Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 [775] 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916343 times)
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:00:29 PM

There are a ton of viable competitors who have actually overtaken ASICMINER and shipped better, faster hardware.
can you provide a list of this "ton of viable competitors" that are currently shipping at lower costs than AM?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caoxg

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 05:03:46 PM

Hi, I just visited ASICMINER's immersion cooling farm facility nowadays.

Please check another topic for details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346134.0

Please consider donate: http://dreamchina.com/projects/59666

I'm running a Chinese crowdfunding website: dreamchina.com.
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:11:47 PM

There are a ton of viable competitors who have actually overtaken ASICMINER and shipped better, faster hardware.
can you provide a list of this "ton of viable competitors" that are currently shipping at lower costs than AM?
+1

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
bitfair

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:17:17 PM

There's a lot of complaining in this thread lately, which is understandable, considering large swings in stock prices can cause strong emotions.

I just wanted to put this whole thing in a bit more perspective: about 16 months ago, Bitfountain collected about $100k from investors to complete some chips. Today, they have a large warchest of savings, a steady income stream, and they are working in parallel on the 3rd generation of chips, liquid cooling +++, and the company is "valued" at approximately $100 million (not to mention that investors have already collectively received payouts of about XBT 240k, almost $200 million at today's prices). In light of this, my personal opinion is that we should at least keep the discourse respectful.

From my point of view, the company has plenty of promise and is busy fulfilling the promise. Competition has grown stronger, but anybody surprised by that is a pinhead - it was obvious from the start there would be an ASIC price-war/arms race. But there will be several winners, and AM is well-positioned to be one of them: well-funded, well-located, experienced and (dare I say?) visionary.

I'm not trying to talk the price up or anything (I don't care much about the flavor of the month), I just wanted to point out that, in my humble opinion, AM has delivered magnificently so far, and has staying power for the long term.
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:31:34 PM

There's a lot of complaining in this thread lately, which is understandable, considering large swings in stock prices can cause strong emotions.

I just wanted to put this whole thing in a bit more perspective: about 16 months ago, Bitfountain collected about $100k from investors to complete some chips. Today, they have a large warchest of savings, a steady income stream, and they are working in parallel on the 3rd generation of chips, liquid cooling +++, and the company is "valued" at approximately $100 million (not to mention that investors have already collectively received payouts of about XBT 240k, almost $200 million at today's prices). In light of this, my personal opinion is that we should at least keep the discourse respectful.

From my point of view, the company has plenty of promise and is busy fulfilling the promise. Competition has grown stronger, but anybody surprised by that is a pinhead - it was obvious from the start there would be an ASIC price-war/arms race. But there will be several winners, and AM is well-positioned to be one of them: well-funded, well-located, experienced and (dare I say?) visionary.

I'm not trying to talk the price up or anything (I don't care much about the flavor of the month), I just wanted to point out that, in my humble opinion, AM has delivered magnificently so far, and has staying power for the long term.
This is an extremely great write up and posts the truth about what they have done as an amazing company in a very short period of time. Thank you for putting this into perspective for anyone who may be new or maybe just lost the reality in their mind of this amazing feat.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
bitfair

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:53:05 PM

This is an extremely great write up and posts the truth about what they have done as an amazing company in a very short period of time. Thank you for putting this into perspective for anyone who may be new or maybe just lost the reality in their mind of this amazing feat.

Thanks. It's easy to forget everything that has happened in the last year when people are so busy licking their wounds and thinking "I should have sold at 5!".

One more thing: people keep repeating here that gen 1 tech is useless. However: the marginal cost of producing (i.e. electricity@$0.06/kWh) of producing 1 XBT with gen1 tech (7 J/GH) is currently $12.20. At current bitcoin price, it is profitable to keep these babies running until network hash rate is above 350 PH. So for those claiming that gen 1 is outdated, please show me how you reach that conclusion.

Anyway, for those missing it, here's my pump: liquid cooling + 0.2 J/GH = $$$!
sochee

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:27:49 PM

It simply isn't the unique source of income, and was overtaken by selling hardware more than once.
It's not convenience, it's not being dumb.

Yes, I'm aware it's not the unique source of income. I already said that diversifying makes sense, when it works. Right now we have no good hardware and no "meaningful" mining, so "not being dumb" isn't working out that well.

Care to name one of the competition that is "overtaking" asicminer. Am cube which uses old "used car" tech still competes in cost efficiency wotb those brand new 28nm new tech chips from knc and bitfury.

I will leave it to you to exit the ASICMINER echo chamber and do some research of their competitors. I'll give you a hint - the network hasn't reached 5300 TH because of blades and cubes.

If you bought at 5btc/per that is your own fault for buying in to an incredibly overvalued stock at the time. It was obvious that 5btc per share is ridiculous because 10% network hashrate equates to 1btc/share and maybe this says something about how dilusional you are regarding asicminers value.

I never said I bought in at 5BTC, and I'm not "dilusional" about it's value, in fact, I'm quite realistic. There's no need to resort to personal attacks if you feel I have a strong argument.

It's not "complaining" - it's being realistic. I have no idea why you uphold Friedcat as some deity that cannot be doubted and that we should all worship and never slander. And anyway, shareholders have all the right in the world to "complain" about a company they are invested in - I was part of the original IPO and I can say whatever I want because it was partly my money that allowed Friedcat to do what he did. Most of this thread, especially in the last few weeks, is for emotional support, where you guys keep convincing each other "yeah it'll go back up! Friedcat knows everything and this was his plan! to da moon!". Friedcat is what Americans call a "one hit wonder", if that is the correct terminology.
velacreations

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:43:30 PM

I will leave it to you to exit the ASICMINER echo chamber and do some research of their competitors. I'll give you a hint - the network hasn't reached 5300 TH because of blades and cubes.

this is what you said:
I'm asking you to back that statement up with some evidence.  So, I'll ask again, can you provide a list of the "ton of viable companies" currently shipping hardware at or below AM prices? (hint, a "ton" of ASIC companies currently shipping hardware doesn't exist)

velacreations

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:44:46 PM

Yes, I'm aware it's not the unique source of income. I already said that diversifying makes sense, when it works. Right now we have no good hardware and no "meaningful" mining, so "not being dumb" isn't working out that well.
It already worked out well.  They already made the money, and more than they could have made mining with it.  

Are you trying to say that if they didn't sell hardware they would have made more money by this point of time by mining with that hardware?  Because that statement would be completely false.  If you are trying to imply that it's true, you need to provide some math.

ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:55:15 PM

Forget about prices or values of competitor products, here's a simple fact:

The network has gone from 1+ PH to 5+ PH in under 60 DAYS!!!!!!

Now unless anyone thinks that's people buying 4PH of GPU cards then it's clear there is a huge amount of ASICS being shipped or being privately mined. I suspect there are several very big miners who have been backed by serious money who have built and operate their own chips and tell no-one.

That's the threat, why buy AM at $100m, when you can duplicate them for $5m.
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:19:48 PM

Donno about submerged mining but i have seen less mining from AM in these days , i hope dividends will surpass 0.001
neutralist

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:33:48 PM

I suspect there are several very big miners who have been backed by serious money who have built and operate their own chips and tell no-one.

These entities have a name for it. It is called 國營企業.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:51:22 PM

I suspect there are several very big miners who have been backed by serious money who have built and operate their own chips and tell no-one.

These entities have a name for it. It is called 國營企業.

State-owned enterprises?
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:06:00 PM

Donno about submerged mining but i have seen less mining from AM in these days , i hope dividends will surpass 0.001
Mining wallet @ 430 and hash rate looks rather steady to me, why are you saying that?
Or by "these days" you meant "those last weeks" ?
http://erpao.info/

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:32:17 PM

Mining wallet @ 430 and hash rate looks rather steady to me, why are you saying that?

- AM is mining at same TH value from summer , we have not seen a major increase , Generation2 somehow got skipped , from my point of view this is a major failure. 
- Until deployment of generation 3th, February is rumored, we will not see any mining TH+ value.
- I'm thrilled about submerged mining but until AM got the chips to fill in the space there , this investment is useless
- Mining devices are ~ 1 BTC but for how long ?
- Competition is preparing to launch this winter a major counteroffer of mining devices.

the list could go on forever
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:59:08 PM

It simply isn't the unique source of income, and was overtaken by selling hardware more than once.
It's not convenience, it's not being dumb.

Care to name one of the competition that is "overtaking" asicminer. Am cube which uses old "used car" tech still competes in cost efficiency wotb those brand new 28nm new tech chips from knc and bitfury.

If you bought at 5btc/per that is your own fault for buying in to an incredibly overvalued stock at the time. It was obvious that 5btc per share is ridiculous because 10% network hashrate equates to 1btc/share and maybe this says something about how dilusional you are regarding asicminers value.

I never said I bought in at 5BTC, and I'm not "dilusional" about it's value, in fact, I'm quite realistic. There's no need to resort to personal attacks if you feel I have a strong argument.

It's not "complaining" - it's being realistic. I have no idea why you uphold Friedcat as some deity that cannot be doubted and that we should all worship and never slander. And anyway, shareholders have all the right in the world to "complain" about a company they are invested in - I was part of the original IPO and I can say whatever I want because it was partly my money that allowed Friedcat to do what he did. Most of this thread, especially in the last few weeks, is for emotional support, where you guys keep convincing each other "yeah it'll go back up! Friedcat knows everything and this was his plan! to da moon!". Friedcat is what Americans call a "one hit wonder", if that is the correct terminology.

You basically just reposted your original post without addressing any of the responses.

Again you say asicminer has no good hardware but you fail to provide a link to any competitor that supposedly is destroying asicminer. You said yourself that the network is 5/ph and where did that come from? Considering am claims to have sold 1000 th that makes 1/5th of all mining devices asicminer hardware. Bitfury/knc had like 1ph when I checked last and I'm guessing bfl contributed at least 1000 as well. So where are these superior devices?

I am not personally attacking you by saying you are delusional as you will notice you are the first one to call every asicminer investor delusional.

And no you don't have a good argument. The only person who thinks you do is yourself.

So you have 2 options: provide evidence of asicminers competitons "superior" hardware or gtfo.
data

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:31:16 PM

I just found some new hope after I saw the original "datacenter". This new one looks much more like I expected. At least I see why the havelock prices are somewhat recovering.
eastpk

Activity: 120

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:56:26 PM

- AM is mining at same TH value from summer , we have not seen a major increase , Generation2 somehow got skipped , from my point of view this is a major failure.  
- Until deployment of generation 3th, February is rumored, we will not see any mining TH+ value.
- I'm thrilled about submerged mining but until AM got the chips to fill in the space there , this investment is useless
- Mining devices are ~ 1 BTC but for how long ?
- Competition is preparing to launch this winter a major counteroffer of mining devices.

the list could go on forever

Can I ask you which competition is preparing to launch a major counteroffer? I'm not even sure what you meant by counteroffer

Thanks

EDIT: Also, if you want to see the English version of above - check the thread below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346134.0
Big thank you to caoxg

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:41:18 PM

G.ASICMINER (Bitfunder)
The offer to convert G.ASICMINER shares is now over. If you still hold any, you will need to wait for Bitfunder to convert them to Direct Shares with Friedcat to do anything with them.

AM100 (Havelock)
The offer to convert fractional shares to AM1/Direct Shares is also over. It went well, so we may offer this option in the future again, no promises though.

TAT.ASICMINER (Bitfunder)
As soon as I can sync up with Bitfunder (this week most likely), we will also freeze TAT.ASICMINER. Any holders that haven't already migrated will be required to provide a signed message from their wallet address on file with Bitfunder.com to claim them. I will still accept migration requests for these until then.

AM1 & Direct Shares
Beginning today, all requests to convert AM1/Direct shares to will now be processed in batches, once per week.

This is being done to streamline the process and better manage expectations, since ASICMINER only processes things once per week on their end anyway.

If your request does not make it into a current week's batch, it will be processed in the next batch.

NOTE: Confirmation emails or status updates on export requests will not be provided until a request is completed.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:45:50 PM

AM100 (Havelock)
The offer to convert fractional shares to AM1/Direct Shares is also over. It went well, so we may offer this option in the future again, no promises though.

Please do. Great service. I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee per conversion if you choose to continue.
Pages: « 1 ... 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 [775] 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: