Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:42:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309551 times)
bzawity

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:36:38 AM

Ohad the filthy liar. Took everyones money and now gone, poof.
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:50:29 PM

It's past your bedtime, bzawity.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
dmitryshech

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:02:28 PM

Child...
HIIMHOHAHA

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:32:57 PM

where he gone?Huh
reffael

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:33:57 PM

How can u say that?
The man is working on the project days and nights and weekends.
There are almost daily updates on the irc channel.
Interesting things are on the way.

Eventine

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:42:25 AM

Very good progress is being made on the design
I highly recommend everyone join the IRC chat on freenode ##idni to get updated on all the details
gaboboga

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:31:29 AM

I want to say this very seriously ... I admire Ohad and I know that we are on the right track, I invested a lot in agoras and it turns out that since I am not an expert in systems I do not understand freenode, it is impossible to understand the  freenode. If I invested I do not know anything because freenode is very difficult to understand, imagine the rest of the people ... please Ohad let's go somewhere more accessible for the rest of the people! I know you do not want to do too much publicity because you want to avoid speculation but please make it easy to see the progress. best regards. Apologies for my english
logan4444

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:14:04 PM

1º go to https://webchat.freenode.net/ ...
2º in the nick name put any nickname
3º in chanelss, put ##idni
4º connect...
GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:05:13 PM

I love this coin, for me it is a big speculative bet. I believe ohad can truly achieve what he is seeking to achieve. When all is done, I expect this coin to reach tezos levels - if not surpass it. Can't wait for some concrete info. You can tell this is not all just vaporware by looking at the price. It has steadily increased. Most altcoins would have been dead by now.

reffael

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:43:58 PM

omniwallet
Hello there, what is the best/safest way to store IDNI? Thank you in advance.
gaboboga

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:02:55 PM

4º connect...

Thanks friend but that's not the problem, I already have my nick and enter the channel ## idni. The problem is that I do not find the thread of what has happened all this time in that channel. Is it all in real time and deleted? Is there a thread to see? Sorry for being such a beginner. But beyond that it is clear that it is not a web site that is suitable for everyone to see easily what is being done. Although your good reason will have Ohad! Thank you.
dmitryshech

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:50:33 PM

4º connect...

Thanks friend but that's not the problem, I already have my nick and enter the channel ## idni. The problem is that I do not find the thread of what has happened all this time in that channel. Is it all in real time and deleted? Is there a thread to see? Sorry for being such a beginner. But beyond that it is clear that it is not a web site that is suitable for everyone to see easily what is being done. Although your good reason will have Ohad! Thank you.

Yes, I had that feeling as well. IRC is for devs. I also couldn't find the history of chat so just left it open for a day. They speak "chinese" there man Smiley so If the rest of the thread is same, we won't understand clearly what is going on anyways... But at least it gives sence of progress. We need to wait for white paper and official announcements.
ahndea

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:21:23 PM

Hello there, what is the best/safest way to store IDNI? Thank you in advance.

hey!! try omni wallet like others do. i haven't seen better answer here.

R E Λ L I T Y  C L Λ S H    ❱❱❱    THE FIRST AUGMENTED REALITY COMBAT GAME (http://reality-clash.com/)
▬▬▬▬                                                 TOKEN SALE  [►]  29th August 2017                                                 ▬▬▬▬ (http://reality-clash.com/token-sale/)
facebook       ★ (https://www.facebook.com/RealityClash-298707873925397/)       twitter       ★ (https://twitter.com/reality_clash)       slack       ★ (https://realityclash.slack.com/)       Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAsrqKz3APcLTboJom19bg)
dmitryshech

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:16:46 PM

They speak "chinese" there man Smiley

So true...  lol   Grin

A group of aliens from "Tau" galactic planning the invasion to mother earth... I like it Roll Eyes
they gonna finally fix our poor planet )))))
Greg Pentium

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:12:15 PM

Has there been any news about the impending Agoras release?
I think I would like to purchase more AGRS tokens if there is a release imminent Smiley
Thanks.
klosure

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:59:56 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 08:29:24 PM by klosure

@Ohad, I have a question. I've skimmed through the IRC logs of the last two months and found a very promising conversation between you, HMC and Stoopkid on 6 June about the maths of the new Tau. As far as I have been able to understand, HMC and Stoopkid where trying to understand how MSOL is able to verify higher order programs in spite of not being itself a full second order logic.  And you were answering something about the higher order program being fully beta-reduced and encoded as a tree which apparently was supposed to turn it into a first order expression. Then the tone quickly deteriorated, and you ended up rage quitting the conversation without finishing your explanation.

As a result three questions / remarks which I found very interesting were left unanswered / undevelopped to my disappointment.

23:37 < HMC_a> so yes or no, is there a second(+) order expression which cannot be consistently proven in any mso framework?  In general is full second/third order collapsible to msol, or isn't it?

I expect this one must be discussed somewhere in the works of Bruno Courcelle so you could point us to some theorem or conjecture if that can save you some time with the explanations. Don't worry about making it understandable for the mere mortals. I'm happy with an explanation that I can't fully comprehend so long as HMC and you seem to be on the same page.

22:17 < HMC_a> but maybe I'm missing some collapsability magics, somewhere, so perhaps you could give a concrete example of verification of such an example?

I concur wholeheartedly with this one. A simple example of a second or third order program in STLC+Y with limited inputs, executed against all input combinations and encoded as a tree, and then the demonstration of how msol verifies it would be hugely helpful getting some intuitive understanding of how it works. That would give us the tools to try to find a case where it doesn't work (there shouldn't be any). You can recycle that explanation for the whitepaper, so no time wasted here.

22:18 < naturalog> in bohm tree you dont have lambda terms
22:18 < naturalog> they're all reduced already
22:18 < naturalog> so the higher order rules disappear and remain only with true/false or other info

What kind of reduction are you talking about? How can the result not have lambda terms? Do you mean no lambda abstractions / bound variables? How do you guarantee that?

I understand that you probably don't want to bother making these explanations if you feel the tone of the conversation on IRC was not respectful, but please remember that IRC conversations are more or less supposed to serve as documentation and research log in the absence of actual documentation, and that they benefit the entire community, including investors and potential future devs who can help you on the code, so it would greatly help if technical questions are actually being answered.

I'm really glad to see that you, HMC and Stoopkid are trying to get back to discussing the maths, but at the same time your (as in all three of you) lack of maturity is really appalling. You are reading like an old divorced couple who hate and yet still love one another, pulling each other's leg every few sentences,  and lacing otherwise perfectly factual questions and answers with half concealed vitriol and sarcasm. Rage quitting and yet coming back for more. Really not constructive. A giant waste of time and intelligence.

If you really care as much about Tau / Autonomic as you all pretend, you should be able to keep your egos in check and apply a minimum of self-control to make sure that conversation doesn't turn into a nasty troll fest before it has the time to reach its conclusion. After all, if both of your are confident about your maths, it really shouldn't be a problem to set the record straight. And if you are not, it's fine (who am I to judge?), but then stop acting as if you are Field medalists and be humble and honest about what you don't know.
HIIMHOHAHA

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:47:03 AM

Has there been any news about the impending Agoras release?
I think I would like to purchase more AGRS tokens if there is a release imminent Smiley
Thanks.

too long before Agoras release
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 04:56:41 PM

thanks,

@Ohad, I have a question. I've skimmed through the IRC logs of the last two months and found a very promising conversation between you, HMC and Stoopkid on 6 June about the maths of the new Tau.

that wasn't about the math of the new tau (as its logic is beyond what mentioned there) but i deliberately didn't want to expose any design detail, so i let the discussion revolve around mso vs mltt. the old vs new tau is already (and was back then 2m ago) light years from that subject

As far as I have been able to understand, HMC and Stoopkid where trying to understand how MSOL is able to verify higher order programs in spite of not being itself a full second order logic.

well they spoke about "higher order logic" without saying what it actually refers to, and this is part of what made the discussions very futile: the order of the logic is only one property of a logic, it by no means tells everything interesting (like expressiveness or decidability) as for itself (but in conjunction with other properties of the logic in concern).
but indeed as you point out, i answered for the scope of verifying higher-order functional programs. and indeed (as below), stlc is higher order (and the Y can make it "infinite order" call it so). so if we got an stlc program we can verify it using mso formulas over its bohm tree (as below).

And you were answering something about the higher order program being fully beta-reduced and encoded as a tree which apparently was supposed to turn it into a first order expression.

a program, on this setting, is something that returns a first order expression, i.e. it reads an input and returns an output being objects, not functions. however the program can still be higher order, calling functions and functions of functions, but at the end return an object. therefore it is of no surprise that the result of the execution (=beta reduction) doesn't end up with a function. however execution has a trace, and all possible traces (wrt all possible inputs) yields a tree, which is the bohm tree.

Then the tone quickly deteriorated, and you ended up rage quitting the conversation without finishing your explanation.

i really didnt see any point in explaining as every word i say is then (intentionally or not) misinterpreted to completely other fields. a good example is the mis-use of the term "higher order".
then i tried to see whether it's a misunderstanding problem or a personality problem, so i moved to speak about being gentleman.

As a result three questions / remarks which I found very interesting were left unanswered / undevelopped to my disappointment.

23:37 < HMC_a> so yes or no, is there a second(+) order expression which cannot be consistently proven in any mso framework?  In general is full second/third order collapsible to msol, or isn't it?

that's just another mis-usage of the concept of order. as above. can you please explain me the question at the scope of verifying higher order programs? i dont see how the question make any sense. the program need not collapse to its spec (?!)

I expect this one must be discussed somewhere in the works of Bruno Courcelle so you could point us to some theorem or conjecture if that can save you some time with the explanations. Don't worry about making it understandable for the mere mortals. I'm happy with an explanation that I can't fully comprehend so long as HMC and you seem to be on the same page.

courcelle has nothing to do with program verification or stlc+y as far as i know.
he's the mso over graphs guy.

that all said, i'll really very happily explain anything, just please give me a question i can understand and not a paste of hmc's pile of buzzwords.

22:17 < HMC_a> but maybe I'm missing some collapsability magics, somewhere, so perhaps you could give a concrete example of verification of such an example?

I concur wholeheartedly with this one. A simple example of a second or third order program in STLC+Y with limited inputs, executed against all input combinations and encoded as a tree, and then the demonstration of how msol verifies it would be hugely helpful getting some intuitive understanding of how it works. That would give us the tools to try to find a case where it doesn't work (there shouldn't be any). You can recycle that explanation for the whitepaper, so no time wasted here.

here's a third order stlc program:

\x.\y.\z.x

the bohm tree looks like \x->\y->\z->"x"
i.e. is a list on this case (because we dont use application on this specific program).
now you can write an mso (or even fo) sentence "t is a leaf -> t's label is x" to verify that the program always returns x.

(this question was very specific so no problem answering it)

22:18 < naturalog> so the higher order rules disappear and remain only with true/false or other info

What kind of reduction are you talking about? How can the result not have lambda terms? Do you mean no lambda abstractions / bound variables? How do you guarantee that?

as explained above, a higher order program that returns an object is a first order term, no matter that inside it calls higher order terms. now, because it returns an object, it *must* beta-reduce to an object! after execution, you have no functions left, only data.

and again will gladly explain further.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 05:09:35 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 05:51:50 PM by ohad

heh answered too fast, will give a 3rd order example right away (will edit here)

EDIT:
take the following third order stlc program (which always returns 2):
\G \H \z. H G z \y.y \S \x. S x 2

which is equiv to the following c++11 program:

#include <functional>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int g(int y) { return y; }
int h(function<int(int)> S, int x) { return S(x); }
int f(function<int(int)> G, function<int(function<int(int)>, int)> H, int z) { return H(G, z); }
int main() { cout<< f(g,h,2)<<endl; }

writing the program as:
@(2,@(x, @(\S\x.S, @(\y.y, @(z, @(G, @(H, \G\H\z))))
the bohm tree would be:
@(2,@(x, @(\, @(\, @(z, @(\, @(\, \(\(\))))))

asserting that the leaf is always labelled 2 is straight forward even in first order logic.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:59:27 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 06:26:19 AM by HunterMinerCrafter

I've been asked to address this post directly.

First, a small disclaimer: I post this as a personal response, not as a representative of the Autonomic project.  This post has not been discussed with the others, and does not necessarily reflect the views or official positions of our project.

Of course there are such expressions.  Ohad's refusal to admit this (even contradicting himself by giving both answers) remains baffling to me.

Here is what is commonly considered one of the "canonical" examples, and it is commonly used to prove various meta-theoretical differences of second order logics:
Code:
F(Y) = forall X . (forall x,y,z . (X(x,y) -> X(y,z) -> X(x,z)) -> (forall x:Y . exists y:Y . X(x,y)) -> (exists x:Y . X(x,x))) or all x . not Y(x)

This is the class definition of finite structures.  It has no mso or fol equivalents.  Its' negation is the class definition of infinite structures, and ofc also has no mso/fol equivalents.

We've covered at least one or two dozen such examples in the autonomic channel over the past few months.  Lately we've been discussing the expressibility boundary between full second order and Henkin semantics, as this is particularly relevant to the decidability of logics above first order.  In that context, here is my favorite working example, due to its' amazing simplicity in illustrating:
Code:
forall x,y . exists P . P(x,y)

This is logically valid in full second order semantics, but does not collapse to first order as valid.  Under Henkin sol semantics it is conditionally satisfiable.

Note that his given example does not meet the request.  It is a first order program, with unlimited/unconstrained inputs.  His verification does not assert any property of the IO relation, for any inputs - it only verifies that the function is constant.  (I agree that this property is first order expressible...)  

He also seems to conflate order of functions of a signature with order of logics over a signature.  (He doesn't seem to understand order of functions, either, for that matter...)

(EDIT: It was later pointed out to me that Ohad made a second post with a second example expression which was a higher order function.  It still has unlimited/unconstrained input, asserts no property of IO relation, and he still verifies only a first order property of the output (as he points out at the end of his post) so this is also not an example that meets klosure's request.)

I'm afraid that I can't speak much to this one.  Looks like nonsense to me.

I understand that you probably don't want to bother making these explanations if you feel the tone of the conversation on IRC was not respectful, but please remember that IRC conversations are more or less supposed to serve as documentation and research log in the absence of actual documentation, and that they benefit the entire community, including investors and potential future devs who can help you on the code, so it would greatly help if technical questions are actually being answered.

You can find significant discussions of these topics in the #autonomic logs.  I'm not following ##idni anymore but am told by others that it has devolved into a weird sort of echo chamber, mostly about (very old) solutions to transform problems and with very little to do with any particular logics.  I'm guessing you would not find any clarifications there.

I'm also told that Ohad has now given up on mso entirely and moved to more expressive logics.  From what I hear it sounds like he is lately exploring the region around/above the P-space logics, and in the "murky" area between the exptime algorithms and primitive recursion.  (It is still unclear to those I've spoken to what the logic he "has in his head" actually is.  AFAIK he still has not done anything to make concrete (or even further describe/qualify) his proposed framework.)

I like to joke that he is slowly making his way up the complexity families, and may even soon rejoin us in exploring "true" omega-order HOLs with full semantics, covering the full arithmetical hierarchy and in the existential N*N fragment of the analytic hierarchy.
(I can only hope that, along the way, he remembers/rediscovers why completeness and deductive proof inference should be considered problems for the system, not features.)

As far as I'm concerned, the debate about "mso v mltt" has become entirely moot.  There still seems to be room for debate wrt: completeness, decidability/term-inference, Lowenheim-Skolem/compactness/Lindstrom, (general) consistency of collapse of expressions between orders, consistency of LEM as axiomatic, or the necessity of general expression within the system.  He still must disagree on one or more of these points, otherwise he'd inevitably have to just be back at MLTT as the only possible option - and back on track with the "oldtau" plan.

If he did "come around" it is unclear to me if our A.N.O.N. project members would welcome him back with open arms or tell him to go jump.

Personally, my position remains that all are welcome.  Unlike newtau lately, we do not generally seek to moderate ideas or hide our design-detail information.

Edit: fixed typos
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: