offered it to avoid losing face. He offered it also, because he did not believe that anybody would stand up against him with any significant bitcoin amount. He was mistaken and had to pay.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:43:40 AM

Nope, just the opposite. Nothing will go to any charity, under any circumstances.

Pirate said he would donate, but he also always knew he would never win this bet, so no charity there. The whole bet was a public relations maneuver by pirateat40. Vandroiy tricked him into offering the bet, and pirateat40 offered it to avoid losing face. He offered it also, because he did not believe that anybody would stand up against him with any significant bitcoin amount. He was mistaken and had to pay.

just saving this.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:52:41 AM

That's a silly bet then. My bet is way better.

zorgberg

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:47:14 PM

Pirate could still win if he pays out to all investors from my understanding of the terms. 
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 05:01:20 PM

@Matthew, something tells me that you have cut a deal with Pirate before staring this topic.
The 10k is not from you - I'm betting it's something he gave you already, maybe as a pre-paid from your deposit... Am I right?

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:04:12 PM

@Matthew, something tells me that you have cut a deal with Pirate before staring this topic...
Am I right?

I did not start this topic and I have not cut any deals with pirate. I am not in bed with pirate. I do not know pirate. I have never talked to him on the phone even, nor have I ever met him. I have no idea what he looks like or if Trenden Shavers is in fact his real name or not. I do not know if anyone in the community even knows his phone number, much less if it's an anonymous line. I do not know what he is doing behind the scenes. For the last time, my bet is one of faith. I am prepared to lose and be wrong, but the mere act of making the bet sets a precedent for loud mouthed dipshits in this community to finally back their "expert opinions" with more than an anonymous throwaway sockpuppet reputation. It should cost money to make baseless accusations, that's why defamation laws were created. Go team!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: