Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:26:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Poll Currently
a
b

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 194 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs.  (Read 275850 times)
Tastiger

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:09:31 AM

Hi,
I bought some BitBeans to start my wallet off and was breaking them down to blocks of 5000.
All of a sudden the makeup of the coin control tree changed dramatically and I have lost about half my value!
There are no blocks of 5000 showing at all.

Where would the coins have gone? How can I recover? What could I have done wrong to cause this to happen?

T.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:11:47 AM

Hi,
I bought some BitBeans to start my wallet off and was breaking them down to blocks of 5000.
All of a sudden the makeup of the coin control tree changed dramatically and I have lost about half my value!

Where would the coins have gone? How can I recover? What could I have done wrong to cause this to happen?

T.
What is your adress? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2KgmXY3X9zCW6D6Bv6QJxYQMFD7gXHigWQ.htm ?  By the way, 5000 is to small for a good start in my opinion.
Tastiger

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:16:38 AM

Hi, BitBean looks interesting so I thought I would give it a try but I am amazed ho long it is taking the wallet to sync up.

I aborted yesterday in favour of using a snapshot, speaking of which I would have liked to seen one published on the main website but could not fins. But to my surprise, I am still again waiting this morning  a good 12 hours later and at this rate maybe the day to go.

I am on a 100Mb/s connection and wonder about the user friendliness of this for new people starting. Is there an easier way I missed?

Just my 2 bits worth, cheers.

T

Did you use a Snapshot or did you use a Bootstrap.dat file?
Snapshot should have been synced in ~2 or 3 hours max.
Bootstrap.dat can take ~24 hours.

Do you have any Active Connections?
(Click Help and Debug Windows to see # of connections)

I am updating the snapshot to today's date and will post when it is ready.

Cool

Hi Kiklo

It was snapshot I used and plenty of active connections, 24 at the moment.
It did eventually get there late this afternoon my time.

T.
Tastiger

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:22:07 AM

Hi,

T.
What is your adress? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2KgmXY3X9zCW6D6Bv6QJxYQMFD7gXHigWQ.htm ?  By the way, 5000 is to small for a good start in my opinion.

Yes, this is the address, I read somewhere large amounts don't sprout well, and somewhere else a suggestion of between 1000 and 10000.
Really being new I was taking a guess to get started and now have lost a heap of coins :-(

T.
Tastiger

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:31:27 AM

Hi,

T.

Yes, this is the address, I read somewhere large amounts don't sprout well, and somewhere else a suggestion of between 1000 and 10000.
Really being new I was taking a guess to get started and now have lost a heap of coins :-(

T.

This is the address with the original coins https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2EbbxW49oP4LvTrnCSR161AZeMx53oG3bY.htm
I was trying to set them up neatly in the other address.

The balance of the wallet now shows 179414.86463504

T
MemberCount+1

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 10:00:25 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2016, 10:40:06 AM by MemberCount+1

This is the address with the original coins https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2EbbxW49oP4LvTrnCSR161AZeMx53oG3bY.htm

Is your sync process complete? Restart the wallet. No solution? Then backup/copy your wallet.dat file in the path
C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\AppData\Roaming\bitbean
to a other folder or data medium and delete all files and dirs in this folder  except:
BitBean64-qt.exe
peers.dat
bitbean.conf
wallet.dat

Start the wallet and sync  Smiley

with ~200k I would split the Balance in 20-50k packages. But with 200k it is overpace to split the balance  Wink in two or three days you have automaticaly a size of ~25k - ~50k packages

Appendix:
You send the beans from a Exchange (2EbbxW49oP4LvTrnCSR161AZeMx53oG3bY) to your wallet? Which Exchange and have you confirmed all withdrawal-Mails? If your Transfer the coins from one adress into another adress in your own wallet to fast I belive you send the same coins without a confirmation multiple times, restart or resync helps. (double spending)
Tastiger

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:25:02 PM

Is your sync process complete? Restart the wallet. No solution? Then backup/copy your wallet.dat file in the path
to a other folder or data medium and delete all files and dirs in this folder  except:
BitBean64-qt.exe
peers.dat
bitbean.conf
wallet.dat

with ~200k I would split the Balance in 20-50k packages. But with 200k it is overpace to split the balance  Wink in two or three days you have automaticaly a size of ~25k - ~50k packages

Appendix:
You send the beans from a Exchange (2EbbxW49oP4LvTrnCSR161AZeMx53oG3bY) to your wallet? Which Exchange and have you confirmed all withdrawal-Mails? If your Transfer the coins from one adress into another adress in your own wallet to fast I belive you send the same coins without a confirmation multiple times, restart or resync helps. (double spending)

Yes exchange to wallet, Cryptopia. Email was confirmed and balance seen in wallet confirmed.
I think after waiting a couple of days to get wallet synced first time I was too keen and a little too fast about things.
Wallet restart did not work but re-sync did. Fortunately, this time thanks to Kiklo updating the snapshot it was really quick :-) Thanks Kiklo for saving some grief here! :-)
The wallet now shows the right balance - I have gained 3 conflicted transactions in this learning process.

Thanks Membercount+1 for assisting me here :-)

I am not understanding the automatic part but I guess that will come in time.

T.
TeamBean (OP)

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 04:59:41 AM

Hi , What is the recommended size per block to stake properly?
Thanks Smiley
Start with 1/10 "blocksize" of your balance (on same adress), should be ok. Over the time it goes to a size of 1000. there is no optimal blocksize for a start like noblecoins or netcoin, our algo is better. I test these coins months ago for a "long" time and the winner is BitBean  Wink  fair algo, great stake rewards, many nodes, fast network and a minimum of cpu utilization. this are only the technical benefits  Grin

you can stake with a size of 1BitB but it takes a long time but is it not impossible. search in the blockexplorers  Cool

Just a minor point of clarification. You must have at least 1,000 BitBeans in a block for it to be eligible to SPROUT.

We have some Team Bean members with less than 100k Bitbeans that are getting sometimes one or two SPROUTs per week. Small wallets do contribute to the network and can SPROUT! Smiley

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash"  www.beancash.org
Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 05:13:26 AM

Hi , What is the recommended size per block to stake properly?
Thanks Smiley
Start with 1/10 "blocksize" of your balance (on same adress), should be ok. Over the time it goes to a size of 1000. there is no optimal blocksize for a start like noblecoins or netcoin, our algo is better. I test these coins months ago for a "long" time and the winner is BitBean  Wink  fair algo, great stake rewards, many nodes, fast network and a minimum of cpu utilization. this are only the technical benefits  Grin

you can stake with a size of 1BitB but it takes a long time but is it not impossible. search in the blockexplorers  Cool

And let's not forget another benefit of BitBean is it's great community, "Team Bean"  Wink

Very encouraging to read today's posts and see the community working together and helping out new Beaners!!

This is appreciated, as Bean Core is busy working on developments  to improve performance and usability for Bitbean!

Thanks Team Bean!

Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 05:22:52 AM

BitBean64-qt.exe
peers.dat
bitbean.conf
wallet.dat

Appendix:

Yes exchange to wallet, Cryptopia. Email was confirmed and balance seen in wallet confirmed.
I think after waiting a couple of days to get wallet synced first time I was too keen and a little too fast about things.
Wallet restart did not work but re-sync did. Fortunately, this time thanks to Kiklo updating the snapshot it was really quick :-) Thanks Kiklo for saving some grief here! :-)
The wallet now shows the right balance - I have gained 3 conflicted transactions in this learning process.

T.

If you need further assistance, or want to chat in real-time with other Beaners, visit our new Public Chat/Collaboration facility:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org  (Unlike Slack, No Invite is needed, your already invited!  Cheesy )

Welcome to Team Bean!

Tastiger

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 05:40:50 AM

BitBean64-qt.exe
peers.dat
bitbean.conf
wallet.dat

Appendix:

T.

If you need further assistance, or want to chat in real-time with other Beaners, visit our new Public Chat/Collaboration facility:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org  (Unlike Slack, No Invite is needed, your already invited!  Cheesy )

Welcome to Team Bean!

Cool, seems like a great, well-developed community you have here  Smiley
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 12:36:04 AM

Sorry, what does it mean regarding the desktop wallet???

Do we need to upgrade or do something special?Huh

Also, please, what is the link for the support chat???

thanks for your answers

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

tomahawkeer

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:52:02 AM

Is there a splitblock feature, similar to what HyperStake has (split 1 block into X amount of blocks) ?

It sucks if you have to split up a bunch of coins (1 milion or so ) into 10k coin blocks one at a time.
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 04:10:55 AM

I really need help ;-)

Is it normal that I chat on the support group
and each time when I come back to see if I get a response,
all my messages have disappeared.

I used the support successfully in the past....

This is ths 4th time I come back to the chat, and all is always blank
when I sent messages to explain my issue with my wallet....

Please, can you tell how to get support with a wallet...

I closed it normally to restart my computer, and now, when I want to restart the wallet
I get the error message: error loading the blkindex.dat....

I deleted all files in the roaming folder EXCEPT the wallet.dat and the .conf file
and it does not help.

The wallet was working fine and stacking nicelly until the time I closed it.

Thanks for helping

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 05:46:27 AM

Since you already deleted the blockchain files.
Install the snapshot and see if that fixes your problem.
ACTIVE Wallet:Install Instructions

FYI:
I see you have also had similar issues with white coin.
Be Sure you have backups of your wallets to another storage device, another flash drive or hard drive , (In case your hard drive is going bad.)
Run a hardware diags on your Memory & Hard drive.
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 10:19:42 AM

Is there a splitblock feature, similar to what HyperStake has (split 1 block into X amount of blocks) ?

It sucks if you have to split up a bunch of coins (1 milion or so ) into 10k coin blocks one at a time.

This will be implemented in a future release.

http://www.bitbean.org/forum/what-would-you-like-to-see-in-the-bitbean-wallet

TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 10:22:47 AM

I really need help ;-)

Is it normal that I chat on the support group
and each time when I come back to see if I get a response,
all my messages have disappeared.

I used the support successfully in the past....

This is ths 4th time I come back to the chat, and all is always blank
when I sent messages to explain my issue with my wallet....

Please, can you tell how to get support with a wallet...

I closed it normally to restart my computer, and now, when I want to restart the wallet
I get the error message: error loading the blkindex.dat....

I deleted all files in the roaming folder EXCEPT the wallet.dat and the .conf file
and it does not help.

The wallet was working fine and stacking nicelly until the time I closed it.

Thanks for helping

Glad we could get your wallet syncing and connecting again. Please feel free to drop back in our live chat if you need further assistance.

tomahawkeer

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:32:34 AM

This will be implemented in a future release.

http://www.bitbean.org/forum/what-would-you-like-to-see-in-the-bitbean-wallet

Good, its a pain splitting this up Undecided
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 05:11:33 PM

New 3D Logo Concept

MemberCount+1

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:45:59 PM

Not bad. a little bit dazzling brilliant this green, but why not  Wink the gold 3D effect is great!
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 194 »
  Print  

Jump to: