Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:57:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin v. Bitcoin  (Read 43657 times)
Plento

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:17:53 AM

Jesus, have of the comments in here are cryptic.  People wanting to up their post counts?

"Bitcoin network has more effect than the Litecoin" - like wtf.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asusZ

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:18:21 AM

for me I prefer bitcoin than litecoin, because I think the use of BTC wider than at LTC
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:27:32 AM

Jesus, have of the comments in here are cryptic.  People wanting to up their post counts?

"Bitcoin network has more effect than the Litecoin" - like wtf.

This thread contains 31 of 32 pages of people pretending to know what they are talking about, even the more senior posters  Tongue.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:11:17 AM

Bitcoin is mother currency as this is first and always remain like this. Bitcoin will just grow more and more and any other currency will come and go

Bitcoin is good at a moment but we cannot be sure about the future whether bitcoin will survive or not as there would be many new and innovative currencies would be entering into market in the future which could be better than bitcoins and bitcoins would simply disappear, but at a moment bitcoin is the best digital currency to hold as compared to litecoins.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:29:47 AM

No harm holding some of each really. I have 60 /40 split

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:41:32 AM

No harm holding some of each really. I have 60 /40 split

Agree im not current holding 60/40 but i have done when LTC was higher price. I will pick up some more LTC if we go lower and wait for a pump.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:55:58 PM

Bitcoin is mother currency as this is first and always remain like this. Bitcoin will just grow more and more and any other currency will come and go
what it must, otherwise there will be a coin that would defeat the Bitcoin ?
so other coin just come and go
Ninjaskills

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:03:28 PM

I think that as well as Bitcoin and Litecoin, they both need innovation. Just take a look at other alt coins out there. Ethereum and Bitshares have smartchain technology, Peercoin has PoS, NXT has smartchain, asset exchange, etc. Even still, I think Bitcoin and Litecoin are still alive because of their marketcap and they have more users than the rest of the cryptos. Just my opinion.  Smiley
so what is needed innovation to bitcoin, to be better in the future?
I think even if bitcoin does not add innovation, bitcoin will still be the best of all the cryptocurrency
bieberluvr

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 08:26:31 PM

Their values have tended to move pretty much in tandem.  Since BTC is more adopted as a payment method, I think the prosepect for growth of value will make BTC separate much more...  I have some of both, but 90% is BTC.  I don't actively buy LTC, but when I have some extra cash, I pad my BTC wallet...
Ninjaskills

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:47:45 PM

I think bitcoin win with litecoin because bitcoin is made first of litecoin
This is different if LTC is made first
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:45:44 PM

I think bitcoin win with litecoin because bitcoin is made first of litecoin
This is different if LTC is made first

Litecoins can never beat bitcoins as bitcoins are more popular and user friendly as compared to litecoins and people have more faith in bitcoins and litecoins are too volatile and risky to handle So when it comes to an investment I think people would choose bitcoins over the litecoins as we don't know what would be the future of litecoins.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:52:17 PM

dont ask it nowdays,maybe everybody will answer "bitcoin" was better than litecoin  Cheesy
Bud Spencer

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:30:14 AM

Lite-coin is a dodgy version of BTC. BTC was first made, more secure and is also more know in the world.

That is what of the main reasons why I use BTC
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:12:52 PM

Even though Bitcoin will always remain as the leader in crypto currencies, Litecoin still would be great to have as well, due to the fact that it is much easier to mine than Bitcoin, and also confirmation times are much faster than its counterpart. That is why I hold Bitcoins and Litecoins, as they will be head to head and survive for years to come, because they are the oldest cryptos around. Just my opinion.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:41:54 PM

People want litecoins when they're seasonally low in terms of their price in LTC/BTC as they are now. Wait for the price to go back to .013-ish and you net a nice gain on your bitcoin portfolio. Just don't sell at a loss and you're fine. However, those with a self-preferred current surplus of bitcoin savings are more patient to hold litecoins in such a scenario.
Ninjaskills

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:26:49 AM

Lite-coin is a dodgy version of BTC. BTC was first made, more secure and is also more know in the world.

That is what of the main reasons why I use BTC
Litecoin is different with bitcoin, no any dodgy version of bitcoin
we will say Litecoin self and bitcoin self
bitcoin always better
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:29:52 AM

dont ask it nowdays,maybe everybody will answer "bitcoin" was better than litecoin  Cheesy
you will have a different answer if you ask with trader, He certainly had a lot of coins a better choice compared with bitcoin
Ace of Wands

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:49:04 AM

Litecoin is a trading scheme that takes advantage of noobs and collects their bitcoins for the litecoin trading whales who plan the prices in advance. Litecoin price makes absolutely NO sense from a technical standpoint and is often underpriced and still going down, or massively overpriced and still spiking. The scheme is to get more bitcoins for the litecoin insiders, that is all. Will Litecoin be around forever? Maybe, because noobs will be around forever and trading schemes can be changed up to suit the new batch of green buyers. Why did Litecoin spike in July but fall flat in November with the same Bitcoin fluctuation? You can scan the news and do technical analysis and look at the halving day, but none of these give the answer. It wasn't a secretive Chinese Ponzi group. It was massive price setting by Litecoin and Bitcoin stake holders who hold ridiculous millions of litecoins and are scattering and collecting them on their own price schedule, raking in bitcoins both directions. Will the next Litecoin pump make you rich? Maybe, but you had better be quick at dumping if you are holding litecoins in a price spike. The quicker you are to dump litecoins, the "smarter" trader you are.

Bitcoins also are price set of course. But Bitcoin is the innovator, Bitcoin piles massive amounts of proof of work at the highest efficiencies for the price, making it the ONLY proof of work coin that will be worth holding, and Bitcoin's price manipulations are one fifth the magnitude of Litecoin's, making it far less of a con. Also, Bitcoin means to (and does) add value to the world. Litecoin means to try its best to ride that success mainly by grabbing bitcoins from noobs. It actually adds nothing.

By all means, if you want to play against the Litecoin whales, trade in Litecoin. But never trade your whole stake. If both Bitcoin and Litecoin go way up from here (it will be a first time for me) then selling all of either coin will trigger a massive tax consequence. Suppose that Litecoin trade doesn't make you double your money, but only say 20 percent. Then watch out! You probably owe the tax man 30 percent or more of all your money.

You can hope to make massive gains (5x or more over Bitcoin) timed just right for the tax man, as the boom of 2013 was, but yeah maybe not next time? Who knows. Tricksters don't always pull the same tricks twice.

Smartest move if you are going to play is buy some while they are cheap (like maybe now, maybe not) and then hold 'em in the hopes that the bottoms will do as well or slightly better than Bitcoin. Hint - they probably won't. But if you buy low, then you can maybe sell a few here and there when they are high (IF they ever are again, which admittedly may happen), only as much as you intend to actually spend at a handsome gain over Bitcoins at that moment.

But even that may not hold. Litecoin has no (or maybe one) ASIC in production any more. All the projects were cancelled. And if Litecoin dies as a coin, because people recognize it as a trading scheme based on the greed of noobs against the greed of smart insiders, done on a coin with a dying or dead mining industry... all bets may be off. The whales have enough coins to sell them forever to greedy losers until the death becomes painfully obvious to the last losers. Kind of like the Mount Gox of coins, it would be then.

Remember that Litecoin's purpose (now that it is trading in silver/gold ratios already with Bitcoin) is to make Bitcoins off the other guy. It's either a zero sum game (likely, in which case insiders win and the rest of us lose), or a nonzero sum growth for all (NOT likely at all from where we are now), or a loss for all bagholders forever (also very likely and don't let the bagholder be you).

Litecoin does not add 3 percent or 10 percent or 40 percent value to the proof-of-work world by issuing a copy coin. It very well may just prove why copy coins forever after are failures.
Ace of Wands

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:39:04 AM

Why buy-and-hold the best coin is better than trading:

Buy and hold bitcoins, and you can ride out a two or more year bear market by buying more (if you believe in it, as I do). So if the market goes down, you get more bitcoins. Also, if the market goes up, and you hold, you owe taxes only on the (hopefully) small percentage you actually spend. The ones you continue to hold cause no tax headaches.

Trade bitcoins against dollars, and pay taxes on your sell at what you hope is the top. Good luck with that possibly massive loss of trading gains to the tax man. Good luck hoping bitcoins go back down again so you can "buy back even more."

Trade bitcoins against Litecoins or some other copy/alt, and you should probably be a smart insider. If you are, I'm sure you're laughing at this post. If you are like most of us, and not an insider, plan on guessing wrong a lot, and owing massive tax bills on any gains. More likely, plan on losses you can't claim all in one year (capped at 3000 USD in US).

Buy Litecoins and jump for joy if the price spikes massively better than bitcoin. Then either cry as they go down inevitably (to trade like "silver to Bitcoin's gold"), or dump them and then you are a trader paying taxes on all your coins. Headache at best, but maybe you're richer. That's the hook that gets you to buy (SOON, before the next MOON). But wait -- what if there is no MOON for Litecoin next time? Here's what I've learned trading Litecoin in 2014 and 2015. Trading NEVER goes the "obvious" way it "should". Well, hardly ever.

Bitcoins are adding value to the world, and I believe are worth buying and holding and buying more even as the price goes down, because in the long run, they will prove a good store of value. And maybe go up.

But trading them in large (whatever "large" means to you) quantities? I've tried it for two years, with most of my small amount of savings, trying to sell in a bear market, and invest in litecoins, and DUMP litecoins, and guess the bottoms. Best thing I can say about it is I learned to quit that before any massive price gains come. If they do come, the tax consequences of trading all of your coins would be a massive loss to taxes and could easily turn all your gains to losses.

I'm glad I learned a lot about trading, but it cost me. With the same investment, and even though I paid no taxes (due to I don't have massive amounts of coins and they didn't go up in value), I would have been better off to just buy with the same fiat, as I had it, and hold.

I would have more bitcoins today had I never sold in a bear market or bought litecoins. Guessing price movements is tough! I didn't guess better than chance.

Skip the next litecoin MOOON pump? Yes please. I don't believe I can get that right, even if one happens.

Buy and hold more bitcoins? Yes please. And if we have another price spike, and I become sure they are going to go down again... I will know better than to sell.

That's the benefit of two years of experience as a noob "trader".
FrostStick

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:25:40 AM

Bitcoins are naturally superior to litecoins by many factors. Litecoins are more unstable than bitcoins, and right now it's dying. So better convert your litecoins into bitcoins right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: