Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:49:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450413 times)
BTCFaucets

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:50:56 PM

Think about it, if there is no gun nor weapon in this world, then there would be reduced killings. So the ideal state is as such. But we all know it is not possible because people always desire to be strong, whether to defend themselves or to cause hurt to others - guns offer them that opportunity. Although it is impossible to ban guns in the world, but banning guns in a country is highly feasible and should be implemented because it has been done in so many countries and it clearly shows no purpose in allowing guns.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:37:48 PM

Think about it, if there is no gun nor weapon in this world, then there would be reduced killings. So the ideal state is as such. But we all know it is not possible because people always desire to be strong, whether to defend themselves or to cause hurt to others - guns offer them that opportunity. Although it is impossible to ban guns in the world, but banning guns in a country is highly feasible and should be implemented because it has been done in so many countries and it clearly shows no purpose in allowing guns.

Again, ignoring the fact that criminals will still have access to guns... you cannot ban all guns from a country.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:40:46 PM

Again, ignoring the fact that criminals will still have access to guns... you cannot ban all guns from a country.
Not only that, but specifically firearms are "equalizers."

They make an 80 year old granny equal to a gang of young toughs.

Other weapons - swords, knives, hammers, spears, whatever - these do not have this charcteristic.

So as far as "weapons" go, guns have advantages for which they, specifically should NOT be banned.

Right or wrong?
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:45:22 PM

Other weapons - swords, knives, hammers, spears, whatever - these do not have this charcteristic.

So as far as "weapons" go, guns have advantages for which they, specifically should NOT be banned.

Right or wrong?

I'm not going to argue about that. As I've stated, I would never own a gun, if it's my time to die, I'll die. But I don't like people continuing to argue against guns, and completely ignoring the fact that criminals will still have them. Banning them or painting them pink, won't stop the contraband from getting into the hands of people who will do bad things with them.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:05:19 PM

Right or wrong?

I'm not going to argue about that. As I've stated, I would never own a gun, if it's my time to die, I'll die. But I don't like people continuing to argue against guns, and completely ignoring the fact that criminals will still have them. Banning them or painting them pink, won't stop the contraband from getting into the hands of people who will do bad things with them.
Almost 100% agree.  I have held jobs where part of a reasonable approach to the job involved carrying a weapons.  Think "carrying bags of money" to put it bluntly, lol....

In retrospect, well, I could have gotten a different job.  Today, I simply wouldn't think of a job such as operating a bar, closing at 2am, and leaving with a bag of money.  This is all an oversimplification, but you get the idea.

I guess my point is that even someone who doesn't believe in guns may find himself in circumstances were they are an obvious asset.  But the reverse is certainly true, people move to a small town that is 100% safe, where people don't even lock their doors....and they continue "high security habits."
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:02:38 PM

I'm sorry I do not agree. Gun control is unlikely to significantly impact murder or suicide rates, regardless what it allows or forbids.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:27:34 PM

I'm sorry I do not agree. Gun control is unlikely to significantly impact murder or suicide rates, regardless what it allows or forbids.
+1
If us who own guns thought that a ban would reduce violence then many of us would support such a move. However we know better than most that gun violence is not committed by us. It is almost always a crazy person or a criminal who could not legally own a gun in the first place.  We simply do not enforce the laws we have now, and a murderer is not going to listen to your silly laws anyway. Want to stop these people? Get a gun. Anything less is just wishful thinking. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:45:54 PM

+1
If us who own guns thought that a ban would reduce violence then many of us would support such a move. However we know better than most that gun violence is not committed by us. It is almost always a crazy person or a criminal who could not legally own a gun in the first place.  We simply do not enforce the laws we have now, and a murderer is not going to listen to your silly laws anyway. Want to stop these people? Get a gun. Anything less is just wishful thinking. 

Yes. And the important reason to get a gun is to protect yourself from crazies in government who want to take your property, your guns, away from you.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:20:29 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 09:41:27 PM by zenitzz

+1
If us who own guns thought that a ban would reduce violence then many of us would support such a move. However we know better than most that gun violence is not committed by us. It is almost always a crazy person or a criminal who could not legally own a gun in the first place.  We simply do not enforce the laws we have now, and a murderer is not going to listen to your silly laws anyway. Want to stop these people? Get a gun. Anything less is just wishful thinking.  

Yes. And the important reason to get a gun is to protect yourself from crazies in government who want to take your property, your guns, away from you.

Smiley

to protect your self from enemy like you maybe Cheesy
just kidding bro Cheesy
i think guns control is needed for proecting yourself and you can feel safe when you own a gun
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:59:04 PM

+1
If us who own guns thought that a ban would reduce violence then many of us would support such a move. However we know better than most that gun violence is not committed by us. It is almost always a crazy person or a criminal who could not legally own a gun in the first place.  We simply do not enforce the laws we have now, and a murderer is not going to listen to your silly laws anyway. Want to stop these people? Get a gun. Anything less is just wishful thinking.  

Smiley

to protect your self from enemy like you maybe Cheesy
just kidding bro Cheesy
i think guns control is needed for proecting yourself and you can feel safe when you own a gun

Back in the beginning times of America, after Columbus found her, and colonists came over here, the only people who owned land in the nations that the colonists came from was the kings. Even the nobles only owned land as the various kings allowed.

In America, the people decided that they were all going to be kings. They fought the kings of other nations - particularly Great Britain - to prove that they were kings. We still hold the position of kings in America today.

Kings own property. Americans can own property because we are all kings. The counterpart of the treaties between European kings among American people is the contract. Americans contract with each other just like the kings of Europe made treaties among and between themselves.

Americans own guns just as other kings own guns... for self-protection.

Time to stop the criminals in American government who want to take our heritage, our kingships, away from us. Time to put down the usurpers who want to take our property. Time to put down those who want to take our guns.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:26:49 AM

There is no way to control guns through the law, the same way that you can't really prohibit anything through policy and expect usage to decrease to zero.  Those that want to go through the proper legal channels and obtain a licence can do so, but if not, you can purchase firearms illegally with cash.

I think the real problem is when guns are mixed with people that have any type of major mental or psychological issue, especially to those lacking empathy.  Rather than trying to keep guns out of their hands, which I don't think is possible, there needs to be more emphasis on rehabilitating these folks back to having a stable mindset and being emotionally developed.

That being said, I think any firearm should be accompanied by training to use the firearm as well as martial arts training for those in environments of combat, so that pulling out a gun is the last resort.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:16:03 AM

The gun issue is not a gun issue. It is far deeper than that.

The issue is about some people dictating to other people how they must live, what property they can have if any, the boundaries of their freedom, etc.

Notice all the anti-terrorism that the government is doing. Homeland Security is supposedly part of anti-terrorism. Wake up, America. If government wanted anti-terrorism, they would arm the people to the hilt and teach them how to use the arms. No terrorist would want anything to do with a country full of armed people.

Homeland Security is there to take the guns away from the people, so that the government will not have any resistance when taking the rest of the peoples' property. It's called making slaves of a free people. Rather, let us become a nation of warriors, neighborhood groups of people protecting each other from everything, including government.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:12:53 AM

Gun control is not about guns. It's about control.

Imagine that there is a small, unofficial community of people who want to protect themselves from a small band of outlaws that are raiding them. So, they get together and form a militia to protect themselves. Everyone contributes time and money and property in some form to the militia effort. And it works.

Now imagine that there are a few people in the community who don't believe that a militia should be formed. Perhaps they don't have anything that can be stolen by the outlaws. Or maybe they simply don't like the way the community is going about forming the militia. Should these guys be forced to contribute to the militia?

If they are NOT forced to contribute, will they be receiving benefits by accident, simply because they live in the area, that they should not receive because they didn't contribute? If they received such benefits, wouldn't they be receiving them unfairly? Unfair to the rest of the community who contributed?

On the other hand, if these guys are forced to contribute by the majority in the community, isn't the community starting to become like the outlaws they are trying to protect themselves from?

The point about guns is, guns are personal property. By denying the rights of people to own and have them, a community is becoming outlaw against the gun owners. If a military or police force enforces a no-gun rule or law, isn't the military or police force becoming like the outlaws by depriving people of their right to property?

Where will it stop with the military or police force? After all, if they have all the guns, how can anyone stop them if they decide to take everything else and make slaves of the people? Isn't this what government really wants to do? Haven't they done it already by taking income taxes that most people don't want to contribute?

Gun control is not about guns. It's about control.

Gun control has already gone way too far. Let all the States enact gun freedom like Arizona - open and/or concealed carry without license or permit required. Let government advertise this to the people, suggesting that they all get firearms training, and then get the firearms. With training, we will have real gun control. After all, military or police force people are simply people. The only difference is the training.

Smiley

dodgecharger

Activity: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:18:40 AM

I have heard all arguments for and against gun control but why is there such passion on such a large scale in defence of gun ownership rights in USA?
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:23:07 AM

I have heard all arguments for and against gun control but why is there such passion on such a large scale in defence of gun ownership rights in USA?

Probably because those who want to get rid of gun ownership rights spout silly arguments, about it helping to lower gun crime after the ban. They ignore the simple fact that criminals will still get guns.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:07:28 AM

Part of it has to do with the large numbers of gun owners.

Do you own any property of any kind? What if government came along and made laws to take your property away? Would you be happy about it? Would you be happy if you became less safe because of it?

For example, it has been proven that seat belts in cars save lives. If government made it a law that nobody could have seat belts in their cars, wouldn't at least some people protest?

Government is stealing rights away from people. America is becoming a police state country. Guns are part of the protection... from government. No law enforcement goes into the ghetto unarmed. They might not go in at all, simply because parts of the ghetto are self protected these days... by guns. These ghetto people are not happy about the idea of no protection from government.

Income taxes are increasing. Income taxes are voluntary, but few know how to volunteer out... so, are taxes really voluntary? Aren't taxes really government thievery?

The point? Guns is a big issue because government is becoming the enemy of all people. People had thought government was there to protect them. Guns are the thing that people are falling back on for protection... from government.

Smiley

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:33:36 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 07:48:16 AM by TECSHARE

People in the USA will defend their right to own guns literally to their deaths. On its surface this seems senseless and insane, until you realize how much more senseless and insane our government is, and what the costs of allowing it to continue unchecked is. Guns aren't just to protect us from murderers, rapists, and thieves walking the streets. It is too easily forgotten that the government is made up of people too, and people are imperfect.

Imagine how much harder it would have been for Hitler to set up Nazi Germany if the German people remained armed. Disarmament of the general population ALWAYS results in tyranny. The right to bear arms is the one right that is designed to protect all other rights. This is why Americans are so passionate about it, because removing the right to bear arms removes any ability for our nation's people to protect any of their other rights. Rights are meaningless unless you can back them up and take what is rightfully yours.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:16:57 AM

I'm not a fan of any 'hard' gun control, but I do think there should be a few restrictions to reduce the amounts of them that get into the wrong hands, and make sure the people that do own them know how to use them:

• Background check for violent crime
  • Mental health evaluation
  • Training course complete with range practice
  • 7-10 day waiting period

Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:53:34 AM

People should simply don't own guns at all , it's too dangerous and will just make chaos everywhere .
A lot of countries don't have gun control and it's the total peace comparing with the other countries

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 12:37:07 PM

Since the people of America and some other countries have the right to guns, if we are living in such a country, it is hard for us to imagine complete slavery, because it is partially our guns that are keeping us free.

It is time to push gun freedom the other way. Push it so that we have more gun freedom rather than less. Why? So that we can gain more freedom in other areas as well. So that we can reduce our servitude to those who have taken away much of our freedom already.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all could be subservient to a wise dictator who would give us everything that we wanted, and who would do everything that we said, and who would protect us from all the dangers of life? Well wake up. There isn't such an animal as that. ALL the dictators want to take our freedoms away. The smart ones do it slowly over time so that we don't see it happening. It's called the destruction of the Bill of Rights.

We all need more and bigger guns, and all the ammo that we can hide away. But more importantly, we need to stand up and take responsibility for our freedom. If we don't, those among us who have dictatorial minds will take as much freedom away from us as they can. They have taken way too much already.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: