Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:30:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY)  (Read 675625 times)
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:45:25 PM

I have bought a handful of these type of cards because i like to collect stuff. But frankly I don't get how this will work long term...... a baseball card or Magic card has value because it has a tangible use, minimally you can look at it at geek over your ownership..... not sure how that translates to a digital currency, how does one gain utility by owning these cards.

Cards will have value only if game exist.  so that bring us again to centralized system.  In theory, even is EDS turn off electricity, Card owners can make new game, or make other game beside this one.  But without any game at all, cards will have, not no value, but a tiny value.

Actually, there is a time when cards will have no value, and that is when counterparty stop to exist.

I am not feeling any better from your post. I don't even see how a $1000 card has value in a game. do the most valuable magic cards get used in games?

as for counterparty, seems some clever engineer can figure out how to connect that asset to another.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:03:37 PM

I have bought a handful of these type of cards because i like to collect stuff. But frankly I don't get how this will work long term...... a baseball card or Magic card has value because it has a tangible use, minimally you can look at it at geek over your ownership..... not sure how that translates to a digital currency, how does one gain utility by owning these cards.

Cards will have value only if game exist.  so that bring us again to centralized system.  In theory, even is EDS turn off electricity, Card owners can make new game, or make other game beside this one.  But without any game at all, cards will have, not no value, but a tiny value.

Actually, there is a time when cards will have no value, and that is when counterparty stop to exist.

I am not feeling any better from your post. I don't even see how a $1000 card has value in a game. do the most valuable magic cards get used in games?

as for counterparty, seems some clever engineer can figure out how to connect that asset to another.

All SoG cards are collectible items, even if the game disappears (which I hope it won't) they can be used in other games if anyone wants to. Yodark has mentioned this before.
The other good thing about SoG cards is that they don't get damaged with use like MTG physical cards so you don't have to worry about treating them well, keep them in plastic wrappers, etc.
Even if Counterparty disappears there is still a record in Bitcoin's op_return about your cards so they will always be there. And the way Counterparty works once you set a number of units for a certain asset that can't be modified so you are guaranteed by math if a card is rare it'll always be and cannot be counterfeit.

As players of SoG keep growing there will be more demand for cards and there are loads of collectors out there who are into trading cards so over time the value of some cards should increase. Surely EDS expects to have a good number of players once the game launches and thereafter, imagine 100,000 players (which is not such a big number for games) that want a card that has only 1000 units, or 700, or 300, or 200. What will happen with demand then? Do you think some people would want to get a full deck? How much will they be willing to pay for a Satoshi card?

The easiness on which you can trade SoG cards is also much better than physical cards, I see that as another advantage together with proving their authenticity.

TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:31:20 PM

Cards will have value only if game exist.  so that bring us again to centralized system.  In theory, even is EDS turn off electricity, Card owners can make new game, or make other game beside this one.  But without any game at all, cards will have, not no value, but a tiny value.

All SoG cards are collectible items, even if the game disappears (which I hope it won't) they can be used in other games if anyone wants to. Yodark has mentioned this before.
The other good thing about SoG cards is that they don't get damaged with use like MTG physical cards so you don't have to worry about treating them well, keep them in plastic wrappers, etc.
Even if Counterparty disappears there is still a record in Bitcoin's op_return about your cards so they will always be there. And the way Counterparty works once you set a number of units for a certain asset that can't be modified so you are guaranteed by math if a card is rare it'll always be and cannot be counterfeit.

As players of SoG keep growing there will be more demand for cards and there are loads of collectors out there who are into trading cards so over time the value of some cards should increase. Surely EDS expects to have a good number of players once the game launches and thereafter, imagine 100,000 players (which is not such a big number for games) that want a card that has only 1000 units, or 700, or 300, or 200. What will happen with demand then? Do you think some people would want to get a full deck? How much will they be willing to pay for a Satoshi card?

The easiness on which you can trade SoG cards is also much better than physical cards, I see that as another advantage together with proving their authenticity.

Thanks for the explanation, sounds quit great actually!
I'm one of these ol fashioned folks who always prefers to have tangible stuff... but on other hand, since I gave in to BTC and crypto I prefer them over fiat so same will also happen for card games I guess... It's growing on me a bit more each day.

Of tho buy some more BCY! Smiley
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:00:26 PM

Cards will have value only if game exist.  so that bring us again to centralized system.  In theory, even is EDS turn off electricity, Card owners can make new game, or make other game beside this one.  But without any game at all, cards will have, not no value, but a tiny value.

Thanks for the explanation, sounds quit great actually!
I'm one of these ol fashioned folks who always prefers to have tangible stuff... but on other hand, since I gave in to BTC and crypto I prefer them over fiat so same will also happen for card games I guess... It's growing on me a bit more each day.

Of tho buy some more BCY! Smiley

I think EDS should offer custom made physical cards with your public key to your digital card hologrammed on the card. The card would be fun to own, obviously only interesting while you own it because the public key is useless to anyone else. However, imagine you have a physical game that is paired with the digital game, and before you played your deck it is digitialy scanned for all public keys to verify cards indeed carry the balance of a satoshi card for example.

I think this would be something that i would purchase!

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:46:37 AM

I think EDS should offer custom made physical cards with your public key to your digital card hologrammed on the card. The card would be fun to own, obviously only interesting while you own it because the public key is useless to anyone else. However, imagine you have a physical game that is paired with the digital game, and before you played your deck it is digitialy scanned for all public keys to verify cards indeed carry the balance of a satoshi card for example.

It is something I heard being discussed previously. I personally would love some of the cards be printed too, I don't exclude maybe that could happen in the future.
Maybe some of the best cards or for new promotions. It'll be hard for EDS to print them with everyone's public key but if there could be an online tool to allow SoG users to do that themselves, then order a print that could be interesting. I would actually pay for the service. Smiley
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 01:20:52 PM

strange all the other coins are rebounding but bcy is still dropping what gives?

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:43:24 PM

It is something I heard being discussed previously. I personally would love some of the cards be printed too, I don't exclude maybe that could happen in the future.
Maybe some of the best cards or for new promotions. It'll be hard for EDS to print them with everyone's public key but if there could be an online tool to allow SoG users to do that themselves, then order a print that could be interesting. I would actually pay for the service. Smiley

If there are physical coins, there also can be physical cards.
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:42:19 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 11:25:10 AM by Rumhurius

ATTENTION - THE PREMIUM MERCHANT IS GOING TO OFFER THE BCYDRAGON!

BCYDRAGON

BCYDRAGON is a very rare SoG card, issued in a limited supply of 300 units. EDS is still keeping 75 BCYDRAGONs and we are now going
to offer 50 of them. It will be the last chance to get one, since we are going to keep the 25 left. BCYDRAGON will be sold for 2 600 BCY
each and the sale will start on Friday, April 22th, 2pm CEST.

That was a total failure, not even 1 bcydragon card sold.

It's the first time I see this situation.

Maybe its me but ...
Whats this?
The CSGO Dragon Lore of SOG ?
Man the early bird Prices are simply completly out of line.

Even at 12k sats its almost 160$.

24k sats= 320$ for a 300 batch card of an unreleased game ?
Seems kinda overpriced to me.

Something was also out of line with the BCY Pricings for level ups etc on the beta imo.
Would be pretty overpriced to see it 1:1 in the final game aswell

Edit:
You should focus on basic Bards for reasonable! Prices first to attract new Buyers and fuel Community Trading.
Early birds 40-80 bucks for 1000 Batch Cards seems also pretty overpriced to me.

You should reconsider the Pricings for new Swaps and concentrate on basic Cards for now, without fakin old Investors over the already purchased Cards.

PS: The Game itself is awesome so far.

Febo
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:17:30 PM

Maybe its me but ...
Whats this?
The CSGO Dragon Lore of SOG ?
Man the early bird Prices are simply completly out of line.

Even at 12k sats its almost 160$.

24k sats= 320$ for a 300 batch card of an unreleased game ?
Seems kinda overpriced to me.

BCYDRAGON should be one of strongest cards. For my opinion is lack a bit of speed.

Most of cards that was issued first months are not cheap at all. And some of them are nothing special. Unless game will become really popular, those that bought them will need to resell at lower price and rare new wil get bought. People will rather buy other cards that will be offered on sale at lower price.

Something was also out of line with the BCY Pricings for level ups etc on the beta imo.
Would be pretty overpriced to see it 1:1 in the final game aswell

I might misunderstood you here, but if you link Crystals we use for upgrading cards in beta game with BitCrystals you are mistaken. Those 2 tokens have no relation beside the similar name.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:28:31 PM

Hello,

I hope you guys don't consider this to be spam and I promise, I won't post it again (unless asked), but over at Lisk, we started working on similar projects:

https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=459

https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=483

Maybe it is of interest for some of you. Help and suggestions are welcome!

Regards
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:55:04 PM

I wonder what will happen tonight. Will there be another round of testing announced or we will finally get the exact start date.  
Viva!

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 10:15:25 AM

I wonder what will happen tonight. Will there be another round of testing announced or we will finally get the exact start date.  

ha ha Febo, remember, EDS Team is Swiss, and Swiss people do not work on sunday. So be patient.

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████████
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 01:25:43 PM

hopefully some amazing news because as it stand I have lost a fortune on this coin

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
hnin (OP)

Activity: 754
Merit: 510

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 02:36:52 PM

ha ha Febo, remember, EDS Team is Swiss, and Swiss people do not work on sunday. So be patient.
WHO works on Sunday? Tongue
The rewards for season 4 will be distributed tomorrow and we'll give you more details about the next testing season.

mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:02:56 PM

hello hnin always good to have you here , good news i suppose .

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
hnin (OP)

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 03:12:19 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 03:53:28 PM by hnin

GET YOUR "KEEPER OF KEYS"!

"KEEPER OF KEYS" is a brand new SoG card, designed in collaboration with KeepKey,
a secure, yet simple Bitcoin hardware wallet. Issued in a limited supply of 800 units,
the KEEPKEYCARD will be offered by the Partner Merchant for 350 BCY per card. This
deal will be on from Tuesday, May 3rd, 3pm CEST.

This week, the Premium Merchant will offer you the RIPPLECARD, starting from
Wednesday, and the Public Merchant will bring you the MAIDSAFECD and 6-months
Premium merchant access. He'll change his current deal on Friday.

heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:31:39 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 03:51:37 PM by heunland

GET YOUR "KEEPER OF KEYS"!

"KEEPER OF KEYS" is a brand new SoG card, designed in collaboration with KeepKey,
a secure, yet simple Bitcoin hardware wallet. Issued in a limited supply of 800 units,
the KEEPKEYCARD will be offered by the Partner Merchant for 350 BCY per card.
Now taking pre-orders of KEEPKEYCARD. I will offer them to the public at 420 BCY as soon as they become available tomorrow. This is a 800 card limited edition so will be a collectors item. So far there are no more details on powers of this card available, but I will update this post as soon as I know more!  Grin Shoot me a PM if interested.
flayway

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:54:09 AM

One full deck for sell with 120 000 BCY.  PM me if interested.

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
hnin (OP)

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 08:12:34 AM

BITCRYSTALS BURN REPORT - APRIL 2016

The discounts refunds are being sent.

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:07:29 AM

Have some cards for sale at https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/mscollec/sogcollections
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 248 »
  Print  

Jump to: