Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:54:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916343 times)
ThunderSheep

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

The sheep who walks through walls.

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:07:56 AM

Is anyone compiling a list of questions for the board, as was previously done? 

Mostly people just repeatedly ask when the next poll will happen.

When it comes down to it, people are either too lazy to compile a sane list of questions, realize their questions aren't good ones, or have already been answered.

If you guys get a reasonable list of such unanswered questions together, I'd be glad to present them to FC.

This has been the case since the first poll.

Going over the posts since the last official update on November 22, I've compiled the following list.

• When can we expect an official public relations appointment and what channels will be used to announce information?
  • What is the size of the first Gen 3 deployment and when is it expected?
  • How will Gen 3 be divided between mining, franchising and hardware sales?
  • What process size does Gen 3 use?
  • What will happen after all cubes are sold?  Will there be anything coming between now and the first Gen 3 deployment?
  • Have dividends been paid out to shareholders for the cube sales yet?

Would anyone be so kind as to put these into some format that could be voted on?

Would anyone like to add anything?  Ask in the thread or send me a PM and I'll update the list.

ThickAsThieves, is there a particular date to use as a deadline to make things easier for yourself and Friedcat?  It would seem fair to allow Friedcat at least a week to prepare proper responses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:42:18 PM

When it comes down to it, people are either too lazy to compile a sane list of questions, realize their questions aren't good ones, or have already been answered.

If you guys get a reasonable list of such unanswered questions together, I'd be glad to present them to FC.

Going over the posts since the last official update on November 22, I've compiled the following list.

• When can we expect an official public relations appointment and what channels will be used to announce information?
  • What will happen after all cubes are sold?  Will there be anything coming between now and the first Gen 3 deployment?

Would anyone be so kind as to put these into some format that could be voted on?

Would anyone like to add anything?  Ask in the thread or send me a PM and I'll update the list.

ThickAsThieves, is there a particular date to use as a deadline to make things easier for yourself and Friedcat?  It would seem fair to allow Friedcat at least a week to prepare proper responses.

Your questions have been forwarded, no need to vote.
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:21:38 PM

Your questions have been forwarded, no need to vote.
Also a few more questions to ask should be::
~What is the stance on making equipment that has greater power than previous models? We have only seen the cubes at a whopping 38GH are there any plans to sell equipment with any level of TH power?
~If we have seen proven time after time that communication helps the price of the shareholders stock high, then why are we losing faith with zero communication?
~Are there any plans at all at branching out into any merged mining/ altcoin mining?
~Who are you Friedcat? Do you ever plan on revealing your identity to the public?
~How many people are involved in Bitfountain?
I am not sure if any of these questions will be answered but the lack of answering will only make more doubt in the whole scheme of things.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
neutralist

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:20:23 PM

~Who are you Friedcat? Do you ever plan on revealing your identity to the public?

Friedcat = Satoshi  Grin
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:12:16 AM

Great set of questions. The question from "apollojmr" about whether AM will branch out into altcoin mining is a good one as well.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:18:43 AM

I got the "question to rule them all".
- Will the PR you mentionned in your last communication be able to cover all those basic questions BEFORE answers are begged for?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
antirack

Activity: 489

Immersionist

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:55:11 AM

Some more news online:

International Business Times:
Secret Bitcoin Mine: Chinese Facility Uses Boiling Liquid To Cool Massive Computers That Generate Bitcoins
http://www.ibtimes.com/secret-bitcoin-mine-chinese-facility-uses-boiling-liquid-cool-massive-computers-generate-bitcoins

The Verge: The secret Hong Kong facility that uses boiling goo to mine Bitcoins
http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/2/5165428/bitcoin-mine-in-hong-kong-uses-jelly-to-keep-cool

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:04:38 AM

Some more news online:

Secret Bitcoin Mine: Chinese Facility Uses Boiling Liquid To Cool Massive Computers That Generate Bitcoins
http://www.ibtimes.com/secret-bitcoin-mine-chinese-facility-uses-boiling-liquid-cool-massive-computers-generate-bitcoins

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/2/5165428/bitcoin-mine-in-hong-kong-uses-jelly-to-keep-cool

I love these bloggers who simply cut and paste text from another source and call themselves "journalists"
anyway, the more outlets this news gets the better. I'm curious just how advantageous this cooling system turns out to be...if AM can become a leader in asic cooling solutions thats ok with me. as long as they lead, they will profit, and mining seems to be a unwinnable game right now.
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:15:06 AM

Some more news online:

I love these bloggers who simply cut and paste text from another source and call themselves "journalists"
anyway, the more outlets this news gets the better. I'm curious just how advantageous this cooling system turns out to be...if AM can become a leader in asic cooling solutions thats ok with me. as long as they lead, they will profit, and mining seems to be a unwinnable game right now.
As long as they cite the source, it is fair play.
This is how newspapers work, most of them simply forward what they get from news agencies such as Reuters, EFE, EP, AFT, APA, etc...
laustcozz

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:05:42 AM

if AM can become a leader in asic cooling solutions thats ok with me. as long as they lead, they will profit, and mining seems to be a unwinnable game right now.

KNC's latest devices with the 20nm chips that won't even be delivered for 3+ months are selling for ~$4 GH.  Way back FriedCat said that our costs were <$10 GH.  That puts asicminer's Gen1 stuff still in the same ballpark as the very best around.  I don't think we are going to have any problem pulling a nice profit mining next year unless Gen3 bombs the same way Gen2 did.

Activity: 525

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:11:19 AM

Anyone got any news on the transfer of bitfunder G.asicminer shares to direct? tia
GTR_JOEY

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:01:27 AM

Anyone got any news on the transfer of bitfunder G.asicminer shares to direct? tia

would also like to know this
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:40:10 PM

Can anyone tell me how the recovery from GLBSE's closure was handled?  Basically I was around when GLBSE was the king, but kind of ignored the BTC space for a good 7 months, and in that time GLBSE closed down.  While going through a stack of old hard drives looking for old wallet.dat files, I happened across my GLBSE RSA public and private key.

From my previous research into AM, I know there are still unclaimed shares, I cant help but be optimistic that some of those may be mine.

I should probably ask friedcat directly, but I know people here may be able to answer my question, and save friedcat his valuable time.  Is there some listing of public GLBSE keys to shares?  Or how would I prove ownership?  I still have my wallet from that time, but I have no idea what addresses I used on GLBSE (I was bad at labeling back then).

Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:24:48 PM

Can anyone tell me how the recovery from GLBSE's closure was handled?  Basically I was around when GLBSE was the king, but kind of ignored the BTC space for a good 7 months, and in that time GLBSE closed down.  While going through a stack of old hard drives looking for old wallet.dat files, I happened across my GLBSE RSA public and private key.

From my previous research into AM, I know there are still unclaimed shares, I cant help but be optimistic that some of those may be mine.

I should probably ask friedcat directly, but I know people here may be able to answer my question, and save friedcat his valuable time.  Is there some listing of public GLBSE keys to shares?  Or how would I prove ownership?  I still have my wallet from that time, but I have no idea what addresses I used on GLBSE (I was bad at labeling back then).
You could ask it also at SE, both because someone might help you, and more importantly so that anybody else with your problem will be able to google it and find the solution Wink

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:28:32 PM

There is certainly a great desire for more communication from FC. However, one must realize what a double-edged sword that is. FC puts out a statement, and then for the next two weeks everyone on the forum is trying to examine every comma and every nuance to glean what the message "really" means. Everything gets twisted and interpreted, and in the end we are generally no better off than we were to begin with.

Sometimes I think watching 100 posts complaining of a lack of communication is preferable to 1000 posts arguing what the meaning of the word "is" is.

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:04:32 PM

There is certainly a great desire for more communication from FC. However, one must realize what a double-edged sword that is. FC puts out a statement, and then for the next two weeks everyone on the forum is trying to examine every comma and every nuance to glean what the message "really" means. Everything gets twisted and interpreted, and in the end we are generally no better off than we were to begin with.

Sometimes I think watching 100 posts complaining of a lack of communication is preferable to 1000 posts arguing what the meaning of the word "is" is.
On the other hand, we have this problem only because he sometimes isn't very clear, and more improtantly because he doesn't address every issue.

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:35:15 PM

I dunno, have you seen the ActiveMining thread?  Wink

I'm about to dive into these 800 pages, but I see that AsicMiner is moving to direct shares after the bitfunder fiasco. Are there plans to move to a colored coins trading solution at some point?

AM is one of the few securities with a proven track-record, so I've always been interested... gotta start some due diligence

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:11:50 PM

but I see that AsicMiner is moving to direct shares after the bitfunder fiasco.
Officially it has always had a direct share system, the exchanges only hosted passthroughs.

Are there plans to move to a colored coins trading solution at some point?
Yes, though IIRC no exact timeline was given.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:39:11 PM

As long as they cite the source, it is fair play.
This is how newspapers work, most of them simply forward what they get from news agencies such as Reuters, EFE, EP, AFT, APA, etc...

Though they pay for copying... but im not a friend of that copyright-industry anyway...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
hammurabi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:23:40 AM

Important question:
Have PT shares from BitFunder been transferred to appropriate wallet addresses?
This was suppose to happen on Dec, 2nd.

BitFunder web service is unavailable, now.

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
Pages: « 1 ... 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: