Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:08:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Poll Currently
a
b

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 194 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs.  (Read 275850 times)
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:52:08 PM

I think we have a problem, with such Progress, bitbean has no chance against other coins, this is very bad, many sell pressure in the next weeks are incoming. dec 2015 was the first release date for v1.2 and now we have 2016 and not even v1.1.2, only some commits on github.  Sad Are all developer still in the team?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skyline_king

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 10:36:52 AM

I think we have a problem, with such Progress, bitbean has no chance against other coins, this is very bad, many sell pressure in the next weeks are incoming. dec 2015 was the first release date for v1.2 and now we have 2016 and not even v1.1.2, only some commits on github.  Sad Are all developer still in the team?

I have been noticing there has been no new updates no real news for bitb, would bw nice to see some updates on this coin.. the price is stable at 8-11 sats but I feel if the team was to do some updates or an up to date road map maybe it could see a raise back to 20 sats even..  only time will tell but starting to loss some faith I this coin
TeamBean (OP)

Activity: 435

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 07:57:23 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 06:22:20 AM by TeamBean

I would like to point out, that all members of Bean Core and Team Bean are volunteers. No one is forced to donate time or resources to help this project move forward. We have a very small trickle of donations, almost all are from 1/3 of Bean Core members. And we have not even been enforcing new Bean Core v2.0 requirements (http://www.bitbean.org/beancore.html).

The massive donations to Team Bean in the last few months, can be viewed here.
(Most all, 99% of donations come from Bean Core members.)

Bitbean had no IPO, ICO, or Pre-mine,  but what it did have is an initial "developer" that effectively ninja-mined BitBean in a few days and then dumped on the market. BitBean source needs a lot of work to get it to the level of Bitcoin. There is an important reason for this, which I will not reveal at this time. If you are seriously interested in the future of Bitbean, where it is, where we are going and the challenges ahead, you should join our live video conference on October 19th. at 3PM EST (You can join our live chat:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org to get details to join the conference at 2:45pm EST.)

The Conference will cover:

• BitBean History, What is it and What is the Mission for BitBean? (What are the problems we can solve?)
  • Where Are We At, And Where Do We Want to Take BitBean?
  • How You Can Help the Mission for BitBean
  • Live Q&A

I have no massive pre-mine of BitBean like other "coin" developers have of their coin to work with. Most all the BitBean I have are from my own investment (none were mined..most all bought on the market between 9-80 Satoshi). We took over BitBean, a project that was designed to be a pump & dump, and fail into the grave-yard of crypto history. We have kept BitBean alive and prospering for going on, soon to be...2 years! What percentage of "coins" last this long and have an active development? Myself and a few other Bean Core members have been exclusively paying the bills for hosting, promotions, and continued development work....and volunteering time for development when we are able.  I'm not convinced this model of donations and volunteers is working. I'll propose a possible solution during the on-line conference.

If your currently un-happy with the pace that BitBean is at right now, please dump some cheap BitBean on the market...I'ld love to buy a few million at 5 Satoshi!  Grin (Sure would be a better price than the few hundred thousand I bought at over 80 Satoshi!)

Or, if your serious about BitBean's future, show your support by joining for more than a few minutes, and contribute some discussion at our live chat/collaboration facility:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org

Or, if your a serious long-term investor and want to participate in the direction of BitBean, you should be a Bean Core member and actively involved and participating:  http://www.bitbean.org/beancore.html

If your a Bean Core member, you should be active and involved. Lurking in IRC doesn't qualify as "active". I'm not going to chase members down asking for donations and to get active. Those who care will be adults and act on their own initiative. Then there are some in our team who have been dealing with real tragedies and challenges, this is understandable, and compassion and understanding are core values for Beaners.

If your a speculator in BitBean, please dump a lot of BitBean really cheap!

I salute the few who make donations regularly, remain active, supporting our work in Bean Core, and also those making positive contributions to the BitBean ecosystem. You know who you are!  Grin

And this is pretty significant, how many of you have supported our newest Merchant who partnered with us to do an exclusive promotion with BitBean during September?

Best Regards,

Shawn Kent
Project Manager & Lead Developer
Bean Core, Team Bean, BitBean
"BitBean, Fast..Simple..Secure..More Than Just a Digital Currency!"
www.bitbean.org

BITBEAN REAL WORLD USAGE

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash"  www.beancash.org
Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
MemberCount+1

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 04:10:48 PM

Why so many words, I interpret this as stresses in the team ...

Only reference points in a roadmap are ok, but such a big difference? I understand, in other words, no new version in the next time. But it should not be surprised, nobody donate if no progress. If the top ten adresses (own >1% rules)are in the core team, why not sell these members only her stake coins to support their own devs? I'm confused ...
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 07:45:06 PM

Why so many words, I interpret this as stresses in the team ...

Only reference points in a roadmap are ok, but such a big difference? I understand, in other words, no new version in the next time. But it should not be surprised, nobody donate if no progress. If the top ten adresses (own >1% rules)are in the core team, why not sell these members only her stake coins to support their own devs? I'm confused ...

...with many words comes a lot of emotion and personal attachment...I should be getting a few hrs. rest, but can't sleep because of what is on my mind...

I'm an oddball...buy I actually care about the projects I'm involved in and the people I work with and affect. At the end of the day, I often find myself short on time and energy..but at this moment my spirit is alive...

With the last release of v1.1.0.0RC, price of BitBean plummeted and donations were no different. Seems simple to me, there are many just using BitBean to speculate, SPROUT to get BTC and not interested in the long-term interest of Bitbean, unlike many in Bean Core who are in the top 10 addresses. Most of those in the top 10 addresses care about Bitbean long-term and have a vested interest in it's success, as they have invested real value into it. (One of my real impetuous to see BitBean succeed, is to turn the tide in the sea of Crypto scams out there, and demonstrate that BitBean is not going to be another Scam, we can be different and provide real value and innovation in the crypto space! This is certainly no small challenge!)   This is why most in top 10 don't want to sell "Stakes" (We prefer to call them "Sprouts", to differentiate Bitbean in the market.) On the other hand, it is significant to note that BitBean has one of the strongest PoS networks, with conistently over 65% and often higher rates of current BitBean supply actively SPROUTing and supporting the network:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/#!extraction

Many of those in Bean Core know the value of BitBean and where we're taking it in the future (the upcoming conference will hopefully help to dispell and share some of those plans and vision with the broader "community"), so logically most don't want to sell their SPROUTs to the market, at the current absurdly dirt cheap prices under 10 Satoshi! Heck...I don't want to sell my SPROUTs under 100 Satoshi! Sometimes I have to sell some to off-set expenses for BitBean. All it takes is a modest investment of $100,000 USD by investors and BitBean price will be over 1,000 Satoshis and then our developers can afford to spend development time on Bitbean and compensate themselves with their Sprouts! That is the minimum to move BitBean forward and compete in the current crypto environment space.  Someone buying $ .50 worth of BitBean and complaining why their not getting any SPROUTS gives me the chuckles! With the amount of investment of money I have put into BitBean, my sprouting yields me about $10 worth of BitBean on a good day...(still much better than putting money in a Bank or investing in Bitcoin mining hardware & electicity) that gives you an idea of how absurd the price of BitBean is right now. Personally, it's pretty tough to allocate more time to BitBean development while I have a family to care for and provide for. Most of us are in this position. This is why the current donation and volunteer model, even with significant SPROUTs, is not enough to sustain "acceptable progress of development in the fast moving crypto space". I believe this is why there are so many scam coins..speculators cashing out for quick high returns and developers trying to get a return on their time, but for sure, many of them are real scammers and could careless who suffers from their high gain..and surely they don't care about mass adoption of digital currencies.

Those in the top 10 addresses in BitBean...rightly deserve it, as we have put real money into BitBean and many of us, uncompensated time and work on the project. Those selling under 100 Satoshi are only self-interested speculators looking to make a couple dollars quick profit, and have no real concern for BitBean, only for what BTC they can get.

Bean Core has some solid people of integrity involved, that I'm proud to work with. We're all at different levels in our maturity and development. Much like a family, there are sometimes differences of personality that rub each other the wrong way, but we move beyond that and consider what binds us together, and remember what our core values are. We all make mistakes and have challenges from time to time, but we should always remember:  "Beaners stick together!"

So go ahead, if you guys want to trash talk BitBean and those putting their few precious bits of time and money into...go ahead, trash talk it and dump the price of BitBean down to 1 Satoshi...my bags are not even close to full!  The price of 10 Satoshi is just as pathetic a value as 1 Satoshi as far as I'm concerned, but hey..I love nearly free BitBean!

Either way, Bean Core and BitBean moves forward and Bean Core and Team Bean will be here celebrating the release of v1.1.2 and v1.2 when they are ready. (v1.1.2 despite it's versioning, is becoming a considerably bigger release out of necessity...there is a bigger foundation that needs to be laid before we move on to v1.2. Bitbean has a large codebase, and it has taken time to delve into the code to assess its condition.)

And we'll be here next year and whenever v2.0 is ready for release. And we'll be here in 5 years as well, when most all the pump and dump coins are just a faint memory in the crypto grave yard!

Thanks for putting up with more of my ramblings...

Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
MemberCount+1

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 07:50:47 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2016, 12:55:56 PM by MemberCount+1

I sold in the last weeks my bitbeans to get plus/minus null from my investment 14 months ago (hold all the time but thx to the rise on bitcoin), now I hold only the rest of the rewards. So I can't loose anymore and there is no risk for me in BitBean  Smiley

By the way I asked you if I can help you with development (without a membership) but your answere was "all ok, new Version is in processing" 2 months ago Smiley  I have no aversion against BitBean but some people invest in coins based of withpaper or roadmaps. I'm a Software engineer too and I know how hard it is to reach the own milestones but if I realized the timeline is to hard for me I say it. Nobody has a problem if the next version published in 2017 or later, it is ok for volunteer but do write a realistic target in your next roadmaps.

if you write this:
...Cost to mine Bitbean during initial PoW distribution was about 9 Satoshi. A good target is 10-12. The recent P&Ders sold down to 12.
and now this
... at the current absurdly dirt cheap prices under 10 Satoshi! Heck...  
it is the same topic. 8..9..10..11 it's all the same level, at first it's a "good target" and now "absurdly dirt cheap"? Come on, people read such statements.

Of course, I continue to support your coin, this was never the question. Now I can only win, not so much, but without risk.

A lot of emotion are not so good in the cryptoland  Wink

But a other topic, is there a bug in the protocol? You say, staking with less than 1000 are not possible, but I found (a lot of) transactions under 1000 and other mystic things.
Just a minor point of clarification. You must have at least 1,000 BitBeans in a block for it to be eligible to SPROUT.

Why not split this sprouts?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/block.dws?911342.htm
Sprouting under 1000?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/block.dws?929742.htm
Why sprouting with 999.99?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2P8z6kjwgGN2ww6g7hMBq7qWLDgqYF7Ytd.htm

your partner techniumunlimited is always offline this not the best advertising. I would buy something but for central europe it make no sense with high costs and without shipping support.  Sad
zequinha

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 11:08:55 PM

your partner techniumunlimited is always offline this not the best advertising. I would buy something but for central europe it make no sense with high costs and without shipping support.  Sad

Technium Unlimited was introduced to BitBean ecosystem by me, sadly the owner (Ryan Carlow) isn't responding to my messages, so at this point I don't know what really happened Shocked
If we check @ https://twitter.com/TechniumUnltd/status/782804089759408128 and by my knowledge (the site was working the whole month) he honored the partnership.
I still believe that we need a more real world usage not only to the BitBean but for all crypto currencies in general, so I'll try to bring this kind of initiatives and improve it if I can.

I want to thank all of you that are actively working for a better crypto world Wink

Best Regards,
Zequinha
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 02:16:43 PM

I sold in the last weeks my bitbeans to get plus/minus null from my investment 14 months ago (hold all the time but thx to the rise on bitcoin), now I hold only the rest of the rewards. So I can't loose anymore and there is no risk for me in BitBean  Smiley

By the way I asked you if I can help you with development (without a membership) but your answere was "all ok, new Version is in processing" 2 months ago Smiley  I have no aversion against BitBean but some people invest in coins based of withpaper or roadmaps. I'm a Software engineer too and I know how hard it is to reach the own milestones but if I realized the timeline is to hard for me I say it. Nobody has a problem if the next version published in 2017 or later, it is ok for volunteer but do write a realistic target in your next roadmaps.

if you write this:
...Cost to mine Bitbean during initial PoW distribution was about 9 Satoshi. A good target is 10-12. The recent P&Ders sold down to 12.
and now this
... at the current absurdly dirt cheap prices under 10 Satoshi! Heck...  
it is the same topic. 8..9..10..11 it's all the same level, at first it's a "good target" and now "absurdly dirt cheap"? Come on, people read such statements.

Of course, I continue to support your coin, this was never the question. Now I can only win, not so much, but without risk.

A lot of emotion are not so good in the cryptoland  Wink

For the record, in private conversation back on August 5th., you were offered a membership in Bean Core:

If you would be interested in being a Intern Bean Core member, please forward me details of your Bitbean address to:  admin@bitbean.org

Intern Bean Core membership would allow you to participate in some aspects of Bean Core without needing to meet the full 1% of Bitbean supply. I would still need to seek approval by the executive board, but based on discussions so far, I don't think that would be a problem.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your continued support of Bitbean!

Warm Regards,

Shawn Kent
Director of Operations, Project Manager, Lead Developer
Bean Core, Team Bean, BitBean
www.bitbean.org
"Bitbean, Fast..Simple...Secure!"

But a other topic, is there a bug in the protocol? You say, staking with less than 1000 are not possible, but I found (a lot of) transactions under 1000 and other mystic things.
Just a minor point of clarification. You must have at least 1,000 BitBeans in a block for it to be eligible to SPROUT.

Why not split this sprouts?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/block.dws?911342.htm
Sprouting under 1000?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/block.dws?929742.htm
Why sprouting with 999.99?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2P8z6kjwgGN2ww6g7hMBq7qWLDgqYF7Ytd.htm

Techniumunlimited subject was already addressed by Zequinha.

The corner case examples you gave are being investigated. There are other fixes and improvements being worked on for v1.1.2 as well. We will no longer issue any further Public RoadMaps as we switch to a Project Management system. With the new system, BitBean "investors" who are members of Bean Core, will be able to see current progress along with details of development plans. New developments will then be made public when they are ready and released.

tomahawkeer

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 02:06:20 PM

I am still a supporter of Bitbeans. Currently, I run a staking asset, that is based around assets within BURST coin, and BITB is currently our largest coin, both in total coins, and value in BTC. The wallet is currently just over 21 million coins. 80% of stakes earned from this wallet, are sold monthly and paid to investors in dividends, 15% of stakes remain in the wallet to continue to grow the wallet and staking possibilities for the asset(s). Needless to say, there are people that are invested in this coin, and definitely want to see it continue to grow.
TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 01:43:49 AM

I am still a supporter of Bitbeans. Currently, I run a staking asset, that is based around assets within BURST coin, and BITB is currently our largest coin, both in total coins, and value in BTC. The wallet is currently just over 21 million coins. 80% of stakes earned from this wallet, are sold monthly and paid to investors in dividends, 15% of stakes remain in the wallet to continue to grow the wallet and staking possibilities for the asset(s). Needless to say, there are people that are invested in this coin, and definitely want to see it continue to grow.

We appreciate your continued support of BitBean. If you would like to represent the asset holders of BitBean, within Bean Core, you should apply for membership:  http://www.bitbean.org/beancore.html

You can reach me via email:  admin@bitbean.org or via our Live Chat:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org

TeamBean (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 02:12:29 PM

We are in need of volunteers that could lurk in our Live Chat and help new users out:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org

Sometimes I need to sleep, and can't always be present there to help users that come in looking for help.

tomahawkeer

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:31:10 PM

We appreciate your continued support of BitBean. If you would like to represent the asset holders of BitBean, within Bean Core, you should apply for membership:  http://www.bitbean.org/beancore.html

You can reach me via email:  admin@bitbean.org or via our Live Chat:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org

I have actually considered that on a few occasions, however, currently I am a little too busy to be able to warrant much more time towards it at the moment. I am, however, getting a few things lined up, and once I get a little more situated as to what I want to do with them, I will again look into joining as I am very interested in the project.
skyline_king

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 12:25:02 AM

For all who might be interested... BTCPOP.co is not staking coins as a staking pool.

They have started staking about 3 days ago the have staked 8k bitb..

If your not a member they offer more then staking.
2012revisited

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 08:42:41 PM

For all who might be interested... BTCPOP.co is not staking coins as a staking pool.

Has anyone tried these guys out?

cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:07:45 PM

I'm on pop by more than a year and a half, and from when some months ago site gone under a new ownership, a lot of bug fixed, and now on the right path to do good, the CEO made public the BTC address for the cold storage, and everyone can verify that there are the money, site is growing a lot of opportunity in it. Coins are safe, not on the web server, as an other security measure. For me is trustable.

skyline_king

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:02:38 AM

I'm on pop by more than a year and a half, and from when some months ago site gone under a new ownership, a lot of bug fixed, and now on the right path to do good, the CEO made public the BTC address for the cold storage, and everyone can verify that there are the money, site is growing a lot of opportunity in it. Coins are safe, not on the web server, as an other security measure. For me is trustable.

Yes they are now very trusting the admin is great and has done alot for the site and users.
horek

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 12:41:18 PM

Hi. I have a problem with my bitbean wallet: blkindex.dat. What I have to do? Because I don't have access to my wallet
Gazzatron

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:35:10 PM

Hi. I have a problem with my bitbean wallet: blkindex.dat. What I have to do? Because I don't have access to my wallet

Seems your wallet did not closed properly. If a restart of the wallet will not work then you need to re-sync again.
Save your wallet.dat and delete the rest of the files in the BitBean directory.

This can be speeded up by loading into this directory a copy of the blockchain available on the web.

Always backup your wallet regularly and the whole bitbean directory (when the wallet is not running)
if you have the disk space.

Gazzatron

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:38:14 PM

Here is a link to a bitbean boot strap https://mega.nz/#F!CJRnyDDL!vbYN-3mvj9RBE7Phl27Sjg

Maybe there are some more up to date ones available, this one I found from a quick scan of this
thread.

komutanlogar

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:49:15 PM

I bought some of these beans just because the logo made me actually LOL but I have a problem with the wallet sync it just won't sync up properly. I have checked my computer clock and the block explorer and my wallet is at the current block but it still says out of sync.

help would be appreciated.

Are you using the latest version?  (you should be able to sync without needing to add nodes, unless your using the old BitBean-qt):  http://www.bitbean.org/downloads.html

If you need assistance, we have a live chat facility:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org

Or you may get assistance directly also in our IRC channel:  http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#teambean

Also there is a 24/7 Live assistance facility on our website main page:  http://www.bitbean.org

hi I downloaded the wallet but the wallet does not work can ..Could you help
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 194 »
  Print  

Jump to: