Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901257 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:30:58 PM

True Christianity is one wherein the Christian believes that he is saved for eternal life by the work that Jesus did on the cross, and by His resurrection.

It might be difficult for a Muslim or a Hindu or a Buddhist who believes in Jesus this way. But if they believe in Jesus for salvation, they are true Christians.

Conversely, anybody who thinks he is a Christian, but doesn't believe in Jesus' salvation, is not really a Christian.

The world likes to lump all the people who say they are Christians together, no matter what they believe. But true Christianity doesn't work that way.

Smiley

This is discussing Christianity not atheism.

This is OT.

OT
I was baptised by a priest who is allowed to benedict you from the Pope which is the vicary of Jesus Christ on Earth through Peter. Is like if I was baptised from Jesus Christ in person. It is like Jesus Christ in person "certified" that I am christian.

Who are you to say I'm not?!?

I may not believe in him, but the fact that I was baptised by him reassure me.

Thank You.
/OT

In order to continue talking about atheism, we are simply setting foundations when we talk about other religions.

Being baptized is great! It is baptized into faith in Jesus salvation. If you formally reject Jesus salvation, your baptism becomes useless except to keep you in good graces in the Church who can't see into your heart. Faith in Jesus salvation is what saves. Baptism exists to strengthen that faith. If the faith isn't there, the baptism doesn't have anything to strengthen. It is useless.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:11:00 AM

In order to continue talking about atheism, we are simply setting foundations when we talk about other religions.

Being baptized is great! It is baptized into faith in Jesus salvation. If you formally reject Jesus salvation, your baptism becomes useless except to keep you in good graces in the Church who can't see into your heart. Faith in Jesus salvation is what saves. Baptism exists to strengthen that faith. If the faith isn't there, the baptism doesn't have anything to strengthen. It is useless.

Smiley

I understand.

Thank you for your idea.

Spiritu tuo conteram discipulorum Christi.

Hora aditus.
I hope to fight you soon.

Question: do you consider yourself atheist?

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:35:38 AM

I dealt with the beam in my own eye a long time ago. It looks like it is a splinter in your eye, but that's because you are so far away. I have notice that you can't see past the splinter in your own eye, because up that close to you, the splinter is really a beam so big that you can't see anything... anything except the grains of wood on your splinter beam.

Hi, how about you quit the "holier-than-thou" posturing and tell us:

1) where Emmanuel actually suggested he was my savior?
2) how such a belief is not magical thinking?
3) how you can still have full responsibility for your life if someone else has taken that burden?
4) why didn't Emmanuel explicitly say that one must believe in him and accept him as one’s “personal savior” to get to “heaven” while he was alive over and over again?
5) Why must Man have interpreters and go-betweens, authorities other than self and "saviors" to take his burden and "save even his soul"? Is it because you think Man is separate from God and that God does not reside within you?
6) Since Matthew 7:17-21 refutes the notion that mere faith suffices for entrance into the kingdom of heaven, and even calling Jesus "Lord" is not enough; how can this possibly be reconciled with the doctrine of Paul which you promote?

I will post this link again for your education:
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell

Conversely, anybody who thinks he is a Christian, but doesn't believe in Jesus' salvation, is not really a Christian.

The world likes to lump all the people who say they are Christians together, no matter what they believe. But true Christianity doesn't work that way.

Gnostic Christians are true Christians; you may think they are not, but you are not an expert on the subject.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:44:31 AM

I dealt with the beam in my own eye a long time ago. It looks like it is a splinter in your eye, but that's because you are so far away. I have notice that you can't see past the splinter in your own eye, because up that close to you, the splinter is really a beam so big that you can't see anything... anything except the grains of wood on your splinter beam.

Hi, how about you quit the "holier-than-thou" posturing and tell us:

1) where Emmanuel actually suggested he was my savior?
2) how such a belief is not magical thinking?
3) how you can still have full responsibility for your life if someone else has taken that burden?
4) why didn't Emmanuel explicitly say that one must believe in him and accept him as one’s “personal savior” to get to “heaven” while he was alive over and over again?
5) Why must Man have interpreters and go-betweens, authorities other than self and "saviors" to take his burden and "save even his soul"?
6) Since Matthew 7:17-21 refutes the notion that mere faith suffices for entrance into the kingdom of heaven, and even calling Jesus "Lord" is not enough; how can this possibly be reconciled with the doctrine of Paul which you promote?

I will post this link again for your education:
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell

Nice link.

Gnostic Christians are true Christians; you may think they are not, but you are not an expert on the subject.

That is false.

Gnosticism has been mainly defined in a Christian context, but 99.99999999% of the "Gnostic Christianity" has been categorised as heresy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

Gnosticism is based on Gnosi (knowledge): every "gnostic branch" professes the research of the truth through knowledge. The Bible says: knowledge leads to death.

You can accept knowledge or you can't. That's the difference between Gnosticism and Religion.

Gnosticism has come back to attention after the discovery of the Nag Hammadi Library in 1945 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nag_Hammadi_library), however Gnosticism, in all of it branches, is identified still as heretic from all Christians Faiths. Consider that Freemasonry is considered modern Gnosticism.

Gnosticism however is different from atheism as Gnosticism still believe in a supreme being (the Demiurge).

Still OT...

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:57:33 AM

The Bible says: knowledge leads to death.

You are incorrect; in Hosea, God says "My people die for lack of knowledge".
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:10:00 AM

There was the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Adam and Eve eat from it and they died.

That was preety clear to me.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:16:22 AM

That was preety clear to me.

The passage in Hosea is as clear as day; if you believe in the integrity of the Bible, then you accept that God's people die for lack of knowledge.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:22:11 AM

Killing is not of God.

If we believe your garbage of god controlling everything, then your god kills 150,000 people each day for fun.

We know it's for fun because everyday he creates 350,000 people to replace the ones he kills.

Why is he so stupid?  Can't he see the world can't support more people right now?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
1aguar

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:28:59 AM

Can't he see the world can't support more people right now?

Man caused this situation by choosing to have sex without the intent of procreation.

God is total allowance and you will do that which you will.

You are blaming God, but God told you not to have sex without pure intent. It is man who re-wrote the laws to read "sex is OK".
1aguar

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:38:44 AM

That was pretty clear to me.

And, what sir, is the “sin of Adam”? Eating apples or what? Where did Adam come from? Mud? I doubt that! GOD CREATES FROM MATTER ATOMS AND MOLECULES--HE DOES NOT NEED CLAY OR MUD--FOR GOD IS AND GOD IS INFINITE AND HE CERTAINLY NEEDS NO WAD OF DIRT FROM WHICH TO CREATE HIS MOST WONDROUS CREATIONS. HE CREATED MAN FROM THE ESSENCE OF LIGHT AND GAVE UNTO MAN SPIRIT WHICH IS A PURE REFLECTION OF HIMSELF--THE BODY OF MAN IS ONLY A HANDY PIECE OF MACHINERY TO ENABLE HIM TO BETTER EXPERIENCE THROUGH THE DIMENSION OF PHYSICAL PLANE.

The speaker refers to eternal life and then pronounces that Man still experiences death so somehow he is still cursed. Man does not experience “death”--a physical housing experiences changes which you call death in your lack of knowledge--for it, too, is only changed into energy form of one sort or another--back into its original forming elements of matter and energy. The MAN WITHIN WHICH IS THE REFLECTION OF GOD IS THAT WHICH IS IMMORTAL--IN EITHER EVENT THERE IS ONLY CHANGE--NOT DEATH! PONDER IT!

Source: http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com/html/j029/
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:51:57 AM

Man caused this situation by choosing to have sex without the intent of procreation.

But your god creates each baby.  He's killing people every day due to overcrowding yet he pumps out twice as many new babies every day.

Why is your god such an idiot?  Does he get off on killing people?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
1aguar

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:18:31 AM

But your god creates each baby.  
Vod,
Your judgment is incorrect.
Man causes this situation by choosing to ignore the laws and to have sex without the intent of procreation.

You and I are allowed to experience upon the physical planes to be stewards of the things physical that we might grow and learn. Boy, we humans have really blown that job, haven’t we? We were sent as caretakers for the wondrous creations of matter and look where we have come to be.

God gave you a set of laws, birthed within thine soul essence so that you would always know Truth--and the evil taught you to turn away from the laws and follow that which he would give unto you to pull you away from the Laws of God and it has worked, has it not? What makes you think you came into creation either according to the MAN PROJECTED method of EVOLUTION OR THROUGH THE METHOD NOW RECOGNIZED AS “CREATION”? NEITHER ONE ARE CORRECT, FRIENDS, AND ARE SIMPLY MORE LIES TO DECEIVE YOU AND KEEP YOU FROM GOD’S PATH HOME TO SOURCE.

IT IS TRULY A GREAT MAN WHO CAN STUDY TRUTH, SET ASIDE HIS EGO, AND ANNOUNCE THAT HIS ORIGINAL UNDERSTANDING WAS FLAWED THROUGH LACK OF TOTAL KNOWLEDGE AND FURTHER KNOW THAT HE HAS PLACED JUDGMENT WHERE, IN FACT, HIS PROJECTIONS ARE ONLY SELF--OPINION!

Now, your projections about "my" God aside, I have asked you to please tell me how I could rationally evaluate the 52 points of evidence for rebirth, as linked here. I am asking atheists to be rational with regards to the evidence; in common parlance this means that one can think clearly and is capable of intelligently assessing new ideas when presented.

So, can you give these 52 points of evidence a rational response? Or will you instead choose to engage in cognitive dissonance, just like Beliathon (you can thank him for the image)?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:26:44 AM

Vod,

So your god does NOT create each baby?  Another god must then, and that god must be the true god.

So, can you give these 52 points of evidence a rational response? Or will you instead choose to engage in cognitive dissonance, just like Beliathon (you can thank him for the image)?

Sure, I'll read that and respond, if you give these 11 subjects a rational response.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:05:21 AM

For the first time, public school students in Alabama will be required to understand evolution, thanks to new curriculum rules behind implemented next year. Teachers in the state will also be required to discuss climate change.

Not only did the 40-person, Republican-controlled Board of Education pass the standards unanimously, but nobody even spoke out against them at a board meeting.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09/alabama_will_require_students.html

1aguar

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:55:08 AM

Vod,
So your god does NOT create each baby?  Another god must then, and that god must be the true god.
Sorry Vod, but humans are the only ones who are making human babies. I think we can both agree that a virgin birth is not possible. Right?

Sure, I'll read that and respond, if you give these 11 subjects a rational response.

Sorry Vod, I'm not interested in reading whole subjects at this time, but if you have evidence, I will gladly take a look; I am intensely curious about the universe, so I always seek to evaluate any evidence presented; it is simply the rational and polite thing to do. Smiley
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:58:42 AM

I haven't heard this. Atheist don't believe in any religion and that's all. They don't hate nothing. At least the normal atheists. Then there are extremists (as in every kind of this things) that hate something or everything. But this is not to be generalized.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:27:31 AM

I haven't heard this. Atheist don't believe in any religion and that's all. They don't hate nothing. At least the normal atheists. Then there are extremists (as in every kind of this things) that hate something or everything. But this is not to be generalized.

The casual atheist might not hate anything, even religion.

Many people hate things, but it is seldom that they hate things that they haven't thought about a bit... things that they are far more than casual about.

The deeper an atheist goes into thinking about his atheism, the more he makes it a religion for himself. If he thinks about it deeply enough, he will start to get angry at religion, because he can't get away from it. It is right in his atheism. Google "Is atheism a religion?" to see that the symptoms of religion are found in atheism as well as in the formal religions.

People can't get away from religion. A casual atheist isn't atheistic very much.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:14:45 AM

For the first time, public school students in Alabama will be required to understand evolution, thanks to new curriculum rules behind implemented next year. Teachers in the state will also be required to discuss climate change.

Not only did the 40-person, Republican-controlled Board of Education pass the standards unanimously, but nobody even spoke out against them at a board meeting.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09/alabama_will_require_students.html

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09/alabama_will_require_students.html - "Textbooks used in Alabama science classes have carried a disclaimer sticker for years stating that evolution is a "controversial theory," not fact, and the new course of study doesn't change the warnings, which were advocated by Christian conservatives"

I'm fine with the sticker thing, as long as similar disclaimer warning stickers are glued on the bible during RE classes.

Sanjx

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:43:58 AM

Myself dislike it. I would prefer that so many people didn't believe in things like this,like that, like what?, to me it's absurd. I think we'd all be better off if more people viewed the world scientifically.

Sanjx

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:51:46 AM

I thought that Atheism is just like any other faith and now I see they have even many denominations.
As I recall, there's an article I read about the different types of Atheism (I'll look for that blog site).

1. Intellectual atheist
-They like debating and arguing, particularly on popular Internet sites.
2. Anti-theist
- This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves  as "opposed to religious ideology".

I forgot the others.  Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: