Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:21:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916342 times)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:17:27 PM

I not sure if this where I should be posting this...

does ASICMiner/friedcat have any plans to produce another USB miner (gen 3).??

We really need ASICMiner to show the world how it's done. 

just one more time at least, everyone's screaming for more USB miners.  And you'll make a pretty penny out of it guaranteed   Wink

No one knows for sure (except for FC or maybe board members)
But I think it's a rather safe bet to expect a new generation of USB miners to hit the shelves some time in March-May next year. From the estimated/simulated chip specs I expect them to achieve about 35 GH/s.
But keep in mind this is pure speculation based on vague announcements made by FC.

thanks for that little bit of hope, even it it's speculation. 

any board members that read this... tell friedcat we need them yesterday...!

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:49:24 PM

I think that dividend day would be a great day to address the shareholders about what is up. I am anxiously awaiting the news of this best mining company in the world.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:33:11 PM

I think that dividend day would be a great day to address the shareholders about what is up. I am anxiously awaiting the news of this best mining company in the world.

I think any time would be good to address the obvious questions that have been hanging out there for a while now.  If we are to believe in AM, which means with our BTC/cash, they need to give us something to believe in.  The KNC'ers are dropping $10/$13k a pop on Neptunes that may not be out until the end of H2 2014, but then again KNC shipped a realistic second batch with improved stats and not the AM Mini-Single that we saw for the cube. 

Having zero product come out between now and March at the earliest would be terrifying since AM essentially hasn't done anything new since the BE's and Blades, and a stagnant company does not inspire trust or make people want to hold their cash as other hardware is going to come available between then and now.
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:55:46 PM

that one hell of a wall on Havelock
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:00:24 PM

that one hell of a wall on Havelock

Wow, that along with all the big buys yesterday... Is someone manipulating or does someone know something?
ThePanCakeKid95

Activity: 418

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:15:35 PM

I'm doing research for a video, does anyone know how you would buy one of these Asicminer Cubes?
vortex1878

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:20:53 PM

I'm doing research for a video, does anyone know how you would buy one of these Asicminer Cubes?

Sold out afaik.
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:28:17 PM

I thought they were sold out but it appears that you can still obtain some though https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=44.0 - check the groupbuys section.
Resellers I am aware of who dabble with cubes: canaryinthemines & crazyguy.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:09:57 AM

I do disagree. E.g. we have not received the sales of the Cubes as dividends. That those are held back for future costs I consider highly unlikely - as the bankroll for that is massive already.

So it looks like those sales are held back to be stretched over next dividends. Although I have to say that this would be contradicting friedcat's previous statement that income will not be held back (other than to cover future cost) as he leaves it up to the shareholders to decide what to do with their BTC.

Apart from that your calculations are wrong everywhere (no I don't care to give details as just everything is wrong) - I cannot believe you actually ask the question if AM really kept enough BTC to cover future costs. Did you see the financial report? Rhetorical question.

I was used to a much higher quality of your posts. Do you try to buy in cheap with such a pathetic approach? FUD galore...

I'm wondering what AM can do to "fill the void" before Gen3 in March or more likely April?

They've done 1D (USB stick) ,2D (blades), and 3D (cubes) to keep the income coming in with old technology. What's next? More cubes or .... something in 4D perhaps? 4th dimension is time right, so the solution is obviously a time machine to travel 4 months forward to April and get the Gen3 chips populating their lovely new wet datacenter  Grin

If anyone has any sensible suggestions for how AM will fill the 4-month void, love to hear them.

Would put it forward as a question to AM but questions to AM end up in the void as well unfortunately ......  

I think they're stuck with the tech they've got until April. I recall reading something ages ago that their own cost to manufacture was something like $10K/TH. If we assume an average price of $500/btc over the next few months and plug the numbers in that's a manufacturing cost of 0.02btc/GH. Perhaps that manufacturing cost is wrong or perhaps they put in a big order and got a volume discount, but I don't think there's a lot of margin left in the current tech if the Cube is priced at ~0.06btc/GH.

Hopefully they've already withheld enough profits that their NRE costs for Gen 3 are covered as I don't see huge profits ahead in the next few months.

I'm not here for public adulation, so tell me, do you disagree with my conclusion, i.e., tiny profits December-April? If you do, I'd love to hear your argument.

I don't think Cube dividends are being held back to stretch over future dividends because:
1) As you say, FC said he wouldn't do that.
2) You can't stretch that cube income for more than a month anyway to make any noticeable difference to dividends. FC needs to pull a rabbit out of his magical hat and stretch dividend for about 4 months.

So I think its this week or never for cube dividends
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:06:19 AM

Answers to Recent Questions of Shareholders' Concern

- When can we expect an official public relations appointment and what channels will be used to announce information?
  Still no dedicated full-time PR employee yet, since existing people in the company can only do it part-time, and knowing internals about the company business and arrangements poses requirements on some kind of loyalty for new employees, therefore we are still looking for the right people. Before that my collegues and I will keep updating information. The channel will still be forums from the start.

- What is the size of the first Gen 3 deployment and when is it expected?
  It depends on if there are any external orders for the first Gen 3 deployment and the final performance when the chips are out. From 2P to 20P are possible.

- How will Gen 3 be divided between mining, franchising and hardware sales?
  It depends on the users of our chips. It is a safe bet that we will be moving more to pure chip distribution. But if the edge of low cost on whole devices and deploying still exists in 2014 on our side, we will do more mining/franchising/hardware sales ourselves.

- What process size does Gen 3 use?
  40nm. Anything below that and taking the same optimization way as ours will consume too much time before taping out.

- What will happen after all cubes are sold? Will there be anything coming between now and the first Gen 3 deployment?
  During pre-production and production of the Gen3, most of our time will be spent on negotiating large chip orders (from us) and locating large-scale mining farm operations.

- Have dividends been paid out to shareholders for the cube sales yet?
  Yes. But fiat payments are not exchanged for Bitcoins yet and kept as company funds.

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:22:27 AM

- When can we expect an official public relations appointment and what channels will be used to announce information?
  Still no dedicated full-time PR employee yet, since existing people in the company can only do it part-time, and knowing internals about the company business and arrangements poses requirements on some kind of loyalty for new employees, therefore we are still looking for the right people. Before that my collegues and I will keep updating information. The channel will still be forums from the start.

It depends on if there are any external orders for the first Gen 3 deployment and the final performance when the chips are out. From 2P to 20P are possible.

It depends on the users of our chips. It is a safe bet that we will be moving more to pure chip distribution. But if the edge of low cost on whole devices and deploying still exists in 2014 on our side, we will do more mining/franchising/hardware sales ourselves.

40nm. Anything below that and taking the same optimization way as ours will consume too much time before taping out.

- What will happen after all cubes are sold? Will there be anything coming between now and the first Gen 3 deployment?
  During pre-production and production of the Gen3, most of our time will be spent on negotiating large chip orders (from us) and locating large-scale mining farm operations.

Yes. But fiat payments are not exchanged for Bitcoins yet and kept as company funds.

The cat has spoken, Now wait till feb.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:24:12 AM

Thanks for the update. Good and bad news:

Bad news
-----------
1) (Very) Fuzzy on launch date
2) Cube sales paid out already
3) Nothing between now and Gen3 launch to augment mining sales = terrible dividends for a while
4) (To some) 40nm technology (though I don't give a hoot)
5) No dedicated PR person ... still

Good news
-----------
2P to 20P deployment. That has to guarantee at least 10% of the total hashrate right?

For my money, the good news outweighs the bad news, but I'm hoping lots of people don't see it that way and bail out  Grin
BitHub

Activity: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:24:37 AM

this is terrible news, expecting below ipo prices very soon. its over.
BitHub

Activity: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:25:33 AM

you would think with the amount of money asicminer makes they could afford 1 person full time to do the PR work. Just greed and being tight ass
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:25:43 AM

Thanks for the update, I have been receiving a bunch of messages from the press asking how to contact AM so having a dedicated Contact Person seems like a very useful idea Smiley.

Keep at the development

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
vortex1878

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:26:55 AM

you would think with the amount of money asicminer makes they could afford 1 person full time to do the PR work. Just greed and being tight ass

this is terrible news, expecting below ipo prices very soon. its over.

Haha. Nice try.  Cheesy
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 05:36:49 AM

Assuming the hash rate keeps growing at 100% per month (I'm not saying it will, but it has been doing that pretty reliably lately), the network will be at 80-160 PH in May of 2014.

So, 10 PH would put AM in the ballpark of 10% of the network (more if they deploy earlier, less if they deploy later).

Of course, the network hash rate could start leveling out earlier, but if bitcoins stay above $1000 USD then the price of electricity won't be a factor for a while yet.

If I was friedcat, I might lean towards the 20 PH side of "2 to 20 PH"...
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:40:41 AM

Bad news
-----------
3) Nothing between now and Gen3 launch to augment mining sales = terrible dividends for a while

Good news
-----------
2P to 20P deployment. That has to guarantee at least 10% of the total hashrate right?

For my money, the good news outweighs the bad news, but I'm hoping lots of people don't see it that way and bail out  Grin

Fair summary.

fc stressed that their emphasis is rightly going to be on Gen 3. That does portend some low divs ahead, so rightly or wrongly I think you will get your wish about the share price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:10:25 AM

Bad news
-----------

Good news
-----------

For my money, the good news outweighs the bad news, but I'm hoping lots of people don't see it that way and bail out  Grin

Fair summary.

fc stressed that their emphasis is rightly going to be on Gen 3. That does portend some low divs ahead, so rightly or wrongly I think you will get your wish about the share price.

Here's hoping  Smiley I just can't believe some people won't bail when the divs get much lower ... and they will get much lower and for an extended period. How much lower the share price goes just depends on how many people can see the "long game" vs the "1-week brigade"
vortex1878

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:16:04 AM

Already priced in that ridiculously low shareprice. That's why prices go up.
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: