Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916268 times)
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:04:18 PM

Thanks ThickAsThieves, LazyOtto, SebastianJu and Tachikoma.

Looks like it's a bit complicated, I will give it a read.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 04:05:20 PM

Any pointers on where to trade shares?

The shares on the exchanges are Passthroughs only. You can buy real shares in the thread mentioned. There is some way to buy or sell real shares with the passthroughs somehow but you have to check how it works and if. I only bought shares and for that the prices in the thread are better than the prices at the exchanges.

At BF you can buy shares and get them out the passthrough if you have 250 of them.

I believe i read you can sell real shares at one or both of the passthroughs too. If thats true then selling your real asicminer shares at the exchange would bring the most money. When buying real shares it would be best to got to the unified orderbook thread.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:50:59 PM

I believe i read you can sell real shares at one or both of the passthroughs too. If thats true then selling your real asicminer shares at the exchange would bring the most money. When buying real shares it would be best to got to the unified orderbook thread.

I recently moved some of my shares to BitFunder's G.ASICMINER-PT and since there is some interest on this topic I'll try to help clarifying.

Process is like follows:
  • create a BitFunder account (ensure to enable 2FA)
  • request transfer of your ASICMINER shares to DeaDTerra's address 1Ep3QFm5uqfoqPMG4HKq6yauMhdtyQTAsG (CC your transfer request to g.asicminer.pt@gmail.com)
  • as soon as friedcat confirms transfer, the equivalent amount of G.ASICMINER-PT are transferred to your BitFunder account
  • when dividends are paid, DeaDTerra will forward the full amount to your account (no fees, earnings are equivalent to holding ASICMINER shares)
  • if for any reason you want your ASICMINER shares back, you send G.ASICMINER-PT shares in blocks of 250 to DeaDTerra and he transfers the equivalent amount of ASICMINER shares back to you

I can recommend this PT to anybody who wishes to trade for several reasons, namely
  • it costs you nothing
  • DeaDTerra is a highly reputable and trustworthy community member and fund manager
  • Ukto is equally serious, plus technically highly versed and very security aware

Disclaimer: this is my personal view only and in no way a statement of preference of G.ASICMINER-PT over burnside's PT. I ended at BitFunder mostly because I had already an existing account there.

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:22:46 PM

I recently moved some of my shares to BitFunder's G.ASICMINER-PT and since there is some interest on this topic I'll try to help clarifying.

Process is like follows:
  • create a BitFunder account (ensure to enable 2FA)
  • request transfer of your ASICMINER shares to DeaDTerra's address 1Ep3QFm5uqfoqPMG4HKq6yauMhdtyQTAsG (CC your transfer request to g.asicminer.pt@gmail.com)
  • as soon as friedcat confirms transfer, the equivalent amount of G.ASICMINER-PT are transferred to your BitFunder account
  • when dividends are paid, DeaDTerra will forward the full amount to your account (no fees, earnings are equivalent to holding ASICMINER shares)
  • if for any reason you want your ASICMINER shares back, you send G.ASICMINER-PT shares in blocks of 250 to DeaDTerra and he transfers the equivalent amount of ASICMINER shares back to you

I can recommend this PT to anybody who wishes to trade for several reasons, namely
  • it costs you nothing
  • DeaDTerra is a highly reputable and trustworthy community member and fund manager
  • Ukto is equally serious, plus technically highly versed and very security aware
Disclaimer: this is my personal view only and in no way a statement of preference of G.ASICMINER-PT over burnside's PT. I ended at BitFunder mostly because I had already an existing account there.

Great summary, thank you. I still have my shares with friedcat, but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this soon too. DT and Ukyo have been great with my all my other requests so far. Hard to beat that they aren't taking any extra fees too!
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 07:41:34 PM

Great summary, thank you. I still have my shares with friedcat, but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this soon too. DT and Ukyo have been great with my all my other requests so far. Hard to beat that they aren't taking any extra fees too!

Only in case you didnt notice... when you move all your asicminer shares to bitfunder then you own other shares, not real asicminer shares anymore. And you can only move this back in batches of 250 shares. So even though deadterra is highly trustworthy its still another layer of insecurity because you dont have a contract with friedcat anymore but deadterra has a contract with friedcat and you have a contract with deadterra.
Only wanted to mention because risks in bitcoin world are... um... something... And this doesnt mean that i dont trust deadterra... i hope everyone knows what i mean. Smiley

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:52:27 PM

Only in case you didnt notice... when you move all your asicminer shares to bitfunder then you own other shares, not real asicminer shares anymore. And you can only move this back in batches of 250 shares. So even though deadterra is highly trustworthy its still another layer of insecurity because you dont have a contract with friedcat anymore but deadterra has a contract with friedcat and you have a contract with deadterra.
Only wanted to mention because risks in bitcoin world are... um... something... And this doesnt mean that i dont trust deadterra... i hope everyone knows what i mean. Smiley
It's not in batches of 250 but a minimum of 250, which I have put in place to remove strain from Friedcat Smiley
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DeaDTerra
It's indeed a additional layer of risk, but as several people have stated my past is clean and I have dealt with sums up to 15k BTC (when my fund was the biggest) and PTs are nothing new to me.
//DeaDTerra
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 08:09:05 PM

It's not in batches of 250 but a minimum of 250, which I have put in place to remove strain from Friedcat Smiley
It's indeed a additional layer of risk, but as several people have stated my past is clean and I have dealt with sums up to 15k BTC (when my fund was the biggest) and PTs are nothing new to me.
//DeaDTerra
[/quote]

Ok, then its only the minimum. Like i said, i trust you judging from your past actions. Its only... nefario, diablo and other persons were trusted too and for some reason at the end they wasnt the best financial experts. I think you showed already that you can do it. Only like i said... the additional layer is it that i wanted to point out. No harm meant. I suggest you at least for selling shares because its a higher price then the thread price. But i think you understand my reason. Smiley

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:48:57 AM

//DeaDTerra

Ok, then its only the minimum. Like i said, i trust you judging from your past actions. Its only... nefario, diablo and other persons were trusted too and for some reason at the end they wasnt the best financial experts. I think you showed already that you can do it. Only like i said... the additional layer is it that i wanted to point out. No harm meant. I suggest you at least for selling shares because its a higher price then the thread price. But i think you understand my reason. Smiley
[/quote]

I haven't been following this thread for long and it would be quite a read. So help me out... is there or will there any way to trade ASICminer shares so that you have the contract with ASICminer directly?

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 12:54:17 AM

//DeaDTerra

I haven't been following this thread for long and it would be quite a read. So help me out... is there or will there any way to trade ASICminer shares so that you have the contract with ASICminer directly?
[/quote]

Yes, of course. You can use the orderbook thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148282.new;topicseen#new but you have to follow the rules. You can buy starting from 50 shares.

And you can buy Asicminer-Passthroughs from deadterra through this exchange: https://bitfunder.com/asset/G.ASICMINER-PT#pane_tradehistory Once you have 250 shares or more you can ask deadterra to transfer the real asicminer shares to yourself and you give the asicminer-passthrough-shares back to deadterra.

stenkross

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:43:17 AM

Hi,

I' a BTC newbie who spent last 4-5 hours reading through 132 pages of discussions.  Shocked
A big congrats to you who bought the IPO, and applause to friedcat who has done a splendid job with this Company.

A part of me feels like the train has already left the station, and if you want on board, you get to pay an hefty price, while a part of the reward (the dividends) is just about to be lowered.
Another part is saying that I am in this for the long run. I am not interested in getting my Money back in a couple months, I want to invest in what I believe can be a real success in the future. And Reading friedcat's weekly statements, and the level of professionalism he is delivering is surely giving a lot of confidence.

I am thinking of investing in ASICMINER, and I just want to confirm that I have understood this correctly:

- Share prices of IPO was 0.1 BTC / share, now they are ~0.8 BTC, so the value have already grown by roughly 8 times?
- Dividends has so far been about BTC0.02 - BTC0.025 / share / week, but it will be cut in half by next week, giving more revenue to the Company.
  I am guessing this will go to future investments expanding the rigs and for future sales of ASIC's? Also perhaps a swimming pool for friedcat, well earned if I might say so.
- So far there have been alot of discussions regarding ASICMINER's hashing power, and rewards from that. But I have not seen much about future sale of ASIC rigs.
  Is not that also a relevant thing to take into consideration when trying to find the value of a share?

Thanx to you all for giving me an interesing read this morning! Smiley
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:44:48 AM

//DeaDTerra

[/quote]
Of course Smiley
No offense taken.
Shit can happen, and there's always a risk when involving another layer of control.
//DeaDTerra
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 02:18:33 PM

A small increase in hashpower at BTCGuild-- 6487 GH/s.  This may not seem like much, but it's a preliminary indicator that friedcat may have fixed the network problems!  It might keep growing Grin

(BFL)^2 < 0
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:11:19 PM

Did anyone just get confirmation satoshis? It's not Wednesday  Shocked
alpet
Legendary

Activity: 1912
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 04:14:42 PM

Shares count confirmation payment received, previous was 20 march. But now is sunday. First halved dividends today?
[edited]
Dividends received 0.00750846 per share.

Novacoin we trust!
https://svcpool.io - PoS cтeйкинг и oбмeнник NVC/BTC.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:15:44 PM

Update

Status
This week's dividends will be paid twice. The first is to pay the rest of the 0.1BTC/share, that is 0.00750846BTC/share. The second is to start the normal payment which splits proportionally between ASICMINER and Bitfountain.

arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:22:17 PM

dividends are rolling in... Smiley

*happy, teary eyed sniff* my first one...

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:23:20 PM

Welcome to the club!
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:30:12 PM

Welcome to the club!

sad thing is i had 5 shares bought at ipo price, but sold them shortly before the whole glbse collapse... now i'm back in with a solid... uh... 1. *ahem* right then.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Naelr

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 04:32:52 PM

OK can someone point me in the direction or just give some kind of idea to answer this question?  I have shares in ASICMINER and am considering purchasing more... the question I have is has friedcat or anyone for that matter stated the projected life of the ASICMINER IPO?  Sooner or later friedcat will start losing money and it would make sense for him to stop paying shareholders and buyback or whatever is going to happen, even then maybe start selling off his hashing power.  So with gigavips and TERRAMINING (if BFL ever shipps) his is only going to last 9 months making me not care to purchase any more shares.  But if ASICMINER is as of right now opened with option to buyback... I am really considering some more shares.   Can anyone shed any light on subject because this is a long thread and I haven't found it yet.

Thanks friedcat keep up the good work and thanks to this awesome community!

Naelr

Join me in hosted mining.  And always use 2 Factor Auth whenever possible.
CEX.IO hosting mining
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 04:56:16 PM

OK can someone point me in the direction or just give some kind of idea to answer this question?  I have shares in ASICMINER and am considering purchasing more... the question I have is has friedcat or anyone for that matter stated the projected life of the ASICMINER IPO?  Sooner or later friedcat will start losing money and it would make sense for him to stop paying shareholders and buyback or whatever is going to happen, even then maybe start selling off his hashing power.  So with gigavips and TERRAMINING (if BFL ever shipps) his is only going to last 9 months making me not care to purchase any more shares.  But if ASICMINER is as of right now opened with option to buyback... I am really considering some more shares.   Can anyone shed any light on subject because this is a long thread and I haven't found it yet.

Thanks friedcat keep up the good work and thanks to this awesome community!

Naelr

IPO has ended long ago. Asicminer itself is created as a long term project. Its not only for mining but at a later time asics will be sold. I think asic-time only started and asics will dominate mining for a long time. So even though the profits will drop at some point when we have the maximum possible hashpower it will go on with selling asics. And that looks to me like the possibility to earn more money than invested will remain for years. Of course bitcoin-world is hard to predict for the future.

Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: