Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY)  (Read 675622 times)
flayway

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:43:42 AM

So I've been playing the beta game and its really cool.  It's quite fun and I can see how it would be even better on a mobile device. GREAT JOB!!!

I looked into getting some bitcrystals and they are around 20 thousand Satoshis at todays price if I am correct.  https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_bcy

Here's the problem:

1x Full deck with all 49 cards. Price 85 000 BCY.

When someone start selling decks of virtual cards in a game that is still in the beta phase for $6400 USD equivalent... This is just insanity.

I don't care if the cards are "out of stock", they allow me to shoot little balls of light in a video game, not worth the price of all included family vacation!!!

With that being said, best of luck with the development of the game and I guess I hope when it's finally released I'll generate and fuze cards some moron will pay thousands of dollars for.

Awesome project!
Let's see every card game be on blockchain by 2020!
TimBit makes a good point.
1 deck of cards for $6400 is too much of a barrier for entry.

That is not stupid who ask, that who will buy probably are Cheesy

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viva!

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:15:20 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 11:32:10 AM by Viva!

Now that bcy worth 19.000sat (7,8 cent. $) i think that we have some problem with many old card price.

For example
https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/spellsofgenesis/bearwhalecd#choose

Bearwhale Card: 1200bcy is 93.6$

This price is Insane expecialy for a 3000 pcs. issued card.

At this price tag I think that it is almost impossible to sell any other card.

I have to proposal to fix this:

1) cut the price

or

2) Burn some Bearwhale Card not alreadybsold so the curent price will be more in line with the card rarity.

The second solution probably is the best. A win win.
Win for who own the card
Win for EDS, probably a deflated card is more attractive for customers.

For example, actually :
https://counterpartychain.io/asset/BEARWHALECD

2830  Bearwhale cd are still in EDS stock,

2830x1200Bcy is 3.396.000bcy, that is: 264.888$ @19.000satxbcy and @416$xbtc

Are we kidding?

At 1200bcy price tag, probably the MAX reasonable number of card in circulation is 500pcs , so 2500 berawhalecd sholud be burned

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████████
heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:33:12 AM

I recommend cards that are based on crypto technology vernacular. A power card called "Ring signature", a chance card called "Merkle Tree"

how about cards like "Hash power", mempool, block size

fun fun

we already got a BLOCKSIZECD  Smiley

flayway

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:48:23 AM

Now that bcy worth 19.000sat (7,8 cent. $) i think that we have some problem with many old card price.

For example

1) cut the price

or

2) Burn some Bearwhale Card not alreadybsold so the curent price will be more in line with the card rarity.

Win for who own the card

For example, actually :

Are we kidding?

At 1200bcy price tag, probably the MAX reasonable number of card in circulation is 500pcs , so 2500 berawhalecd sholud be burned

Cards are just right price. That can't cut or it is wrong for old buyers Smiley

One full deck with 50% discount 42500 BCY.

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:51:54 AM

For example

1) cut the price

or

Win for who own the card

For example, actually :

Are we kidding?

Supply and demand on the open market will take care of this, no need to burn any cards. There are already resale offers for Bearwhalecd on swapbot for 1000 BCY and on the DEX starting from 910 BCY (equivalent in XCP). If noone buys at that price, I am sure price will naturally adjust to whatever people are willing to pay. Same goes for the other cards that were the first to be issued when 1 BCY was worth a lot less than it is now. BCY price relative to other cryptos and USD or EUR can fluctuate up or down. Burning cards is a way too drastic and unnecessary response; IMHO.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:46:55 PM

So I've been playing the beta game and its really cool.  It's quite fun and I can see how it would be even better on a mobile device. GREAT JOB!!!

I looked into getting some bitcrystals and they are around 20 thousand Satoshis at todays price if I am correct.  https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_bcy

Here's the problem:

1x Full deck with all 49 cards. Price 85 000 BCY.

When someone start selling decks of virtual cards in a game that is still in the beta phase for $6400 USD equivalent... This is just insanity.

I don't care if the cards are "out of stock", they allow me to shoot little balls of light in a video game, not worth the price of all included family vacation!!!

With that being said, best of luck with the development of the game and I guess I hope when it's finally released I'll generate and fuze cards some moron will pay thousands of dollars for.

Thing is you dont need 49 cards. you can have only 4 cards in hand at one time. yes you probably will need few sets, but for sure no one will need 49 cards to be able to play well.

For example

1) cut the price

or

Win for who own the card

For example, actually :

Are we kidding?

This is a big problem that was statued few months ago in this thread.
And BearWhale card is a perfect sample of it. As i remember BearWhale card come to swapbots right at time when crowdsale ended and everyone was full of BitCrystals. And price raised sky high by numbers of cards sold. So many including me bought few of them at expensive price. Later that was changed. I guess i can call buing few of those as a bad investment. BearWhale  emission should be reduced to 1200 cards as the others are.
Other problem of cards i see, that strength of card is not perfectly correlated with its rareness and price.
Lets take a look at Aji-Jaspaar , there are 1000 cards, stats are not that bad 18\3\3  price is already at 1000 Bitcrsytals ($70), but card is only a common one.
I did not played Monga so have no experience, but please be carefull if people will pay $70+ for a common card.

How will be dealt with high price of cards I really dont know. 
1) cut the price
  in not an option without scamming those that bought them at higher price in past. Altho it was clearly stated that price will be only higher.
TimBit

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:53:32 PM

Thing is you dont need 49 cards. you can have only 4 cards in hand at one time. yes you probably will need few sets, but for sure no one will need 49 cards to be able to play well.

This doesn't matter if you expect this game to get popular and for millions of people to download it and play the barrier to entry is much too high.  And someone looking from the outside will most likely associate this with a scam when the average price for 1Card is $130 USD based on the prices mentioned earlier.  So a deck of 4 avg. priced cards would set you back a mere $500.  I am a huge gammer and stream on twitch daily.  I don't know anyone who pays $500 for in game items or let alone for the entire game.  If the price of the "unique" cards were cheaper then it would be much more inviting to join.

Ok so as I was typing this message I had an idea which may or may not work.   If the unique cards could be "split" meaning the owner of a card would get 2 and could sell 1 based on the number of active players in the game or something like that.  This would allow early adopters to sell cards for a small profit and grow the ecosystem.  This way a "unique" card could cost say $5 but the "uniqueness" will be determined by the number of active users or something of the sort.  Obviously this need more thought but I think lower priced cards while remaining some sense or uniqueness or rarity would allow the game and ecosystem to grow beyond the crypto community.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:14:55 PM

This doesn't matter if you expect this game to get popular and for millions of people to download it and play the barrier to entry is much too high.  And someone looking from the outside will most likely associate this with a scam when the average price for 1Card is $130 USD based on the prices mentioned earlier.  So a deck of 4 avg. priced cards would set you back a mere $500.  I am a huge gammer and stream on twitch daily.  I don't know anyone who pays $500 for in game items or let alone for the entire game.  If the price of the "unique" cards were cheaper then it would be much more inviting to join.

Ok so as I was typing this message I had an idea which may or may not work.   If the unique cards could be "split" meaning the owner of a card would get 2 and could sell 1 based on the number of active players in the game or something like that.  This would allow early adopters to sell cards for a small profit and grow the ecosystem.  This way a "unique" card could cost say $5 but the "uniqueness" will be determined by the number of active users or something of the sort.  Obviously this need more thought but I think lower priced cards while remaining some sense or uniqueness or rarity would allow the game and ecosystem to grow beyond the crypto community.

There cant be split. if there were 1000 cards issued, you cant get 1001th card.

I think a way around will be that new cards will have lower value ( i think it is already happening with last issued cards), and since will be same strength as old ones, but few times cheaper, people will just ignore old to expensive cards. they will of course ignore buying them from spellsofgenesis swapbot, not from people that already bought and will need to put them on sale at lover price if wanted to get rid off.
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:47:19 PM

You do realize these cards being released right now are collectible cards with a limited number , for people who in the future might wish to collected sets or specific cards.

When the game is released you will be able to buy cheap card packs with multiple cards inside them. There will be thousands upon thousands of very cheap cards for sale, You have tried to give a solution to a problem that doesn;t and will not exist, on every single sale page "As these cards are collector items, it's expected that they will acquire more value in the future."
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:30:50 PM

I think a way around will be that new cards will have lower value ( i think it is already happening with last issued cards), and since will be same strength as old ones, but few times cheaper, people will just ignore old to expensive cards. they will of course ignore buying them from spellsofgenesis swapbot, not from people that already bought and will need to put them on sale at lover price if wanted to get rid off.

you can certainly make gaming rules that make a percent of a satoshi card playable. You own a whole satoshi card, but lets say you only needed .01 satoshi card to play it.... now you can sell your playable percentage and have basically 100 collectible assets instead of one.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:24:01 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 12:41:25 AM by Febo

This doesn't matter if you expect this game to get popular and for millions of people to download it and play the barrier to entry is much too high.  And someone looking from the outside will most likely associate this with a scam when the average price for 1Card is $130 USD based on the prices mentioned earlier.  So a deck of 4 avg. priced cards would set you back a mere $500.  I am a huge gammer and stream on twitch daily.  I don't know anyone who pays $500 for in game items or let alone for the entire game.  If the price of the "unique" cards were cheaper then it would be much more inviting to join.

Ok so as I was typing this message I had an idea which may or may not work.   If the unique cards could be "split" meaning the owner of a card would get 2 and could sell 1 based on the number of active players in the game or something like that.  This would allow early adopters to sell cards for a small profit and grow the ecosystem.  This way a "unique" card could cost say $5 but the "uniqueness" will be determined by the number of active users or something of the sort.  Obviously this need more thought but I think lower priced cards while remaining some sense or uniqueness or rarity would allow the game and ecosystem to grow beyond the crypto community.

you can certainly make gaming rules that make a percent of a satoshi card playable. You own a whole satoshi card, but lets say you only needed .01 satoshi card to play it.... now you can sell your playable percentage and have basically 100 collectible assets instead of one.

I think that also needs to be decided before cards are issued. actually satoshi card is a divisible asset, so  you can move only a part from your counterparty vallet. Most other cards you can move only as whole.
You can learn more if you go check about counterparty asset.
flayway

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:04:50 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2016, 11:26:44 AM by flayway

One full deck sold out and some other cards. Next cards are now for sale. First price is SoG official shop price and second is mine what I am asking(ofc you can offer some cheaper or packet price).

I am selling all this cards so make your offer fast because probably manyof these cards go even much cheaper for first who make acceptable offer.

Cards where read "auction" go for that who offer best price with PM or in Slack. I am selling only with DEX and can take BCY or XCP (or you send first price and I send card after that).

Here you can see my card address: http://api.moonga.com/RCT/cp/cards/blockchainCards/1FrbMcddiM1v3HMpUqygjZYCamBykWCWao

Last one of each card I will save for myself so last deck can't buy.

3x BAZAARCARD 1000 BCY         -> 530 BCY
1x BCYDRAGON 2600 BCY           -> 1980 BCY
1x BEARWHALECD 1200 BCY        -> 630 BCY
1x BLOCKSIZECD                     -> auction
3x BLOCKTRAILCD 800 BCY          -> 430 BCY
1x BTCDRAGONCD 1300 BCY        -> 830 BCY
1x CARDAIRBITZ 1200 BCY           -> 730 BCY
1x CARDAMBER 1200 BCY             -> 730 BCY
8x CARDASTEMA 1200 BCY           -> 640 BCY
4x CARDAUGUR 1150 BCY             -> 590 BCY
2x CLEFCARD 1460 BCY                -> 780 BCY
3x CNPCARD 150 BCY                   -> 75 BCY
1x DARYENCARD 300 BCY            -> 160 BCY
1x DOGECOINCARD 900 BCY        -> 380 BCY
1x EMERALDCARD 1100 BCY        -> 640 BCY
3x ETHEREUMCARD 1095 BCY       -> 540 BCY
2x ETHXCPCARD 1025 BCY           -> 510 BCY   
2x FDCARD                              -> auction
3x GEMZCARD 2546 GEMZ            -> 160 BCY
4x GENESISCARD                      -> auction
3x GOBLINCARD 600 BCY              -> 430 BCY
6x GOXCARD 1150 BCY                -> 630 BCY
3x LTBCARD 1200 BCY                 -> 640 BCY
LTCDRAGON 150 BCY              -> 75 BCY
MERCHANTCARD 40 BCY          -> 40 BCY
1x MINERCARD 1100 BCY              -> 630 BCY
3x RIPPLECARD 2000 BCY             -> 1280 BCY
1x RUBYCARD 1100 BCY               -> 640 BCY
SAPPHIRECARD 1100 BCY         -> 640 BCY
3x SARUTOBICARD 60 BCY           -> 35 BCY
SATOSHILITE 600 BCY             -> 340 BCY
3x SAYOSIATAX 150 BCY              -> 85 BCH
SGDARKNESS 1200 BCY           -> 730 BCY
3x SHAPESHIFTCD   0.30 BTC       -> 0.20 BTC
SHIELDWALLCD 290 BCY          -> 160 BCY
3x SJCXCARD 3500 SJCX              -> 2250 BCY
2x SWARMCD 1094 BCY                -> 540 BCY
1x TALISMANCARD 2000 BCY        -> 1540 BCY
1x WAGATECARD 1100 BCY          -> 640 BCY
1x WHEREBCYCARD 1000 BCY       -> 630 BCY
4x XAJIARKETAAR 1350 BCY          -> 720 BCY
15x XAJIBASILAAR 1000 BCY         -> 430 BCY
XAJIBESAAR 1000 BCY             -> 530 BCY
XAJIBOSS                              -> auction
11x XAJIJASPAAR 1200 BCY          -> 460 BCY
1x XAJIYEREMAAR 1350 BCY         -> 720 BCY
3x XCPCARD 1000 BCY                 -> 540 BCY
8x ZAIFCARD 1200 BCY                -> 630 BCY

KingSlamma

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:08:01 AM

One full deck sold out and some other cards. Next cards are now for sale. First price is SoG official shop price and second is mine what I am asking(ofc you can offer some cheaper or packet price).

I am selling all this cards so make your offer fast because probably manyof these cards go even much cheaper for first who make acceptable offer.

Cards where read "auction" go for that who offer best price with PM or in Slack. I am selling only with DEX and can take BCY or XCP (or you send first price and I send card after that).

Here you can see my card address: http://api.moonga.com/RCT/cp/cards/blockchainCards/1FrbMcddiM1v3HMpUqygjZYCamBykWCWao

Great Seller. I bought a deck from flayway a couple hours ago.
akbtcnewb

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:31:49 PM

3x BAZAARCARD 1000 BCY         -> 530 BCY
1x BCYDRAGON 2600 BCY           -> 1980 BCY
1x BEARWHALECD 1200 BCY        -> 630 BCY
1x BLOCKSIZECD                     -> auction
3x BLOCKTRAILCD 800 BCY          -> 430 BCY
1x BTCDRAGONCD 1300 BCY        -> 830 BCY
1x CARDAIRBITZ 1200 BCY           -> 730 BCY
1x CARDAMBER 1200 BCY             -> 730 BCY
8x CARDASTEMA 1200 BCY           -> 640 BCY
4x CARDAUGUR 1150 BCY             -> 590 BCY
2x CLEFCARD 1460 BCY                -> 780 BCY
3x CNPCARD 150 BCY                   -> 75 BCY
1x DARYENCARD 300 BCY            -> 160 BCY
1x DOGECOINCARD 900 BCY        -> 380 BCY
1x EMERALDCARD 1100 BCY        -> 640 BCY
3x ETHEREUMCARD 1095 BCY       -> 540 BCY
2x ETHXCPCARD 1025 BCY           -> 510 BCY   
2x FDCARD                              -> auction
3x GEMZCARD 2546 GEMZ            -> 160 BCY
4x GENESISCARD                      -> auction
3x GOBLINCARD 600 BCY              -> 430 BCY
6x GOXCARD 1150 BCY                -> 630 BCY
3x LTBCARD 1200 BCY                 -> 640 BCY
1x LTCDRAGON 150 BCY              -> 75 BCY
1x MERCHANTCARD 40 BCY          -> 40 BCY
1x MINERCARD 1100 BCY              -> 630 BCY
3x RIPPLECARD 2000 BCY             -> 1280 BCY
1x RUBYCARD 1100 BCY               -> 640 BCY
1x SAPPHIRECARD 1100 BCY         -> 640 BCY
3x SARUTOBICARD 60 BCY           -> 35 BCY
1x SATOSHILITE 600 BCY             -> 340 BCY
3x SAYOSIATAX 150 BCY              -> 85 BCH
1x SGDARKNESS 1200 BCY           -> 730 BCY
3x SHAPESHIFTCD   0.30 BTC       -> 0.20 BTC
1x SHIELDWALLCD 290 BCY          -> 160 BCY
3x SJCXCARD 3500 SJCX              -> 2250 BCY
2x SWARMCD 1094 BCY                -> 540 BCY
1x TALISMANCARD 2000 BCY        -> 1540 BCY
1x WAGATECARD 1100 BCY          -> 640 BCY
1x WHEREBCYCARD 1000 BCY       -> 630 BCY
5x XAJIARKETAAR 1350 BCY          -> 720 BCY
16x XAJIBASILAAR 1000 BCY         -> 430 BCY
1x XAJIBESAAR 1000 BCY             -> 530 BCY
1x XAJIBOSS                              -> auction
12x XAJIJASPAAR 1200 BCY          -> 460 BCY
1x XAJIYEREMAAR 1350 BCY         -> 720 BCY
3x XCPCARD 1000 BCY                 -> 540 BCY
8x ZAIFCARD 1200 BCY                -> 630 BCY

i sent you a direct message on the slack.  looking to grab the LTCDRAGON and the SHIELDWALLCD.  i'd like two of both, actually...
let me know....
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:19:00 PM

Bravo!
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:41:24 AM

There is this posted on tumbrl and LTBc forum. I guess someone forgot to paste it here. Oh and thx for my testing reward Smiley

SEASON 3 IS OVER, ENJOY YOUR REWARDS!

Wow, this season was crazy! Over 220 000 waves cleared!
You have helped us a lot to discover what is needed to be done to improve the game, thank you. Your rewards are on their way to your wallets…
As announced, we have distributed a common pot of 17 810 BCY, an equivalent of 1 500 USD.
Now we’ll let you take a breath and enjoy your Easter Holidays and we’ll bring you the new season - and an updated version of the gameplay - in the beginning of April! You can still play and check your position on the leaderboard, the counter is still on and be reset before the new release.

Thanks for being with us!

Oh and there was posted some future plans. They were latter deleted since it seems are not yet for public and for those bitcoinrock said:
Bravo!
hnin (OP)

Activity: 754
Merit: 510

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 12:01:17 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 12:55:41 PM by hnin

Spells of Genesis Stores Become Card Merchants!

Every Spells of Genesis (SoG) backer and current asset holder has helped shape the new “true ownership economy”. The results are stunning! SoG assets transactions
add up to over 80% of all Counterparty transactions and some of our cards are the most valuable assets on the platform. We have sold almost 9,000 cards for a total
of over 3,600,000 BitCrystals (BCY). Together we became a trendsetter for the future of digital game economies.

The exchange of Blockchain-based assets is still in its infancy and there is a lot to be explored and learned. Since the very beginning, we believed in a world where the
game studio and the community are co-owning and co-building their projects. This is our vision, we are striving to turn it into reality.

The community is bringing even more value to the game with examples like sogassets.com, an unofficial but invaluable source of information for trading cards, and
sogparty.com, a Counterparty wallet dedicated to SoG assets. Third-party projects are flourishing even though we are still in the game production phase.

Together we are setting the trends and we want to go even further in our exploration. Seen that a big part of the fun in a trading card game is the secondary market,
we want to empower it by encouraging user-to-user exchanges and third-party digital retailers. Our second objective is to bring blockchain-based assets and transactions
to mainstream users, the non-bitcoiners out there. To reach these two targets we are going to change the timing of public offers. Not having 100% of the inventory
available at any one time will create more excitement during sales, while favoring a secondary market growth.

We are also creating some free assets, playable without having to pay for them. These freebies will allow people without Bitcoin or any other digital currency to get
familiar with swapbots and the Decentralized Exchange (DEX). They will be rewarded with freebies allowing them to enter the blockchain ecosystem smoothly.

Furthermore we are changing the name of our stores to merchants, so the Partner Store will now be Partner Merchant, the Premium Store will be Premium Merchant,
and the Public Store will be Public Merchant.

Card Types
There are two types of cards in SoG: off-chain cards are those you get by summoning Gold in-game and blockchain cards are the ones offered by Merchants (former Stores).
There are 4 types of blockchain cards available from different Merchants and are described below.

Public Cards
Those offered first by the Partner Merchant and then, a month later, by the Public Merchant.

Premium Cards
Those offered first by the Partner Merchant and then, a month later, by the Premium Merchant.

Special Cards
Those offered directly by the Public Merchant without passing by the Partner Merchant first. An example of a special card is XAJIBOSS, a card released for a special occasion,
available for sale only during a very limited period and offered directly to the public. To keep the special cards really exceptional, we’ve set a cap of maximum 1 special card
release every 10 Public or Premium cards. We did offer special cards before but it should be considered a new type of blockchain card we offer from now on.

Free Cards
Those offered directly by the Public Merchant, they won’t be sold for BitCrystals, but only for “Free Assets”, more about that in the Free Assets System section below. This is
a new type of blockchain card we’re going to introduce in order make it easier for new players to enter the blockchain ecosystem. This will give them a feel of game assets
ownership as well as experience in acquiring cards for free.

Merchants
The Merchants are expected to arrive in Askian in the first week of April.

Partner Merchant

The Partner Merchant will keep offering Public and Premium cards for BitCrystals. As always, all the Public and Premium cards will be first available at the Partner Merchant.
One month later they will then be offered by the Premium Merchant or by the Public Merchant. 80% of the total supply of each Public card and 40% of the total supply of
each Premium card will be available at the Partner Merchant. Each card will be available for a week if we keep the current release rhythm, or until the next card release,
or until the end of the allocated stock (if this occurs first).

Premium Merchant

The Premium Merchant will offer 40% of the total supply of the Premium cards. Those will be available one month after the card release on the Partner Merchant. Each card
will be on sale for a week, then it will be replaced by another offer. If there is any stock left, it may reappear later.
Some Free Assets may appear on the Premium Merchant too.

EverdreamSoft (EDS) will keep 20% of the total supply of each card. For the cards produced in partnership with another project, EDS reserves the right to allocate a
reasonable amount of the card supply (out of the 20% kept by EDS) to the partner project.

Public Merchant

The Public Merchant will sell Public blockchain cards for BitCrystals and distribute Free Assets, including free cards, for other Free Assets. The Public cards will be available a
month after their release on the Partner Merchant, but the exact date of availability won’t be guaranteed - it may occur at any moment starting from one month after the card
release. The number of cards available for sale will be limited for each sale. All items will be sold using flash sales, lasting a few hours or days. This should also make sales
more exciting.

Free Assets System
The purpose of a Free Asset is to be exchanged for another Free Asset, or for a free blockchain card. Free Assets and free blockchain cards won’t be sold or bought with BCY or
any other cryptocurrency. Free Assets will be represented by different minerals such as coal, tin, copper or iron and each asset will have three stages (e.g. iron1, iron2, iron3).
You will be able to exchange with the Merchant a set amount of iron1 for iron2, iron2 for iron3, and finally a certain amount of iron3 for a free blockchain card.

There are several ways to get a Free Asset. The different minerals can be acquired as rewards while playing, for a specific achievement and/or the leaderboard rank. You can
also get them because you own another blockchain asset in your wallet. In this case, your mineral asset will be “generated” by the other asset in your wallet which may be a
free asset, or any other blockchain asset (e.g. you could get one copper1 for each SARUTOBICARD, or for each coal1 you have).

Future
This new model is an experiment we want to try out but it may be changed in the future depending on community feedback. Thanks to your support and enthusiasm we are
constantly improving the distribution model. Together, we are creating the most entertaining use of the blockchain that will inspire game creators for the next decade.

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:35:41 PM

Oh and there was posted some future plans. They were latter deleted since it seems are not yet for public and for those bitcoinrock said:
Bravo!

It's been reposted above now. I saw that too and saw on Slack people had difficulties working it out.
Seems like they have reviewed the message, seems more clear now and I think it can make things pretty interesting going forward especially for non-bitcoiners who want to venture in the world of crypto gaming.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:49:10 PM

Every Spells of Genesis (SoG) backer and current asset holder has helped shape the new “true ownership economy”. T
EverDreamSoft has an opportunity here to create a gaming asset class never before seen. The ideas and implementations are endless. I hope EDS is constantly brainstorming on how to make my cards more valuable over time, if early adoption and expert gaming talent can build true wealth for your gamers and supporters the world will be storming the gates to participate.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:51:28 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 01:59:40 PM by coin@coin

This is a great story and actually very interesting for Spells of Genesis.

See the interview to one of the most addicted Spells of Genesis players, check out the interview below.

http://bitcoinist.net/spells-genesis-grandma-bitcoin-gaming/

Found it on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4by234/spells_of_genesis_meet_the_grandma_who_mastered/

We need moar superfans like her!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 248 »
  Print  

Jump to: