Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:37:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is.  (Read 73338 times)
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 08:13:10 PM

The WoT is next to worthless now anyway. after all, pirate had the highest rating. Is he still an op in #bitcoin-otc? lol

That's not how you use it. This ain't Ebay, there is no "global highest rating". You have to check out *who* rated people highly, and it needs more time to let trusted users make a reputation.

It's trivial to spam 50 small accounts and have them all rate someone 10. Is the resulting 500-rating worth anything? Not really. But the WoT displays much more than that, and this is very useful and should become even more useful with time. Gribble also has a feature to find out how people you trust rated someone.

Its not about the raw rating, but instead the L2 rating.  How well is the person trusted by the people you trust?

pirate was rated highly by a bunch of other highly-rated people. everyone can see how easy it was to game that whole channel. is pirate still an op there?

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 08:22:46 PM

The WoT is next to worthless now anyway. after all, pirate had the highest rating. Is he still an op in #bitcoin-otc? lol

That's not how you use it. This ain't Ebay, there is no "global highest rating". You have to check out *who* rated people highly, and it needs more time to let trusted users make a reputation.

It's trivial to spam 50 small accounts and have them all rate someone 10. Is the resulting 500-rating worth anything? Not really. But the WoT displays much more than that, and this is very useful and should become even more useful with time. Gribble also has a feature to find out how people you trust rated someone.

Its not about the raw rating, but instead the L2 rating.  How well is the person trusted by the people you trust?

pirate was rated highly by a bunch of other highly-rated people. everyone can see how easy it was to game that whole channel. is pirate still an op there?

Yep. People really trust the OTC, wayyy too much. I can downrate you by the color of your skin if I wanted. What kind of a bullshit rating system is that?

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:04:14 PM

Yep. People really trust the OTC, wayyy too much. I can downrate you by the color of your skin if I wanted. What kind of a bullshit rating system is that?
That's why you only ever use the "gettrust" command.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 10:34:14 PM

As crazy as this sounds, ops aren't determined by their wot status.  There are several ops with barely any rating and others with a very high rating.  Nanotube is the sole arbiter of who gets ops and when and he tends to be slow, calculating, methodical with all of his decisions.  Just because pirate hasn't had his +o flag removed to date, doesn't mean it won't happen.  I'd suggest you talk to nanotube if its an issue for you.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:38:58 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2012, 11:42:11 PM by muyuu

Pirate's reputation is quite amusing too. He has a "+5 paid for my burger" making up for several "-1 stole my life savings and murdered my dog". No sense of proportion whatsoever. But if you know the community I guess you can get a good idea. A common pattern is building reputation with small things and then "breaking bad", you can see several such users. Creating another one is just a matter of time and patience.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:43:41 PM

Pirate's reputation is quite amusing too. He has a "+5 paid for my burger" making up for several "-1 stole my life savings and murdered my dog". No sense of proportion whatsoever. But if know the community I guess you can get a good idea. A common pattern is building reputation with small things and then "breaking bad", you can see several such users. Creating another one is just a matter of time and patience.
I gave him a -10 for "defaulted on large loan."
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 11:05:49 PM

As crazy as this sounds, ops aren't determined by their wot status.  There are several ops with barely any rating and others with a very high rating.  Nanotube is the sole arbiter of who gets ops and when and he tends to be slow, calculating, methodical with all of his decisions.  Just because pirate hasn't had his +o flag removed to date, doesn't mean it won't happen.  I'd suggest you talk to nanotube if its an issue for you.

Most of your posts appear to be "pro-pirate". I tend to wonder why as should others here on this forum.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 11:26:01 PM

Most of your posts appear to be "pro-pirate". I tend to wonder why as should others here on this forum.

How was that pro-pirate?  In fact, it wasn't a comment about pirate at all, rather how someone is an op in -otc.  If it was based purely on ratings, sturles or myself would have been ops long ago.  It bothers me to see people criticize wot as being this sham of mechanism, when it isn't intended to be the be all, end all.  Its just another tool when figuring out whether you want to do business with someone. 

EIEIO:

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 11:32:17 PM

How was that pro-pirate?  In fact, it wasn't a comment about pirate at all, rather how someone is an op in -otc.  If it was based purely on ratings, sturles or myself would have been ops long ago.  It bothers me to see people criticize wot as being this sham of mechanism, when it isn't intended to be the be all, end all.  Its just another tool when figuring out whether you want to do business with someone. 

Where did I ever say that that particular post was "pro-pirate"?

I said most of your posts appear to be "pro-pirate".

Get your facts straight.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 11:41:28 PM

Get your facts straight.

Ah, right.  Perhaps you should start your own thread then instead of hijacking this one.

EIEIO:

organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 12:01:07 AM

Get your facts straight.

Ah, right.  Perhaps you should start your own thread then instead of hijacking this one.

This thread has been hijacked since page 2. Both of you are as off topic as each other, so I don't really see a problem with what smoothie wrote. Sorry, imsaguy.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:18:44 AM

How was that pro-pirate?  In fact, it wasn't a comment about pirate at all, rather how someone is an op in -otc.  If it was based purely on ratings, sturles or myself would have been ops long ago.  It bothers me to see people criticize wot as being this sham of mechanism, when it isn't intended to be the be all, end all.  Its just another tool when figuring out whether you want to do business with someone.  

Get your facts straight.

Ah, right.  Perhaps you should start your own thread then instead of hijacking this one.

Good job trying to divert attention away from your obvious support for pirate. Maybe you'll get paid first.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 12:25:50 AM

How was that pro-pirate?  In fact, it wasn't a comment about pirate at all, rather how someone is an op in -otc.  If it was based purely on ratings, sturles or myself would have been ops long ago.  It bothers me to see people criticize wot as being this sham of mechanism, when it isn't intended to be the be all, end all.  Its just another tool when figuring out whether you want to do business with someone.  

Get your facts straight.

Ah, right.  Perhaps you should start your own thread then instead of hijacking this one.

Good job trying to divert attention away from your obvious support for pirate. Maybe you'll get paid first.  Roll Eyes

Meh, here's my obvious support of pirate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103623.msg1138804#msg1138804

I've not shied from that.

EIEIO:

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:55:27 AM

Meh, here's my obvious support of pirate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103623.msg1138804#msg1138804
I've not shied from that.

Oh you mean like how you supported him in the following links?

Here you ask the mods to provide proof that pirate was a scammer. Hmm lot's has changed since then huh?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91389.msg1006255#msg1006255

Here is a link where you basicly try to tell "nay sayers" to "GTFO" and that "we" aren't asking to be warned.
That faired well now huh. Also that your time was being wasted by people trying to warn others of a possible
ponzi/scam.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg1004814#msg1004814

And here you try to make an analogy of finding an oil well etc. and a ponzi. LOL!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91306.msg1008581#msg1008581

And here where you try to "point out" how a ponzi would operate. Well looks like deposits are restricted eh
given pirate hasn't returned much if anything at all?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg1006663#msg1006663

Oh and my favorite where you try to use an analogy of apple hiding their products that they are working on
to compare to an operation (BTCST) that hides its BUSINESS MODEL. Apple doesn't even hide their business
model. They sell electronics. Good job trying to debunk that thought to help support BTCST/pirate.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91643.msg1009656#msg1009656

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 01:36:43 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2012, 01:58:38 AM by imsaguy

snipped for sake of readability.

Feel better now?  The first link is still a valid request.  Why is there no scammer tag?

As to the rest, so it seems I was wrong.  That doesn't make me responsible.

EIEIO:

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:48:22 AM

Oh you mean like how you supported him in the following links?

Here you ask the mods to provide proof that pirate was a scammer. Hmm lot's has changed since then huh?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91389.msg1006255#msg1006255

Here is a link where you basicly try to tell "nay sayers" to "GTFO" and that "we" aren't asking to be warned.
That faired well now huh. Also that your time was being wasted by people trying to warn others of a possible
ponzi/scam.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg1004814#msg1004814

And here you try to make an analogy of finding an oil well etc. and a ponzi. LOL!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91306.msg1008581#msg1008581

And here where you try to "point out" how a ponzi would operate. Well looks like deposits are restricted eh
given pirate hasn't returned much if anything at all?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg1006663#msg1006663

Oh and my favorite where you try to use an analogy of apple hiding their products that they are working on
to compare to an operation (BTCST) that hides its BUSINESS MODEL. Apple doesn't even hide their business
model. They sell electronics. Good job trying to debunk that thought to help support BTCST/pirate.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91643.msg1009656#msg1009656

Feel better now?  The first link is still a valid request.  Why is there no scammer tag?

As to the rest, so it seems I was wrong.  That doesn't make me responsible.

I always feel good. lol thanks for asking.

If you were an avid participant in collecting investor funds and got a cut of the profits you are responsible in my eyes. All the signs were there and you even tried to tell the nay-sayers to GTFO and to shut up. Why o why? because perhaps there was a chance of your little game going bye bye.

You supported pirate obviously which at some level makes you even at least partially at fault.

Edit: Not only were you wrong but your bogus analogies to support pirate are pathetic. Your logic there actually baffles me on how far you would try to stretch an analogy to make like the idea of investing with pirate a good idea.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 01:57:46 AM

If you were an avid participant in collecting investor funds and got a cut of the profits you are responsible in my eyes. All the signs were there and you even tried to tell the nay-sayers to GTFO and to shut up. Why o why? because perhaps there was a chance of your little game going bye bye.

You supported pirate obviously which at some level makes you even at least partially at fault.

Edit: Not only were you wrong but your bogus analogies to support pirate are pathetic. Your logic there actually baffles me on how far you would try to stretch an analogy to make like the idea of investing with pirate a good idea.

Those quotes are over a month old.  The very little I made from the PPT was actually tied up in funds I let lay dormant as insurance.  There was something unique about the first PPT.  Everyone else was just offering lower rates and were the ones who really profited from it.  I sold my PPT interest and exited it.

While you might consider my belief that pirate was doing something legit pathetic, the people that commented after my explanation found it reasonable.  I'm not asking for your forgiveness and at this point, you trolling me about it serves no real purpose. 

EIEIO:

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 02:33:24 AM

Those quotes are over a month old.  The very little I made from the PPT was actually tied up in funds I let lay dormant as insurance.  There was something unique about the first PPT.  Everyone else was just offering lower rates and were the ones who really profited from it.  I sold my PPT interest and exited it.

While you might consider my belief that pirate was doing something legit pathetic, the people that commented after my explanation found it reasonable.  I'm not asking for your forgiveness and at this point, you trolling me about it serves no real purpose. 

It's not trolling if I'm pointing out the facts/truth about your stance concerning pirate. All I see from you is backpedaling. Which is quite entertaining. Thanks for that!  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:48:36 AM

How did imsaguy get his VIP badge? I guess we will never get any admission of who paid for it. Who are the people who attained VIP status around the same time? Could it be that they are pirate-preachers?
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:57:21 AM

How did imsaguy get his VIP badge? I guess we will never get any admission of who paid for it. Who are the people who attained VIP status around the same time? Could it be that they are pirate-preachers?

And this again brings up the inconvenient matter of some operators of this forum profiting personally from this ponzi scheme, effectively aiding and abetting its proliferation by granting for an extended period of time (while invested themselves) most of the ponzi feeder fund threads a sticky status and then saying something like "I thought it is a ponzi but I risked my money and profited from it, but it is ok"

-
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: