Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:54:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Bank Deposits - dank's soul is claimed! - New music Nov 30th  (Read 128824 times)
Twilight Sparkle

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:57:02 AM

consciousness is an illusion as is so called "reality".  we are a part of a grand simulation and don't even know it. 

The formal version of the argument requires some probability theory, but the underlying idea can be grasped without mathematics. It starts with the assumption that future civilizations will have enough computing power and programming skills to be able to create what I call “ancestor simulations”. These would be detailed simulations of the simulators’ predecessors—detailed enough for the simulated minds to be conscious and have the same kinds of experiences we have. Think of an ancestor simulation as a very realistic virtual reality environment, but one where the brains inhabiting the world are themselves part of the simulation.

The simulation argument makes no assumption about how long it will take to develop this capacity. Some futurologists think it will happen within the next 50 years. But even if it takes 10 million years, it makes no difference to the argument.

Let me state what the conclusion of the argument is. The conclusion is that at least one of the following three propositions must be true:

1. Almost all civilizations at our level of development become extinct before becoming technologically mature.

2. The fraction of technologically mature civilizations that are interested in creating ancestor simulations is almost zero.

3. You are almost certainly living in a computer simulation.

How do we reach this conclusion? Suppose first that the first proposition is false. Then a significant fraction of civilizations at our level of development eventually become technologically mature. Suppose, too, that the second proposition is false. Then a significant fraction of these civilizations run ancestor simulations. Therefore, if both one and two are false, there will be simulated minds like ours.

If we work out the numbers, we find that there would be vastly many more simulated minds than nonsimulated minds. We assume that technologically mature civilizations would have access to enormous amounts of computing power.

So enormous, in fact, that by devoting even a tiny fraction to ancestor simulations, they would be able to implement billions of simulations, each containing as many people as have ever existed. In other words, almost all minds like yours would be simulated. Therefore, by a very weak principle of indifference, you would have to assume that you are probably one of these simulated minds rather than one of the ones that are not simulated. (New Scientist, 2006)

even so a form of reincarnation may exist.  i recall too distinct lives at least.  i don't recall anything specific about the previous simulations, only impressions.  one was a joker with a hard childhood and the other with the generous soul of an artist.

the views expressed here are interesting, i may consider investing here in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:06:19 AM

I have a fun little challenge, to anybody who questions the existence of soul.

Get a mirror.  Stare directly into the center of your eye, either one or both.  Look at it for 30 seconds, without looking away, without blinking.  Just stare in the very center, the origin of your pupil.  Go for longer, if you can.

Try it for yourself.

**42?
Eiii

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 08:11:20 AM

I think it's fair to say this is by far one of the forum's most entertaining threads. Keep it up, everyone!
Monster-Ant

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

The ants came marching one by one

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 09:40:04 AM

Yay, page 69, a very sexy page.

1B6RGmWBSWyFHuoZtUjbvjSp58rPfoubGC - Oh God what is that?
Jurek

Activity: 117

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:06:35 AM

You people smoke too much pot.

PSYCHOTICBOY IS A THIEF AND A SCAMMER BE WARNED!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129941
Snaer

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:40:34 AM

You people smoke too much pot.

There's no such thing! Shocked

-Zoey
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:43:11 AM

I'm not spamming, we are having a discussion about your future, "dank".  You need to understand the legal ramifications of your actions.

All you have to do is change the name of your fraudulent organization (and stop pretending to be a financial institution) it's not that complicated.

(Tick Tock)

Like pretending to be a SEC agent?
Snaer

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:58:16 AM

consciousness is an illusion as is so called "reality".  we are a part of a grand simulation and don't even know it. 

The formal version of the argument requires some probability theory, but the underlying idea can be grasped without mathematics. It starts with the assumption that future civilizations will have enough computing power and programming skills to be able to create what I call “ancestor simulations”. These would be detailed simulations of the simulators’ predecessors—detailed enough for the simulated minds to be conscious and have the same kinds of experiences we have. Think of an ancestor simulation as a very realistic virtual reality environment, but one where the brains inhabiting the world are themselves part of the simulation.

The simulation argument makes no assumption about how long it will take to develop this capacity. Some futurologists think it will happen within the next 50 years. But even if it takes 10 million years, it makes no difference to the argument.

Let me state what the conclusion of the argument is. The conclusion is that at least one of the following three propositions must be true:

1. Almost all civilizations at our level of development become extinct before becoming technologically mature.

2. The fraction of technologically mature civilizations that are interested in creating ancestor simulations is almost zero.

3. You are almost certainly living in a computer simulation.

How do we reach this conclusion? Suppose first that the first proposition is false. Then a significant fraction of civilizations at our level of development eventually become technologically mature. Suppose, too, that the second proposition is false. Then a significant fraction of these civilizations run ancestor simulations. Therefore, if both one and two are false, there will be simulated minds like ours.

If we work out the numbers, we find that there would be vastly many more simulated minds than nonsimulated minds. We assume that technologically mature civilizations would have access to enormous amounts of computing power.

So enormous, in fact, that by devoting even a tiny fraction to ancestor simulations, they would be able to implement billions of simulations, each containing as many people as have ever existed. In other words, almost all minds like yours would be simulated. Therefore, by a very weak principle of indifference, you would have to assume that you are probably one of these simulated minds rather than one of the ones that are not simulated. (New Scientist, 2006)

even so a form of reincarnation may exist.  i recall too distinct lives at least.  i don't recall anything specific about the previous simulations, only impressions.  one was a joker with a hard childhood and the other with the generous soul of an artist.

the views expressed here are interesting, i may consider investing here in the future.

If we're a simulation, what's not to say the level above us is not a simulation as well? And so on. You run into a regression problem of the infinite nature!

-Zoey
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:58:50 AM

I'm not spamming, we are having a discussion about your future, "dank".  You need to understand the legal ramifications of your actions.

All you have to do is change the name of your fraudulent organization (and stop pretending to be a financial institution) it's not that complicated.

(Tick Tock)

Like pretending to be a SEC agent?

What's wrong with being a SouthEast Conference agent?

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 11:15:49 AM

I thought SEC was Super Erect Cock Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 02:41:13 PM

I'm not spamming, we are having a discussion about your future, "dank".  You need to understand the legal ramifications of your actions.

(Tick Tock)

When you joined you had this as your avatar:

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 02:48:24 PM

(Tick Tock)

OMG, you're Peter Griffin!  Shocked
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 03:55:40 PM

OMG, you're Peter Griffin!  Shocked

He is a cartoon character, you know what that means! He must be 100% trustworthy! Quick sent him money and receive crazy amounts of interest!
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 03:59:37 PM

Let's get this thread back on topic, shall we?

75 BTC invested back into Dank Bank.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
MildBill

Activity: 129

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 04:34:33 PM

Was this another gift from your parents?
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 04:45:06 PM

No, it was the same investor that just had 100 BTC returned to him, squall1066.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:42:37 PM

Confirmed, I was anonymous, Due to a stalker/scammer, But long gone now.
fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:32:44 PM

Hope you enjoy that sweet, sweet parent cash.
SEC agent

Activity: 98

America, land of the free

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:45:55 PM

Very unwise move, "dank". This is what got you into this mess.

Tick tock, time is running out.

Id advise against a public defender, you may want to start saving up for a good defense attorney. 

"It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it." -George Washington
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:26:19 PM

Very unwise move, "dank". This is what got you into this mess.

Tick tock, time is running out.

Id advise against a public defender, you may want to start saving up for a good defense attorney. 

Hope you enjoy that sweet, sweet parent cash.

You two implying I'm some sort of "shill" or a "sell out" ?  From someone claiming to be an agent, You must be aware of ethical and impartial judgements?  You must realize on many levels this is wrong, Immoral and absurd.
You may as well be calling me a scammer, As your clearly disoriented and unable to recoil from earlier attempts to call 100BTC loan a parents bank.

Look, What ever beef you have with dank, Is your business, What I choose to do with my BTC is my business, He has always been good to me, So until otherwise, I shall continue to do business with him.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: