Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:10:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916343 times)
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7991

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:17:24 AM

Why not just keep pumping the money back into the company and receive yearly dividends every Christmas? I'm all for it Smiley keep the funds FC, make it a fatter payout at the end of the year for us lol

I actually wouldn't mind this either.  I'd like to see FC diversify a bit and start a holdings unit as a second line of business just to give us some wiggle room and stabilize prices.  What's your take on that Friedcat Buffett?

They need better customer service. Transfer of shares took 9 days last time, now transferring to havelock, which will take who knows how long. This is why they need the shares to be on havelock or counterparty, or figure out a way to make it easier for investors to trade holdings.

And dividends are a must, this is a crypto stock, very high risk. If they can't pay a decent dividend, the price should be much lower than it is even now.

A week and a half is not long at all for transferring shares.

Stocks are leading indicators not lagging.

Stock market returns are leading indicators.  Thankfully, they are not always accurate.  Let's hope they are not accurate in the case of Asicminer shares.

I don't know about that.  AM has returned multiple times the IPO price per share in the first year.   That seems a pretty good indication.  On what scale do you find that to be a bad indication?

On a scale of 4 to 0.2 I'd have to say...

The return of multiple IPO price was a long time ago and was fuelled by speculation.  Sure we got some dividends but we don't mine anymore.  Now we rely on outside expertise to make our chips into something useable.  Yeah all I can see are bulls and roses.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:33:51 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 05:45:17 AM by bitcoin.newsfeed

The return of multiple IPO price was a long time ago and was fuelled by speculation.  Sure we got some dividends but we don't mine anymore.  Now we rely on outside expertise to make our chips into something useable.  Yeah all I can see are bulls and roses.

Actually ASICminer IS mining for last 8 months

Self-retained (not sold) Hashrate distribution:

Air cooling datacenter - 47TH/s
Under franchising - 19TH/s
Immersion cooling - 5TH/s with 3-5TH/s per day towards 60TH/s in total.

also we have seen video showing us immersion mining farm and also photos of many un-populated rows waiting only for gen3 chips months ago. We have gen3 chips for months now. The question is, FOR WHO are ASICminer's farms mining ? Where are BTCs mined in ASICminer farms ? Why mined bitcoins are not distributed in form of dividends back to shareholders ? And why shareholders dont have access to public hash meter ? ? ? <<< I think I'll include something like this in next round of shareholders questions

@jimmothy & freedomno1 : Good points, please formulate your questions

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
stompysteve

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:20:34 PM

The return of multiple IPO price was a long time ago and was fuelled by speculation.  Sure we got some dividends but we don't mine anymore.  Now we rely on outside expertise to make our chips into something useable.  Yeah all I can see are bulls and roses.

Actually ASICminer IS mining for last 8 months

Self-retained (not sold) Hashrate distribution:

Air cooling datacenter - 47TH/s
Under franchising - 19TH/s
Immersion cooling - 5TH/s with 3-5TH/s per day towards 60TH/s in total.

also we have seen video showing us immersion mining farm and also photos of many un-populated rows waiting only for gen3 chips months ago. We have gen3 chips for months now. The question is, FOR WHO are ASICminer's farms mining ? Where are BTCs mined in ASICminer farms ? Why mined bitcoins are not distributed in form of dividends back to shareholders ? And why shareholders dont have access to public hash meter ? ? ? <<< I think I'll include something like this in next round of shareholders questions

@jimmothy & freedomno1 : Good points, please formulate your questions
Yea maybe this was around the time I still had my video cards mining......they have not been used in a long long time
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:35:05 AM

Why not just keep pumping the money back into the company and receive yearly dividends every Christmas? I'm all for it Smiley keep the funds FC, make it a fatter payout at the end of the year for us lol

I actually wouldn't mind this either.  I'd like to see FC diversify a bit and start a holdings unit as a second line of business just to give us some wiggle room and stabilize prices.  What's your take on that Friedcat Buffett?

They need better customer service. Transfer of shares took 9 days last time, now transferring to havelock, which will take who knows how long. This is why they need the shares to be on havelock or counterparty, or figure out a way to make it easier for investors to trade holdings.

And dividends are a must, this is a crypto stock, very high risk. If they can't pay a decent dividend, the price should be much lower than it is even now.

Stock market returns are leading indicators.  Thankfully, they are not always accurate.  Let's hope they are not accurate in the case of Asicminer shares.

I don't know about that.  AM has returned multiple times the IPO price per share in the first year.   That seems a pretty good indication.  On what scale do you find that to be a bad indication?

The return of multiple IPO price was a long time ago and was fuelled by speculation.  Sure we got some dividends but we don't mine anymore.  Now we rely on outside expertise to make our chips into something useable.  Yeah all I can see are bulls and roses.

When we talk about return of IPO price we are talking about the dividends paid out to shareholders over the lifetime of the company which has been more than the .1 BTC IPO Price. Were Not talking about the speculation ramp up that occurred last summer. If you sold your shares right now they would return 2 times the IPO price by your logic.
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:13:39 AM

Previous bullish me is becoming bearish about fc's 'i won't give a fuck' attitude.

I am tempted to make the company's (havelock-)value go down below IPO. I mean... enough is enough.

Cashflow must be positive for quite some time already. And yeah yeah... reinvestment, having to convert to BTC....

I am used to Arab and Subcontinental attitude. I also dealt a lot with Japanese. But never with Chinese, if I could avoid it. I am beginning to think that was for a reason.

Communicate ffs..!!!

I am feeling pretty cheap but cannot help it: Where are our dividends? Where are the revenues from self-mining with Gen3? Are you not able to deploy the millions of Gen3 chips we all paid for for self-mining, nor for sale!?
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:50:22 AM

When we talk about return of IPO price we are talking about the dividends paid out to shareholders over the lifetime of the company which has been more than the .1 BTC IPO Price. Were Not talking about the speculation ramp up that occurred last summer. If you sold your shares right now they would return 2 times the IPO price by your logic.

That's not my logic.  I'm not sure how you get that from what I wrote.
I don't believe we can have a logical discussion about return on a share of AM without consideration for the share value except at IPO.
You're telling me that we did well at the beginning so that's a good indication for the future when the company has made some serious changes in direction.  We aren't building miners anymore - the big money is in manufacturing and selling miners and mining the Bitcoins.  Having strayed so far from the formula that made the initial returns I can't see getting my investment back even if I buy in now to lower my average buy price.  I believe it would be throwing good money after bad at this point.  That's part logic and part emotion.

arousedrhino

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:35:24 AM

I don't believe we can have a logical discussion about return on a share of AM without consideration for the share value except at IPO.
You're telling me that we did well at the beginning so that's a good indication for the future when the company has made some serious changes in direction.  We aren't building miners anymore - the big money is in manufacturing and selling miners and mining the Bitcoins.  Having strayed so far from the formula that made the initial returns I can't see getting my investment back even if I buy in now to lower my average buy price.  I believe it would be throwing good money after bad at this point.  That's part logic and part emotion.

In your post you stated:

That statement is not true is all I am pointing out. The return of the IPO price had nothing to do with speculation, it was returned via dividend payments. The stock could have traded at .1 BTC and the IPO price would have been returned via dividend payments.

The high stock price was driven by speculation but that had no effect on the dividends which were paid out that returned the original IPO price and more.

Go discuss the share value all you want, just don't try to imply that a high share price is what paid back the original IPO price, that came from dividends.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:11:57 AM

The Hash rate has really soared over the past month. I hope AM was behind part of this. Can't wait to hear some (hopefully good) news.

EDIT: Havelock shares are down quite a bit (.19) Tempted to buy a few more with some BTC I have lying around. 
bitcoin.newsfeed

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:22:57 AM

Previous bullish me is becoming bearish about fc's 'i won't give a fuck' attitude.

I am tempted to make the company's (havelock-)value go down below IPO. I mean... enough is enough.

Cashflow must be positive for quite some time already. And yeah yeah... reinvestment, having to convert to BTC....

I am used to Arab and Subcontinental attitude. I also dealt a lot with Japanese. But never with Chinese, if I could avoid it. I am beginning to think that was for a reason.

Communicate ffs..!!!

I am feeling pretty cheap but cannot help it: Where are our dividends? Where are the revenues from self-mining with Gen3? Are you not able to deploy the millions of Gen3 chips we all paid for for self-mining, nor for sale!?

+1

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 09:20:56 AM

I'd like to see at least an effort to mine a block, even go back to BTC-Guild and throw a couple PH at good ol' 67117.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:45:08 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 02:09:37 PM by KarmaShark

While I do not have any answers to our questions, some of you do realize we could easily be another 30 days+ before we see anything out of the company? On June 5th FC's update mentioned the close to 60PH that was finishing up production. When asked how long that was from an inventors standpoint, he indicated 1 to 1.5 months from that day to sell everything plus the fiat to BTC conversion.

1.5 months from June 5th puts us around July 20th, a solid month from now. Should the company turn cash flow positive before that date then we may well see a surprise from the FC. Otherwise, a long wait may be in order so that share price can come down as far as it wants to yet. I imagine a sub-IPO price would get FC to post something, seemed to work last time the stock had a heart attack.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:02:58 PM

Btcgarden has sold almost 1ph in a week: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661116.0
arousedrhino

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:06:08 PM

While I do not have any answers to our questions, some of you do realize we could easily be another 30 days+ before we see anything out of the company? On June 5th FC's update mentioned the close to 60PH that was finishing up production. When asked how long that was from an inventory standpoint, he indicated 1 to 1.5 months from that day to sell everything plus the fiat to BTC conversion.

1.5 months from June 5th puts us around July 20th, a solid month from now. Should the company turn cash flow positive before that date then we may well see a surprise from the FC. Otherwise, a long wait may be in order so that share price can come down as far as it wants to yet. I imagine a sub-IPO price would get FC to post something, seemed to work last time the stock had a heart attack.

+1

I can only see the stock price going down over the next 1-2 months until FC posts again give how the shareholders for some reason expect twice monthly updates.
arousedrhino

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:13:26 PM

Communicate ffs..!!!

+1

Nicely done, you and bitcoin.newsfeed will certainly achieve that goal by setting unreasonable expectations on FC's communication which when not met will send the share price down again.

It hasn't been even a month yet and you want him to post again, when has he done that in the past?

Its not the mans job to hand hold shareholders or to communicate with them about every worry they have. I hope he doesn't read this thread on a daily basis, what a waste of time that would be.

Please make the value go below IPO, then we can all just sit back and wait. The stock will have tanked so you can stop worrying then.  That seems like the best course of action. 
tinyfox266

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:19:46 PM

Btcgarden has sold almost 1ph in a week: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661116.0

There are 60p in total planned to be sold, this is only a small portion.
Satan666

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

The love of fiat is the root of all good

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:41:43 PM

There are 60p in total planned to be sold, this is only a small portion.

BTC Garden is just one of AM's customers.  If 10 different customers are able to sell 1 PH per week, then 60 PH will be sold in 6 weeks.
NotLambchop

Merit: 254

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:46:01 PM

Nicely done, you and bitcoin.newsfeed will certainly achieve that goal by setting unreasonable expectations on FC's communication which when not met will send the share price down again.

It hasn't been even a month yet and you want him to post again, when has he done that in the past?

Its not the mans job to hand hold shareholders or to communicate with them about every worry they have. I hope he doesn't read this thread on a daily basis, what a waste of time that would be.

Please make the value go below IPO, then we can all just sit back and wait. The stock will have tanked so you can stop worrying then.  That seems like the best course of action.  

You don't understand how securities work.
The issuer's obligations do not end as soon as (the sum of dividends+market price) exceed (the issue price).  At least not IRL.
IRL publicly traded multimillion-dollar corporations have discovered a way to maintain investor relations without unduly encroaching on the valuable time of the senior executives.
This [yet unpatented] invention is called the PR guy.

On a more conciliatory note, I certainly see why you aren't eager to abandon your "sit back and wait" approach after it has served you so well in Active Mining.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:32:31 PM

In your post you stated:

That statement is not true is all I am pointing out. The return of the IPO price had nothing to do with speculation, it was returned via dividend payments. The stock could have traded at .1 BTC and the IPO price would have been returned via dividend payments.

The high stock price was driven by speculation but that had no effect on the dividends which were paid out that returned the original IPO price and more.

Go discuss the share value all you want, just don't try to imply that a high share price is what paid back the original IPO price, that came from dividends.

I'm sure others are not interested in our inability to understand one another's arguments.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:40:26 PM

godammit here we go again whining and arguing on this sacred thread??!
ffs feel free to sell, otherwise just stfu.
divs shall come soon enough. it hasnt even been a month since last update.
bitcoin isnt going anywhere either. go cry over the wallobserver thread instead.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:47:49 PM

godammit here we go again whining and arguing on this sacred thread??!
ffs feel free to sell, otherwise just stfu.
divs shall come soon enough. it hasnt even been a month since last update.
bitcoin isnt going anywhere either. go cry over the wallobserver thread instead.

The only real concern related to timescale is the rise of BTC price before dividend conversion. 
   May $600 last longer than BE200 stock.  Cheers!
Pages: « 1 ... 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: