Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450413 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:16:05 PM

Gort (1951), the only form of gun control that might work. But don't trust those who say that they have achieved Gort-like perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6iF5sINVns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASsNtti1XZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9phuyRknPw

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 04:35:26 PM

I envy the Americans. The right to arms is a symbol of a free society. I don't understand how one country can have different laws and why some cities are forbidden to carry weapons. By the way in Washington, guns are banned and that this has prevented today's shooting?

It wouldn't have mattered. If John walks into a room with a gun with the intent of killing Mike, John is going to succeed. Bill might be standing right beside Mike with his own gun, but unless he's a mind reader, he's not going to stop John from killing Mike.

People think that having a gun will prevent someone else with a gun from committing a murder. As if they also think they are always going to be ready to shoot someone in the second, literally, that it would take to stop someone from shooting a gun that they are planned on doing in advance.

A person with a gun with the intent of shooting someone else with a gun who has murder planned will always succeed because their action will always be proactive. The bad guy, John, is being proactive. Mike is being retroactive, he is acting AFTER the fact, and the proactive individual will always win that fight. Always. The response to an action will never be faster than the original action. How could it be?

They taught us that in hand to hand combat training in the U.S. military in 1982.

If you don't believe me, watch any old footage of things like John Kennedy getting shot. Or Jack. Or Reagan. Or Oswald. Do you think the security detail surrounding these people did NOT have guns? Of course they did and they were more trained and qualified to use them than the assassins. Did it stop the assassins? No. And it's for the reason I stated above.

The people who try to convince you that guns are a crime deterrant and throw stats in your face are not looking at the reality of the situation. Gunsa are made for one purpose and one purpose only. To kill. That's their job and, in the right hands, they do their job quite well. To think that legalizing something that is meant to kill will stop killings is, well, it's kind of a retarded viewpoint. It's counter-intuitive, but people buy into it because of their emotions and that word "Freedom" they like to throw around.

You are completely disregarding effects of psychology, friend.

Mutually assured destruction.
If you're the sort of person to shoot some innocent person, you're probably not in the best mental state.  The "normal" laws of psychology don't always apply there.

There are other factors as well, such as:

-The fact that people relaxing at home don't tend to be holding guns so an attacker there can shoot properly;

-The fact that in some particular events, such as in the Ariana Grande concert in the UK, it would be suspicious for people to bring in guns due to the fact that it would be uncomfortable for them to do so;

-The fact that people in an unstable mental state are very likely to obtain guns in the US, whereas in the London bridge attack in the UK the attackers didn't even have guns.

"Mutually assured destruction" can work between nations sometimes, but individuals are much more complex than that.

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:21:16 PM

Gun control is very complicated argument. Well guns are made to hurt or kill for protecting yourself or your love obes in danger but it can also use for crimes. I think gun control is a good idea so that only the ones who really needs it gets a gun. It is GUN CONTROL not GUN BAN. Its differrent, right?

There is definitely a difference between the two, Gun control will ensure that only those with mental and sound mind will be able to get access to a gun and not anyone who wishes to own one.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
espante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:26:59 PM

Taking away the rights to legally own guns hurts the poorer population more. Usually the crimes happen in the poorer neighborhoods due to the culture of violence drugs brings out.

When people are not allowed to legally have guns the thing that happens is that the criminals still have them. When all the criminals have them and you don't, eventually your neighborhood is overrun with criminals and becomes more and more problematic.

This is a very US centric view because in most of the world poor people can't afford to own guns. Someone earning a couple dollars a day will never have the money to buy a gun.
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:37:48 PM

Gun control is fine for me but we should always remember to bring something for self defense,
Since there are plenty of criminals out there and we should really be careful about going out.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:28:26 AM

^^^ The gun is the equalizer.

Consider the 230 pound muscleman brute who is attacking the 90 pound granny.

Let's say there are no guns. What weapon will granny be able to use to protect herself? A bow and arrows?; perhaps. A knife?; not likely. And certainly not if the brute has the same weapons.

If both have guns, granny has a chance.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:16:30 AM

Let's say there are no guns. What weapon will granny be able to use to protect herself? A bow and arrows?; perhaps. A knife?; not likely. And certainly not if the brute has the same weapons.

Cool

Never heard of tai chi and kung fu grannies?
They could easily beat every us delta force member!

Search at youtube!!!!!!11111oneoneone

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Edrian

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:25:08 AM

I support gun control, only people who need guns are the army and policeman. If you own your gun you should have a right permit. Some people own a gun without discipline so gun control is needed.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:49:24 AM

Cool

Never heard of tai chi and kung fu grannies?
They could easily beat every us delta force member!

Search at youtube!!!!!!11111oneoneone

Okay. So we have 1 or 2 tai chi and kung fu grannies.

Laugh it up, fuzzball.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:54:09 AM

I support gun control, only people who need guns are the army and policeman. If you own your gun you should have a right permit. Some people own a gun without discipline so gun control is needed.

Google "police brutality." I got almost 8 million hits. Think of how many hits there would be if cops knew that people didn't have guns.

But. The biggest thing about gun control isn't the guns. The biggest thing is taking away property rights.

This thing you call a gun that I am holding, isn't a gun. It looks like a gun. It has bullets in it. But it is my property. You can call it whatever you want. But it is my property. And you don't have any right or claim to my property without my agreement.

Cool

blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:16:18 AM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

There should be specific requirements/law before a person can buy or own a gun. Here in our country there are lots people who have illegal possession of fire arms. they don't have the permit yet they use guns. Yes, having a gun is a big help especially in what is happening in the world right now. We can use it as self defense yet we must be educated first before using this. One of the problems is that some cant control there tempers and irresponsibly use their guns. Lets be educated, aware and be responsible

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
Wa(t)ch_night()

Activity: 336

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:47:30 AM

I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.

There should be specific requirements/law before a person can buy or own a gun. Here in our country there are lots people who have illegal possession of fire arms. they don't have the permit yet they use guns. Yes, having a gun is a big help especially in what is happening in the world right now. We can use it as self defense yet we must be educated first before using this. One of the problems is that some cant control there tempers and irresponsibly use their guns. Lets be educated, aware and be responsible
This issue has always had different disagreements, this is the only way to protect yourself and your family.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
hovrah

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:01:21 PM

This issue has always had different disagreements, this is the only way to protect yourself and your family.
I think that the gun in the house and the protection of your family have much in common, But the fact that you will feel protected, is nothing more than an illusion. What we can do with a weapon in our hands can provoke more misfortune than the one we want to prevent.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:08:37 PM

I think that the gun in the house and the protection of your family have much in common, But the fact that you will feel protected, is nothing more than an illusion. What we can do with a weapon in our hands can provoke more misfortune than the one we want to prevent.

In other words, if you're gonna die, it's a whole lot easier if you just lie down and die, than if you fight it out first.

Cool

lilit

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:13:22 PM

What is the difference between who and what will people kill each other? Still will be killed and will punish for it, and if you need someone for a crime and weapons, it will find it all the same. And it will not necessarily be legal. So the legalization of weapons is a question that goes away with itself.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:32:11 AM

Regarding Philando Castile:
It IS About The Gun –
Not Race, Not BOLOs, and Not Marijuana

But we are about punch holes in that theory and the theory that marijuana is a viable reason to decline someone their right to not only life; but to a jury of their peers.

Thanks to the horrible "reporting" from some sites (some known for propagating biased, fake news), many people assumed there was a warrant out for Philando Castile's arrest, so the cop had good reason to snuff out his life. Yet, oddly enough, they don't say that a BOLO (Be On The Lookout) is far from an arrest warrant. That distinction matters – a lot.

The people who claim to be for the protection of rights, smaller government, and more liberty seem to be casting those preferences aside when it comes to Castile's case. They are all for the execution of those who "fit BOLO descriptions" as long as the "thin blue line," aka, the government's enforcement arm, is the one who does the slaughtering.

Read more at http://www.thedailysheeple.com/regarding-philando-castile-it-is-about-the-gun-not-race-not-bolos-and-not-marijuana_062017.

Cool

Turbanshee

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:36:22 PM

I am a European.  I cannot understand why Americans want to have so many people owning guns.  I can see that yu want the freedom to do that, but I don't trust that everyone or even the majority of people can be trusted with a way to easily kill lots of people quickly.

In England people fight and there is knife crime, but generally you can pretty much run away from danger if someone goes crazy.  If someone comes with a semi-automatic weapon and starts spraying bullets around, I can run, but bullets are faster.

I wouldn't allow any hand guns, or automatic/semi-automatic weapons to be carried on the street or owned by anyone without serious assessment done in advance.  Americans will probably disagree, but I don't see these good guys with guns overwhelming the bad guys with guns, as good guys don't want to shoot people!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:11:58 PM

I am a European.  I cannot understand why Americans want to have so many people owning guns.  I can see that yu want the freedom to do that, but I don't trust that everyone or even the majority of people can be trusted with a way to easily kill lots of people quickly.

In England people fight and there is knife crime, but generally you can pretty much run away from danger if someone goes crazy.  If someone comes with a semi-automatic weapon and starts spraying bullets around, I can run, but bullets are faster.

I wouldn't allow any hand guns, or automatic/semi-automatic weapons to be carried on the street or owned by anyone without serious assessment done in advance.  Americans will probably disagree, but I don't see these good guys with guns overwhelming the bad guys with guns, as good guys don't want to shoot people!

The answer is simple. A gun is an equalizer against crime.

Most criminals pick on someone they think is weak. They have reasons for thinking a person is weak. A gun makes everyone strong enough to fight off the criminal.

Lots of guns in the hands of citizens, make a crook government leader think twice before he tries to take over the country.

Cool

Coins and Hardwork

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:58:14 PM

I think gun control is a must law of one's country. But we can't stop many illegal sellers of guns because there are many people making them. I think it is better of there are only one main source of gun, with that it will be safe and easy to track.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:14:04 AM

Looks to me like the social engineers have arranged a situation in Euro-land where there will be a high enough percentage of people who can become jihadist to about match the native populations who indoctrinated against self defense.  In combat effectiveness, that is.  That's one way to achieve a more sustainable population density I suppose.  Fun to watch too...for certain types of people at least.  Also pretty financially lucrative as well for those who can play the future with some insider information.

Nobody seemed to think to wonder about those crates of shotguns intercepted on their way from Italy to Belgium a year or two ago.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: