Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:02:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37799 times)
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 09:56:13 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 11:21:21 PM by OCTOPARTY

Ok, Since I cannot seem to find help for development of a fantasy sports site, I am pushing that one back for a bit. I have had no interest or outrageous requests from potential devs. We cannot afford what they are asking for.

With that being said, I have decided to cancel the ENABLEBTC project and just transfer it to OCTO. It will at least give OCTO a use, it's an easier project to develop, and I have already had some interest in potential website developers. So for now I am interviewing devs about this potential Bitcoin/Bitcoin 2.0 Business Directory.

Now, for some exciting news. If anyone in this community has any idea for any application, website or project, please post it here or contact me via PM. We need to get some projects going to drive use for OCTO.

I'm open to any ideas. If you have a great idea, a dev, a team, or whatever it takes to build, then you can receive OCTO to sell in a swapbot to begin funding. You will also have you project listed on the OCTO website and receive promotion.

Speaking of, I am currently rebuilding the OCTO web page. It's not complete yet but it is live. I will be working on this all week. It does have 728x90 and 300x250 banner ads. Hopefully this will help pay for some of the costs of distribution and development of this first project. We will work with any budget starting out. So if you have a website that you would like to promote on the website message me.

I did receive a reply for the octoplay guys. They won't budge. They want 1.5 BTC up front to add OCTO to the site. I think this would be great to at least have another use but I cannot picture paying 1.5 BTC up front. If you guys want to have this done, then purchase OCTO from the SwapBot and if you guys say to use that first 1.5 BTC for this site I will do it.

You can check out the swapbot here. Remember, since the swap sends the OCTO directly back to your Counterwallet you have to send the BTC from the Counterwallet. You cannot send BTC from a non counterparty wallet, an exchange or coinbase, etc.

http://swapbot.tokenly.com/public/FrameLAlife/1feaa10d-b793-4abb-801d-7b782581faa5#choose

Right now there are 1 million OCTO in the swapbot and it will raise 9 BTC for the current price of 900 satoshis. I may add some more OCTO and lower the price. But I need feedback on how much OCTO we should give up for 9 BTC. which at current prices is about $2500. I think that should be enough to fund the project, pay for some marketing and maybe even get us on OCTOPLAY if you guys wish.

Let me know your thoughts. Please, please, please if you have any ideas for projects and you can get it done, let me know so we can get you some OCTO for sale to fund your project.

This is everybody's chance to step up and do some good for OCTO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:13:27 PM

Whats the real name of this coin? OCTO or OCTOparty? Anyways i see potential in this coin, in fact this is one of few coins i didnt dump from merge mining foldingcoin (most of the merged mined coins are crap).
DragoStefan

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:51:59 PM

I don't know what how much it costs but maybe Viralcoin is an option for marketing. Hope it helps.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:26:37 AM

Whats the real name of this coin? OCTO or OCTOparty? Anyways i see potential in this coin, in fact this is one of few coins i didnt dump from merge mining foldingcoin (most of the merged mined coins are crap).

The name of the token is OCTO... so anything we do will be with OCTO. OCTO is also the FoldingCoin distributed token. I do however own OCTOPARTY Smiley So we will have a use for it in the future as a side token on some project. No commitment to which project yet.

I wish more folders who have earned OCTO would come around. I'm glad you have. It's awesome. I think we have value in that we have a plan, a community, though not too active, distribution long term through folding, enough extra tokens to pay some devs and fund a few different projects possibly.

I do think that it may take longer than I originally expected. I am in contact with a person who is willing to help develop a directory which we can use OCTO on and hopefully give OCTO more value. I was originally planning to do this with a separate token ENABLEBTC and had purchased the domain name enablebtc.com, however, since I did not have very good reception from any dev interviews to build a fantasy sports site. I still really want to do this project eventually and have it be an OCTO project. But I just don't personally have the funds to do this on my own.

If anyone has any idea, anything that they believe will give OCTO some value, bring it forward. We will seriously consider issuing some OCTO and helping crowdsale for this idea.

We will have to have some BTC to do any of these projects. The only way we can really fund and pay for some things such as server hosting, domain names, marketing, paying the devs at least a little BTC, is to raise funds. So please, if you have any inkling to buy OCTO, please do it from the swapbot. We really will need some capital to push any projects to give OCTO value. It may not seem like much, but think about the fact that you are investing BTC into projects that can make the OCTO you already have more valuable. That's one of the things we want to see is a return on buying or folding for OCTO.

Thanks guys! I look forward to hearing from you guys.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:28:32 AM

I don't know what how much it costs but maybe Viralcoin is an option for marketing. Hope it helps.

You mean paying for tweets, etc? I think that's a great idea. However, we just do not have any capital for that. If you guys want to see projects and marketing, such as viralcoin, we will have to invest in OCTO's future.

But yes, in the future, banner ads on bitcoin news sites, and social media marketing, will definitely play a role in pushing OCTO out.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:30:51 AM

I've been thinking lately about the 1.5 BTC for octoplay.net. I really want to do this personally if they would make sure that we are the only CP token that will be on their platform. That would give OCTO some value at least short term.

If you guys hear or see any gaming platform, I think that may be one of the best ways to push OCTO, as we are the gaming token. I will be looking into more gaming sites that do not use CP but use BTC and alts. I think trying to talk them into accepting OCTO and giving us the only CP token status might be a great way to promote OCTO Tongue

Thoughts?
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 02:14:22 AM

I've also added quite a few different tokens you can trade for OCTO at the bot now. So you just don't have to trade BTC now.

http://swapbot.tokenly.com/public/FrameLAlife/1feaa10d-b793-4abb-801d-7b782581faa5#choose
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:26:42 PM

Haha. On a side note, I hope you didn't dump your bitcrystals or FDCARDS from SOG. Those look like they are going to be the most profitable things you can earn on merged mining at this point.

That SOG game is really starting to gain traction.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 04:29:39 PM

let's get that 1.5 BTC to be added to octoplay.net.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 08:59:49 PM

Great news. We officially have someone working on the demo version of the Bitcoin Business Directory. He has experience building a directory and is beginning some code. I will be sending him some info about categories and such. We are really just getting started but it has began.

We have the swapbot up and running. Check it out on LTB.

cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:58:47 PM

Great news. We officially have someone working on the demo version of the Bitcoin Business Directory. He has experience building a directory and is beginning some code. I will be sending him some info about categories and such. We are really just getting started but it has began.

Great to see you've got someone with technical skills helping out, especially after all the effort you've put into this.  I would encourage people to use the swapbot, it works really well with counterwallet. It would be really nice for folders if it took FDLC as well as LTB.

Really like how the new site looks at www.theoctoparty.com .  It looks great, I checked out foldingcoins shop setup from link on your site and was very impressed.  Something similar for OCTO would be great.  It would be really cool to be able to sell things like steam keys etc for OCTO, a marketplace where vendors can sell digital and physical items for various counterparty tokens.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 01:12:09 AM

Great to see you've got someone with technical skills helping out, especially after all the effort you've put into this.  I would encourage people to use the swapbot, it works really well with counterwallet. It would be really nice for folders if it took FDLC as well as LTB.

Really like how the new site looks at www.theoctoparty.com .  It looks great, I checked out foldingcoins shop setup from link on your site and was very impressed.  Something similar for OCTO would be great.  It would be really cool to be able to sell things like steam keys etc for OCTO, a marketplace where vendors can sell digital and physical items for various counterparty tokens.

Thanks Cabbage! Yeah the swapbot accepts both LTBCoin and FLDC, as well as XCP, BTC, GEMZ, SJCX, and WOODSHARES. Want to make it easy for anyone to grab some OCTO. It's a little higher priced than Bittrex, but every bit of it will go towards the first project which in turn should give some value to OCTO and help us all in the end.

I still think people should trade on Bittrex some so we aren't delisted. But, at the same time, with swapbots, people could start to accept OCTO for BTC at a lower rate in hopes that they can trade to another swapbot for a profit.

He is currently building out a demo model. He has requested some graphics from me and I will try to work on them over the weekend. I am actually moving back to Kentucky this weekend. Florida is over now. Time to get back to the real world.

Remember, anyone else who has ideas for OCTO let us know. We could use more projects besides this one.

We also could use swapbot funds or start to sell OCTO on Bittrex to raise the 1.5 BTC to get listed on octoplay. I really wish we had someone that could code some games with Counterwallet and we would only whitelist OCTO to be accepted. I think that would be better.

Thanks for the input Cabbage!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 01:19:26 AM

And please remember guys, OCTO is a long term project. I know it has went really slow. But I'm only one person and I am not a dev.

We have plenty of time to get OCTO where it needs to be. I know it's frustrating to not see a quick turnaround in price. But, I'm not the original Octocoin devs. I'm not in it for a quick buck. I'm not in it to give up or abandon this. I really wish we had more help from people. I wish we had a magical dev interested in building something for OCTO come along and just accept some BTC and OCTO as a payment. They would realize they could profit off the website for whatever they are hosting, and all the community really wants is for OCTO to have value to receive ROI.

So, keep pushing and recruiting guys. If you know anyone that's interested in helping, get them in here and talking with us. No matter how small, we need people to get active in OCTO.

Eventually we are going to need people to help secure OCTO's funding. If you are interested in that and are going to be around OCTO long term, contact me. We need more than just me holding the funds. If I died, got arrested, or anything happened to me, what would happen to the OCTO that hasn't been distributed?

But to do that we need trustworthy people who will be around and not bounce. We need to start discussing this stuff more. I think that the best way to do this is to start doing what foldingcoin does and hold a monthly OCTO meeting on google.

Let me know what you think. I think we need to start getting some people fired up and pushing this forward. I have given up doing the directory on ENABLEBTC so that we can give it to OCTO. I am only running one other project besides this. So I'll be around long term. I have been frustrated lately because it seemed like I could not find any dev that wants to work for a large sum of OCTO and try to give it value. But, if we keep pushing we will find something and someone that will catch on. I hope that the Bitcoin Directory is a great start to that.
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:43:50 PM

Hi OCTO community,

I wrote an article about Folding@Home. I hope it gains some more folders and interest in OCTO also. I thought I should share it here. Smiley

http://us.newsbtc.com/foldinghome-foldingcoin-mining-for-medical-cures-part-1/

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 02:16:55 AM

Hi OCTO community,

I wrote an article about Folding@Home. I hope it gains some more folders and interest in OCTO also. I thought I should share it here. Smiley

nice article. i shared it with Robert from FoldingCoin.
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:27:39 AM

Hi OCTO community,

nice article. i shared it with Robert from FoldingCoin.

Thank you kindly! Smiley

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 03:44:33 AM

I am selling 6 Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4 GB cards & 4 Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 4 GB cards. If you are folding or if you plan to mine Ethereum, these will be great for you. Or if you are looking for a great gaming card, this is the one.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GDDR5-4GB-2xDVI-Graphics-GV-R929XOC-4GD/dp/B00HS866AK

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11226-00-40G/dp/B00HJOKARI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438659711&sr=1-1&keywords=sapphire+tri-x+r9+290x

$300 each or best offer. You will save some money buying these used. They hash great. They only mined about 3 months total. Most were NOT running 24/7 or overclocked while mining. They are still in great shape.

cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:13:06 PM

I am selling 6 Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4 GB cards & 4 Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 4 GB cards. If you are folding or if you plan to mine Ethereum, these will be great for you. Or if you are looking for a great gaming card, this is the one.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GDDR5-4GB-2xDVI-Graphics-GV-R929XOC-4GD/dp/B00HS866AK

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11226-00-40G/dp/B00HJOKARI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438659711&sr=1-1&keywords=sapphire+tri-x+r9+290x

$300 each or best offer. You will save some money buying these used. They hash great. They only mined about 3 months total. Most were NOT running 24/7 or overclocked while mining. They are still in great shape.

Really nice cards, shame your in US.   I'd be interested only for I would get murdered with customs and VAT:(  Still you should have no trouble at all selling those both fantastic gaming cards.

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:25:46 PM

Just bought a R9 290X on Flea-Bay for $220 shipped.  Just an FYI

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 11:58:18 PM

Just bought a R9 290X on Flea-Bay for $220 shipped.  Just an FYI

Sweet. What brand? How much memory?

Also, I put or best offer on these. I priced them below what I saw new on Amazon. But, I realize it may not bring that much.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: