Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience BM1384 Project Development Discussion  (Read 146517 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:00:43 AM

Am I the only one whose rate is fixed regardless of consumption, the time of day or month of year? I also don't have any added transmission fees and such that a lot of folks talk about. This applies to both my house and the shop, which have different providers.

It seems to be moving to being the exception any more, as power companies try to maximise their profits while being regulated.
 Might just be that your particular provides actually generate ALL of their own usage, rather than having to rely on importing power from other companies with spare capasity.

I AM more than a bit supprised at the lack of an available "Time of Day" rate though, only usually see that in areas with lots of hydro power available.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:21:15 PM

I didn't actually know that was a thing until talking to folks on here. I've never lived somewhere you couldn't read the meter, subtract last month's reading and multiply by a flat rate to get your bill.
Course I also like that my flat rate is lower than a lot of folks' lowest time-of-day rate.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:08:47 PM

I didn't actually know that was a thing until talking to folks on here. I've never lived somewhere you couldn't read the meter, subtract last month's reading and multiply by a flat rate to get your bill.
Course I also like that my flat rate is lower than a lot of folks' lowest time-of-day rate.

Here in southern California we get another layer of pricing in addition to time of year/time of day - we have usage tiers and as you use more power up to certain milestones each kw/h after that becomes more expensive.  My electricity bill takes complex math to figure out.
PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:53:48 PM

One of the things that has always pissed me off about buying electricity is one never knows "how deep" one is in till the bill comes in.
Doesn't give me any current usage feedback and consequently the ability to trim usage to stay within a budget.

First 5 years I lived in my house I made all my electricity with no grid tie backup.
And did NOT live like "Grizzly Adams" (Big screen TV, Microwave, Surround sound stereo, forced air heat, etc. . .)
Was very apparent when consumption rose above norms.
Electricity cost here has tripled since Dec 2005 (the date I ran in grid power) and am re-visiting generating all my own power again given the current trends.

Pretty sad statement when the end consumer can generate electricity cheaper than multi-billion dollar companies.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
WBF1

Activity: 419

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:56:12 PM

One of the things that has always pissed me off about buying electricity is one never knows "how deep" one is in till the bill comes in.
Doesn't give me any current usage feedback and consequently the ability to trim usage to stay within a budget.

First 5 years I lived in my house I made all my electricity with no grid tie backup.
And did NOT live like "Grizzly Adams" (Big screen TV, Microwave, Surround sound stereo, forced air heat, etc. . .)
Was very apparent when consumption rose above norms.
Electricity cost here has tripled since Dec 2005 (the date I ran in grid power) and am re-visiting generating all my own power again given the current trends.

Pretty sad statement when the end consumer can generate electricity cheaper than multi-billion dollar companies.

There are some realtime usage monitors with Wi-Fi interfaces. http://www.bluelineinnovations.com/features
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:35:50 PM

While doing your own usage measurement is a great idea, there is still some mystery into how the actual bill from the Power Company is derived from that (e.g. fixed costs, taxes, fees, etc).
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

While doing your own usage measurement is a great idea, there is still some mystery into how the actual bill from the Power Company is derived from that (e.g. fixed costs, taxes, fees, etc).

this is true, my power company wont even tell you how much they charge you if you ask them on the phone. the bill has NO price per KWH.. just a value you used, and how much you owe at the bottom.

alh
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:52:47 PM

this is true, my power company wont even tell you how much they charge you if you ask them on the phone. the bill has NO price per KWH.. just a value you used, and how much you owe at the bottom.

Sounds like your Electric Company is trying to adopt a "Health Care Billing" model!  Smiley

You must live in a well educated state where folks compute the rate based on the bill.....
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:58:16 AM

you live in the US  i thought that was against the law, at one time it was that way in Maryland till BGandE started sending out bills that made no sense . then they had to explain what was up then the bills went back down then we got smart meters and some got 1200 bills then the state had to step in again . some law let them do it and they didn't have to answer to anyone at one point till the state wrote in a law that forced them to give up those books. some privacy law let BE and E do what they wanted with smart meters now they have to ask in open hearing for any increases , ask the customers if you want smart meters but with us we had to take it even if we opted out they put them in any way and got away with it for years now there is another law that might be sighed in here BG and E is charging you for not having a smart meter and some are getting pissed off which might happen and the nice thing about that law if it stops that fee, is they have to ask everyone with smart meters if they want them removed or not and BG and E has to foot the bill and eat if it passes but knowing the way they work they will figure out another legal way of getting what prices they want .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 02:44:53 AM

in US?
this is messed up.
I have everything marked on my bill: cost of electricity, cost of transmission, final cost per kwh, taxes, fees, they even give me neat graphs week by week and a comparison with the last year.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:00:26 AM

in US?
this is messed up.
I have everything marked on my bill: cost of electricity, cost of transmission, final cost per kwh, taxes, fees, they even give me neat graphs week by week and a comparison with the last year.

same man i get the some thing . if he does live in the US i don't even know how that state is even able to do that and has no fed law suit against them. im  glad i can see just what my bitcoin miner are using or i can make a nice guess etc but i don't trust smart meter either because this  month i got my bill for five days there is no record but i got charged the usually amount which bros me because some place down the road that might come back to me some how, i just know it .

but my miner will get running I'll  keep watching the bill etc and pay it but have that in the back of my mind .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:27:44 AM

in US?
this is messed up.

same man i get the some thing . if he does live in the US i don't even know how that state is even able to do that and has no fed law suit against them. im  glad i can see just what my bitcoin miner are using or i can make a nice guess etc but i don't trust smart meter either because this  month i got my bill for five days there is no record but i got charged the usually amount which bros me because some place down the road that might come back to me some how, i just know it .

but my miner will get running I'll  keep watching the bill etc and pay it but have that in the back of my mind .

Has to be out of US I would think.   I know mine is split down showing how much I used, and also shows fees they charged.

I got my true power cost by using all he info they send.   If you are in us show up at electrical office and ask to talk to someone about bill.  If you say you have question on your bill I would think they would show info to prove it's not wrong, and hopefully show you the rate.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 08:23:06 AM

Here in southern California we get another layer of pricing in addition to time of year/time of day - we have usage tiers and as you use more power up to certain milestones each kw/h after that becomes more expensive.  My electricity bill takes complex math to figure out.

Not just a California thing, seen that all over.
 Where I'm at now though is a bit odd, in that on my non-Summer base rate the lower tiers are HIGHER in price - I've seen your way a lot more often.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:50:54 AM

http://liliputing.com/2015/09/wd-pidrive-is-a-1tb-hard-drive-kit-for-the-raspberry-pi.html
So this thing has the USB 3.0 cable I thought Could work for 12v USB sticks AND support Rpi2.
Jake36

Activity: 331

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:15:25 AM

http://liliputing.com/2015/09/wd-pidrive-is-a-1tb-hard-drive-kit-for-the-raspberry-pi.html
So this thing has the USB 3.0 cable I thought Could work for 12v USB sticks AND support Rpi2.

I thought the Pi's didn't like/work good with USB 3.0?
PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:48:08 AM

BTW, still no response from BM about chips.

I guess the squeaky wheel gets ignored.

Just call me the Minnesota Mushroom: Kept in the cold dark and not feed shit.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:07:50 AM

Heard from anyone else? Avalon, Innosilicon?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
alh
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:16:09 AM

While it was a valiant effort on your part, it can't be a real surprise if they decline to sell BM 1385 parts for at least a couple of months. They need to supply all the S7's they can while the market is hot.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:08:27 AM

While it was a valiant effort on your part, it can't be a real surprise if they decline to sell BM 1385 parts for at least a couple of months. They need to supply all the S7's they can while the market is hot.

Just wondering for the sake of argument say that the project GOT these chips..what would we be looking at for speed etc if it was made like the current USB stick project

what is a ballpark of what the sticks would run at then?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:39:00 AM

Even after that they are not really known for selling chips they seem to like to sell miners.  I honestly was surprised GekkoScience managed to get BM chips.

I hope they do support projects more and become easier to get chips.  But I'm not sure I see it happening.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: