Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is.  (Read 73337 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 09:02:44 AM

How did imsaguy get his VIP badge? I guess we will never get any admission of who paid for it. Who are the people who attained VIP status around the same time? Could it be that they are pirate-preachers?

And this again brings up the inconvenient matter of some operators of this forum profiting personally from this ponzi scheme, effectively aiding and abetting its proliferation by granting for an extended period of time (while invested themselves) most of the ponzi feeder fund threads a sticky status and then saying something like "I thought it is a ponzi but I risked my money and profited from it, but it is ok"

Yeah, those never should have been stickied, I never noticed it until someone brought it up in meta, cause I ignore most stickies. Wish someone had mentioned it earlier.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 03:07:03 PM

How did imsaguy get his VIP badge? I guess we will never get any admission of who paid for it. Who are the people who attained VIP status around the same time? Could it be that they are pirate-preachers?

And this again brings up the inconvenient matter of some operators of this forum profiting personally from this ponzi scheme, effectively aiding and abetting its proliferation by granting for an extended period of time (while invested themselves) most of the ponzi feeder fund threads a sticky status and then saying something like "I thought it is a ponzi but I risked my money and profited from it, but it is ok"

Holy shit, Vladimir, we agree on something! (I'm sure we agree on other things, but we have not discussed beer or space exploration on bitcointalk.)

Forum operators admit to reading pirate's (and other) PMs, have stickied threads, "suggested" creating PPTs (whatever side you fall on with gote or theymos on that one), and have recorded bets with Matthew.  It all creates a big stink.

When people talk about "the BTC community," which I deny truly exists, they are talking about this forum, and it's a snake pit.

Undecided

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 03:14:14 PM

… they are talking about this forum, and it's a snake pit.

Can't hurt to find out who are the snakes. I guess though that to most onlookers the answer is pretty obvious.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:40:13 PM

Holy shit, Vladimir, we agree on something! (I'm sure we agree on other things, but we have not discussed beer or space exploration on bitcointalk.)

Forum operators admit to reading pirate's (and other) PMs, have stickied threads, "suggested" creating PPTs (whatever side you fall on with gote or theymos on that one), and have recorded bets with Matthew.  It all creates a big stink.

When people talk about "the BTC community," which I deny truly exists, they are talking about this forum, and it's a snake pit.

Now I know why you had so much bitcoins to "bet" me in my futures contract. You profited from other suckers in your PPT with pirate. LOL

Chicken troll? lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 05:46:05 AM

Hi reeses, why did you delete almost all your posting history (including the posts where you supported pirateat40)? Your post count is now 17.
organofcorti (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 05:50:43 AM

Forum operators admit to reading pirate's (and other) PMs, have stickied threads, "suggested" creating PPTs (whatever side you fall on with gote or theymos on that one), and have recorded bets with Matthew.  It all creates a big stink.

Hi reeses, why did you delete almost all your posting history (including the posts where you supported pirateat40)? Your post count is now 17.

He just does. He used to keep his post count post count around 100, now he keeps it around 10 - 20. He claims no nefarious purpose, and he does delete everything eventually without favour. Plus he's quoted pretty often, so deleting all his posts including the quoted ones doesn't really serve a purpose.

He gave an explanation for it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104999.0

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
hgmichna

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:29:54 AM

A related phenomenon is that the most ardent pro-pirate posters are now fairly quiet.

Those are the ones who most likely benefitted from the Ponzi scheme, by running a feeder fund or by simply being bribed. Everybody who has followed the relevant threads knows who they are.
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:33:10 AM

As Donald's hair said, I just do it.  Part of it is getting tired of being involved in the anti-rational drama that peaked with the Ponzi threadstorm and part of it was noticing that I tend to ignore people with high post counts, especially over the 4k level (except Myrkul).  The fact that the forum is rigged and not at all representative of a) the bitcoin community in which I wish to participate or b) the camaraderie of the forum as little as a year ago has reduced its value do me.

We're also coming up on the high holidays, and it's a good time to change unhealthy habits, even if the reasons are secular.  I have a new Pilates instructor whom I need to see in seven hours, so I should get sleep soon. :-)

At any rate, everything I've said that caused any mayhem can be found via search, because it has been quoted, witnessed, or whatever.
mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 10:01:40 AM

As Donald's hair said, I just do it.  Part of it is getting tired of being involved in the anti-rational drama that peaked with the Ponzi threadstorm [...]

Ok. In other words "I defended/supported pirateat40, but I don't want to admit I was wrong, so I am deleting the evidence" Undecided
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 10:43:59 AM

As Donald's hair said, I just do it.  Part of it is getting tired of being involved in the anti-rational drama that peaked with the Ponzi threadstorm [...]

Ok. In other words "I defended/supported pirateat40, but I don't want to admit I was wrong, so I am deleting the evidence" Undecided

Hardy. The evidence is quoted in other posts, he just likes deleting his posts.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:33:13 PM

The forum software should block eitting or deleting posts that arent he last post in a particular thread. This is just annoying Reeses.
hgmichna

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:35:39 PM

The forum software should block eitting or deleting posts that arent he last post in a particular thread. This is just annoying Reeses.

I think being able to edit or delete a posting for a limited time after it was first posted makes sense. One hour would be my proposal.

But I doubt that this will be changed soon.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 03:52:09 PM

Keep your face-cunt shut, sweetcheeks.  You're attracting flies.

Witnessed.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 04:07:15 PM

Keep your face-cunt shut, sweetcheeks.  You're attracting flies.

Witnessed.
That's one option. I think I took a better one.
mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 09:35:04 PM

Forum operators admit to reading pirate's (and other) PMs, have stickied threads, "suggested" creating PPTs (whatever side you fall on with gote or theymos on that one), and have recorded bets with Matthew.  It all creates a big stink.

As Donald's hair said, I just do it.  Part of it is getting tired of being involved in the anti-rational drama that peaked with the Ponzi threadstorm [...]

Go back and read my posts, you lazy, dishonest fuck.  Then choke on a bucket of cocks.

Quoted for evidence.

You are the one who is irrational and dramatic with your insults. The "bitcoin community in which [you] wish to participate" is being tainted by people like you.
hannesnaude

Activity: 169

Firstbits : 1Hannes

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:03:03 PM

Go back and read my posts...

Well given that you appear to be doing everything in your admittedly limited power to make going back and reading your posts as hard as possible, you'd excuse us for assuming that that is actually the last thing you want. So we'll just have to go by what we remember you saying.

I'm a dumbass.

Witnessed
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:56:38 AM

Go back and read my posts...

Well given that you appear to be doing everything in your admittedly limited power to make going back and reading your posts as hard as possible, you'd excuse us for assuming that that is actually the last thing you want. So we'll just have to go by what we remember you saying.

If you cared enough to hold an honest and accurate opinion, you'd use the search box and type in "reeses" or do a site search on google.  However, informed opinions have little value here.

It's much more effective if you quote the whole thing.  I'll give you another chance.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I am a dumbass.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
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=4SXY
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Obviously. He's a Mac user.
grubles

Activity: 180

mistaken for gribble since 2011

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:01:07 AM

Obviously. He's a Mac user.

You can do better than that.  Take a mulligan.
Hackintosh?

BM-NBi5PcH8BBqDVp7WSJe2pNgqEVvTjd6T
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:36:01 AM

All he has is vague speculation and assumption (and yes, a large dose of arrogance).  Trying to scare people into withdrawing is a pretty schoolyard tactic.  A lot of it doesnt even make sense, but I guess its only himself he's embarrassing so where's the harm.

Profiting since December myself.

Phantom profits. They're only there if you withdraw first at the others' expense. The clock is ticking..

Yes, yes... Keep lying to yourself. Maybe it will become true. Are you a politician, or?...
And my clocks don't tick.

if pirate is running a ponzi, and takes off, wouldn't that torpedo GPUmax, which looks like it could generate serious revenue once he opens it up to the public (exits beta) ?

Ponzi.

Ah, yes GPUmax is also a ponzi, the 'ol ponzi double down, the 'ol ponzi2

Ponzi. Ponzi.

Good news everyone! Pirate has 40k more BTC to launder!

So...

We went from "BTCST is a ponzi" to "BTCST uses funds to pay GPUMax users to launder coins"?

I mean, a ponzi and a money laundering business are two different things. Money laundering business IS very lucrative. What's the point for investors of withdrawing their money?

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:19:51 AM

Go back and read my posts, you lazy, dishonest fuck.  Then choke on a bucket of cocks.

Good riddance, asshat reeses!
Deleting your bull shit? LOL! You are even a bigger joke than I thought you are.  Oh, and do not forget to choke on a bucket of cocks, you dishonest fuck. Wink
And while you are at it, wipe that shit of your nose. Your brown-nosing attempts at some of the biggest crooks in this forum where mediocre at best and almost entertaining.
LOL, deleting post... you are a loser LOL Smiley
Good riddance asshat!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: