Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY)  (Read 675622 times)
JewelsProject

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 02:29:58 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2016, 02:45:15 AM by JewelsProject

Hello BitCrystals community!

I had an interesting proposal that I'd love to flesh more out in terms of thought and possibilities. I am one of the team members from the Jewels project. It is our goal at the start of next year to start developing our own illustrious MMORPG which is the purpose of the Jewels crowdfund, however we have immediate use cases in our existing games - Apex Conquer (see Jewels thread).

I've had some time today to fully look over this project and it's progress and over all I quite like what I see. What is most alluring to me about this project is its beautiful art work that shows a lot of time and effort goes into crafting each card. Minor suggestion and off topic but I would love to see a lore wiki put together for Spells of Genesis if there isn't... but I digress. My idea is simple - I think it would be very cool to integrate some of the outfits from some of the characters of SoG into our upcoming game as well as our existing game. In our existing game (Apex) there are already cosmetics for customization that are fantasy oriented after all the majority of the game is fantasy oriented. There's actually already existing garments that resemble some cards such as the dark robe seen here albeit it is a bit generic Tongue.

The way I see it working is as follows - In our new Jewels web wallet we are working on developing we will offer a store for specialized cosmetics that are modeled after cards seen in the Spells of Genesis game. These cosmetics modeled after SoG cards will only be obtained by depositing the same blockchain asset associated with the card and then the player will be able to corresponding item on our game while logged in. I believe this is a positive use case for SoG cards and mutually promotes both our franchises. Here you can see some examples of cosmetics that already exist in Apex. Additionally, scrolling through our facebook you can see a few garments which are not shown in the previous link here.

Anyways, Just and idea at the moment but I would love to hear the SoG's team members as well as community's thoughts on this!

Edit: In case the BitCrystals team themselves reads this and is interested in further discussing this idea, please shoot me a PM or an email at jewels@apexconquer.com

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:42:10 AM

I had an interesting proposal that I'd love to flesh more out in terms of thought and possibilities. I am one of the team members from the Jewels project. It is our goal at the start of next year to start developing our own illustrious MMORPG which is the purpose of the Jewels crowdfund, however we have immediate use cases in our existing games - Apex Conquer (see Jewels thread).

I've had some time today to fully look over this project and it's progress and over all I quite like what I see. What is most alluring to me about this project is its beautiful art work that shows a lot of time and effort goes into crafting each card. Minor suggestion and off topic but I would love to see a lore wiki put together for Spells of Genesis if there isn't... but I digress. My idea is simple - I think it would be very cool to integrate some of the outfits from some of the characters of SoG into our upcoming game as well as our existing game. In our existing game (Apex) there are already cosmetics for customization that are fantasy oriented after all the majority of the game is fantasy oriented. There's actually already existing garments that resemble some cards such as the dark robe seen here albeit it is a bit generic Tongue.

The way I see it working is as follows - In our new Jewels web wallet we are working on developing we will offer a store for specialized cosmetics that are modeled after cards seen in the Spells of Genesis game. These cosmetics modeled after SoG cards will only be obtained by depositing the same blockchain asset associated with the card and then the player will be able to corresponding item on our game while logged in. I believe this is a positive use case for SoG cards and mutually promotes both our franchises. Here you can see some examples of cosmetics that already exist in Apex.

Just and idea at the moment but I would love to hear the SoG's team members as well as community's thoughts on this!

I think that is an excellent idea. It's similar to what has already been implemented in the mobile game Sarutobi where you can use several of the SoG cards to give special power ups to your character in the Sarutobi game. It would increase the usefulness of SoG cards even further, expanding the game ecosystem into new realms and getting players more excited about holding  these valuable assets in their possession, knowing they will be able to reuse them in several games or even sell them to the players of the other game that are seeking to have these special cosmetics. Cross game synergy is the trend of the future. I for one am all for having more games use SoG assets!  Cool
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:16:21 AM

Check out the latest SoG news in the most recent Counterparty update + more.

Counterparty Update 08/22/16

Notice Force of Will was ranking 4th in last year's "Top 10 Hobby Channel Collectible Games."

if it was SoG  Cheesy

What benefits can SoG and its assets obtain from FoW joining CounterParty Huh It is a different project, which will compete with SoG for the gamers' attention, time & money  Roll Eyes won't it?
sumbitcoin

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:00:57 AM

Check out the latest SoG news in the most recent Counterparty update + more.

Counterparty Update 08/22/16

Notice Force of Will was ranking 4th in last year's "Top 10 Hobby Channel Collectible Games."

if it was SoG  Cheesy

What benefits can SoG and its assets obtain from FoW joining CounterParty Huh It is a different project, which will compete with SoG for the gamers' attention, time & money  Roll Eyes won't it?

If FoW uses BCY as an in game currency. Now that's a good partnership. We will need to wait for details. Bcy will moon if that's the case.
Yefet

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:12:48 AM

If FoW uses BCY as an in game currency. Now that's a good partnership. We will need to wait for details. Bcy will moon if that's the case.

I think the greatest help to moonland BCY & SoG cards would be if EDS bring Moonga to blockchain and unite its assets (ie cards & in-game currencies) with SoG  Grin

But first things first - what is the next step @ the Roadmap  Huh
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:39:53 AM

The way I see it working is as follows - In our new Jewels web wallet we are working on developing we will offer a store for specialized cosmetics that are modeled after cards seen in the Spells of Genesis game. These cosmetics modeled after SoG cards will only be obtained by depositing the same blockchain asset associated with the card and then the player will be able to corresponding item on our game while logged in. I believe this is a positive use case for SoG cards and mutually promotes both our franchises. Here you can see some examples of cosmetics that already exist in Apex. Additionally, scrolling through our facebook you can see a few garments which are not shown in the previous link here.

Anyways, Just and idea at the moment but I would love to hear the SoG's team members as well as community's thoughts on this!

Edit: In case the BitCrystals team themselves reads this and is interested in further discussing this idea, please shoot me a PM or an email at jewels@apexconquer.com

Great idea, loving it! Cheesy

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 07:48:14 AM

Someone just bought a fuckton of coins. I bet interesting things are happening behind the scenes

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
fing3rblist3r5

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:52:51 AM

I remember following NEM when they were at ~ $1m market cap, and Mijin had just been developed using NEM protocol to be tested by big industry names in Japan.

Lot's of people were wondering "how could this possibly benefit NEM?" "They are separate projects?"

Their exposure was enormous in Japan.

Now NEM sits in top 10 market cap with ~$55m at it's peak it rose to $110m.

Force of Will is awesome exposure.
Yefet

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:11:53 AM

I remember following NEM when they were at ~ $1m market cap, and Mijin had just been developed using NEM protocol to be tested by big industry names in Japan.

Lot's of people were wondering "how could this possibly benefit NEM?" "They are separate projects?"

well, awesome exposure is awesome  Grin

But unless FoW uses something from SoG the parallels are not quite correct (eg may check the GEMZ & Paykey drama  Wink, same devs - different projects )

Anyway, for now we should be happy with the BCY price action  Cheesy  Let's hope the cards will go even further
chunkyjunkie

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 08:24:09 AM

I have not played in a while.  I have a question..

Is the Unity webgl working for pc?  I load it up and on the "team screen"  I can't drag cards down to fill in my 4 team blank spots.

I imagine I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

You need to select the card (click on it) you want to add then click on one of the 4 spots on the deck to add it. It's not drag and drop anymore.

Thank you very much!

https://www.bitcoinlanding.com - Twitter - https://twitter.com/Bitcoinlanding - Bitcoin News, Video and more!
fing3rblist3r5

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:10:35 AM

well, awesome exposure is awesome  Grin

But unless FoW uses something from SoG the parallels are not quite correct (eg may check the GEMZ & Paykey drama  Wink, same devs - different projects )

Anyway, for now we should be happy with the BCY price action  Cheesy  Let's hope the cards will go even further

I should think that there will be cross platform use. I hope so anyway. It's revolutionary stuff. Why wouldn't they?

Smiley

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 01:55:07 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2016, 02:10:47 PM by coin@coin

What benefits can SoG and its assets obtain from FoW joining CounterParty Huh It is a different project, which will compete with SoG for the gamers' attention, time & money  Roll Eyes won't it?

FoW will be using a platform built by EDS and IndieSquare for their digital assets, I think that should bring a lot of attention to the aforementioned companies as well as SoG.
I'm not 100% sure about this because details are scarce for the moment but if FoW is using the same platform which SoG uses for their assets it makes sense to have some cross game assets too.

Also consider FoW is well known and has over 100K users from what I read, so in my opinion this is not merely FoW joining Counterparty, but them using specific tools to manage their game assets which are going to be digital for the first time. It is currently a physical TGC game with no game app, and they will be releasing an app in September.

FoW is a different project, and have their own players but if they decided to use tools built by a "competitor" to go digital I think it is a good sign.
If any of these players look up EverdreamSoft or IndieSquare they'll definitely come across SoG. Not saying all of them will want to get into SoG but maybe a few will.
They are different games with different ways to play.

Will another popular game join the bandwagon after this collaboration proves successful? I really hope so.
Will it attract more people to SoG? I think so.
Will it bring the BCY price up? It did already, I can imagine when this goes out in the wild.

hnin (OP)

Activity: 754
Merit: 510

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 02:38:10 PM

ATTENTION, CLOUD OF WEASELS IN ASKIAN!

WEASELSCARD is an SoG card issued in a limited supply of 1 000 units.
Starting from Wednesday, August 24th, 3pm CEST, the card will be available
at the Public Merchant's for 120 BCY per card.

SweaterJacket

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:36:32 PM

Someone just bought a fuckton of coins. I bet interesting things are happening behind the scenes

That was me. Just waiting for the moon.
sumbitcoin

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:03:40 PM

Don't stop there! Keep Pumping!!!!

Maybe I am just optimistic. BCY is way under value. Market Cap is TINY. It should be 25 Mill Range. Above NXT, DODGE, Digixdao, waves, all those junk that is currently ahead.

Personally, I think 60k Satoshi by Mid September. Soft Launch will take it to 40-50k Smiley
heunland

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:32:54 PM

ATTENTION, CLOUD OF WEASELS IN ASKIAN!

WEASELSCARD is an SoG card issued in a limited supply of 1 000 units.
Starting from Wednesday, August 24th, 3pm CEST, the card will be available
at the Public Merchant's for 120 BCY per card.

WEASELSCARD back in stock now at https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/heunland/sjcxtrader#/choose for 120 BCY or 8 XCP.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:50:57 PM

Maybe I am just optimistic. BCY is way under value. Market Cap is TINY. It should be 25 Mill Range. Above NXT, DODGE, Digixdao, waves, all those junk that is currently ahead.

Personally, I think 60k Satoshi by Mid September. Soft Launch will take it to 40-50k Smiley

price will only be supported by the eds business model actually working, selling in app and burning bcy needs to start soon.... does any other crypto have this model?Huh? burn using a percentage of the revenue?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
heunland

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:10:39 PM

price will only be supported by the eds business model actually working, selling in app and burning bcy needs to start soon.... does any other crypto have this model?Huh? burn using a percentage of the revenue?

EDS is already burning BCY every month according to cards sold. I don´t expect in-app purchases to become available till launch. And I know of no other project that uses the burn your crypto to create deflation model, other than the small deflation in XCP - whenever someone registers a new token the registration fee in XCP is burned, and once EVM is integrated into counterparty, XCP will act as gas and will also be burned.
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:14:05 PM

Do any of the SoG community members have any thoughts on this?
fing3rblist3r5

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 10:27:38 PM

does any other crypto have this model?Huh? burn using a percentage of the revenue?

I think FCT uses this model.

FCT are converted to Entry Credits which are then used to make entries.

So FCT can be purchased which can then be burned for EC's and used.

Or EC's are purchased using fiat and the corresponding amount of FCT are bought and burned.
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 248 »
  Print  

Jump to: