Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37799 times)
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 05:21:48 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 03:00:00 AM by OCTOPARTY

res·ur·rect
ˌrezəˈrekt/
verb

revive the practice, use, or memory of (something); bring new vigor to.

restore (a dead person) to life.

Twitter:
@theoctoparty

Bounties:
Posted when available.

888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888

Be aware that OCTO will be a community asset and is not associated with Octocoin 888 or it’s original developers. We as a community are choosing to leave the original, abandoned blockchain behind to participate in the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain. While we do have leadership in place that is planning the first project for the new asset, you the community will be free to use any available open-source code to build and promote your own projects in the community. However, please understand that certain projects, applications and activities will not be allowed to be promoted on official OCTO forums for legal reasons.

888********OCTO WALL OF FAME*********888

Donators to Website and Block Explorer and BURN Fees
Reward: 75,000 OCTO and OCTOFAME token

Total BTC Raised:
SquidsIn BTC.1
OCTOPARTY BTC.1
FixItDad BTC.1
mafort1469 BTC.901
madmartyk BTC.1998
FoldingCoin BTC.1

Assistance in gaining access to Bittrex Exchange
Reward: OCTOFAME token

cabbage2014
heunland
edynolan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:58:30 AM

I am very excited for this Smiley I think great things can happen for this community by moving over to Counterparty.

It sucks when a dev team abandons a coin to make a quick profit, and hopefully FoldingCoin can help with the revival of OCTO to try and get some lost money back to the holders. We will do everything in our power to help this happen Smiley

(BTW, this community will learn that I absolutely love emojis  Cheesy Grin Wink Smiley Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue Grin )

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:58:05 PM

Can't wait!!!

GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 12:45:10 AM

Ok, would you like me to continuously post the steps to burn 888 here since we cannot access the op?

Probably a better solution than continuously posting burn instructions would be to create a new thread with the burn instructions in the OP of it. Then, as we release the plans for the new OCTO, we can add them into the new thread's OP. I think FrameLAlife's other OCTOPARTY account may be a good username to create a new thread under.

Also, instead of everyone having to email their counterwallet and Octo addresses, we could set up a Mail Chimp account (free) and do a form that includes fields for each address and the amount to be burned to be entered in. Add the form to the front page of the website (really easy with Squarespace) during the burn period. The list from Mail Chimp can be downloaded in CSV format and easily converted to a Google Doc and updated, as needed. This will save time and human error by not having to manually enter each address to the Google Doc by hand.

A new thread has been started by frameLAlife and could be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960933 but for this thread, a continuous posting will be required since we cannot access the OP.

as for the Mail Chimp idea, that is not a bad idea, however could that lead not false inputs from the community? If not, would that be something you could setup so we can see how it works? I like the idea Smiley

Mail Chimp is integrated with Squarespace, so it should not be too hard to set up. I have not used it before, but have used other similar mailing list services and assume that the basic setup is the same as the others... Setup a MailChimp account. Login to MailChimp. Create and name your list. Write an autoresponder email. Build your form. Add the form code to the website.

Having a mailing list would also provide a database of users that could be sent additional info to keep them informed of the burn process and any projects or other happenings associated with OCTO. And... like any list service, if someone decides they do not want to receive more info they can click a link at the bottom of the email to be unsubscribed from future mailings, automatically.

It is a free service up to 2000 subscribers. At some point in the future (if the mailing list was continued past the burn) there may be a need to switch to their paid service. By then there should be some projects completed making positive revenue to pay for any costs associated with maintaining the list.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 02:51:21 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 05:40:48 AM by OCTOPARTY

Honestly though, while there may be other burners show up, we only have a handful of confirmed burners. For now I'ld say lets stick to email.

octocoinburn@gmail.com

Octocoin address
Counterwallet address
Rough estimate of Octocoin to burn

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y60M5mVcWTOWuiFb7InkjnJlx89IN7PduNG1FU3HPFo/pubhtml

So far we only have two listed and one is me.

Squids emailed them about the block explorer. I also sent a follow up email. It said allow for 48 hours for response.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:52:44 AM

Ok, so I think that doing a manual google docs is a bad idea, this community is correct. I have created a google form that should take care of what we need.

Please go here to fill out the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform?usp=send_form

And go here to read the results from the form https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 05:38:23 AM

Looks great. Added to OP. Thanks GW and Robert.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:07:31 AM

Looks great. Added to OP. Thanks GW and Robert.
Hey, go ahead and add the complete steps in the op, here is the code:
Code:
[center][b][size=15pt]888 moving to Counterparty - OCTO[/size][/b][/center]

The Octocoin burn will begin soon. Burn your 888 in exchange for the OCTO Counterparty Asset. We will create 88.8 Million OCTO total but will only distribute the burned 888/OCTO at first. The burn ratio will be 1:1. The burn process will last for 1 month only and a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. When the midnight deadline is announced you can no longer burn your 888 and the only way to acquire OCTO will be to purchase, trade or participate in FoldingCoin’s merged mining and other promotions. We will announce future distribution plans at a later date on the new OCTO bitcointalk.org and letstalkbitcoin.com forums. If you have any questions about the burn, please PM frameLAlife or FoldingCoin on bitcointalk.org.

Be aware that OCTO will be a community asset and is not associated with Octocoin 888 or it’s original developers. We as a community are choosing to leave the original, abandoned blockchain behind to participate in the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain. While we do have leadership in place that is planning the first project for the new asset, you the community will be free to use any available open-source code to build and promote your own projects in the community. However, please understand that certain projects, applications and activities will not be allowed to be promoted on official OCTO forums for legal reasons.

Please refer to the following instructions and follow this process to burn your 888 to the new OCTO Counterparty Asset. [b]PLEASE NOTE: [color=red]Do not send any 888 to the burn address until we have posted the link to the block explorer when it goes live.[/color][/b] The following instructions will be posted to the most recent page until the burn period begins.
[br][list]
[li]Step 1 - 888 Holders please create a Counterwallet with these steps http://foldingcoin.net/counterparty-guides/#wallet[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 2 - Send all your current 888 to a single 888 wallet that you control. If you are going to continue mining, please make sure to mine directly to that address (or if you are using a mining pool, please start to withdrawal to that address)[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 3 - Fill out this google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform?usp=send_form with the following information:[br]
[list]
[li]BTC address from your Counterwallet found in Step 1[br][br][/li]

[li]Your 888 address with all your 888 from Step 2[br][br][/li]

[li]The estimated total amount of 888 in your wallet from Step 2 that you will be burning in exchange for the new OCTO asset on Counterwallet (the estimated amount is for trying to get an understanding of how much 888 is going to be burned)[br][br][/li]

[/list][/li]
[li]Step 4 - DO NOT SEND any 888 to the burn address at this time, but rather you can confirm on this document that your information is correct https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml[br]
[list]
[li]If you do not see your address here or if the information is wrong (such as your 888 address is not the one you wish to associate  with your Counterwallet address) please contact octocoinburn@gmail.com AND rross@foldingcoin.net to resolve this issue and get your accurate address information added.[br][br][/li][/list][/li]

[li]Step 5 - Once the block explorer and the burn address has been verified and working by this community, then a deadline will be announced to send the 888 from your wallet in Step 2 to the burn address to receive the new Counterparty OCTO asset. The deadline will be 1 month after the explorer and the burn address have been announced.[br]
[list]
[li]DO NOT SEND ANY 888 UNTIL THE BLOCK EXPLORER, THE BURN ADDRESS, AND THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED. AWAIT FOR FRAMELALIFE TO CONFIRM THAT THESE FACTORS ARE OFFICIAL AND ESTABLISHED, DO NOT TAKE THE WORD OF ANY OTHER USERNAME AT THIS TIME[br][br][/li][/list][/li]

[li]Step 6 - Once Midnight on the deadline is hit, the 888 block explorer will be captured fully with the accurate information regarding the 888 wallet locations at the exact deadline time (this will then be available to the public to view). You must have sent your 888 to the burn address BEFORE the deadline has been hit. So any amount of 888 created after the burn will not be considered a valid exchange since it will be officially moved over.[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 7 - After the block explorer has been fully captured, then 2 days will pass to allow time for any discrepancies to be established from the Octo community with the amount of OCTO they will receive. During these two days, frameLAlife and FoldingCoin (Kris and Robert) will be uploading a new column to the publically viewable google doc with the exact amount of OCTO each person will receive who sent 888 to the burn address.[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 8 - After the 2 days have passed, then FoldingCoin will create a distribution address and send all the OCTO out to all participants who are partaking in the burn. this community needs to keep in mind, that for every 1 address receiving OCTO it will require 0.00006 BTC (this is not a service fee, but it is the cost of a Counterparty transaction). So If 1,000 people are participating in the burn, then 0.06 BTC will need to be provided to distribute the new OCTO funds.[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 9 - OCTO will become part of the Merged Folding family and you will continue to be able to earn additional OCTO by setting up your computer to partake in folding following this step http://foldingcoin.net/windows-guides/#setup[br]
[list]
[li]The distribution on Merged Folding will need to have the OCTO community decide the following factors:[br][br][/li]

[li]Total amount of OCTO to be distributed on Merged Folding[br][br][/li]

[li]Amount per day to be distributed on Merged Folding[br][br][/li]

[li]If there will be a half life[br][br][/li]

[li]How often to do the distribution (daily, weekly, monthly)[br][br][/li][/list][/li]

[li]Step 10 - Robert Ross will provide complete training to frameLAlife on how counterparty works, securing undistributed OCTO, Merged Folding, and anything else needed[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 11 - Begin to rebuild the features and direction of OCTO[br][br][/li]
[/list]

[center][size=15pt][b]New ANN forum for OCTO on Counterparty can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960933[/b][/size][/center]

FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:08:28 AM

Ok, would you like me to continuously post the steps to burn 888 here since we cannot access the op?

Probably a better solution than continuously posting burn instructions would be to create a new thread with the burn instructions in the OP of it. Then, as we release the plans for the new OCTO, we can add them into the new thread's OP. I think FrameLAlife's other OCTOPARTY account may be a good username to create a new thread under.

Also, instead of everyone having to email their counterwallet and Octo addresses, we could set up a Mail Chimp account (free) and do a form that includes fields for each address and the amount to be burned to be entered in. Add the form to the front page of the website (really easy with Squarespace) during the burn period. The list from Mail Chimp can be downloaded in CSV format and easily converted to a Google Doc and updated, as needed. This will save time and human error by not having to manually enter each address to the Google Doc by hand.

A new thread has been started by frameLAlife and could be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960933 but for this thread, a continuous posting will be required since we cannot access the OP.

as for the Mail Chimp idea, that is not a bad idea, however could that lead not false inputs from the community? If not, would that be something you could setup so we can see how it works? I like the idea Smiley

Mail Chimp is integrated with Squarespace, so it should not be too hard to set up. I have not used it before, but have used other similar mailing list services and assume that the basic setup is the same as the others... Setup a MailChimp account. Login to MailChimp. Create and name your list. Write an autoresponder email. Build your form. Add the form code to the website.

Having a mailing list would also provide a database of users that could be sent additional info to keep them informed of the burn process and any projects or other happenings associated with OCTO. And... like any list service, if someone decides they do not want to receive more info they can click a link at the bottom of the email to be unsubscribed from future mailings, automatically.

It is a free service up to 2000 subscribers. At some point in the future (if the mailing list was continued past the burn) there may be a need to switch to their paid service. By then there should be some projects completed making positive revenue to pay for any costs associated with maintaining the list.

Nice idea, I think google forms is a good alternative to this so I can keep it in my internal file structure still, Thanks Cheesy

SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:48:38 PM

It looks like we have a working Block Explorer! =)

I got an email from BlockExperts saying it was up and running;

http://blockexperts.com/888

It will take a while longer to fully load the block chain and sync up but is looking pretty good.  It still needs paying for but rather than paying for it directly I figured I'd start the donations rolling for the official donations address so it can be paid from there.  So, I sent BTC0.1 (TxId: 3398278d7ede920d13a8bb9ee1e0ee043b22c0219d109407faf5ceb772d8a13b).  We'll need at least one more small donation before we can pay for it (I forgot to add some for the transaction fee).

This explorer should also have a Rich List when it's synched which is something we didn't have before, that will be interesting to see!

/SquidsIn

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 02:50:44 PM

Excellent work Squids.

OP updated. Donate BTC to the address below by Saturday February 28th. Your name will be added to the OCTO Wall of Fame and the 50,000 OCTO Bounty will be split between the donators. As soon as you donate to the address please follow Squids footsteps and post the transaction ID with the amount you sent. If we receive more than 15 unique screen names who have donated .1BTC or more, then I will up the 50,000 OCTO bounty to 100,000. .1BTC x 15 users = 1.5 BTC. All funds will be used to pay for block explorer, website and BTC fees to transfer OCTO out to users during the burn. Any left over BTC will be used to pay out another bounty. I will keep zero BTC after the block explorer, website and transfer of OCTO is complete. The remaining BTC, if any, will be immediately offered in another bounty along with some more OCTO.

Donation Address: 1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd

https://blockchain.info/address/1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 03:22:40 PM

I also sent BTC.1 and added myself to the wall. Who's next!  Grin

dfd9a26e965242ae738647f4dd768041ae03ab3a9c37aa30746a1763a58d2ae7
FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:21:11 PM

It looks like we have a working Block Explorer! =)

I got an email from BlockExperts saying it was up and running;

http://blockexperts.com/888

It will take a while longer to fully load the block chain and sync up but is looking pretty good.  It still needs paying for but rather than paying for it directly I figured I'd start the donations rolling for the official donations address so it can be paid from there.  So, I sent BTC0.1 (TxId: 3398278d7ede920d13a8bb9ee1e0ee043b22c0219d109407faf5ceb772d8a13b).  We'll need at least one more small donation before we can pay for it (I forgot to add some for the transaction fee).

This explorer should also have a Rich List when it's synched which is something we didn't have before, that will be interesting to see!

/SquidsIn

Good job, looks great Cheesy

FixItDad

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:46:22 PM

Sent 0.101 including fee for tx to below address
1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd

will send trx id in morning still pending
BitCoin   1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd   0.10100000 BTC   Yes   2015-02-20 11:40:17
Pending
FixItDad

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:49:40 PM

Sent 0.101 including fee for tx to below address
1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd

will send trx id in morning still pending
BitCoin   1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd   0.10100000 BTC   Yes   2015-02-20 11:40:17
Pending
Is done
Processed   TrxID: 4e4270a0524a10685a28b54b4ae518a1a50a920a50f011ac4843fed2e1008770 @ 2015-02-20 11:46:52
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 05:05:24 PM

Thanks Fixit! Adding you to the wall now and you will receive part of the OCTO payout.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 05:10:59 PM

Ok, So I have a response from the block explorer guys. I will send them .1 to the btc address 1E5LmTsNJN3j6gwQ6RJX2x5Mo5BGX5ETyB as payment for the block explorer today. I'll give it a little more time to make sure it fully syncs.

If anyone sees any issues with the block explorer since we paid for it, please let us know here.
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:05:20 PM

Ok - so say I have 50k 888 coin.  Is this small change?  Not worth messing with for me?

SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:53:44 PM

Ok - so say I have 50k 888 coin.  Is this small change?  Not worth messing with for me?

I guess it really depends where we take OCTO to as community (the CP token, or more importantly the projects underpinning it).

Since we're planning on burning most of 888 then I'd say at the very least, even if you don't get involved in the new projects, it has to be worth burning for OCTO since it has a good chance of having future value whereas your old coins have no current and most likely no future value.

Anyhow, 50k is not a bad little bag (and with a modest amount of Mh/s you can still accumulate whilst we're burning, in fact we need miners to keep transactions moving)

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 06:59:22 PM

Agreed. If you look at it from a price standpoint at $.01 that's still $500. At $1 that's $50,000. I mean at $.0048 which is what Octocoin was around (? verify if you want. total memory here. could be wrong.) that's still $240.

It will all depend on what we do with OCTO but we have some pretty big plans and I'm sure we'll attract some devs and interest from people that can make things happen.

What do you have to lose? The only other option is writing it off as a loss or waiting to see if Bholzer or some other devs come along and do something with the Octocoin blockchain.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: