Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916410 times)
Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:41:25 PM

AM seems to have used their vast cash reserves to become the first user of this new, highly efficient immersion cooling system. Combined with AM's new Gen3 chips, they'll have an extremely efficient bitcoin mining operation from the chips all the way to large scale cooling.

yes thx i get that, but is THIS immersion cooled data center (which seems to be located in hong kong) actually one of AM with Gen1 chips running in?

IIRC from what I read in this thread, this is for the upcoming chips only. Strange that in the video it looks like there are boards running. I could be wrong.
bambou

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:45:29 PM

AM seems to have used their vast cash reserves to become the first user of this new, highly efficient immersion cooling system. Combined with AM's new Gen3 chips, they'll have an extremely efficient bitcoin mining operation from the chips all the way to large scale cooling.

yes thx i get that, but is THIS immersion cooled data center (which seems to be located in hong kong) actually one of AM with Gen1 chips running in?

IIRC from what I read in this thread, this is for the upcoming chips only. Strange that in the video it looks like there are boards running. I could be wrong.

thats exaclty my concern, i cant find any confirmation on what exactly is running in these containers and who owns them (there is also lots of pictures of that same container yet no one said to whom their belong nor what was inside)

Non inultus premor
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:49:45 PM

I think AM is using this immersion cooled data center with gen1 chips. Friedcat, 09 October 2013, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg3307606#msg3307606
Air cooling datacenter - 47TH/s
Under franchising - 19TH/s
Immersion cooling - 5TH/s with 3-5TH/s per day towards 60TH/s in total.
bambou

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:55:01 PM

I think AM is using this immersion cooled data center with gen1 chips. Friedcat, 09 October 2013, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg3307606#msg3307606
Air cooling datacenter - 47TH/s
Under franchising - 19TH/s
Immersion cooling - 5TH/s with 3-5TH/s per day towards 60TH/s in total.

i see.. thx!

Non inultus premor
discobean

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:38:20 PM

Immersion cooling was a brilliant idea.  Instead of buying boxes and racking, just get a container shipped pre-plumbed.  Give it few hundred kW of power and you are set.

If it works out for them its world-wide scale at its best. - Good luck FC!
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:42:32 AM

I know the latest news from friedcat aren't 2 days old yet and most of us are still quite happy and relieved, but let's not stop here! The board meeting has yet to take place and although most of our questions have indirectly been answered in friedcat's announcement, we have the chance to submit an updated list of questions to friedcat. Again, theres no telling whether friedcat is going to address even a single question we ask, but I think we should just give it a shot! Some questions are quite intriguing, but I guess friedcat knows how much he can make public.

The list I've just submitted to Jutarul (Thank you!), who's trying his best to get it through:

• What is the order of magnitude of 3rd generation chips ASICMiner anticipates to sell (total / first batch / first 3 months)?
  • In the new chips announcement, friedcat stated that the chip prices will be based in USD. A rising BTC price would thus mean lower dividends - since less BTC to pay the dividends can be bought from the incoming payments. What happens when the BTC price - for example - doubles, will the price of the chips be adjusted accordingly?
  • A continuation of mining would be an excellent hedge against a rising price of BTC if done by a company with access to chips at almost zero cost - like ASICMiner. How probable is a continuation of mining done directly by ASICMiner (or franchisees) and how will this be decided?
  • What is the currently anticipated long-term strategy for ASICMiner after the 3rd generation?
  • What is the status and capacity of the immersion-cooling data center, and will it house some of the 3rd generation hardware used for mining?

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:46:50 AM

I know the latest news from friedcat aren't 2 days old yet and most of us are still quite happy and relieved, but let's not stop here! The board meeting has yet to take place and although most of our questions have indirectly been answered in friedcat's announcement, we have the chance to submit an updated list of questions to friedcat. Again, theres no telling whether friedcat is going to address even a single question we ask, but I think we should just give it a shot! Some questions are quite intriguing, but I guess friedcat knows how much he can make public.

The list I've just submitted to Jutarul (Thank you!), who's trying his best to get it through:

• What is the order of magnitude of 3rd generation chips ASICMiner anticipates to sell (total / first batch / first 3 months)?
  • In the new chips announcement, friedcat stated that the chip prices will be based in USD. A rising BTC price would thus mean lower dividends - since less BTC to pay the dividends can be bought from the incoming payments. What happens when the BTC price - for example - doubles, will the price of the chips be adjusted accordingly?
  • A continuation of mining would be an excellent hedge against a rising price of BTC if done by a company with access to chips at almost zero cost - like ASICMiner. How probable is a continuation of mining done directly by ASICMiner (or franchisees) and how will this be decided?
  • What is the currently anticipated long-term strategy for ASICMiner after the 3rd generation?
  • What is the status and capacity of the immersion-cooling data center, and will it house some of the 3rd generation hardware used for mining?
Plan 1: World Domination. Plan 2: World Domination. Plan 3: see plans 1 & 2.  Grin
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:05:37 AM

I would like to know more about the immersion cooling and what part of this technology "we" own.  I can imagine that there will be big players THIS year who will want bitcoins, but till we work out fungibility, most businesses are going to want "clean" coins, and what better way to do this then mine them yourself.  The shipping container liquid cooling system WILL be popular with large institutions with lots of money.  And hell, if in the future some other coin takes over, this cooling system will STILL be useful.

Does AM have any of the IP on this system?  Would AM supply the mining and AC supply the cooling and rack system and then they sell it together?  How does that work?

These shipping container units are going to be where our REAL profits come from, and I want to know more about them!

willBTC

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:09:46 AM

Good questions !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ASICMINERTUBE
         The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far              Discover now!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:13:39 AM

Excellent, I'd just add one, if I may:

• How many shares did you buy back after you willingly let them drop to <0.5?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:36:11 AM

Moreover, think a second about how those who panic sold feel about this late announcement. If we don't press AM to improve PR, we may be the next victims.

If you panic sold because an announcement was a few days late then you should not be trading securities and should have never bought that stock. Weak hands always lose when they let others change their opinions without evaluating the security on its own merits.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:18:02 AM

I can answer that one for you: none.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:24:56 AM

I would like to know more about the immersion cooling and what part of this technology "we" own.  I can imagine that there will be big players THIS year who will want bitcoins, but till we work out fungibility, most businesses are going to want "clean" coins, and what better way to do this then mine them yourself.  The shipping container liquid cooling system WILL be popular with large institutions with lots of money.  And hell, if in the future some other coin takes over, this cooling system will STILL be useful.

Does AM have any of the IP on this system?  Would AM supply the mining and AC supply the cooling and rack system and then they sell it together?  How does that work?

These shipping container units are going to be where our REAL profits come from, and I want to know more about them!

+1

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:13:52 AM

+1

+1 - great question. We've all seen the glossy photos, but know nothing of what value, if any, this technology adds to AM
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:17:32 AM

I believe this is called "leading question" or "question with supposition".  Smiley
... Have you stopped beating your younger brother already? (Answer Yes or No)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:36:34 AM

I believe this is called "leading question" or "question with supposition".  Smiley
... Have you stopped beating your younger brother already? (Answer Yes or No)

its TaT who runs the stocks on Havelock. Better ask him about that. but i'd guess he pretty much enjoyed interfering with the price. why wouldnt he anyway? thats where the fun is when u already are FULL on shares. ^^
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:20:58 PM

thats exaclty my concern, i cant find any confirmation on what exactly is running in these containers and who owns them (there is also lots of pictures of that same container yet no one said to whom their belong nor what was inside)

It is an AM facility / prototype: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346134.0
blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

i just hope we see some better divs in the near future.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:37:58 PM

I have said this before, but It may be worth saying again.  Friedcat has said before he does not like saving funds to pay out over time, if he has money... he pays it out in divs besides what he keeps for development.  With most of future profits being from chip sales, and the people who will order the bulk of the chips will be ordering in large batches, I imagine the div is going to be hard and fast, and then back to next to nothing.

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:24:20 AM

Just to lighten the mood: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=443108.0
Pages: « 1 ... 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: