Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:24:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Poll Currently
a
b

Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 194 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs.  (Read 275853 times)
WhiteBeard

Activity: 156
Merit: 102

Bean Cash - More Than a Digital Currency!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 06:19:28 AM

Some of my beans got blocked for sprouting/staking and not available for sending.
Even stoping the staking do not bring them back to balance.

How to force them to get back into balance?

Would the option "Detach databe at shutdown" help

They will become spendable once they have matured for 100 blocks.  The same as mining for bitcoin, mined bitcoins are not spendable until they are matured, sprouted bean blocks are not spendable.
If you plan to spend all or most, stop sprouting, and wait for the 100 blocks (about 100 minutes since the target block time is one/minute).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WhiteBeard

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 06:30:04 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 01:34:35 PM by WhiteBeard

I am running my wallet for a long time now... and until yesterday all was fine.

Yesterday, my PC crashed and it seems to have affected my BITB wallet...

Usually, no big deal. I deleted all files EXCEPT conf file and wallet.dat.

But now, the wallet is unable to connect to the network.

I added from OP extra addnodes (which should not have necessary
as I was always connected before), but THAT DOES NOT HELP.

Would you have an idea what is going on?

Edit: finally, with the new set of addnodes, the wallet connected
and is now syncing...

Just surprise that I don't see a syncing process bar to know
how many blocks are remaining to synch.

Without a bootstrap I guess it will take a while.

Is there a bootstrap file available?

thanks for helping

Check http://bitbean.org/downloads.html.  Scroll down to the bottom.  

You will see Synchronize Your Wallet With the BitBean Blockchain Faster!.

Read this section for full instructions on how to use the snapshot.
The link to the snapshot is small; almost buried in this sentence: "Download this file and save it to the same BitBean folder as the files you kept."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^

plasmodesmata

Activity: 402
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:07:55 PM

I've had a stack of Bitbean for about 3 days, My weight is 98115 and every day says expected time to earn rewards is 1 Day.  Still waiting.  Am I doing something wrong?

My weight is 230600462 I sprout a couple to 6 times a day. you might need to stack some more beans. It helps to deposit in your wallet at 100k increments.

I have 400k beans.  So what would be the optimum stack?  100k per or fewer?

100k is the optimal and most efficient sprouting size,  or so I have heard.

First, @grinmoure, be aware that there is some amount of luck involved, the same as mining.  If you wallet says it is sprouting and has an expected time to rewards, you have done things correctly and your patience will be rewarded.

Second, a greater weight of beans will increase your chance of sprouting.

Third, there has been a lot of speculation about optimum block size for sprouting. It depends on how much of your beans you want to spend to do the optimization. (The lead dev of bean has stated many times that 10 - 15k blocks are a good starting point.)  You should be aware, however, that when unlocked and sprouting the wallet will actually self-optimize the blocks over time.  That is it when a block/transaction sprouts, that block is split into 2 blocks of equal value and 500 beans are added to each block.

The reason that smaller block sizes can influence your potential sprouting rate is that when a block sprouts, it is taken out of your sprouting weight until it matures.
For example, if you have one block of beans in your wallet, and they sprout, your weight drops to zero until the 2 new blocks mature and are then capable of sprouting again.  
On the other hand, if you have divided your 400k beans into 100k bean blocks (as suggested by @plasmodesmata), and a sprout occurs, only 100k beans are taken out of the sprouting weight and 300k remain.  Your weight drops but not to zero.

Thanks for clearing that up. I went into bean control because I thought I needed to break up a 500k block but the largest one in there was only 75k. then there were many blocks under 10k. I collected those up and made them into bigger blocks. I'm guessing they came from sprouts that kept having new beans added to them in light of this new information.
deanlikescomics

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:10:42 PM

I too have trouble sprouting and was about to call it quits for this one I am glad I came to the forum first.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 11:06:54 PM

I think people need to split their beans up into 10k to 20k blocks and then you guys should start sprouting more often. I haven't staked in a couple of days now as the network weight is growing a lot more now as people have been taking their beans off the exchanges to sprout so it will be a little harder to sprout now as more people start to sprout.

In many occasion I heard about that kind of strategy to help with staking / sprouting here....

But I have no clue how to do that.

Could you explain please?

In fact, my understanding after more reading is that anyway, there is
no "coin control" for BITB..

Sad because when we have significant amount of coin
having a manual process by 100 000 increment is a little "fastidious" to say the least ;-)

Bitbean does have coin control you just have to activate it and then from there you can start to split your larger bean blocks into 10k or 20k blocks of beans. Click on settings then options and then click the tab Display and there you will see "Display bean control features (experts only) then once you check the box click apply and your done. Then click on send beans tab click inputs, then list mode and from there you can split your beans into blocks of your choose. Once you select the coins from checking the boxes, click OK and then just send the coins to your own address, remember to allow for the fee to send the coins.

Just one thing to add, when splitting a block, if you enter an address and enter the same address for the change address, and send half the selected amount, you can actually send 2 blocks to that address for one fee.

Yes thanks mate as I forgot to mention that. I just love the BitBean community as we have so many people here now helping the people that need the help. This also helps free up time for the dev team to be able to work on developments instead of answering all these questions.

Remember people like WhiteBeard has said it all comes down to luck when sprouting BitBean or any other POS coin for that matter. But I will say this, the more beans you have staking the better chance you all have at sprouting more beans over the long term.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:10:25 PM

I am running my wallet for a long time now... and until yesterday all was fine.

Yesterday, my PC crashed and it seems to have affected my BITB wallet...

Usually, no big deal. I deleted all files EXCEPT conf file and wallet.dat.

But now, the wallet is unable to connect to the network.

I added from OP extra addnodes (which should not have necessary
as I was always connected before), but THAT DOES NOT HELP.

Would you have an idea what is going on?

Edit: finally, with the new set of addnodes, the wallet connected
and is now syncing...

Just surprise that I don't see a syncing process bar to know
how many blocks are remaining to synch.

Without a bootstrap I guess it will take a while.

Is there a bootstrap file available?

thanks for helping

Check http://bitbean.org/downloads.html.  Scroll down to the bottom.  

You will see Synchronize Your Wallet With the BitBean Blockchain Faster!.

Read this section for full instructions on how to use the snapshot.
The link to the snapshot is small; almost buried in this sentence: "Download this file and save it to the same BitBean folder as the files you kept."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^

thanks for the info.... It was too late to use it this time for me, but will keep it
for next time I need.

appreciate the comment about the snapshot

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Burty

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:39:00 AM

Hi guys new to bitbean and been in cryptocurrency for 2 months made a few losses along the way an hoping my luck will change with btib
Does anyone have a link for a roadmap for btib an is there any upcoming news that I should be aware of
Im a holder an not a trader so flipping coins isn't for me just looking for a decent return in the long term
grinmoure

Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:54:26 AM

The question of generated but not accepted sprouts occurs a lot.  This info might help.

"generated but not accepted" occurs when you generate a block within a short time (seconds) of another node, and they beat you to acceptance by the network by broadcasting through more nodes sooner.  
The best ways to minimize these occurrences is to:
  • increase your sprouting weight
    That is, buy more beans!
  • decrease the latency of your connection.
    If you are using wifi to connect to the network, a hard-wired ethernet connection will improve things.  
    If you have a low connection count, creating a port forward on your router, opening port 22460 for incoming connections will allow you to broadcast your generated block through more nodes at once and increasing the chance of "acceptance" (or integration) of your generated block into the blockchain, especially relative to someone with less connections.

are you saying that increasing the nodes in my config file will increase staking chances?
Altcoinlover

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:21:55 PM

The question of generated but not accepted sprouts occurs a lot.  This info might help.

"generated but not accepted" occurs when you generate a block within a short time (seconds) of another node, and they beat you to acceptance by the network by broadcasting through more nodes sooner.  
    That is, buy more beans!
    If you are using wifi to connect to the network, a hard-wired ethernet connection will improve things.  
    If you have a low connection count, creating a port forward on your router, opening port 22460 for incoming connections will allow you to broadcast your generated block through more nodes at once and increasing the chance of "acceptance" (or integration) of your generated block into the blockchain, especially relative to someone with less connections.

are you saying that increasing the nodes in my config file will increase staking chances?

I don't think there is a link to that.... my understanding is that the conf file is only to get your wallet connected to network.
Otherwise, we would have conf files with hundreds of nodes, right?

Am I correct in my assumption?

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

WhiteBeard

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 04:31:09 PM by WhiteBeard

That is, buy more beans!

I don't think there is a link to that.... my understanding is that the conf file is only to get your wallet connected to network.
Otherwise, we would have conf files with hundreds of nodes, right?

Am I correct in my assumption?

Yes, Altcoinlover, you are correct.

The idea I was trying to impart is to increase actual connections.  

In fact, my conf file has no nodes listed at all!  The seeder DNS makes that unnecessary now, though I will say that having a few addnode= statements might be helpful in speeding up the initial connection process.
The key information I was trying to give is:
  • more beans
  • hard-wired ethernet connection (as opposed to wifi)
  • port forward port 22460

WhiteBeard

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 09:17:24 PM

Hi guys new to bitbean and been in cryptocurrency for 2 months made a few losses along the way an hoping my luck will change with btib
Does anyone have a link for a roadmap for btib an is there any upcoming news that I should be aware of
Im a holder an not a trader so flipping coins isn't for me just looking for a decent return in the long term

Bitbean does not publish long-term roadmaps per se.  We do publish individual 'sprints' with the most recent stuff we are working on.
The current sprint is posted on http://bitbean.org (near the bottom of the page).
You may find recent announcements at http://bitbean.org/news.html or http://www.bitbean.org/forum/
Announcements are also posted here on bitcointalk and at bitcoingarden, but they quickly become buried due to the nature of the forum software and the sheer volume of interactions.

Burty

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:55:46 PM

Bitbean does not publish long-term roadmaps per se.  We do publish individual 'sprints' with the most recent stuff we are working on.
The current sprint is posted on http://bitbean.org (near the bottom of the page).
You may find recent announcements at http://bitbean.org/news.html or http://www.bitbean.org/forum/
Announcements are also posted here on bitcointalk and at bitcoingarden, but they quickly become buried due to the nature of the forum software and the sheer volume of interactions.

Thanks for your reply
Altcoinlover

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:27:27 AM

I think people need to split their beans up into 10k to 20k blocks and then you guys should start sprouting more often. I haven't staked in a couple of days now as the network weight is growing a lot more now as people have been taking their beans off the exchanges to sprout so it will be a little harder to sprout now as more people start to sprout.

In many occasion I heard about that kind of strategy to help with staking / sprouting here....

But I have no clue how to do that.

Could you explain please?

In fact, my understanding after more reading is that anyway, there is
no "coin control" for BITB..

Sad because when we have significant amount of coin
having a manual process by 100 000 increment is a little "fastidious" to say the least ;-)

Bitbean does have coin control you just have to activate it and then from there you can start to split your larger bean blocks into 10k or 20k blocks of beans. Click on settings then options and then click the tab Display and there you will see "Display bean control features (experts only) then once you check the box click apply and your done. Then click on send beans tab click inputs, then list mode and from there you can split your beans into blocks of your choose. Once you select the coins from checking the boxes, click OK and then just send the coins to your own address, remember to allow for the fee to send the coins.

Just one thing to add, when splitting a block, if you enter an address and enter the same address for the change address, and send half the selected amount, you can actually send 2 blocks to that address for one fee.

Yes thanks mate as I forgot to mention that. I just love the BitBean community as we have so many people here now helping the people that need the help. This also helps free up time for the dev team to be able to work on developments instead of answering all these questions.

Remember people like WhiteBeard has said it all comes down to luck when sprouting BitBean or any other POS coin for that matter. But I will say this, the more beans you have staking the better chance you all have at sprouting more beans over the long term.

you are totally accurate about the community....

About staking, this is always a question of number of coins, their age and how much you are able to keep your wallet opened, optimally 24/7

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

cryptoburst61

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:04:25 AM

Hello everyone

Is the new bitcash wallet being released in this month still? I not see any update on the new release for a while now and like to know if it still being released along with the new name change. It will be hard for me to get used to the new name change because I used to bitbean. I hope the new change help the price go over 100 satoshi again.
bittrojan

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:46:06 AM

Is there any big announcement expected from the bitbean devs in the near future?

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
Altcoinlover

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:51:38 PM

Is there any big announcement expected from the bitbean devs in the near future?

here is what was written 2 days ago in a post:
Announcements are also posted here on bitcointalk and at bitcoingarden, but they quickly become buried
due to the nature of the forum software and the sheer volume of interactions.

Did you check there? Those are the most recent anouncements

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

WhiteBeard

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 03:15:24 PM

Hello everyone

Is the new bitcash wallet being released in this month still? I not see any update on the new release for a while now and like to know if it still being released along with the new name change. It will be hard for me to get used to the new name change because I used to bitbean. I hope the new change help the price go over 100 satoshi again.

We are still working on it.  There have been some technical issues (bugs) that have arisen with some of the updates, so we are working to resolve those.  

The name change was added onto the already pending release to minimize any disruption.

We appreciate the communities patience while we sort these issues.  

Once we are fully satisfied with the quality control/testing and resolution of any issues, we will release.  We do think we are getting close...

cryptoburst61

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:24:26 AM

Hello everyone

We are still working on it.  There have been some technical issues (bugs) that have arisen with some of the updates, so we are working to resolve those.  

The name change was added onto the already pending release to minimize any disruption.

Once we are fully satisfied with the quality control/testing and resolution of any issues, we will release.  We do think we are getting close...

thank you for the answer, i will wait patiently for the new developments of this good coin. i hope when this new developments are released the price go back up over 100 satoshi. This is where i think the price should be for a coin like bitbean. it was a good idea to put the name change on the pending list for now because it was starting to cause some confusion with people.
WhiteBeard

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 05:11:19 PM

Hello everyone

thank you for the answer, i will wait patiently for the new developments of this good coin. i hope when this new developments are released the price go back up over 100 satoshi. This is where i think the price should be for a coin like bitbean. it was a good idea to put the name change on the pending list for now because it was starting to cause some confusion with people.

Just to clarify, the name change will occur when the current sprint (the release we are working on now) is completed.  However, the old wallet will still work.  The name change will not affect functionality.  Expect to see the name changing on exchanges, but if you elect to keep your old wallet running for now, it will still work.  That being said, the upcoming release will incorporate changes that improve Bean and make adoption easier.

The name change must occur, because a company called 1 on 1 Development has decided to trademark the name and use it for their company/DBA name.  They have very deep pockets and expensive attorneys, so rather than try to fight them in the courts, which would take a lot of money and a lot of our time away from working on improving the Bean, the Bean Core Board of Directors decided to opt for a name change while trying to maintain our identity to the crypto community.

TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:16:55 PM

Someone trademarked "Bitbean"? That's proves why "intellectual property" and copyright laws are the bane of the free market.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 194 »
  Print  

Jump to: