Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:02:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin v. Bitcoin  (Read 43657 times)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 11:52:46 AM

Litecoin is a backup for bitcoin, as i view it.

If bitcon gets fucked by this blocksize debate, the most likely litecoin will take its place.

All merchants can easily integrate litecoin just like bitcoin, so the transition would be very fast.

that is pretty much it. with the second biggest blockchain and a solid community it has its place.

It is like Silver to Bitcoins gold  Smiley

(price goes up and down all the time. if bitcoin is succesful, Litecoin will be too)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nnjg

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:53:48 AM

If bitcon gets fucked by this blocksize debate, the most likely litecoin will take its place.

All merchants can easily integrate litecoin just like bitcoin, so the transition would be very fast.

that is pretty much it. with the second biggest blockchain and a solid community it has its place.

It is like Silver to Bitcoins gold  Smiley

I detect bias opinion here Wink
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:58:32 AM

(price goes up and down all the time. if bitcoin is succesful, Litecoin will be too)

It really should have a higher price that is consistent though. It's a shame that it doesn't. hopefully as a Bitcoin hedge it will one day. I've always liked the Gold/Silver analogy... but it does lead to the question, which coin is Bitcoin's copper/bronze???
loco94

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:00:11 PM

It really should have a higher price that is consistent though. It's a shame that it doesn't. hopefully as a Bitcoin hedge it will one day. I've always liked the Gold/Silver analogy... but it does lead to the question, which coin is Bitcoin's copper/bronze???

I believe in montero to be the future because it does follow a strict rule set and has some nice features which the bitcoin developers have aknowledged before.
Dire

Activity: 112

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:12:46 PM

I believe in montero to be the future because it does follow a strict rule set and has some nice features which the bitcoin developers have aknowledged before.

That's not a bad choice. Although I think Monero will probably one day hold a price very close to Litecoin. Overall I like Monero.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:15:48 PM

Yea i`ll buy some more litecoins after the situation improves. But damn that bubble lasts a bit long (btc/ltc).

It should deflate soon and then i`ll buy some more.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:18:46 PM

Here's an interesting titbit - https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/3kckli/daily_discussion_thursday_september_10_2015/cuwsd0j

LTC/USD on Gemini. No idea if it's true but rather compelling if it is.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:39:37 PM

Here's an interesting titbit - https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/3kckli/daily_discussion_thursday_september_10_2015/cuwsd0j

LTC/USD on Gemini. No idea if it's true but rather compelling if it is.

I dont really care about the LTC/USD

I look at LTC/BTC and i see a bit of bubble that needs to burst a bit before i buy.

It was pumped up too fast last winter and after it normalizes i will buy a lot of it.

Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:48:58 PM

I think Litecoin is a far more attractive option for mining at the moment, since you can easily mine on home computers.
In terms of worth, Litecoin has got some serious catching up to do but it might take a while.
When Bitcoin gathers even more commercial attention it’ll be Litecoin’s turn.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 06:46:27 PM

I think Litecoin is a far more attractive option for mining at the moment, since you can easily mine on home computers.
In terms of worth, Litecoin has got some serious catching up to do but it might take a while.

Mine in home computers? I tried some time ago, but did not get more than 8000-9000 litoshis a day. Perhaps I was doing something wrong?

RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:47:33 PM

Mine in home computers? I tried some time ago, but did not get more than 8000-9000 litoshis a day. Perhaps I was doing something wrong?

He didnt said you would be rich doing it. Maybe you had a slow PC, or maybe PC mining isnt making you rich.

You need ASICS to mine real money.

maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 06:59:06 PM

He didnt said you would be rich doing it. Maybe you had a slow PC, or maybe PC mining isnt making you rich.

Well, but there is a big difference between expecting to be rich and mining only 8000 litoshis  Grin

I am not complaining or using sarcasm. I really do want to know if mining more than that with an "old" two core computer is possible. I also use faucets, so I am not expecting a lot, but ... maybe about 100,000 litoshis?

RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:54:42 PM

Well, but there is a big difference between expecting to be rich and mining only 8000 litoshis  Grin

I am not complaining or using sarcasm. I really do want to know if mining more than that with an "old" two core computer is possible. I also use faucets, so I am not expecting a lot, but ... maybe about 100,000 litoshis?

Not really, there is no tweak that would tweak your PC being faster.

All you need is hashing power , which is coming at the expense of processing power.

You either buy some ASIC miners for Scrypto algorithm, or you start "staking" some PoS coins, those dont need computing power.

Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:34:22 PM

look at volume, supply + marketcap  compare at here
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/

so you can see Bitcoin is better Wink
electronicfactura

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:47:23 PM

There is no comparison between both Bitcoin and Litecoin.Bitcoin is real and innovation and LTC was made after this.If you want to invest then Bitcoin is best and when the prices will rise it will have impact also on Litecoin too.
Agaguk24

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Extended Reality Advertising

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:43:36 AM

There is no comparison between both Bitcoin and Litecoin.Bitcoin is real and innovation and LTC was made after this.If you want to invest then Bitcoin is best and when the prices will rise it will have impact also on Litecoin too.

LTC is second only because it historically came after. It has several improvements, some of which are no longer relevant (attempted ASIC resistant mining), but some advantages such as shorter block times are not negligeable. It can be very frustrating to have to wait 20 minutes for a BTC transaction to confirm and complete. So LTC IS better than BTC; its just not as recognised.

That being said, I am discovering other coins with many more innovations over both BTC and LTC, so in terms of functionality these coins deserve an even better spot than the BTC. But at the end of the day, it is social recognition that has the last word...

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:31:33 AM

that's the only thing that makes litecoin interesting. when bitcoin seems to go up, then litecoin get a price boost as well. and with its low market cap there is good money to be made.
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:36:51 PM

look at volume, supply + marketcap  compare at here
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/

so you can see Bitcoin is better Wink

I dont think anyone can argue that bitcoin is better overall than LTC but LTC has a few things different and could be argued to be better in some departments. 
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:29:00 PM

bitcoin was the first and has massive support in comparison, but I also expect that other similar currencies will spring up over time
pilscoop

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:46:03 PM

Is it worth it to mine Litecoin right now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: