Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:58:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin v. Bitcoin  (Read 43657 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:02:40 PM

I can LTC already dead since a big dump long time ago
From about $50 become $1.3 only Sad

Even BTC price from $12xx become $210
Bitcoin still used as currency unlike LTC

i remember it reached 0.05-0.06 from a initial price around 0.02, that's x3 increase not x1.3, bitcon increase was still better though

remember that when a coin is pumped usually the other is dumped to buy the pumped one...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:17:02 PM

its not about the code, its about being anon then doing a runner with ~1million coinage

The million you talk about hasn't moved in its 6 years of existence. I don't understand why you're so mad at it.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:34:27 PM

Why people need Ltc?

why do we need btc? if we have something better  Wink

and define what you mean by need? i mean most the world gets along fine without cryptocurrencies.
You mean LTC is better than BTC? I don't see anything Ltc is better than Btc, Ltc is just a copy of BTC and almost no people use it.

as i've said before for real world mainstream adoption ltc has huge advantages over bitcoin;

one big one being we know the original dev, btc's got an anon dev with 1 million stash, i'm a crypto enthusiast and that don't sit well with me, hows average joe going to accept that as an alternative to the greedy fiat banker  Huh

bitcoins foundation and core dramas crossed the decentralised line a time or 10 already, lets add gox, silkroad dramas, the fact that a savy lawyer could oneday class action against all bitcoin users for holding a great % of stolen bitcoin (possession of stolen goods is illegal in most places).

come on seriously bitcoin is a regulators nightmare,

lets get too useability, come on seriously any you guys actually use bitcoin?

litecoin i use cross exchange trading so much smoother then bitcoin, in practice, in my real world experience. not yet had a mac client for bitcoin work, not had a problem with litecoin (use both windblows and mac).

problem is most people here have such an emotional attachment to having bitcoin work that they excuse the glaringly obvious problems with it.

What do you think Satoshi should do with those coins that he solo mined in 2009?  Move them now to an exchange?  Wait another   That would cause a panic for sure as it would really spook people.  Those coins will never move.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:55:31 PM

I wonder what Cobble things of his own coin nowadays. I would never rule out a future big pump by him and his friends to dump all of their coins before they call it a day pull a Jackson (the DOGE founder).
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:06:40 PM

Those coins will never move.

You have absolutely nothing to base that projection on, whatsoever. Unless you're a clairvoyant, you have no clue whether Satoshi still has access to them, or what his intentions are for them.
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:15:22 AM

I recommend litecoin more because it's faster and cheaper and also better distributed and with smaller blockchain.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:26:07 AM

I recommend litecoin more because it's faster and cheaper and also better distributed and with smaller blockchain.
Good points but no one trusts a noob, can ya dig or even be reasonable?
not altcoin hitler

Amazix

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:27:35 AM

You don't have to trust me or use ad hominem. It's alright.

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:50:57 AM

There are lots of coins more fast and cheaper than litcoin, is that means these coin better than litcoin /bitcoin? The answer is absolutely not.
not altcoin hitler

Amazix

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:34:08 AM

There are lots of coins more fast and cheaper than litcoin, is that means these coin better than litcoin /bitcoin? The answer is absolutely not.

It's a mix of different fundamentals that makes a good coin.
Sure, everyone has their bias in here. It's bitcoin main section afterall. In this section of the forum it's 'bitcoin or death' like always. Never would the majority here admit to the fact that the blockchain now is almost 40GB and will be much larger in the future. Litecoin becomes a very good alternative once the bitcoin blockchain becomes inconvenient (spare me the comments about light clients, we all know it's not the same). Also costs per transaction are lower and it's faster. The only reason why bitcoin is still leading the market is because people are slow to migrate.

Of course some hardcore bitcoiners' will now make it their mission to trashtalk litecoin on this thread. It's about investors money afterall and that's how it goes around here.

not altcoin hitler

Amazix

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:47:24 AM

Litecoin is notable because it was the first alt-coin.

^ False.

Namecoin was the first altcoin of any note (IIRC, there were a few sort-of-altcoins before Namecoin, but Namecoin is effectively the first alt).

False. Doubloons was the first altcoin.

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:48:47 AM

I'd say litecoin is a very solid 2nd to bitcoin.  If you look at all altcoins right now they have been losing value for the most part over any meaningful length of time at least.  LTC is a good alternative i dont know if it classes as an investment hedge but rather a investment bet.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:10:17 AM

ok then; "I recommend litecoin more because it's faster and cheaper and also better distributed and with smaller blockchain." and not created in the quest for more fiat.........fixed.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:22:51 AM

I'd say litecoin is a very solid 2nd to bitcoin.  If you look at all altcoins right now they have been losing value for the most part over any meaningful length of time at least.  LTC is a good alternative i dont know if it classes as an investment hedge but rather a investment bet.

well i have a no roi no refund knc titan ..so LTC better at least stay 'linked' to BTC in price in that I'm holding on the hope and a prayer that maybe someday I can squeak my way
back to ROI on this KNC mistake (2nd titan i got a deal it will ROI)

but so far it has been with the ups/downs in the 0.006 LTC range of LTC to 1 BTC ...if it was to disconnect further say dip down to 0.005 LTC to BTC I then (along with more folk I'm sure) would then probably not mine LTC and hold but would try to cover my panic'd self and go to say www.westhash.com can mine LTC to BTC direct at that point

but as of now i mean really 1.32 LTC to BTC direct...it just seems DUMB at that low a price and the linkage of BTC to LTC price up/down seemingly to me anyway linked more or less

of course I got a no roi no refund knc titan orig batch unit...so my choice of holding could be looked at with doubt and with that taken into account do the opposite of myself!

just saying where I'm sitting with my underwear in a 'bunch' at these LTC prices as of now and of course in 120 days the 'halving'

sheesh......

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:18:15 PM

Faster:  ok, so what?

Cheaper:  in what terms?  dollars per coin? overall acceptance?

Better distributed:  there are scrypt ASICs you know?

Smaller blockchain:  again, why is this a good thing?  There are that many transactions in the blockchain which implies less usage.
Eastfist

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:56:43 PM

"Fuck Litecoin." -Satoshi Nakamoto
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:36:26 PM

"Fuck Litecoin." -Satoshi Nakamoto

"f%&k hornets"; gets bug spray- Coblee  Wink
JackRipper

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:16:13 AM

That does me no good if I can't spend it. Litecoin is accepted by more merchants than all other alts, but thats not saying much. Until litecoin is accepted by more merchants, it will remain useless except as a speculative investment.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:16:16 AM

That's what many people don't seem to 'get': If an altcoin has shorter confirmation-/block times, the actual safety a block adds to a transaction is smaller. Shorter block times mean that mining a block is inherently easier than it would be at the same difficulty on the Bitcoin network. Also, the smaller total blockchain would certainly bigger if Litecoin overtook Bitcoin as the primary cryptocurrency.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:33:44 AM

That's what many people don't seem to 'get': If an altcoin has shorter confirmation-/block times, the actual safety a block adds to a transaction is smaller. Shorter block times mean that mining a block is inherently easier than it would be at the same difficulty on the Bitcoin network. Also, the smaller total blockchain would certainly bigger if Litecoin overtook Bitcoin as the primary cryptocurrency.

That's not 100% correct. More blocks does add extra security. Satoshi's original Bitcoin paper talks about this gambler's ruin. Here's a bit more on it: http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1cssqr/the_math_why_litecoin_is_more_secure_than_bitcoin/

Of course, money spent on hashpower affects this also. Waiting for 10 minutes being protected by $1M worth of mining hardware is much less secure compared to if it was protected by $1B worth of mining hardware. So it's really hard to compare security between Bitcoin and Litecoin. Practically, Litecoin is protected by less money than Bitcoin, so it's good enough to secure smaller transactions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: