Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:07:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY)  (Read 675622 times)
hankman

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:27:57 AM

The fact that coin owners don't own the game seems ridiculous to me. Users are pre-buying XCP tokens to a game that doesn't exist.

Answer this question. What benefit is there in buying into the token sale? Won't I be able to buy fake game money after the game launches for the same price? If I can't buy tokens for the same price won't new players hate the game because the most power players are only the most powerful because they're rich and they got in at the top of the pyramid?

It seems to me like the devs want to get paid to build a game that they will own 100% of. How will the devs make money once the game is complete? There will need to be servers/fees that cost money to maintain the game if it ever gets popular. Why can't game profits be shared with token sale participants?

I would never pay to upgrade myself in a game so maybe that's my problem. I just don't understand why people buy fake game money to spend inside of a game. This set up probably sounds amazing to gamers.

I wish you people luck and hope this brings in new users for BTC. You already raised enough funds so I expect a game to be released.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yodark

Activity: 297
Merit: 264

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 08:12:12 AM

The fact that coin owners don't own the game seems ridiculous to me. Users are pre-buying XCP tokens to a game that doesn't exist.
In a sense owning the game currency is owning the game. Because owning the game currency is owning the game assets. Let's take an extreme example. Let's say Bruce manage to purchase 100% of the BitCrystals then he will be able to to get all game asset we produce. Bruce will be able to influence the game since BitCrystals will be enabled to vote some decisions. Since he holds all the premium currency, if someone wants to get a premium asset he will need to get them from him.

Answer this question. What benefit is there in buying into the token sale? Won't I be able to buy fake game money after the game launches for the same price?

First of all like any crowdfunding buying early give the opportunity to make the project happen. It's also an ability to get the premium currency at a discounted price. Also there are a lot of advantages purchasing during the sale. There are rewards like very limited cards. The genesis card or the satoshi card for example. The card that we distributed at limited supply like the FDCARD already have a lot of value. We saw an ask price of 110 XCP on counterparty decentralised exchange. Most interesting purchasing BitCrystals during the sale open the door to premium and partner store. Those store are limited to people who reach certain ranks. This give the ability for people to be resellers. They might have access to cards that we are not selling anywhere else. This way they can open their own shops.
There are more info about the rewards here http://www.bitcrystals.com

If I can't buy tokens for the same price won't new players hate the game because the most power players are only the most powerful because they're rich and they got in at the top of the pyramid?

The art of a good game design is to give unlimited fun for people who don't purchase and incentive and advantages to people who pay.
So our job is to find the right balance in order to keep free players and to maximise revenue from paying players.

It seems to me like the devs want to get paid to build a game that they will own 100% of. How will the devs make money once the game is complete? There will need to be servers/fees that cost money to maintain the game if it ever gets popular. Why can't game profits be shared with token sale participants?

Getting paid to build something or baking a project is the base of crowdfunding. Like there are millions on Kickstarter. The main difference between Kickstarter and this project is the fact people are buying part of the game economy. The blockchain nature of Bitcrystals means when you purchase something in the game it retains it's value just like physical objects. You have full ownerhsip of it. If you want to trade it, share it or whatever it's up to you. You can even build other games or products that are using those assets. There is a win-win situation because if the game gets popular the demand for the game asset will be important so people in the community are empowered to promote the game.

There will need to be servers/fees that cost money to maintain the game if it ever gets popular.
Yes exactly. This is why we continuously produce new content and we sell them for BitCrystals. For each 2 BitCrystal we receive we burn 1. The 1 BitrCystal left will be sold (or held) back to pay our running costs.

I wish you people luck and hope this brings in new users for BTC. You already raised enough funds so I expect a game to be released.
Yes will do ! Now we are on the stretch goals ! For even more exciting features

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« SpellsOfGenesis.com  Collect Monsters and Cards on Blockchain  »Collect« »Trade« »Evolve« »Subscribe to beta now«»»»»
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

hnin (OP)

Activity: 754
Merit: 510

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 12:28:19 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 12:55:24 PM by hnin

BITCRYSTALS TOKEN SALE  - OVER 100% FUNDED

EXTENDED GOALS DEFINED - GET MORE FEATURES!

OVER 100% OF THE INITIAL GOAL FUNDED IN 4 DAYS!
The first week of the BitCrystals Token Sale has passed so fast, and what an incredible week it was!
Thanks to the overwhelming support of our fans and their contributions,we have reached the initial
goal of our BitCrystals Token Sale within only 4 days!

EXTENDED GOALS
Since we still have a stock of BitCrytals (not even 12 000 000 BitCrystals from the total supply of
60 000 000 BitCrystal allocated to the Token Sale have been sold so far), the Token Sale goes on! The
initial goal having been funded, we defined several extended goals.

Learn more about SoG BitCrystals Token Sale extended goals!

threejs

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:11:08 PM

I am still trying to figure out how this site works, so excuse me for quoting everyone else.

I purchased a few btc worth of bcy during the token sale.  I don't really understand how bcy's are burned or how many ,estimated, will be burned during a given year.  I like the idea of burning but when I read the process on your website I became a little confused.  Thanks.

threejs

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:20:01 PM

Ok I looked at the diagram again and based on what I saw, it would seem like the burn rate would become less and less or would the burn rate stay the same but the price of bcy increases?  It's the part where EDS sends the bitcrystals to Guttenberg to burn, then they issue new pack(s).  Just curious
hnin (OP)

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 03:08:20 PM

Ok I looked at the diagram again and based on what I saw, it would seem like the burn rate would become less and less or would the burn rate stay the same but the price of bcy increases?  It's the part where EDS sends the bitcrystals to Guttenberg to burn, then they issue new pack(s).  Just curious
Hello,

I will try to reply to your questions.

There is a limited supply of BitCrystals (BCY), available only during a defined period - during the Token Sale right now. The price of BitCrystals increases every five days (the current rate is available till Friday, August 14th, 3pm Swiss Time).  This is for the price.

Regarding the amount of BCY which will be burned: this will depend on the game items which will be purchased.
After the Token Sale, the game items (mainly the cards), will be available only for BCY. Every time a player purchase a card, we will receive a certain amount of BCY (the price of the card). From the total amount  received from the player, we will keep 50% and send 50% to Gutenberg, which will burn them and send us the card that we will then send to the player (e.g. you want a card which costs 100 000 BCY, you purchase it and we'll recieve 100 000 BCY. We keep 50 000 and send 50 000 to Gutenberg. Gutenberg will burn the total amount of these 50 000 BCY and will issue the card, send us the card and we'll send it to you.)

I hope it's more clear, but don't hesitate to ask if not!

DragoStefan

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:47:49 PM

why are now only 60mil byc instead of the original 70mil?
threejs

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:29:18 PM

Hello,

There is a limited supply of BitCrystals (BCY), available only during a defined period - during the Token Sale right now. The price of BitCrystals increases every five days (the current rate is available till Friday, August 14th, 3pm Swiss Time).  This is for the price.

Regarding the amount of BCY which will be burned: this will depend on the game items which will be purchased.
After the Token Sale, the game items (mainly the cards), will be available only for BCY. Every time a player purchase a card, we will receive a certain amount of BCY (the price of the card). From the total amount  received from the player, we will keep 50% and send 50% to Gutenberg, which will burn them and send us the card that we will then send to the player (e.g. you want a card which costs 100 000 BCY, you purchase it and we'll recieve 100 000 BCY. We keep 50 000 and send 50 000 to Gutenberg. Gutenberg will burn the total amount of these 50 000 BCY and will issue the card, send us the card and we'll send it to you.)

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
hnin (OP)

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 07:42:18 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 02:24:56 PM by hnin

BITCRYSTALS TOKEN SALE

PURCHASE BITCRYSTALS WITH XRP AND GET A RIPPLE CARD

RIPPLE CARD - LIMITED EDITION

RIPPLE CARD, playable as “Merchant Guild Ripple” is a blockchain-based trading card created by
EverdreamSoft, exclusively for Ripple. There is a limited stock of 500 RIPPLE CARDS and those
will be distributed to the BitCrystals Token Sale backers, purchasing BitCrystals with XRP, upon
certain conditions.

HOW TO GET A RIPPLE CARD

To get a card from this limited edition, you have to purchase BitCrystals in our Token Sale with XRP.
For an equivalent of 0.5 BTC (around 15 830 XRP), you will get one RIPPLE CARD, and another
one for each extra BTC
(its equivalent in XRP).

IMPORTANT: While purchasing your BitCrystals, you have to put the promo code “BCYripple”!

ATTENTION: Limited supply!
Promotion applies on the purchases from now on, until the stock runs out.

JOIN THE BITCRYSTALS TOKEN SALE!

eshriek

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:31:19 AM

Awesome project.
Very responsive.

A minor clarification:

"107 % Funded
780 BTC from 263 backers
81% BCY Remaining
$207246 raised at current rate"

$207246 USD is the total amount raised rather than the amount raised at the current rate.

Another question:

To get a card from this limited edition, you have to purchase BitCrystals in our Token Sale with XRP.
For an equivalent of 0.5 BTC (around 15 830 XRP), you will get one RIPPLE CARD, and another
one for each extra BTC (its equivalent in XRP).

Why would someone spend twice the amount on the second card? Usually the first purchase is expensive and additional purchases get cheaper. Is there a downside if someone buys 3 cards at .5 btc each with separate accounts?

Thanks for an awesome experience so far.
eshriek

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

I am not associated with Spells of Genesis (other than being a big fan) but there are 100 million total. You can see the distribution here:
https://counterpartychain.io/asset/bitcrystals

My guess is that the bitcrystals page is just wrong. It has been on more than one occasion imho.
eshriek

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:03:12 AM

Hello,

To my understanding (my 2 satoshis):
1. The burn rate will always be 50%.
2. The amount of BitCrystals in circulation will decrease over time due to burning.
3. The price of BitCrystals should fluctuate based on supply and demand (i.e, increase in value due to increasing scarcity).
4. The value of some (all?) items/cards will increase over time. There are schedules outlining when cards will increase in price.
hnin (OP)

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 12:42:23 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 01:36:32 PM by hnin

I am not associated with Spells of Genesis (other than being a big fan) but there are 100 million total. You can see the distribution here:
https://counterpartychain.io/asset/bitcrystals

My guess is that the bitcrystals page is just wrong. It has been on more than one occasion imho.
No, it is correct. There are two reasons -some BitCrystals were sold to early investors before the Token Sale start (This possibility is mentioned in the BCY distribution window on the sale page...) and, secondly, since we are launching several promotions, allowing people to get more BCY than they actually pay, we need to keep some  BCY for this.

hnin (OP)

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 12:46:11 PM

Awesome project.
Very responsive.

A minor clarification:

"107 % Funded
780 BTC from 263 backers
81% BCY Remaining
$207246 raised at current rate"

$207246 USD is the total amount raised rather than the amount raised at the current rate.

Another question:

Why would someone spend twice the amount on the second card? Usually the first purchase is expensive and additional purchases get cheaper. Is there a downside if someone buys 3 cards at .5 btc each with separate accounts?

This is not a proper cards sale, the ripple card is just another reward.
So basically if your main goal is to get more ripplecards for less money, you can purchase it several times, with different account. But if you use different accounts, your purchases won't be added and so you won't be able to get other rewards, available for higher or cummulated purchases.

eshriek

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:58:00 PM

Awesome project.
Very responsive.

<--snip>

So basically if your main goal is to get more ripplecards for less money, you can purchase it several times, with different account. But if you use different accounts, your purchases won't be added and so you won't be able to get other rewards, available for higher or cummulated purchases.

Yes, I forgot about the player/partner rewards. Just for clarification, if you buy .5 btc of bitcrystals your reward would be the genesisblock card and the ripple card? This seems about right based on what I have paid for some other cards.

Also, do you plan to update the site when SATOSHICARD is out of stock?

Thanks again for the experience.
I am really starting to appreciate the complexity of this crowdfund.
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:53:03 PM

Awesome project.
Very responsive.

<--snip>

Yes, I forgot about the player/partner rewards. Just for clarification, if you buy .5 btc of bitcrystals your reward would be the genesisblock card and the ripple card? This seems about right based on what I have paid for some other cards.

Also, do you plan to update the site when SATOSHICARD is out of stock?

Thanks again for the experience.
I am really starting to appreciate the complexity of this crowdfund.

Yes GENESISCARD for everyone eligible for Player Blue Reward but RIPPLECARD only if you buy 0.5 worth of BTC using Ripple and only for the first 500 people. Also need to use BCYripple promo code when submitting your order according to their post above. I guess they will be updating the site about the SATOSHICARD. They should when there are none left.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:25:36 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 06:35:46 PM by jimbobway

It seems like that are making up rules as they go along.  My guess is some investor, owner, developer or interested party wanted their cut so they made up a decision out of thin air to reallocate 10 million bitcrystals.  If this is the case then it's a little shady because the sale already started and then they rewrote the rules.  This means anyone who bought when it was 70 million could have their bitcrystals diluted.  Why?  Because any bitcrystal not sold was supposed to be burned.  It's about a 10% dilution.

Since they bent the rules one cannot be certain if future decisions are set in stone.  
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:49:22 PM

It seems like that are making up rules as they go along.  My guess is some investor, owner, developer or interested party wanted their cut so they made up a decision out of thin air to reallocate 10 million bitcrystals.  If this is the case then it's a little shady because the sale already started and then they rewrote the rules.  This means anyone who bought when it was 70 million could have their bitcrystals diluted.  Why?  Because any bitcrystal not sold was supposed to be burned.  It's about a 10% dilution.

Since they bent the rules one cannot be certain if future decisions are set in stone.  

I think the reason given is pretty solid, I saw promo codes that give users from 2 to 5% extra BCY. Also don't forget they had a pre-sale to be taken out of the 70 million.
I wouldn't just assume things if I were you without any proof. The team seems to be pretty open to answering questions and stated everywhere they would sell some BCY in a pre-sale.

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:23:02 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 08:41:14 PM by jimbobway

I think the reason given is pretty solid, I saw promo codes that give users from 2 to 5% extra BCY. Also don't forget they had a pre-sale to be taken out of the 70 million.
I wouldn't just assume things if I were you without any proof. The team seems to be pretty open to answering questions and stated everywhere they would sell some BCY in a pre-sale.

I waited for them to answer when it was first asked but they were silent on the issue.  Because of this lack of communication it inherently gives cause to speculation.

Edit:  It was originally asked on Aug 7th.  So 6 days no response.
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:03:42 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 09:53:05 PM by coin@coin

I waited for them to answer when it was first asked but they were silent on the issue.  Because of this lack of communication it inherently gives cause to speculation.

Edit:  It was originally asked on Aug 7th.  So 6 days no response.

I understand, I'm not blaming you, just that with a sale going on there may be delays in answering, that was the 3rd day after the sale start. It was a bit mental, they raised quite a bit at that time.
Hopefully they'll be around more. Also on a Friday they are based in Switzerland and don't think they work at weekends. But got your point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 248 »
  Print  

Jump to: