Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 [792] 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916327 times)
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:45:09 PM

Update

Next Gen Chips
The projected time of taping out of Gen3 is January 20. Power consumption target estimation is <0.2W per G on low power mode and <0.2$ per G on wafer cost. Please notice that the timeline is of course subject to change/adjust, and the estimation on power and cost is also based on software tool/simulation results.

Can anyone estimate after tape out , how much time will pass until chips are hashing in AM farm?

I know KNC said on July 30, 2013, that they did a tape out a some time ago, but they deliver the final product only October so i believe there are at least 3 months from tape out to hashing.

Please tell me if I'm mistaken, but we will see gen3 chips hashing and of April, beginning of May. Assuming everything goes smooth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:11:17 PM

Can anyone estimate after tape out , how much time will pass until chips are hashing in AM farm?

I know KNC said on July 30, 2013, that they did a tape out a some time ago, but they deliver the final product only October so i believe there are at least 3 months from tape out to hashing.

Please tell me if I'm mistaken, but we will see gen3 chips hashing and of April, beginning of May. Assuming everything goes smooth.

2-3 months should be considered a realistic minimum between tape out and deployment for normal production runs (ie without paying extra for hotlots) and assuming no serious issues anywhere with either design or supply chain. Hot lots might shave a few weeks off that, but reality usually adds more.

OTOH, if this chip will be 20nm like KnC's latest announcement, it might be considerbly longer. 20nm mask creation is slower due to the need for double patterning, and the whole process is still very new and not as well understood as mature processes. For a 20nm product anything before early Q3 seems extremely optimistic to me. (That also applies to KnC, Im not buying their Q1/2 claims).

FWIW.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:18:11 PM

I'm wondering what AM can do to "fill the void" before Gen3 in March or more likely April?

They've done 1D (USB stick) ,2D (blades), and 3D (cubes) to keep the income coming in with old technology. What's next? More cubes or .... something in 4D perhaps? 4th dimension is time right, so the solution is obviously a time machine to travel 4 months forward to April and get the Gen3 chips populating their lovely new wet datacenter  Grin

If anyone has any sensible suggestions for how AM will fill the 4-month void, love to hear them.

Would put it forward as a question to AM but questions to AM end up in the void as well unfortunately ......  
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:45:53 PM

Hopefully they are setting up the spaces for Gen3.  Gen1 ran into the issue of us having the hardware but no place to put it, this is one of the reasons (I believe) franchising and sales started.

With more lead time, and some experience under the belt, I would imagine we are accounting for this.

Or in other words... it is going to be a long 3 months.

ThunderSheep

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

The sheep who walks through walls.

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:32:35 PM

I'm wondering what AM can do to "fill the void" before Gen3 in March or more likely April?

They've done 1D (USB stick) ,2D (blades), and 3D (cubes) to keep the income coming in with old technology. What's next? More cubes or .... something in 4D perhaps? 4th dimension is time right, so the solution is obviously a time machine to travel 4 months forward to April and get the Gen3 chips populating their lovely new wet datacenter  Grin

If anyone has any sensible suggestions for how AM will fill the 4-month void, love to hear them.

Would put it forward as a question to AM but questions to AM end up in the void as well unfortunately ......  

If you guys get a reasonable list of such unanswered questions together, I'd be glad to present them to FC.

This has been the case since the first poll.

Going over the posts since the last official update on November 22, I've compiled the following list.

• When can we expect an official public relations appointment and what channels will be used to announce information?
  • What is the size of the first Gen 3 deployment and when is it expected?
  • How will Gen 3 be divided between mining, franchising and hardware sales?
  • What process size does Gen 3 use?
  • What will happen after all cubes are sold?  Will there be anything coming between now and the first Gen 3 deployment?
  • Have dividends been paid out to shareholders for the cube sales yet?

That question has already been submitted to Friedcat by ThickAsThieves.  Personally, I'm quite interested to know the answer to this, as well.

Edit: I don't expect to receive an answer before the regular update on the 22nd or 23rd of the month.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:25:01 PM

If you guys get a reasonable list of such unanswered questions together, I'd be glad to present them to FC.

This has been the case since the first poll.

Going over the posts since the last official update on November 22, I've compiled the following list.

• When can we expect an official public relations appointment and what channels will be used to announce information?
  • What is the size of the first Gen 3 deployment and when is it expected?
  • How will Gen 3 be divided between mining, franchising and hardware sales?
  • What process size does Gen 3 use?
  • What will happen after all cubes are sold?  Will there be anything coming between now and the first Gen 3 deployment?
  • Have dividends been paid out to shareholders for the cube sales yet?

That question has already been submitted to Friedcat by ThickAsThieves.  Personally, I'm quite interested to know the answer to this, as well.

Edit: I don't expect to receive an answer before the regular update on the 22nd or 23rd of the month.

The questions were all fielded by Friedcat and he knows how he wants to answer.

Still awaiting his post though.
FWGR

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:49:28 PM

Update

PR & Communications
We understand that transparency and communication to shareholders and the public needs improvement. We are in the process of identifying a dedicated employee for this. We will issue bi-weekly reports for shareholders and improve response time for questions.

Has somebody been designated for this position yet? When can we expect these bi-weekly reports to begin?
ThunderSheep

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:20:15 PM

Have a look at the post immediately above yours.
FWGR

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:25:12 PM

Have a look at the post immediately above yours.

No, that's just what they'd be expecting us to do.

My bad, sorry.
ThunderSheep

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:39:42 PM

Lol.  No worries.

I hope the PR appointee knows better than to use terms like bi-weekly.  That's just going to lead to confusion amongst the shareholders about whether updates should be every two weeks or twice a week.  Only in the world of Bitcoin would I expect that to be a problem.  Personally, I'd like to see Jutarul get the job.  Even when things are most heated and the attacks get personal, he or she always posts calmly and rationally and the posts are clear and intelligent.
FWGR

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:53:38 PM

Well, as long as they abide by it that's fine.  Bi-weekly would have made last Friday, the 6th, the date that an update should be posted.  I was actually taking that into consideration while making trades, which is why I wish they'd stick to the numbers with updates when they use terms like that.  That said, I am pretty embarrassed that I didn't notice that question on the list above my post. 
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:45:39 PM

I think they're stuck with the tech they've got until April. I recall reading something ages ago that their own cost to manufacture was something like $10K/TH. If we assume an average price of $500/btc over the next few months and plug the numbers in that's a manufacturing cost of 0.02btc/GH. Perhaps that manufacturing cost is wrong or perhaps they put in a big order and got a volume discount, but I don't think there's a lot of margin left in the current tech if the Cube is priced at ~0.06btc/GH.

Hopefully they've already withheld enough profits that their NRE costs for Gen 3 are covered as I don't see huge profits ahead in the next few months.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
vortex1878

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:07:50 AM

Apart from that your calculations are wrong everywhere (no I don't care to give details as just everything is wrong) - I cannot believe you actually ask the question if AM really kept enough BTC to cover future costs. Did you see the financial report? Rhetorical question.

I was used to a much higher quality of your posts. Do you try to buy in cheap with such a pathetic approach? FUD galore...

I think they're stuck with the tech they've got until April. I recall reading something ages ago that their own cost to manufacture was something like $10K/TH. If we assume an average price of $500/btc over the next few months and plug the numbers in that's a manufacturing cost of 0.02btc/GH. Perhaps that manufacturing cost is wrong or perhaps they put in a big order and got a volume discount, but I don't think there's a lot of margin left in the current tech if the Cube is priced at ~0.06btc/GH.

Hopefully they've already withheld enough profits that their NRE costs for Gen 3 are covered as I don't see huge profits ahead in the next few months.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:54:45 AM

Apart from that your calculations are wrong everywhere (no I don't care to give details as just everything is wrong) - I cannot believe you actually ask the question if AM really kept enough BTC to cover future costs. Did you see the financial report? Rhetorical question.

I was used to a much higher quality of your posts. Do you try to buy in cheap with such a pathetic approach? FUD galore...

I'm not here for public adulation, so tell me, do you disagree with my conclusion, i.e., tiny profits December-April? If you do, I'd love to hear your argument.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:35:33 AM

Lol.  No worries.

I hope the PR appointee knows better than to use terms like bi-weekly.  That's just going to lead to confusion amongst the shareholders about whether updates should be every two weeks or twice a week.  Only in the world of Bitcoin would I expect that to be a problem.  Personally, I'd like to see Jutarul get the job.  Even when things are most heated and the attacks get personal, he or she always posts calmly and rationally and the posts are clear and intelligent.

By "bi-weekly" FC definitely meant "every 2 weeks" but yes, it is ambiguous phrasing for sure.

I expect the PR appointee to be someone fluent in Chinese and English, and work within the AM organization itself. Just hope FC can find the time to find someone  Wink
Blockhead

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:31:34 AM

I believe bi-weekly means once every two weeks.  If it were going to be twice per week that would be semi-weekly.  Sorry for bringing it up, though.   Undecided
vortex1878

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:10:36 PM

I do disagree. E.g. we have not received the sales of the Cubes as dividends. That those are held back for future costs I consider highly unlikely - as the bankroll for that is massive already.

So it looks like those sales are held back to be stretched over next dividends. Although I have to say that this would be contradicting friedcat's previous statement that income will not be held back (other than to cover future cost) as he leaves it up to the shareholders to decide what to do with their BTC.

I'm not here for public adulation, so tell me, do you disagree with my conclusion, i.e., tiny profits December-April? If you do, I'd love to hear your argument.
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:10:31 PM

I not sure if this where I should be posting this...

does ASICMiner/friedcat have any plans to produce another USB miner (gen 3).??

We really need ASICMiner to show the world how it's done. 

just one more time at least, everyone's screaming for more USB miners.  And you'll make a pretty penny out of it guaranteed   Wink
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:24:14 PM

I not sure if this where I should be posting this...

does ASICMiner/friedcat have any plans to produce another USB miner (gen 3).??

We really need ASICMiner to show the world how it's done. 

just one more time at least, everyone's screaming for more USB miners.  And you'll make a pretty penny out of it guaranteed   Wink

No one knows for sure (except for FC or maybe board members)
But I think it's a rather safe bet to expect a new generation of USB miners to hit the shelves some time in March-May next year. From the estimated/simulated chip specs I expect them to achieve about 35 GH/s.
But keep in mind this is pure speculation based on vague announcements made by FC.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
btclvr

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:37:19 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 05:52:47 PM by btclvr

Would friedcat help seize the shares that TradeFortress is trying to steal from his BTCINVEST investors and at least start diverting dividends elsewhere?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135157.msg3892070#msg3892070
Pages: « 1 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 [792] 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: