Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:49:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 [790] 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916335 times)
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:11:36 PM

Lol...

Please stop trolling, and start contributing. Most of your posts are either vitriolic or appear made up. Quoting sources for replies would help with taking you more seriously too.  

Please go to kncminer thread and stay there.. We all know about knc and the competition they bring. The guy before me basically covered everything having to due with how shitty preorders are. He forgot to mention that knc might end up with underperforming hardware along with missed deadlines. Preorders as far as I'm concerned mean absolutely nothing.

But dat 20nm tech so cool right? Please take my money for a product that doesn't exist.

I do appreciate you coming to this thread every once in a while to let us know why you think AM will fail. Or as you call it "contributing"
We all know you're ASICminer's fanboy and trust me, I want AM to go up too - but preaching relies on faith, and I want to see numbers. If you can't provide quotes or links, don't post. "Please take my money for a product that doesn't exist." can just as well be applied to ASICminer right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:12:03 PM

well said +1
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:20:17 PM

No matter how you slice it, sales and margins are getting thinner with the competition and difficulty increases. I believe that was forseen long ago, as earlier announcements have indicated (single digit margins IIRC)  What we DO have, at least in the works, is cutting edge self mining infrastructure. Hopefully that will allow the network share to be recovered and maintained regardless of sales profits dwindling to lower and lower levels. With the increased value of BTC the mining would inescabably become more (re:divs) heavily weighted than sales. At some point it is conceivable to buy chips from the competition if someone achieves a far better economy of scale at razor thin margins. Where that is, I have no idea, but the trend seems sure to me: lets start boiling that coolant boys!
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:22:12 PM

alternatively, if you can't get bitcoins from a bank, then it may create a demand for mining hardware in China.  It would be an alternative way to get fiat into btc.

They just stop the banks and financial institutions to exchange fiat for btc. There is no regulation to ban online fiat/btc exchange services to continue.
yeah, I understand that, but still, mining equipment is one method to convert fiat to BTC.  If banks /financial institutions can't do it, people may look to other alternatives.  In other words, this may be good for mining equipment manufacturers.

AMuppInTime
Donator

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:22:42 PM

No matter how you slice it, sales and margins are getting thinner with the competition and difficulty increases. I believe that was forseen long ago, as earlier announcements have indicated (single digit margins IIRC)  What we DO have, at least in the works, is cutting edge self mining infrastructure. Hopefully that will allow the network share to be recovered and maintained regardless of sales profits dwindling to lower and lower levels. With the increased value of BTC the mining would inescabably become more (re:divs) heavily weighted than sales. At some point it is conceivable to buy chips from the competition if someone achieves a far better economy of scale at razor thin margins. Where that is, I have no idea, but the trend seems sure to me: lets start boiling that coolant boys!

I am hoping you are right, and I am putting my money in that basket. I'd love to hear more about details though.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:33:10 PM

I am hoping you are right, and I am putting my money in that basket. I'd love to hear more about details though.

There have been some good pics and a write up by one journalist, copied far and wide.  Looks like we got the boxes, just need something to put in them  Grin
 I imagine stock wise we have some falling to do before March. Then, whether gen3 is all its cracked up to be or not, I imagine it gets deployed in vast quantity. If its good, sales too, if not so much, we mine it until gen 4 can roll out. 2 years operations budget remember. Even if gen3 is weak, its not the end.  Nothing is infallible, but friedcat's team seems to have a lot of bases covered. FC= smart cookie, I think.
Xu

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:22:20 PM

I think pierrejo is trying to show that KNC has superior hardware. He is right. So what?

No company is going to have 100% of the market, not matter how great their hardware. KNC is selling to people who want to put up pretty big money to have bigger machines. ASICMiner is selling much cheaper machines. There is plenty of room in the market for both. All ASICMiner needs to do is to attain 10% of the total hash, which they should "easily" be accomplished with gen3 hardware, assuming it doesn't fail. (I am sure FC might dispute the word "easily" Tongue). The other goal of ASICMiner is to sell out all the hardware it puts up for sale. So far ASICMiner has succeeded, with the exception of the gen2 setback.

KNC miner is a fine company with their own place in the market, but that in no way diminishes ASICMiners prospects.
AMuppInTime
Donator

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:00:21 PM

I think pierrejo is trying to show that KNC has superior hardware. He is right. So what?
KnC & CoinTerra do have better hardware for now, but if ASICminer executes as planned they should reclaim the crown early next year. I am trying to raise questions regarding execution of current business plan - Did the expansion into Gen3 take the new players into account / What the current known plan is (quotes/sources plz)

All ASICMiner needs to do is to attain 10% of the total hash,
That's quite a task with the current network ramping up. I'm behind you but what's the plan to arrive there? knowing that competitors are holding back on hardware release to insure a return on their original purchasers?
I am trying to get some of the known details to resurface. I want to be proven wrong - but I need to shake the tree a bit.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:08:36 PM

Exactly what he is trying to do but it is factually inaccurate.

As of this point in time knc asics are more efficient electricity wise than asicminer but not more cost effective in terms of ROI. Both knc jupiter and asicminer cube have a ROI of about the same.

You dont find it a bit strange that asicminer 140nm tech can compete evenly with knc 28nm? Knc process size is nothing more than a gimmick. When it comes down to the specs of current gen hardware, knc is not superior. And when it comes to made up specs on future hardware, asicminer still comes out on top with efficient chips that are around 20 times more efficient than gen1 asicminer chips.

So how exactly is knc superior again?
jimmothy

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:20:54 PM

KnC & CoinTerra do have better hardware for now, but if ASICminer executes as planned they should reclaim the crown early next year. I am trying to raise questions regarding execution of current business plan - Did the expansion into Gen3 take the new players into account / What the current known plan is (quotes/sources plz)

All ASICMiner needs to do is to attain 10% of the total hash,
That's quite a task with the current network ramping up. I'm behind you but what's the plan to arrive there? knowing that competitors are holding back on hardware release to insure a return on their original purchasers?
I am trying to get some of the known details to resurface. I want to be proven wrong - but I need to shake the tree a bit.

As far as I know cointerra does not even have a working asic so it is pointless to compare specs. As said earlier knc hardware does not reach roi faster.

I think you are assuming FC is an idiot which is not the case. He said in an interview he thinks the total nrtwork hashrate will achieve 1000ph during 2014 and he will be prepared for it. Even providing several hundred ph in his own words.

Also do you have any source competitors are "holding back". I am 99% sure that is bs.

Either way the next step for asicminer is switching to gen3 chips. We will probably see a hashrate increase of around ten times the current rate. Maybe more considering each rack I  the immersion cooled datacenter was not filled in the last pictures.

Or we can pretend FC is going to go sit in a corner while knc and competitors finally are able to deliver their next gen products..
jimmothy

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:47:07 PM

jimmothy, most of us here have shares and like AsicMiner and its CEO (Cat Executive Officer), but please stop with the mindless cheerleading.

No one is arguing that process size is everything, but current KnC offering are clearly superior to AsicMiner's current offerings (it's 130, not 140, by the way). That's it.

You mean knc preorders? Knc current miners are not superior and we have no idea how next gen devices will compare.

Not sure the point of arguing about imaginary hardware..
AMuppInTime
Donator

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:15:23 AM

...it is factually inaccurate.

As of this point in time knc asics are more efficient electricity wise than asicminer but not more cost effective in terms of ROI. Both knc jupiter and asicminer cube have a ROI of about the same.
please explain using numbers instead of "claiming" facts. I'm going to go with you have no clue what you're talking about.
In "fact", I'm even going to help you with the type of things you should point to:

KnC Jupiter starting mining in December: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/b0792b35ea -> returns 2.4X investment
ASICminer Cube starting mining in December: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/931f591bb7 -> returns 1.3X investment
(for comparison's sake) CoinTerra T. IV starting mining in March: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/a02256b23a -> Returns 1.6X investment

There are no ASICminer cubes or KnC Jupiters available for sale out of ebay or preorder (which would never return full investment). The T. IV preorder for March is still open (1st batch is due for jan).
Also -  Cubes went on sale mid november and sold out immediately: Had you purchased Cubes then you might have made 2X investment. But the Jupiter arrived around then too.
As far as I know cointerra does not even have a working asic so it is pointless to compare specs.
Not good enough intel.
I think you are assuming FC is an idiot which is not the case. He said in an interview he thinks the total nrtwork hashrate will achieve 1000ph during 2014 and he will be prepared for it. Even providing several hundred ph in his own words.
Please provide source.
I am 99% sure that is bs.
Not good enough.
Either way the next step for asicminer is switching to gen3 chips. We will probably see a hashrate increase of around ten times the current rate. Maybe more considering each rack I  the immersion cooled datacenter was not filled in the last pictures.
Or we can pretend FC is going to go sit in a corner while knc and competitors finally are able to deliver their next gen products..
Please admit you have no idea what you are talking about and are pulling those numbers from a dark, dark place.
jimmothy

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:44:15 AM

...it is factually inaccurate.

please explain using numbers instead of "claiming" facts. I'm going to go with you have no clue what you're talking about.
In "fact", I'm even going to help you with the type of things you should point to:

KnC Jupiter starting mining in December: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/b0792b35ea -> returns 2.4X investment
ASICminer Cube starting mining in December: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/931f591bb7 -> returns 1.3X investment
(for comparison's sake) CoinTerra T. IV starting mining in March: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/a02256b23a -> Returns 1.6X investment

There are no ASICminer cubes or KnC Jupiters available for sale out of ebay or preorder (which would never return full investment). The T. IV preorder for March is still open (1st batch is due for jan).
Also -  Cubes went on sale mid november and sold out immediately: Had you purchased Cubes then you might have made 2X investment. But the Jupiter arrived around then too.
As far as I know cointerra does not even have a working asic so it is pointless to compare specs.
Not good enough intel.
Please provide source.
I am 99% sure that is bs.
Not good enough.
Either way the next step for asicminer is switching to gen3 chips. We will probably see a hashrate increase of around ten times the current rate. Maybe more considering each rack I  the immersion cooled datacenter was not filled in the last pictures.
Please admit you have no idea what you are talking about and are pulling those numbers from a dark, dark place.

At 1btc per cube, it is only about half as profitable but if you could pick one up for ~$800 (http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=18635057299) it comes in very close to KNC.

Is cointerra actually hashing? I haven't seen an official statement and would love it if you provided the link.

Also I know KNC is "holding back" orders to give their customers a better return but are any competitors doing the same?

Also for the source of the interview which is reposted weekly:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjI1OTIxMTc2.html

One of our group members in Chinese community had an interview with Friedcat today. Above is the brief introduction of what Friedcat has done and planned to be accomplished in the next months.
To be short:
1. 1000T would be released around Nov 7th. These chips may be sold or deployed, depending on the situation then.
2. 2nd Gen chips have already been developed long time ago. But they were delayed to deploy considering the unsatisfactory performance.
3. 3rd Gen chips were also under development during that period. It is already developed now but still under test. It is expected to become a mature product in Feb 2014, which means its key indicators would be much better than those of its competitors. It is estimated that the network hashing power would be 1000p by 2014, while Friedcat would deliver several hundred of it.
AMuppInTime
Donator

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:56:28 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 02:12:38 AM by pierrejo

You're quoting an interview in a foreign language, when you claimed friedcat's "Own words":
The content is known to have been misinterpreted, and claims within are obviously off (3rd gen already developed? right...)
As far as you requesting quotes, you should try a taste of your own medicine and do your own research instead of "As far as I know / 99% sure / probably"
Edit: CoinTerra isn't hashing yet, but they are planning to next month and do accept CreditCard or Paypal which provides a layer of protection for investment.
jimmothy

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:09:21 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 02:20:22 AM by jimmothy

You're quoting an interview in a foreign language, when you claimed friedcat's "Own words":
The content is known to have been misinterpreted, and claims within are obviously off (3rd gen already developed? right...)
As far as you requesting quotes, you should try a taste of your own medicine and provide them yourself instead of "As far as I know / 99% sure / probably"

An interview in friedcats native language. Nobody including board members from the chinese forums or these have claimed the interview is false. FC has not said anything regarding the interviews illegitimacy and what Friedcat has confirmed goes with exactly what the interview says which is gen3 coming 1st quarter of 2014. 3rd gen may very well have been developed who knows. I am sure BFL "developed" their asics 2 years ago.

So again has any other competitor besides KNC stopped shipping to provide better profits?

And where is the official statement from cointerra stating they are hashing? I couldn't find it and surely this would be huge news. But I did find that they missed nearly every deadline by a huge margin. Looking like first shipments are going to be jan at the earliest. Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a BFL and took 6 months and refuse to refund preorders.
AMuppInTime
Donator

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:19:59 AM

An interview in friedcats native language. Nobody including board members from the chinese forums or these have claimed the interview is false. FC has not said anything regarding the interviews illegitimacy and what Friedcat has confirmed goes with exactly what the interview says which is gen3 coming 1st quarter of 2014. 3rd gen may very well have been developed who knows. I am sure BFL "developed" their asics 2 years ago.

So again has any other competitor besides KNC stopped shipping to provide better profits?

Many folks have argued about the legitimacy of the translation / interpretation: It's quite the subject if you go back and dwell through the pages. I agree that I'd like to hear an "official" statement on the current plans though.
I was merely pointing out that most of your "info" is conveniently distorted.
jimmothy

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:24:07 AM

Many folks have argued about the legitimacy of the translation / interpretation: It's quite the subject if you go back and dwell through the pages. I agree that I'd like to hear an "official" statement on the current plans though.
I was merely pointing out that most of your "info" is conveniently distorted.

Most of the info in the interview is speculative which is why you wont hear an official statement. FC has come through on just about every promise he made to this point so it is understandable he would want to only make official statements he can deliver on. I am sure if FC wanted he could imaginate some specs/prices for gen3 hardware equivalent to knc/cointerras preorders. However history has shown us that avoiding the preorder route is the way to go.

I still would love to know the answer to these questions:

Has any other competitor besides KNC stopped shipping to provide better profits?

Where is the official statement from cointerra stating they are hashing?

But again preorders don't mean diddly squat as BFL taught us.
AMuppInTime
Donator

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:35:52 AM

I still would love to know the answer to these questions:

Has any other competitor besides KNC stopped shipping to provide better profits?
Where is the official statement from cointerra stating they are hashing?
But again preorders don't mean diddly squat as BFL taught us.
Well then maybe you should start looking for answers? It's called "research". You shoud try it.
OneMINER

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:33:10 AM

This is pretty obviously an attempt to hijack this thread. I think this is off topic and we should have our arguments about other companies and manufacturers elsewhere. I suggest we ignore or stop responding to off topic posts.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:25:08 AM

As I said in the other thread...

PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE TROLL

jimmothy is a known troll
, he was already busy polluting the Havelock IPO thread again with his nonsense arguments and apparent reading comprehension: that's just plain old trolling.

Just click the ignore button and let the sane speculations go on.

Internet grows, the rules are still the same as 15 years ago: do not feed the trolls.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Pages: « 1 ... 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 [790] 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: