Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:04:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916347 times)
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:55:37 AM

My personal preference (for stock value and ASIC access + 'feelgood community stuff') would be that Asicminer sell say 500-1000 USB miners to the current share holders at slightly over cost AND set up a dedicated E-shop (website) and offer the public access to USB sticks at whatever price gauging profit squeezing level they can Smiley

Win/Win!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lagmo

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:39:20 AM

My personal preference (for stock value and ASIC access + 'feelgood community stuff') would be that Asicminer sell say 500-1000 USB miners to the current share holders at slightly over cost AND set up a dedicated E-shop (website) and offer the public access to USB sticks at whatever price gauging profit squeezing level they can Smiley

Win/Win!

AM must have an e-shop eventually, but it doesn't have to be a conventional fixed price one though, I'm sure it would be possible to setup an item like the Moneybee sticks to be automatically priced by demand.

Start the price @ ~2BTC each, decrement price by 0.01BTC every 'X' minute(s), increment price by 0.01BTC for every unit sold & paid. Keep it up till there are no more sticks left. Add min/max price and unit limits per customer as needed.

Forum auctions definitely have limited viability for higher volumes, as the most recent one makes quite obvious, so we'd better get creative  Wink
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:45:10 AM

Hashrate going up again as friedcat wakes up Grin

(BFL)^2 < 0
mithrandi

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 02:23:07 AM

Hashrate going up again as friedcat wakes up Grin
Wait, the hash rate goes up when friedcat is awake? Maybe the ASICs are all a lie, and friedcat is actually a Mentat doing all of the bitcoin mining in his head! Cheesy Grin

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 02:43:36 AM

Friedcat has been 100% honest, and every thing he has said has worked so far

Hum, no. The 12 Th/s currently mining was supposed to be online 1-1.5 months ago. The deployment has definitely not worked as fast as fried said it would.
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:06:01 AM

Damn, so many haters here. You, guys, have got to give credit for all the work friedcat has done so far (processing payments from the auctions, distributing dividends, deploying and shipping equipment) because it's due. He definatelly exceeded my expectations.

msm595

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:17:30 AM

Friedcat has been 100% honest, and every thing he has said has worked so far

Hum, no. The 12 Th/s currently mining was supposed to be online 1-1.5 months ago. The deployment has definitely not worked as fast as fried said it would.
Despite how much we wish, friedcat is no oracle. He ran into issues deploying: power, etc.. All of these issues he dealt with promptly, and in a manor as to prevent future issues of the same sort. He said the plans were to get 12 TH/s at that time, it's not a lie if it is delayed... He still has been 100% honest. It's not as if he said he was ready to ship products when all he had were cases with fans so far.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:00:13 AM

Update

Let us explain the cost more elaborately first: some of them are used as a reserve (not paid yet) for ICs of later batches of Block Erupter Blades (namely the clock/data buffer ICs for the main board and the buck controller ICs for the power module) and Block Erupter USB sticks (MCUs and USB controller ICs). Some of them should be paid soon for the immediate demands for ICs of the Block Erupter USB stick.

For financial transparency, there are three aspects:

Unauditable: Have we been doing stealth mining with some extra hashing power unknown by the public? We haven't. But this is practically not monitorable therefore this forms a minimum trusting base.

Auditable frequently: How much Bitcoins are earned from mining and public auctions, given that we have no secret extra income sources? These are all shown as public records on blockchain and forums. This is the advantage of using Bitcoins and being a Bitcoin-based company.

Auditable infrequently: How much have we spent and are they spent properly? How much have we gain via non-public big selling contracts? Most companies do this on a quarterly or yearly basis. We could and will also do this. As said before, the financial reports can be almost fully generated from our Bitcoins and fiat transactions as well as contracts to the manufacturers and the fab. We exceeded the expected time of making the second elaborate one but it will certainly be done when my partners and I are more or less freed from daily work of maintenance and keeping ASICMINER expanding with the growing number of join-in employees.

Quote from: furuknap
I would love to know

1. What are the two-three month perspective on hashrate, earnings, and profitability
2. What are the funding requirements to reach those goals and how will that funding take place?
3. What is the current financial situation of the company (ie assets, liabilities, running costs, currency denominations, and so on)
4. What is the policy on managing capital (ie is it exchanged every week, do they set aside capital for unforeseen expenses, etc)
1. 62+200=262TH/s. Earnings and profitability highly depends on the competitors and how the price range the purchasers will accept after two to three months. And please bear in mind that they are perspectives, only bonds could usually give a fixed range of profit predictions.
2. The final margin cost for 1TH/s is less than 10k$, the actual number depends on the volatile price of PCB components. Installing and power bill are currently low. We will be self-funded.
3. We are virtually free of any liabilities at this moment. The rest, as said above, will be generated from our Bitcoins and fiat transactions as well as contracts.
4. They are all set aside as reserves for the future. We do not get the Bitcoins sold only one day before the merchants knock our door asking for payments.

And for the Block Erupter USB sticks. Please stay tuned for later news.

phr33

Activity: 226

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:17:49 AM

Update

Let us explain the cost more elaborately first: some of them are used as a reserve (not paid yet) for ICs of later batches of Block Erupter Blades (namely the clock/data buffer ICs for the main board and the buck controller ICs for the power module) and Block Erupter USB sticks (MCUs and USB controller ICs). Some of them should be paid soon for the immediate demands for ICs of the Block Erupter USB stick.

For financial transparency, there are three aspects:

Unauditable: Have we been doing stealth mining with some extra hashing power unknown by the public? We haven't. But this is practically not monitorable therefore this forms a minimum trusting base.

Auditable frequently: How much Bitcoins are earned from mining and public auctions, given that we have no secret extra income sources? These are all shown as public records on blockchain and forums. This is the advantage of using Bitcoins and being a Bitcoin-based company.

Auditable infrequently: How much have we spent and are they spent properly? How much have we gain via non-public big selling contracts? Most companies do this on a quarterly or yearly basis. We could and will also do this. As said before, the financial reports can be almost fully generated from our Bitcoins and fiat transactions as well as contracts to the manufacturers and the fab. We exceeded the expected time of making the second elaborate one but it will certainly be done when my partners and I are more or less freed from daily work of maintenance and keeping ASICMINER expanding with the growing number of join-in employees.

Quote from: furuknap
I would love to know

1. What are the two-three month perspective on hashrate, earnings, and profitability
2. What are the funding requirements to reach those goals and how will that funding take place?
3. What is the current financial situation of the company (ie assets, liabilities, running costs, currency denominations, and so on)
4. What is the policy on managing capital (ie is it exchanged every week, do they set aside capital for unforeseen expenses, etc)
1. 62+200=262TH/s. Earnings and profitability highly depends on the competitors and how the price range the purchasers will accept after two to three months. And please bear in mind that they are perspectives, only bonds could usually give a fixed range of profit predictions.
2. The final margin cost for 1TH/s is less than 10k$, the actual number depends on the volatile price of PCB components. Installing and power bill are currently low. We will be self-funded.
3. We are virtually free of any liabilities at this moment. The rest, as said above, will be generated from our Bitcoins and fiat transactions as well as contracts.
4. They are all set aside as reserves for the future. We do not get the Bitcoins sold only one day before the merchants knock our door asking for payments.

And for the Block Erupter USB sticks. Please stay tuned for later news.

Thanks for the update! Love your work Smiley

My BTC input: 1GAtPwoTGPQ35y9QugJueum5GzaEzLYjiQ
My GPG ID: B0CCFD4A
Franktank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:26:23 AM

Thanks for the in-depth update, get some well deserved sleep when you can.

Woot, 262 TH/s coming this summer!!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:29:18 AM

<3 friedcat. Thank you for the awesome update - an analysis on this can be found here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg1767379#msg1767379

*buys moar shares*
VJain

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 04:29:28 AM

And the PT on Bitfunder dropped from 1.3 --> 1.2 Smiley Perfect time to buy in!

Making Apps and Websites for people. I charge reasonable rates ($30-40/hour in BTC).
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:34:13 AM

Bitfunder is really screwy sometimes... it seems like the price is eternally .1 less than btct.

(BFL)^2 < 0
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:50:32 AM

Bitfunder is really screwy sometimes... it seems like the price is eternally .1 less than btct.

shshshushsh.... what are you thinking writing this in public! trying to get the price to where it SHOULD be before we buy moar?

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 05:02:07 AM

GBF still has thousands of shares to sell: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.msg1865890#msg1865890
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:13:47 AM

Brag post Grin

• Found out about Bitcoin about 4 weeks ago.
  • Bought some shortly after the crash.
  • Found out about BFL. Ordered one.
  • Did some *actual research* on Bitcoin. Bought more.
  • Did some *actual research* on BFL. Started to worry a bit.
  • Ordered some Avalon ASICs as a bit of insurance, which I plan to have made up into cards for personal mining.
  • Did more research on mining. Found out about ASICminer shares.
  • Canceled the BFL order. Used proceeds to buy ASICminer shares.
  • Feeling rather pleased with myself.

Busy month! Cool

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:18:16 AM

Brag post Grin

• Found out about Bitcoin about 4 weeks ago.
  • Bought some shortly after the crash.
  • Found out about BFL. Ordered one.
  • Did some *actual research* on Bitcoin. Bought more.
  • Did some *actual research* on BFL. Started to worry a bit.
  • Ordered some Avalon ASICs as a bit of insurance, which I plan to have made up into cards for personal mining.
  • Did more research on mining. Found out about ASICminer shares.
  • Canceled the BFL order. Used proceeds to buy ASICminer shares.
  • Feeling rather pleased with myself.

Busy month! Cool

Personal disclosure: I only hold AM shares currently.  Tongue
JimiQ84

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:38:57 AM

Update

http://blockchain.info/address/1HtUGfbDcMzTeHWx2Dbgnhc6kYnj1Hp24i
lophie

Activity: 924

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:12:42 AM

Brag post Grin

• Found out about Bitcoin a couple of Years ago.
  • Bought some shortly after the first big crash.
  • Found out about ASICMINER since IPO.
  • Done some *actual research* on Bitcoin. Bought more.
  • Feeling extremely pleased with myself.

Busy couple of years! Cool

Don't brag. I did all the above and I am still a very small man in front of the real early adopters. Wait a few years and brag to JoeSixCoiners when they complain about earning mere few tens of mBTC a month or so.

Smiley

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:23:01 AM

Brag post Grin

• Found out about Bitcoin a couple of Years ago.
  • Bought some shortly after the first big crash.
  • Found out about ASICMINER since IPO.
  • Done some *actual research* on Bitcoin. Bought more.
  • Feeling extremely pleased with myself.

Busy couple of years! Cool

Don't brag. I did all the above and I am still a very small man in front of the real early adopters. Wait a few years and brag to JoeSixCoiners when they complain about earning mere few tens of mBTC a month or so.

Smiley

Don't worry, I know exactly how small I am... Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: