Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:37:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646846 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:23:59 AM

CoinCube

I agree with much of what you quoted and wrote above.  YES, it is my understanding that "The Democrat Bench" is weak, they seem to be dropping in the white working-class regions of the country.  YES again re a bicoastal party run by by the loathsome pair of Schumer and Pelosi, in the short-term that will reduce their attraction among the old D-Team constituency of white union workers, etc.  And, yes, the offices that they hold (Congress and Governors) has dropped pretty sharply.

[OROBTC note/question/complaint: Why have the Republicans been so terrible in getting anything done?  It puts THEM at risk...]

But, a bit less than two years (1918 elections) is NOT a short time in US politics.  Lots can happen by then.  I think (but of course don't know, I'll leave KNOWING to our "little birdie", smile,,,) that the R-Team will hold on to Congress and the Ds lose more ground.  2020 may be a completely different story...

"The Ten Thousand Things rise and fall without cease."  (Lao Tze, approx. 500 BC)

The Democrats WILL be back at some point, and they will be looking for blood (my guess).  It may happen at the tail-end of a recession, who knows.

Finally, YES to your observations that they will never run out of money, they will PRINT, TAX, or go further into DEBT (likely all three).  It could be ugly, as Armstrong and "our little birdie" have advised.  Hedge accordingly (and apparently you already are CC).
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:14:40 AM

Armstrong topics of the past couple of days:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/rule-of-law/bitcoin-criminals-authorities/

The governments do not like Bitcoin...

Below is a great piece on the MainStreamMedia and Congress causing real damage trying to oust Trump, lots of other tidbits here too:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/politics/the-buffoons-congress-mainstream-media-join-forces/

Here he writes about DEFLATION, at least for now he does not like particularly like gold (ah, I like gold):

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrongeconomics101/economics/asset-v-money/

Risk Mgmt

Activity: 158
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:26:58 PM

If I may - allow me to forecast something:

1) UK/EU fills World Super Power status GAP...and starting 2018 or earlier they will do so by going right into North Africa and Egypt.
North Africa and Egypt will be under UK/EU control.

2) Going into 2019 -- US World influence will weaken severely - they will be unable to support the world security needs and the puppet aid ( I mean foreign aid) --

3) Somewhere here -- Saudi Royalty gets into scrap over throne - dispute civil disorder.
With no US security now -- how will Israel and Saudis' secure themselves....especially when in this same region a new discovery is made -- and without US...all the middle east fights over this new discovery...because there is no big ships coming now.

4) NEW player will emerge cleaning up entire middle-east and taking over ...  Middle-East starting from 2020 will start to come under new mgmt by a new single entity....they will even cleanup izis.

5) Turkey will be roasted - people will kick out govt -

6) 2020 NorthAfrica/ Egypt start kicking out UK/EU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All leading to 666....how will bitcoin/ gold/ markets handle the above.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:24:32 PM

1) UK/EU fills World Super Power status GAP...and starting 2018 or earlier they will do so by going right into North Africa and Egypt.

2) Going into 2019 -- US World influence will weaken severely - they will be unable to support the world security needs and the puppet aid ( I mean foreign aid) --

3) Somewhere here -- Saudi Royalty gets into scrap over throne - dispute civil disorder.
With no US security now -- how will Israel and Saudis' secure themselves....especially when in this same region a new discovery is made -- and without US...all the middle east fights over this new discovery...because there is no big ships coming now.

4) NEW player will emerge cleaning up entire middle-east and taking over ...  Middle-East starting from 2020 will start to come under new mgmt by a new single entity....they will even cleanup izis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinions only, Risk Mgmt...:

1)  I think that the UK and the EU will get weaker then the USA.  Just my guess, their problems are probably WORSE than the USA's.

2)  100% agree

3)  Probably, Saudi Arabia is reputed to be full of internal problems.  BAD ones.

4)  Iran, China or Russia. Or a combination of them.

5)  Turkey..., a country that "had" a future...  May not anymore.  Hard to say, but my *guess* is that you would be right.

6)  Maybe the EU/UK would LEAVE the Middle East instead.  Can we (USA) leave too?  Before even?

666?  Ah, I have NO IDEA.  But the ride will likely be interesting.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:58:30 AM

Irrespective of things like centralization or government outlawing it, I believe bitcoin is inevitably going to zero for the reasons I articulate in this post:

Why the economics of bitcoin don't actually work - What Satoshi really meant when he said the price would either be a lot or zero

http://steemit.com/bitcoin/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-13-why-the-economics-of-bitcoin-don-t-actually-work-what-satoshi-really-meant-when-he-said-the-price-would

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:59:26 AM

Irrespective of things like centralization or government outlawing it, I believe bitcoin is inevitably going to zero for the reasons I articulate in this post:

Why the economics of bitcoin don't actually work - What Satoshi really meant when he said the price would either be a lot or zero

http://steemit.com/bitcoin/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-13-why-the-economics-of-bitcoin-don-t-actually-work-what-satoshi-really-meant-when-he-said-the-price-would
after you sold at $700 and bought gold what was your ROI? since 2010 those that invested in gold have negative ROI while with bitcoin its like 700k% that alone tells you the market is right and you are wrong for all the reasons I have already stated above with you.

The chances of it going to zero are now very low compared to say last year... with every passing year it becomes more self-evident that it will grow further, if bitcoin is used at settlement then something else used as transaction processor in the end the ecosystem should flourish to a point where fiat is only used to pay taxes until they give in and thus their debasement via printing stops automatically.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:03:32 AM

after you sold at $700 and bought gold what was your ROI? since 2010 those that invested in gold have negative ROI while with bitcoin its like 700k% that alone tells you the market is right and you are wrong for all the reasons I have already stated above with you.

The chances of it going to zero are now very low compared to say last year... with every passing year it becomes more self-evident that it will grow further, if bitcoin is used at settlement then something else used as transaction processor in the end the ecosystem should flourish to a point where fiat is only used to pay taxes until they give in and thus their debasement via printing stops automatically.

I've been buying silver and gold all the way from a bitcoin price of $750 to $1800.  Stop trying to pretend like everyone should be all-in on bitcoin and 0 other assets when that's the dumbest possible idea imaginable.  And the odds of it going to zero are not any lower now than before since Bitcoin seems to be required to become the reserve currency, or at the very least the unit of account for something to not go to zero.  

When I say "unit of account", I don't consider Anonymint's claim that bitcoin is the unit of account of pump and dump gambling to be a valid example.  Bitcoin's actual niche seems to be the unit of account of regulatory arbitrage, but if that's it's only use, it would obviously be made illegal everywhere eventually, or co-opted into the ground with chain anchor and all where it's the same thing as fiat.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:56:17 AM

I've been buying silver and gold all the way from a bitcoin price of $750 to $1800.  Stop trying to pretend like everyone should be all-in on bitcoin and 0 other assets when that's the dumbest possible idea imaginable.  And the odds of it going to zero are not any lower now than before since Bitcoin seems to be required to become the reserve currency, or at the very least the unit of account for something to not go to zero.  

When I say "unit of account", I don't consider Anonymint's claim that bitcoin is the unit of account of pump and dump gambling to be a valid example.  Bitcoin's actual niche seems to be the unit of account of regulatory arbitrage, but if that's it's only use, it would obviously be made illegal everywhere eventually, or co-opted into the ground with chain anchor and all where it's the same thing as fiat.
noone said to be all in but you clearly have sold your btc position at $700 around when your stance changed along with your position because you certainly have been shilling against bitcoin and for metals exclusively ever since. 1% of your wealth should be in bitcoin at this point. The same or less in gold/silver imo because they are higher risk and lower reward. They are both better than fiat but bitcoin is at the top of the pyramid for the foreseeable future.

You have been standing and watching from the sideline, watching the "big one" as I have explained to you prior to it taking off. If you had caught the ride (if you had not misjudged the characteristics of cryptocurrency) then you would have been able to stack a bigger position in your precious metals ten fold. That is certainly a very very big potential loss you have just incurred at which point you should probably go back to the drawing board on the core of what you believe in and have assumed. Perhaps reading the articles I have posted may help.

Since you don't seem to be getting it I'll try to fill you in. The market has been looking for money that provides higher utility. Bitcoin is by perception that thing. It may not be fundamentally but that does not matter, it's what the market thinks and having Bitcoin there as the only option (whether it is an experiment that doesn't work or not) is all it takes for it to take network affect to the highest level before fundamentals kick in. Markets will always remain irrational longer than you may remain solvent. At this point your headed towards insolvency effectively in comparison of the two outcomes of decisions by not recognizing this key behavior (one that I might add is what brought us all here in the first place).
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:04:25 AM

noone said to be all in but you clearly have sold your btc position at $700 around when your stance changed along with your position because you certainly have been shilling against bitcoin and for metals exclusively ever since. 1% of your wealth should be in bitcoin at this point. The same or less in gold/silver imo because they are higher risk and lower reward. They are both better than fiat but bitcoin is at the top of the pyramid for the foreseeable future.

You have been standing and watching from the sideline, watching the "big one" as I have explained to you prior to it taking off. If you had caught the ride (if you had not misjudged the characteristics of cryptocurrency) then you would have been able to stack a bigger position in your precious metals ten fold. That is certainly a very very big potential loss you have just incurred at which point you should probably go back to the drawing board on the core of what you believe in and have assumed. Perhaps reading the articles I have posted may help.

This is 100% false.  I was "shilling against bitcoin" when the price was $200-$400 even while being all-in on bitcoin at the same time.  I'm sure anonymint remembers.  The fact is, if you could play god and make either silver/gold or bitcoin the world reserve currency and be allowed to invest in either beforehand, there would be zero reason for anyone to choose bitcoin.  The world would be far better off with more freedom and stability using metals like silver.  Bitcoin either inevitably centralizes into monopoly or a govt controlled slave system...or goes to zero.  The only reason to choose bitcoin is if you plan to be on the right side of a pump and dump.

I don't regret spending some bitcoin to buy enough metals to cause a large gain for me when the price goes up for the same reason I have zero regret not holding dogecoin when the price of dogecoin doubled a few days ago.  There is always some worthless asset pump and dumping every single day that you will "miss the boat" on.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:06:56 AM

This is 100% false.  I was "shilling against bitcoin" when the price was $200-$400 even while being all-in on bitcoin at the same time.  I'm sure anonymint remembers.  The fact is, if you could play god and make either silver/gold or bitcoin the world reserve currency and be allowed to invest in either beforehand, there would be zero reason for anyone to choose bitcoin.  The world would be far better off with more freedom and stability using metals like silver.  Bitcoin either inevitably centralizes into monopoly or a govt controlled slave system...or goes to zero.  The only reason to choose bitcoin is if you plan to be on the right side of a pump and dump.

By that logic the entire world is a pump and dump, since nothing lasts get in while gettin is good. Entire corporations follow an organic pattern, entire cities, equities and entire global marketplace by extrapolation follows the same behavior. Knowing the right side to be on is key here. Where the market is headed, and fundamentally where it should go are 2 drastically different things. I can't tell you that the later is in this case related to PMs or a form of cryptocurrency, but I know the former and again it's that key mistake you keep on making.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:16:22 AM

By that logic the entire world is a pump and dump

Well yes, the entire crypto market is a pump and dump.  As the syscoin dev, I'm sure you're well aware of this.  Trying to tell people that they should have every cent in crypto is ridiculous.  If the price of bitcoin doubles it's not a very big deal to me unless I would have actually had the foresight to max leverage trade it beforehand.  Gains are really only interesting to me when I can leverage them, but there's not even a good leverage exchange for trading BTC now, which is one of my main annoyances of the bitcoin market.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:20:01 AM

Well yes, the entire crypto market is a pump and dump.  As the syscoin dev, I'm sure you're well aware of this.  Trying to tell people that they should have every cent in crypto is ridiculous.  If the price of bitcoin doubles it's not a very big deal to me unless I would have actually had the foresight to max leverage trade it beforehand.  Gains are really only interesting to me when I can leverage them, but there's not even a good leverage exchange for trading BTC now, which is one of my main annoyances of the bitcoin market.
I never said either of those things. Yes as the syscoin dev I do alot of reading and I check out code of projects that deem worthy. I know where the market is headed and whats driving it. I am establishing foundations for entire states to start using crypto. I'm making changes in the world, how about you? What will you be known for?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:53:00 PM

I never said either of those things. Yes as the syscoin dev I do alot of reading and I check out code of projects that deem worthy. I know where the market is headed and whats driving it. I am establishing foundations for entire states to start using crypto. I'm making changes in the world, how about you? What will you be known for?

You should have told us about the syscoin pump  Angry

@leverage

As far as i know you can still go 10x leverage on some exchanges/service providers.

@bitcoin/crypto

I think it is likely to see an ath of 5 k at the end of this year.

And i agree with roach that you should not go all-in in crypto.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:08:46 PM

@leverage

As far as i know you can still go 10x leverage on some exchanges/service providers.

@bitcoin/crypto

Noone ever said to go all in crypto. He has none his whole job is to fud and shill metals and put bitcoin down since he sold.

I have been telling people to buy sys because of whats coming. Check my posts. BM WEB is still to come so still a good time to get in.
Risk Mgmt

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:59:43 PM

My opinions only, Risk Mgmt...:

1)  I think that the UK and the EU will get weaker then the USA.  Just my guess, their problems are probably WORSE than the USA's.

2)  100% agree

3)  Probably, Saudi Arabia is reputed to be full of internal problems.  BAD ones.

4)  Iran, China or Russia. Or a combination of them.

5)  Turkey..., a country that "had" a future...  May not anymore.  Hard to say, but my *guess* is that you would be right.

6)  Maybe the EU/UK would LEAVE the Middle East instead.  Can we (USA) leave too?  Before even?

666?  Ah, I have NO IDEA.  But the ride will likely be interesting.
Risk Mgmt

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:02:05 PM

TO: OROBTC

Regarding #4 - not Iran,China nor Russia....a new entity.
Regarding #6 - USA likely becomes so irrelevant -- it wouldn't matter...UK/EU (Germany) will call shots.

On a unrelated side question:

Who controls supply/creation of Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency relative to supply creation of i.e Gold /Oil / Silver etc.
Risk Mgmt

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:09:23 PM

sidhujag

Apologies for jumping in...random thoughts...with GOLD depending on what one beliefs it operates differently.  If one is to pick one mid-ticked item i.e. IPHONE or similar such and track its value 2010,2011,2012....my question is how much bitcoins, US$ or CDN or EUROs it will take to buy that IPHONE each of those years...or cost of groceries. ....and than same using GOLD as medium of exchange.

Its the medium of exchange...relative to your home currencies purchasing power.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:10:49 PM

I think both BTC and XMR are gonna take a hit..  Lips sealed

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:54:58 PM

@leverage

@bitcoin/crypto

I have been telling people to buy sys because of whats coming. Check my posts. BM WEB is still to come so still a good time to get in.

Thanks i will check it out Smiley

I think both BTC and XMR are gonna take a hit..  Lips sealed

If btc bottoms at 2k then im very happy Smiley

I sold half of my xmr stash in the last few days when it went .022+.
Some thoughts about a xmr bottom?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:58:22 PM

TO: OROBTC

Regarding #4 - not Iran,China nor Russia....a new entity.
Regarding #6 - USA likely becomes so irrelevant -- it wouldn't matter...UK/EU (Germany) will call shots.

On a unrelated side question:

Who controls supply/creation of Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency relative to supply creation of i.e Gold /Oil / Silver etc.

#4  A new entity?  Who?  Not Israel, they aren't interested in bossing around more Arabs in any "Greater Israel".  Who else Huh

#6  USA is much better off than UK and Europe, at least IMO.  The USA could become isolationist though.  Europe has BIG problems.

Again, my opinions only. 

I'll buy in the narrative that China and the USA are the two biggest players in BTC (China mining (producing) them), but Korea and Japan are moving fairly quickly into becoming major players.

Largest Gold Producers (approx order):

-- China
-- Australia
-- Russia
-- USA
-- South Africa (yes, fifth place)
-- Peru

Silver:

-- Mexico
-- Peru
-- China

Oil:

-- Russia
-- Saudi Arabia
-- USA (inc. shale oil)

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: