Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:49:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095075 times)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:53:50 PM

This topic is very interesting.
I always like to read conspiracy theories they always make me wonder Smiley

Wonder no more, the Moon landing is a hoax.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:00:11 PM

Wonder about how gullible some people are? 99.9% of them are really retarded with little to zero explanation of why they think that is the case. Take the flat earth as an example. They are saying NASA and the government are lying to us but they never said why, how do they know, the evidence for their claims. All those missing parts are extremely important.
You can't call people retarded just because they have different point of view.
I won't say do I agree or disagree because whatever i do, one side will call me idiot  Grin
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:10:31 PM

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:28:37 PM

as long as the water surface is flat, then the earth is flat.
if you think the sea has curve, then the water surface is not flat.
no offense I am 50:50 now.
not sure on the #flatteam or #globeteam

If you are very careful, and if you do it slowly enough, you can actually fill a glass with water above its rim... a little. The water curves down to meet the rim.

Cool

You're talking about Meniscus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniscus_(liquid)

"The meniscus (plural: menisci, from the Greek for "crescent") is the curve in the upper surface of a liquid close to the surface of the container or another object, caused by surface tension. It can be either concave or convex, depending on the liquid and the surface."

So the Earth could also be convex or concave, depending on whether the glass is full or not full? The oceans aren't overflowing onto the land, are they? Hmm.

Edit: What if the glass is both full and not full? Would totally explain waves. A slight yet constant ebb and flow on the shore between full and not full.

If the glass is both full and not full, Earth is convexically-concave, or concavely-convex. In other words, flat.

Therefore, ocean waves prove flat Earth.

Yes, I'm patenting this proof.  Grin

The point of my post was that water is not flat. Since water is not flat, water doesn't have anything to do with flat earth in the ways these FE people say. The simple evidence is the waves in the sea.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:33:16 PM

Lorem Ipsum:

Nunc tellus ipsum, tincidunt eget suscipit et, aliquam non tellus.
Gyro

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:56:46 PM

Lorem Ipsum:

Nunc tellus ipsum, tincidunt eget suscipit et, aliquam non tellus.

The only foil in this thread is on your head.

Love!

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:02:44 PM

I think the only way to convince some people that the earth is round is to send them up on a space flight. Land then on the moon so they can see it with their own eyes.
bkbirge

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:04:40 PM

I think the only way to convince some people that the earth is round is to send them up on a space flight. Land then on the moon so they can see it with their own eyes.

They will claim that you drugged them and they are really in a holding cell in a bunker under Hollywood.
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:16:24 PM

They will claim that you drugged them and they are really in a holding cell in a bunker under Hollywood.
Yeah, but why would you waste money on these idiots?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:21:12 PM

Right! You can't make anybody believe anything that he doesn't want to. Only in great pain or great joy will someone be forced to drop his irrational opinions, and start to look for reality.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Coffee_Lord

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:45:30 PM

Wonder about how gullible some people are? 99.9% of them are really retarded with little to zero explanation of why they think that is the case. Take the flat earth as an example. They are saying NASA and the government are lying to us but they never said why, how do they know, the evidence for their claims. All those missing parts are extremely important.

When you say 99.9% of people are retarded and do not question reality, you are almost right. But saying "99.9%" merely shows how biased you are. Clearly, you think 100% of people are retarded. Give or take some downtime from dumbness, when people become really smart. 

I mean, I wonder who the 0.01% of people are? Are you maybe talking about how smart only you are? Please, then, enlighten us with your brilliant intelligence. Tell us simple-minded 99.9 percenters how you know that the world is shaped like a globe / sphere / giant peach.

If it helps your explanation, pretend that I am one of the 0.01% of humans who are not gullible. I will not believe a word of what you say, unless it is the absolute truth.

Coffee_Lord

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:06:18 PM

What if... In fact... it's a square cube?

Or did the church already tell us that?

Cardboard blueprint for making a cube: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/02/c0/2a/02c02a1b942b65b59e61d4296a637e0f.jpg

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.rs/thumb/7/76/Bahdumtish2.png/300px-Bahdumtish2.png

nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:13:47 PM

Don't be an ass-head.

Research Flat Earth, Fake Space, NASA Lies
Coffee_Lord

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:39:04 PM

Oh, don't give up so easily. I understand you have anger at the deception, but what good does it do to isolate yourself from those you may reach yet?

Unignore those assheads. Let them speak.

Coffee_Lord

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:50:58 PM

You know, flat Earthers could say the same about you. There is no reason for dividing ourselves into little boxes. "I'm smart and rational, and science is omniscient." vs. "I'm smart and rational, and science is not omniscient."

Come on, guys. We're all talking about the same thing. We are talking about whether to trust your authorities versus whether you can trust your senses.

Some agree that science cannot be trusted, because humans are fallible and are possibly deceitful by nature, while others agree that science can be trusted, because humans are (I guess) infallible and can be trusted to tell the truth, even when they're in power and it's easy to tell lies.

What if those in power of our worldly consciousness - the church, military, media, etc. - have simply decided that it's best that people don't know the real nature of life?

Did you know that the word "Google" in Gematria = 42 numerically.

42. Can you believe that? I say, they're 'aving a laugh. Let's laugh along, and let's get to the bottom of this.

2017 BEST BITCOIN THREAD EVER.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:11:09 PM

You can't call people retarded just because they have different point of view.
I won't say do I agree or disagree because whatever i do, one side will call me idiot  Grin

Yes I can because this is not an opinion or a different point of view, we are not talking about politics. This is a known fact, known for thousands of years actually that the earth is spherical and not flat so yes anyone who says that the earth is flat is retarded.
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:12:13 PM

You know, flat Earthers could say the same about you. There is no reason for dividing ourselves into little boxes. "I'm smart and rational, and science is omniscient." vs. "I'm smart and rational, and science is not omniscient."

Come on, guys. We're all talking about the same thing. We are talking about whether to trust your authorities versus whether you can trust your senses.

Some agree that science cannot be trusted, because humans are fallible and are possibly deceitful by nature, while others agree that science can be trusted, because humans are (I guess) infallible and can be trusted to tell the truth, even when they're in power and it's easy to tell lies.

What if those in power of our worldly consciousness - the church, military, media, etc. - have simply decided that it's best that people don't know the real nature of life?

Did you know that the word "Google" in Gematria = 42 numerically.

42. Can you believe that? They're 'aving a laugh. Let's laugh along, and let's get to the bottom of this.

2017 BEST BITCOIN THREAD EVER.
Well, it's not the same at all. Yes, of course you can say science can't be trusted, because NASA is faking things and shit. But for the fucks sake, there are easy doable experiments those the NASA can't fake. I admit, there are parts of the physics which are hard to imagine, for example when I had to learn quantim mechanics I was just sitting there, and thinking about "what the fuck are they talking about, yes okay, I have to learn it...", but the classical newtonian mechanics are the opposite of them. You can do as many experiment you want and the outcome will be the same every single time. There IS gravity. Gravity caused by MASS. Mass has a center. Gravitational constant is (almost, but it has it's own reason related to mass) the same on every point of the Earth. If you deny these, of course you can think the Earth is flat. But in this case you are so stubborn you don't believe even to your own fucking eyes.
bkbirge

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:17:36 PM

Science is the result of using the scientific method to arrive at the truth. It starts with a testable hypothesis, then that hypothesis gets tested until it fails. The tests are not with words and philosophy, they are with experiments that have quantitative outcomes. The fallibility of humans in this situation is the equivalent of a single trader trying to insert a false trade into the bitcoin block. The community of scientists, and more importantly, the documented results from multiple independent tests, do not let the erroneous claims last very long. On that basis surely you must see how colossally impossible it would be for example the thousands of NASA employees to be in on "the secret" and duping you all about the curvature of the earth.

Apply Occam's razor. The more likely explanation is that people who believe in flat earth do not understand the reasoning behind the scientific conclusions and so reject them out of hand. Or perhaps their personal identity is wrapped up in a particular belief system and it is too painful to confront any challenges. We are all subject to that behavior on some topics. But if they had concrete evidence other than belief they would be able to share with others who could then independently verify their conclusions. If they were applying the scientific method.

The mistake many laypeople make is assuming that scientists come to their conclusions by consensus in the way common language uses that word. That is not true, they come to their conclusions by tests. When the media says "97% of climatologists believe in human driven climate change" that doesn't mean that 97% just one day said "hey that sounds good, Dr. Joe Blow did a cool study, I think I'll agree with it because it fits my liberal agenda and it'll get me those juicy gov't grants", what it means is that 97% of the people who do the research have performed scientific experiments where they then reach the conclusion that their particular experiment supports it. In other words, scientists LIVE to prove other scientists wrong. It is how they make their legacy and further human knowledge.

Humans are very good at pattern matching, we see connections where sometimes there aren't. It is a good trait. But to be knowledge we can trust those connections must be verified by many others, not just the observation of the connection but the tested reasons explaining those observations. If you wish to prove the earth is flat you will have to design an experiment to test your hypothesis that other people can repeat without your involvement. If they come to the same conclusions as you then you might be on to something. Or do it the other direction, look at the historical experiments that have led us to determination that the earth is a spheroid and repeat them yourself. If you come to different conclusions then publish.
HTGduck

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:23:03 PM

That is very true
serbad

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:09:27 PM

Science is the result of using the scientific method to arrive at the truth. It starts with a testable hypothesis, then that hypothesis gets tested until it fails. The tests are not with words and philosophy, they are with experiments that have quantitative outcomes. The fallibility of humans in this situation is the equivalent of a single trader trying to insert a false trade into the bitcoin block. The community of scientists, and more importantly, the documented results from multiple independent tests, do not let the erroneous claims last very long. On that basis surely you must see how colossally impossible it would be for example the thousands of NASA employees to be in on "the secret" and duping you all about the curvature of the earth.

Apply Occam's razor. The more likely explanation is that people who believe in flat earth do not understand the reasoning behind the scientific conclusions and so reject them out of hand. Or perhaps their personal identity is wrapped up in a particular belief system and it is too painful to confront any challenges. We are all subject to that behavior on some topics. But if they had concrete evidence other than belief they would be able to share with others who could then independently verify their conclusions. If they were applying the scientific method.

The mistake many laypeople make is assuming that scientists come to their conclusions by consensus in the way common language uses that word. That is not true, they come to their conclusions by tests. When the media says "97% of climatologists believe in human driven climate change" that doesn't mean that 97% just one day said "hey that sounds good, Dr. Joe Blow did a cool study, I think I'll agree with it because it fits my liberal agenda and it'll get me those juicy gov't grants", what it means is that 97% of the people who do the research have performed scientific experiments where they then reach the conclusion that their particular experiment supports it. In other words, scientists LIVE to prove other scientists wrong. It is how they make their legacy and further human knowledge.

Humans are very good at pattern matching, we see connections where sometimes there aren't. It is a good trait. But to be knowledge we can trust those connections must be verified by many others, not just the observation of the connection but the tested reasons explaining those observations. If you wish to prove the earth is flat you will have to design an experiment to test your hypothesis that other people can repeat without your involvement. If they come to the same conclusions as you then you might be on to something. Or do it the other direction, look at the historical experiments that have led us to determination that the earth is a spheroid and repeat them yourself. If you come to different conclusions then publish.

Sometimes it isn't the science at fault the its the way the modeling is done and interpreted that ends up getting incorrectly analysed.
If you watch this guys testimony to congress on climate change you will see the politics involved try to hold sway over common sense.

Skip first 10 mins its a long un.! ... (im just thinking of your attention span)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cssne9Q5KM

Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: