Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:26:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin v. Bitcoin  (Read 43657 times)
Studio60

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:13:08 PM

I don't know but this is not comparable , Bitcoin is the origin , also the litecoin price
is based on bitcoin many time I saw huge loss in litecoin because of bitcoin price
change . Also i don't think the litecoin price (38 $) were anything else a pump  Undecided

Bitcoin Boy .

When the litecoin price was over $20 it stayed there for a while before coming back down. With pump and dump the price goes up then falls off rapidly because there is no real buy support. Litecoin showed plenty of buy support for a while before it finally went under $20, which I think it did because there are 4 times more coins than bitcoins. However, that means a wider distribution of coins too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:43:50 PM

anyone investing in litecoin? if yes where?
LiteCoin have no future.

Its worth the gamble imo, this was all said before and people would have jumped at the chance for this price even before the china bubble, what has changed now? not a great deal.

When doing my mtgox claim the other day and looking at the screen shots i took before gox went down i found my bitfinex one with litecoin @ like $30 ha, good times.
How much are you gambling then? I want to gamble some too, but putting it into a sound project like MAID feels safer and should give huge rewards too.
I don't think at all LTC has the potential to hit double figures again, unless someone deliberately pumps the ever lasting shit out of it.

I have 11% in LTC currently and 89% bitcoin but tbh i think when we hit a bubble its better to be mostly in litecoin or 50/50 perhaps is safer.  While its still the #2 coin im sticking with it.  It wont hit double figures without a bitcoin bubble.

Im too scared to hold LTC long time waiting for a pump that may never happen. The coin's pretty damn dead, look around, their reddit is half abandoned. Meanwhile XMR and MAID are something I feel more comfortable and expecting higher prices than the ATH is almost guaranteed, while with LTC is just a total gamble.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:45:51 PM

I don't know but this is not comparable , Bitcoin is the origin , also the litecoin price
is based on bitcoin many time I saw huge loss in litecoin because of bitcoin price
change . Also i don't think the litecoin price (38 $) were anything else a pump  Undecided

Bitcoin Boy .

When the litecoin price was over $20 it stayed there for a while before coming back down. With pump and dump the price goes up then falls off rapidly because there is no real buy support. Litecoin showed plenty of buy support for a while before it finally went under $20, which I think it did because there are 4 times more coins than bitcoins. However, that means a wider distribution of coins too.
i think it is not right to compare pump and dump of a huge market like litecoin with > $500,000 daily volume with pump and dump of a random altcoin with $1000 volume.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Studio60

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:55:15 PM

i think it is not right to compare pump and dump of a huge market like litecoin with > $500,000 daily volume with pump and dump of a random altcoin with $1000 volume.

LOL That's a good point  Smiley
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:54:08 PM

anyone investing in litecoin? if yes where?
LiteCoin have no future.

Its worth the gamble imo, this was all said before and people would have jumped at the chance for this price even before the china bubble, what has changed now? not a great deal.

When doing my mtgox claim the other day and looking at the screen shots i took before gox went down i found my bitfinex one with litecoin @ like $30 ha, good times.
How much are you gambling then? I want to gamble some too, but putting it into a sound project like MAID feels safer and should give huge rewards too.
I don't think at all LTC has the potential to hit double figures again, unless someone deliberately pumps the ever lasting shit out of it.

I have 11% in LTC currently and 89% bitcoin but tbh i think when we hit a bubble its better to be mostly in litecoin or 50/50 perhaps is safer.  While its still the #2 coin im sticking with it.  It wont hit double figures without a bitcoin bubble.

Im too scared to hold LTC long time waiting for a pump that may never happen. The coin's pretty damn dead, look around, their reddit is half abandoned. Meanwhile XMR and MAID are something I feel more comfortable and expecting higher prices than the ATH is almost guaranteed, while with LTC is just a total gamble.

If we were just judging it on community then, doge currently has 5 times the reddit members online and 1 6th of the bitcoin reddit.  Im not bothering with doge personally.  Litecoin never had much of a community feel when it went to $50.
Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:48:30 AM

Most Litecoiners interested in short-term gain will sell their coins on an exchange for BTC or USD. Long-term investors may be sitting on their coins for years before they consider spending them, to watch how/if their value changes and hoping for a Bitcoin-like rise. So in short LTC>BTC.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:13:41 AM

Most Litecoiners interested in short-term gain will sell their coins on an exchange for BTC or USD. Long-term investors may be sitting on their coins for years before they consider spending them, to watch how/if their value changes and hoping for a Bitcoin-like rise. So in short LTC>BTC.

well if you assume that ALTS will survive in some form..then likely LTC will be in that group.....but the assumption is alts and litecoin would survive. I have seen good linkage at around 0.006 LTC to BTC price....but would like to see some of the same with BTC going up and LTC were to follow that would make me more confident that at least if you invested in LTC it would kinda sorta tag along with LTC

but I would say a LOT of folk are holding LTC I know a lot of folk with miner equip (titan(s)) and such arriving late is a better price then 1.44 LTC to BTC better be in the offing or they
will never even make some of their orig purchase price back...add to that the halving of LTC from 50 coin to 25 coin about the end of august 2016....and you have other ways to look at it

but as a miner ...just can't get myself motivated to sell LTC to BTC at 1.44 usd...seems obscene ....so my bet (currently it changes daily with fear/parinoia and fud) is the halving will EVENTUALLY increase LTC's price.....if not then I would guess their are other things going on at that time in the alt coin btc/ltc universe....that are more dire then LTC staying flat or going down in price

I suspect a lot ..I mean a lot ....of lurkers of holders of LTC in the background...be it from mining or just to speculate on the halving...we will see.....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:27:43 AM

Actually most of altercoin owner just want to earn more bitcoin through pump and dump altercoin.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:30:37 AM

Actually most of altercoin owner just want to earn more bitcoin through pump and dump altercoin.

Thats where i feel litecoin is advantageous also as it has geniune long term holders vs other alts.... perhaps a few people hold out on doge & ripple scam also.   The highest % of people holding alts i would probably guess is litecoin due to its past record.
l3sny

Activity: 859

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:19:24 PM

Would you think that current schizm in bitcoin should benefit litecoin? If btc collapses/forks into two or more ltc would be a key player on the scene. What do you think?

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍........the internet........❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Social Media.
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
novadragon

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 11:10:38 PM

in terms of price, bitcoin is still better
but in trading, LTC may still be better
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:26:52 AM

Would you think that current schizm in bitcoin should benefit litecoin? If btc collapses/forks into two or more ltc would be a key player on the scene. What do you think?

Yeah, but what will happen when Litecoin needs to scale? Would they just release the block limit with no objections?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:42:23 AM

Volume of BTC is much bigger than LTC. So BTC is easy to trade, but LTC is easy to manipulate.
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:51:27 AM

certainly better is Bitcoin
Bitcoin has a high value and also very coins are the most widely used today
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:59:45 AM

Volume of BTC is much bigger than LTC. So BTC is easy to trade, but LTC is easy to manipulate.

BTC is also easy to manipulate if you have the means.
If it wasn't then you would have been looking at a much higher price.
TheMage

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:10:06 AM

Yeah, but what will happen when Litecoin needs to scale? Would they just release the block limit with no objections?

Litecoin will do what it needs to do in order to scale when the time comes, and I can guarantee you that it will be much smoother than what is going on with Bitcoin right now.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:12:51 AM

Litecoin will do what it needs to do in order to scale when the time comes, and I can guarantee you that it will be much smoother than what is going on with Bitcoin right now.

Do you think it would be any different if Litecoin was in Bitcoin's position? It's very easy for things to go smoothly if there's no pressure.
TheMage

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:41:05 AM

Do you think it would be any different if Litecoin was in Bitcoin's position? It's very easy for things to go smoothly if there's no pressure.

I guess you would have to define "pressure". A lot of the pressure, publicly at least, has been artificially created. With that said there potentially could be a need to do something now, but like politics there seems to be extremes in the debate. Personally I support Jeff's BIP100 solution with the expectation that it gives a little more time to research and discuss for more permanent solutions.

I will say this, I've been researching all of this with what little time I have and plan to release a paper on the block size. I was hoping to do it before the scaling Bitcoin workshop for submission but unfortunately it will not be ready by then. This also serves a dual purpose since i'm sure I will be intimately involved when the decision is made for Litecoin.

Also those involved in the Scaling Bitcoin Workshop are involved with Litecoin as well. People can hate on other communities as much as they want but when push comes to shove we still believe that we are all in this together and must help each other out. Bitcoin, Litecoin, or any other crypto out there.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:05:50 AM

I guess you would have to define "pressure". A lot of the pressure, publicly at least, has been artificially created. With that said there potentially could be a need to do something now, but like politics there seems to be extremes in the debate. Personally I support Jeff's BIP100 solution with the expectation that it gives a little more time to research and discuss for more permanent solutions.

Pressure = same usage than Bitcoin, same stress tests, same govs banning it, etc.

I wonder what would happen with LTC if they stress test it(don't forget to include it in your future paper)
xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 05:32:27 AM

LTC will never be better in bitcoin.. when stress test happen in LTC can become dead coin or no value..
as of now LTC dont experience Pressure thats why you can say that run smoothly..
but when stress come value of it can go lower and lower until no one use..
bitcoin value dont go lower because it high and even stress test come price of it cant lower than LTC..
but think if the bitcoin price is like LTC and experience stress test..do you think it will survive?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: