Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin v. Bitcoin  (Read 43657 times)
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:57:27 PM

On busy days Litecoins trade at much higher percentages

25 Jan. was Litecoins highest spike a buy
15 Jan was Bitcoin highest spike a sell

This chart is handy and shows how litecoin trades vs bitcoin but this video shows bitcoin is still way ahead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzjMYt3C2QI
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:19:03 AM

LTC will mirror BTC on the next leg up in a larger way, so now is the time to doubt. I'm saying that newer entries go for ltc when btc goes too high and they always have. Ignore at your own peril.

yes even with bitcoin people give fractions of bitcoins geeky names, still if btc gets back to new highs many users won't want to spend hundreds of dollars just for a fraction of a coin.

so yeah alot of users would rather spend that on a few whole litecoin and still have a valid respected crytpo. whether you personally agree or not thats the reality of it.

It's very tempting to buy LTC now in case a huge pump happens, but I doubt it would deliver higher returns than just holding BTC. I dont know, I just doubt very much LTC will ever reach 30 dollars or so, thing seems pretty dead now compared to BTC.

Sad but true.

again my problem is (i have many issues) but have knc titan(s) one i got used it will roi one i got orig it will be a race to see if with the 2nd one will help me to roi 1st one lol Smiley

but anyway last 6 months as of may 6th 2000 LTC....so my problem up to this point has been mining LTC to BTC at like 1.30 to 1.45 price for LTC ...ie the westhash
LTC for BTC route..just seemed stupid ...LTC seems imho too low so used www.litecoinpool.org to mine LTC and hold (so far)

now that I'm at 2000 LTC and 3 months to go till LTC halving...maybe I should get cold feet and mine LTC to BTC if I plan on sitting on this LTC hoping it goes up on the halving

that is probably 1500 LTC or so converted to BTC till then if i switched now....so no longer...but all my eggs in one basket so to speak .sigh choices to make

not sure ..pondering

but IF and I mean IF LTC does survive...imho ..it will but still.....I doubt it would be any worse then 0.006 LTC to BTC that it is now.....LTC is the Yoshi to Bitcoin's Mario...seems to like to totter around after....that is my 2000 LTC bet ....the price will go up and/or LTC will continue to chug along

as to if I want to continue that bet for the next 3 months mining these titan(s) ...there's the rub......1500 or so minng coin decision by that point in time

man  I would feel silly if I had 3500 LTC and halving happened and a big yawn and a slide down to like 80c .sheesh...

FML since BTC and now LTC has come around been nothing but excitement...on a side note...the difficulty of LTC NOW is more or less the same as it was when I got my 1st Titan in Nov 2014.....hell ....these Titan(s) may wait to aspire to be doorstops until 2016......

love this alt coin btc and ltc stuff...always comes down to 2 choices

Pick A .....you are golden!

Pick B .... you are toast!

don't matter if it is on brand of equip vs another ...get a miner or not....sell at a price or not....mine ltc to btc mine ltc to hold etc.....

pick the wrong one and you are this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUppOKg0MeQ

food for wolves

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:27:13 AM

Litecoin is  just  a pump and dump coin, And most of the volume of litecoin in Chinese exchange are fake .
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:26:59 AM

Litecoin is  just  a pump and dump coin, And most of the volume of litecoin in Chinese exchange are fake .

this is true for every coin basically, and bitcoin is  not exempt from this too

litecoin is still here because it has a good name(that is very alike to bitcoin it is like its alterego), many understimate this, but the name is important
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:44:10 AM

Current Technical Indicators and Moving Averages for daily timeframe trading USD

BitcoinLitecoin
Moving AveragesStrong SellNeutral
Technical IndicatorsSellBuy
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:07:52 AM

Current Technical Indicators and Moving Averages for daily timeframe trading USD

BitcoinLitecoin
Moving AveragesStrong SellNeutral
Technical IndicatorsSellBuy

pardon me this info is arrived at how? and where? etc

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
avalonboy

Activity: 456
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:22:26 AM

anyone investing in litecoin? if yes where?
MetalEngine
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:29:41 AM

LiteCoin have no future.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:32:27 AM

managed to get myself stuck with some scrypt miners MAY JUST  pull out ROI in 2 months ...holding 2000 LTC as of now ..if i continue to do this by the time
of litecoin halving will be around 3500 LTC coin......(sheesh)

so not sure if that is investing or just panic holding..but man ..selling LTC at 1.45 usd and the halving coming up in like 3 months just seems so WRONG on
so many levels........assuming you don't have to sell your LTC to get someone a kidney or something

so we also serve in er ...what did you call it 'investing' .....who sit on our LTC and our hands and ponder the mysteries on why/how did I get them scrypt miners
and wtf do I do next.....so looking at 2 miracles ...miracle #1 I will likely ROI on my equipment and elec on my btc and ltc miners ..at least on paper (holding) or
maybe a tiny bit more    .... miracle #2 the halving will happen and I will sell at or above 1.45 usd or so on everyone flocking to LTC

actually as you can tell i have no frigging control nor idea of what is going on or wtf i'm doing ...just to be clear

so yeah ..i'm gonna use your term when folk ask " I'm investing" sounds much better then "I've no idea wtf I'm doing" Smiley

exciting times what? Smiley

LiteCoin have no future.

you sir could very well be correct..but with what I have in equipment I sure as hell ain't gonna sell my LTC at 1.45 usd.....at least if I stick to that and
and LTC goes to the toilet and dies...I can be like the LTC KING I would have lots and lots of LTC at that point and difficulty on my miners would be way way low...
I could then have the deluded life of a 2015 beanie baby collector...I'd have lots of LTC.....(hey they take up less room then cats in my old age)

but for 1.45 usd per LTC and the halving showing up and the situation I'm in (again you could be correct) I'll just eat it at that point ...I can ROI in 2 months
at 1.45 usd......if it tanks completely...well duh the ship sunk and I'll need a new boat ....(wtf probably would have ended up as a tricked out bass boat anyway
and it may have sunk also if i use denial and 20/20 hindsight)

as to wtf I will do if LTC pumps up some.....yeah I'll probably sell some ..probably 3/4 ...might hold the rest ..but at 1.45 usd ...I'll take my chances on it all
going beanie baby.......

heh damn looks like at least i took a 'position' so to speak

(my unconscious mind  disavows all knowledge of wtf the above individual is doing in all this we advised him not to get the dang miners in the first place)

ah wtf someday they will stick me in an old folks home and take all my stuff and give me a bathrobe and a toothbrush so big whoop...its only money Smiley

WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:05:08 AM

LiteCoin have no future.

Its worth the gamble imo, this was all said before and people would have jumped at the chance for this price even before the china bubble, what has changed now? not a great deal.

When doing my mtgox claim the other day and looking at the screen shots i took before gox went down i found my bitfinex one with litecoin @ like $30 ha, good times.
Kyle1836

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:37:47 PM

Bitcoin and Litecoin are pretty much the same. The only differences is Bitcoin uses SHA-256 algorithm and Litecoin uses Scrypt algorithm. Litecoin confirms transactions faster than Bitcoin, and Bitcoin price fluctuates white Litecoin stay's the same for awhile.

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:53:12 PM

I suggest you to use Litecoin to keep your stay in the same value, and use Bitcoin to grow your money to the higher value Grin

faucet used to be profitable
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:22:53 PM

LiteCoin have no future.

Its worth the gamble imo, this was all said before and people would have jumped at the chance for this price even before the china bubble, what has changed now? not a great deal.

When doing my mtgox claim the other day and looking at the screen shots i took before gox went down i found my bitfinex one with litecoin @ like $30 ha, good times.
How much are you gambling then? I want to gamble some too, but putting it into a sound project like MAID feels safer and should give huge rewards too.
I don't think at all LTC has the potential to hit double figures again, unless someone deliberately pumps the ever lasting shit out of it.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:42:41 AM

LiteCoin have no future.

How much are you gambling then? I want to gamble some too, but putting it into a sound project like MAID feels safer and should give huge rewards too.
I don't think at all LTC has the potential to hit double figures again, unless someone deliberately pumps the ever lasting shit out of it.

I have 11% in LTC currently and 89% bitcoin but tbh i think when we hit a bubble its better to be mostly in litecoin or 50/50 perhaps is safer.  While its still the #2 coin im sticking with it.  It wont hit double figures without a bitcoin bubble.
huadylmate

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:49:30 AM

I suggest you to use Litecoin to keep your stay in the same value, and use Bitcoin to grow your money to the higher value Grin

Litecoin to hedge your bets and is not a fact that you will have same value look how much it has lost this year. Bitcoin will not just grow to riches if anything that is the wrong way around as litecoin has more potential to give a greater ROI imo of course. OP bitcoin is better and always will be, but if you need smaller faster transactions then litecoin will be the future.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:53:00 AM

LiteCoin have no future.

I have 11% in LTC currently and 89% bitcoin but tbh i think when we hit a bubble its better to be mostly in litecoin or 50/50 perhaps is safer.  While its still the #2 coin im sticking with it.  It wont hit double figures without a bitcoin bubble.

I've got miners that are working their way to doorstops...so all said and done even with the halving of litecoin end of sept this year I'll prob be looking at 4000 LTC
I have 52.5 BTC so that is about 32% of all of it I guess is  into LTC at this point.....I will likely convert some (most unsure?) of it to BTC but just can't pull the trigger at 1.45 LTC prices
thus my gamble...a nice stupid unexplained bubble on the halving along with say a bitcoin bubble at the same time to even $2 LTC would make my day....

so kinda a different take on what I would put into LTC now if I had the $$$...I suppose....if all I had was the 52.5 BTC and no miners to doorstops making LTC I
would probably put maybe 1.5K into LTC on the halving of LTC and LTC going up with that and my hope/prayer of BTC going up and LTC acting like yoshi following
mario around as LTC seems to do....and again  up as well....but my bet has to be SOMEWHAT locked into a rise of LTC and/or BTC in that I have to cover this last bit of equipment
still mining LTC...my ego sees a shot at a bit more then ROI so gonna go for it

but again w/o that 1.5K would MAYBE  be likely ......but again wtf do I know at one time I drank the BFL kool aid...got a refund but still......

WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:43:42 AM

LiteCoin have no future.

I have 11% in LTC currently and 89% bitcoin but tbh i think when we hit a bubble its better to be mostly in litecoin or 50/50 perhaps is safer.  While its still the #2 coin im sticking with it.  It wont hit double figures without a bitcoin bubble.

I've got miners that are working their way to doorstops...so all said and done even with the halving of litecoin end of sept this year I'll prob be looking at 4000 LTC
I have 52.5 BTC so that is about 32% of all of it I guess is  into LTC at this point.....I will likely convert some (most unsure?) of it to BTC but just can't pull the trigger at 1.45 LTC prices
thus my gamble...a nice stupid unexplained bubble on the halving along with say a bitcoin bubble at the same time to even $2 LTC would make my day....

so kinda a different take on what I would put into LTC now if I had the $$$...I suppose....if all I had was the 52.5 BTC and no miners to doorstops making LTC I
would probably put maybe 1.5K into LTC on the halving of LTC and LTC going up with that and my hope/prayer of BTC going up and LTC acting like yoshi following
mario around as LTC seems to do....and again  up as well....but my bet has to be SOMEWHAT locked into a rise of LTC and/or BTC in that I have to cover this last bit of equipment

but again w/o that 1.5K would MAYBE  be likely ......but again wtf do I know at one time I drank the BFL kool aid...got a refund but still......

The best way to time it is to buy just after we start going up crazy in bitcoin since new blodd has been introduced and is looking what else is around.  Timing this right though is really tricky, last time i ended up buying in @ $2.20 on the way up and there was plenty of chance to get in at the $1.xx levels before that.  All profit is good though.  I'd probably suggest long term holding some at all times incase it goes up too quick.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:04:49 PM

LiteCoin have no future.

mario around as LTC seems to do....and again  up as well....but my bet has to be SOMEWHAT locked into a rise of LTC and/or BTC in that I have to cover this last bit of equipment

The best way to time it is to buy just after we start going up crazy in bitcoin since new blodd has been introduced and is looking what else is around.  Timing this right though is really tricky, last time i ended up buying in @ $2.20 on the way up and there was plenty of chance to get in at the $1.xx levels before that.  All profit is good though.  I'd probably suggest long term holding some at all times incase it goes up too quick.

yeah ....but even at my current 2k we are not talking life changing loss here if as the trolls of LTC say LTC is dead...but man ...just can't see selling at 1.45 if i have a chance at ROI and it rises with BTC....I"m just dandy with LTC at 0.006 LTC to BTC it seems to range it if/when BTC hit 500 usd......or 3 buck LTC.

so if you believe LTC WILL survive in some form at this 0.006 LTC to BTC 'attachment' yoshi like to mario that it seems ...then 1000 btc is 6 buck LTC ..hell I an't going any place

I could live with that

and again say I'm wrong and BTC goes to 150 usd and LTC goes to 90 CENTS I can live with that too.DIFFICULTY would likely dump and I'd make more coin...but will it come back and/or/if .but this 0.006 ltc to btc starts to fade lower and I will be concerned to say
the least...I'd like to see some of this linkage as BTC goes up however....just to see it work in that manner both directions...also at one time LTC was 0.10 LTC to BTC ....man....what I would not give for that to happen ....the lot of a miner....as a speculator this all sucks if you are trying to buy sell...me i'm kinda stuck on this path

but yeah.....me stuck on equipment ...ego/piece of mind..is linked to at least ROI......me I'm in a bad alt coin fast and furious movie...already bet the frigging car (eguip) just have to frigging hang in there till i win the race (roi)...limited options if I'm making the attempt ..fast and furious wise....to get out of that with the 'skin' I started with at least

sheesh...and I used to be 'bored' before 2013 go figure Smiley

Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:07:08 PM

I don't know but this is not comparable , Bitcoin is the origin , also the litecoin price
is based on bitcoin many time I saw huge loss in litecoin because of bitcoin price
change . Also i don't think the litecoin price (38 $) were anything else a pump  Undecided

Bitcoin Boy .
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:02:26 PM

For speculation reason, I think when next bitcoin bubble comes, ltc will be pumped crazy as well. Remember last time, bitcoin went to da moon, and ltc went up crazily too, and it was pumped even more compared to the LTC/BTC rate, Ltc/btc was 0.007 btc before that pump, and the highest price was 0.049 btc. So the strong holders could earn 7 more times fiat rise than btc. From 2 USD to highest 60 USD, LTC was insanely pumped, and other altcoins were also pumped by crazy speculators.

In the end of 2013, I had the best memory.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: