Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
SomethingMAD

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:44:50 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

Lol! I don't want to teach my kids about bitcoin.
Like I dont want them to be more focus on internet. I want them to play outside. Have dirt in their hands.
Play until get exhausted. Do some physical activities. Men just like the old days when technology didn't take our childhood.

Woah I feel nostalgic.  Kiss
Kids are suppose to have fun and explore the world, it's very complicated here in bitcoin and not good for children.
You need to have a strong mind in order to survive in this world of cryptocurrency. I plan to teach my kids when he is ready
and maybe the right age will be at least 18 years old.
I agree with you, little children should not be burdened about money / Bitcoin. And let it grow with its own world. The world of children.
That's right, children need to be given the freedom to learn and do what makes them happy. The days of childhood never comes back, if the time is missed then it's missed forever. At particular age very few gets intereat towards technology. So out of curiosity if they ask then it's our responsibility to teach them, until that they should not be disturbed.
Maybe in every country has a different culture. Everyone is free to do anything. We can see that change becomes more visible, they say freedom of expression.
Modern man may not know the age.
SomethingMAD

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:49:27 PM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

Lol! I don't want to teach my kids about bitcoin.
Like I dont want them to be more focus on internet. I want them to play outside. Have dirt in their hands.
Play until get exhausted. Do some physical activities. Men just like the old days when technology didn't take our childhood.

Woah I feel nostalgic.  Kiss
Kids are suppose to have fun and explore the world, it's very complicated here in bitcoin and not good for children.
You need to have a strong mind in order to survive in this world of cryptocurrency. I plan to teach my kids when he is ready
and maybe the right age will be at least 18 years old.
I agree with you, little children should not be burdened about money / Bitcoin. And let it grow with its own world. The world of children.
That's right, children need to be given the freedom to learn and do what makes them happy. The days of childhood never comes back, if the time is missed then it's missed forever. At particular age very few gets intereat towards technology. So out of curiosity if they ask then it's our responsibility to teach them, until that they should not be disturbed.
There is a child protection law. Children should not be exploited for economic purposes. And it is enforced in my country.
ChronoLite

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 03:32:23 PM

There is a child protection law. Children should not be exploited for economic purposes. And it is enforced in my country.
That's true, that's inappropriate to place kids to earn money while the important time on that day are playing and studying so there are no reason to make the kids earn money with Bitcoin. You can teach it later when they are enough but not for now.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 04:34:36 PM

That's true, that's inappropriate to place kids to earn money while the important time on that day are playing and studying so there are no reason to make the kids earn money with Bitcoin. You can teach it later when they are enough but not for now.
Mate the topic here is teaching kids about bitcoins but not to extent that you are teaching them to earn money from bitcoin. You can teach the kids on how bitcoin works through the lives of the people around the world, so that they will have proper understanding on what we're doing. My idea about with teaching kids is preparation in the future so that when they became mature enough they can apply the knowledge that they have from me as their sources of part time financial sources. This has made a good point of a preparatory education for the kids just like the economics education we've got from schools during school days at younger days of our lives.
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 634

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:03:32 PM

Teaching to kids about bitcoin seems really very technical for them and they wont really much got interested on it since they do engage on money since they do have still young minds and talking about money or bitcoin wont caught their interest which means teaching them would be somehow useless. Its possible but only when they grow up a little bit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Ardolafat

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:08:09 PM

Teaching to kids about bitcoin seems really very technical for them and they wont really much got interested on it since they do engage on money since they do have still young minds and talking about money or bitcoin wont caught their interest which means teaching them would be somehow useless. Its possible but only when they grow up a little bit.

That's true its not wise to teach kids about bitcoins at that early age as they will find it complicated and might not understand the concept of bitcoins and it will only waste our time and energy so its better ask them to concentrate on their routine life instead of getting into money matters.
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:23:17 AM

I think the best way to teach kids about Bitcoin is by playing games. Through the game we should send them the message with knowledge about Bitcoin on it. Besides, deciphering puzzles is also an effective way to teach children to approach and remember each time they meet right or wrong.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:00:06 AM

For kids i do not think it is necessary to detail because not old enough to know bitcoin deeper. Most only explain about the common bitcoin generallys only. Like the basics on bitcoin and the somethings that can still be understood by him. if want to try to plunge into bitcoin allowed for mining only. That's my opinion.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:46:43 AM

For kids i do not think it is necessary to detail because not old enough to know bitcoin deeper. Most only explain about the common bitcoin generallys only. Like the basics on bitcoin and the somethings that can still be understood by him. if want to try to plunge into bitcoin allowed for mining only. That's my opinion.
IMO, there is a right time for everything and bitcoin is not suitable for kids since this kind of payment system can also be
used for illegal activities. We should not expose our kids at an early age on the dirty reality of the world.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 06:38:01 AM

Explaining its certainly difficult to understand by kids, we must teach while the practice of collecting bitcoin for example by teaching kids to join bounty bitcoin, such as twitter bounty, after collected then kids will more know.
I don't think it's a good idea. Teaching kids should be academically related. This field I think is necessary for teens and adults only. Kids must think their education first before earning so that they can focus more in bulding their mind first.
Agree with you, i think it's not the time to give this to the little boy. Because it is not the time for them to work or understand the troublesome. They should learn in school instead of work. So I thought it would be better if you did not explain the bitcoin to him

For me it is not good to teach kid about bitcoin, its better to teach them their lesson in school instead of bitcoin because bitcoin is a work its not easy to learned bitcoin. Studying is important to the kids because at their age they set there mind in playing not working in bitcoin. We can teach them at the right time.

I agree with that, kids surely are capable to learn new things easily but that doesn't mean that their undertanding can cope up with that. Crypto currency will be too much for them. Also, cryto currency is not just about bitcoin and earning it. We all know how broad this topic is and that it also comes with the need to have an understanding about economics and its system, politics and etc.

Kids are not ready with that kind of learnings. Kids must experience first how to be young and enjoy at that age. There will be a right time for them to learn about bitcoin.

Though i don't see anything wrong with teaching kids about btc, i also don't think they have the interest to sustain a study of this. If it's a challenge explaining btc to adults who are just hearing btc for the first time, imagine how it would be for a kid whose interests are about playing games and watching cartoons. I don't think this would be a good idea.
Bitcoin should be explained to teens that are capable of understanding bitcoin. Also, teens can be easily interested when you explained bitcoin to them as they have things that they want for themselves and they are for sure finding ways on how they can get them. Kids should enjoy their childhood first, we don't need to pressure them with what bitcoin can do for them.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:04:39 AM

Explaining its certainly difficult to understand by kids, we must teach while the practice of collecting bitcoin for example by teaching kids to join bounty bitcoin, such as twitter bounty, after collected then kids will more know.
I don't think it's a good idea. Teaching kids should be academically related. This field I think is necessary for teens and adults only. Kids must think their education first before earning so that they can focus more in bulding their mind first.
Agree with you, i think it's not the time to give this to the little boy. Because it is not the time for them to work or understand the troublesome. They should learn in school instead of work. So I thought it would be better if you did not explain the bitcoin to him

For me it is not good to teach kid about bitcoin, its better to teach them their lesson in school instead of bitcoin because bitcoin is a work its not easy to learned bitcoin. Studying is important to the kids because at their age they set there mind in playing not working in bitcoin. We can teach them at the right time.

I agree with that, kids surely are capable to learn new things easily but that doesn't mean that their undertanding can cope up with that. Crypto currency will be too much for them. Also, cryto currency is not just about bitcoin and earning it. We all know how broad this topic is and that it also comes with the need to have an understanding about economics and its system, politics and etc.

Kids are not ready with that kind of learnings. Kids must experience first how to be young and enjoy at that age. There will be a right time for them to learn about bitcoin.

Though i don't see anything wrong with teaching kids about btc, i also don't think they have the interest to sustain a study of this. If it's a challenge explaining btc to adults who are just hearing btc for the first time, imagine how it would be for a kid whose interests are about playing games and watching cartoons. I don't think this would be a good idea.

Well obviously, you do not teach kids about bitcoins and other stuff that involves complex procedures due to the nature of them. Teaching them these kinds of stuff will get you nowhere since what's important for them at this early age is their own happiness and the stuff that gives them satisfaction BUT there is always a way to teach them the basics. The idea behind is that you do not teach them directly about bitcoins but you teach them the proper attitude of handling money. For example, if they want to buy something like a toy or a candy, they need to earn it first by cleaning their toys' mess or helping their mom with simple tasks. It does not need to be hard but the idea is still there. It might be different from teaching bitcoins but it helps them properly handle their money and also by EARNING it. Once they have matured, then that is the time to exposed them to bitcoins. The good thing here is that before you explain them everything by investing, they already have the proper attitude on handling and earning money. The context might be different but the idea is the same.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:30:32 AM

The best way to teach them is through games. New generation of kids are way more smart than us, games should be made which shows bitcoins instead of money and also show its uses.
Maybe it works to make them produce bitcoin. But I'm not sure they'll understand the bitcoin and how it works. However my idea I think little children can not understand too deeply about how bitcoin works. Their brains have not reached that yet
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:29:07 AM

I think the best way to teach kids about Bitcoin is by playing games. Through the game we should send them the message with knowledge about Bitcoin on it. Besides, deciphering puzzles is also an effective way to teach children to approach and remember each time they meet right or wrong.
That is also a good idea and best way to teach kids about bitcoin because kids is getting very interest in playing game and if we give them to teach about bitcoin through game or deciphering puzzle i hope they know about bitcoin very soon and in future they become a good traders and good investors, they will be earn money with more profit.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:56:43 AM

That is also a good idea and best way to teach kids about bitcoin because kids is getting very interest in playing game and if we give them to teach about bitcoin through game or deciphering puzzle i hope they know about bitcoin very soon and in future they become a good traders and good investors, they will be earn money with more profit.
It is not a good practice for a kid to fake their emotions because we want to do something that they don't know. We don't need to exposed them in video games to just earn bitcoin because it is too early and playing too much video games will make them distracted for their concentrations like studies and other more important things than just earning bitcoin.
Joshua101101

Activity: 378

https://saturn.black

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:24:41 AM

Children can show bitcoins in the form of games, if they are interested. But you do not need to force to learn about bitcoin, because they will be uninteresting and they do not understand anything.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:35:56 PM

Well obviously, you do not teach kids about bitcoins and other stuff that involves complex procedures due to the nature of them. Teaching them these kinds of stuff will get you nowhere since what's important for them at this early age is their own happiness and the stuff that gives them satisfaction BUT there is always a way to teach them the basics. The idea behind is that you do not teach them directly about bitcoins but you teach them the proper attitude of handling money. For example, if they want to buy something like a toy or a candy, they need to earn it first by cleaning their toys' mess or helping their mom with simple tasks. It does not need to be hard but the idea is still there. It might be different from teaching bitcoins but it helps them properly handle their money and also by EARNING it. Once they have matured, then that is the time to exposed them to bitcoins. The good thing here is that before you explain them everything by investing, they already have the proper attitude on handling and earning money. The context might be different but the idea is the same.

This huge block of text sums up to: "Teach your kids how to manage money by making them earn it through small tasks." Really, though? Your kid has to clean the house before he can ever have money? Well congratulations to you for having small maids. Congratulations for having your very own slave. Kids aren't meant to do these things because they are just kids. They have to focus 100% on learning new things in life. Kids wouldn't appreciate what you're doing to them. At some point your kid might even think that he's being enslaved.

Your kid will grow up thinking that every thing has to have something in return. Once they helped somebody else, they would always expect money. Even when they are helping a friend, they will expect the friend to do something about it but life isn't like that. Life isn't fair. You do something good to someone, you don't know if he's going to pay back. Your kids will be devastated when they found out about that.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:33:07 PM

It is okay to give it a try and teach kids about bitcoin. However, I do not think that kids would pay attention or even listen to you. The majority of kids want to play and have fun. I would recommend teaching teenagers about bitcoin. The latter is not too easy to deal with. You need a stable brain to grasp how bitcoin is all about. You need to do lots of researches. And I do not think kids are capable of doing that, especially kids of nowadays. 
santieevanz

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:14:09 AM

Well in this generation, i can say that the kids now are smart enough to pick up things about bitcoins.. but then, i still want you to know that it is better to teach them how to earn money through "bitcoin thingy" consider the other games that most of the kids really want. but then, let's  be aware that we need to remind them that they should learn not to focus their attention in making money so much because they are still kids who needs to enjoy the childhood stuff. but then, kids are still minors and for me, it is better for them to wait for the right age.

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:47:19 AM

The best way to teach them is through games. New generation of kids are way more smart than us, games should be made which shows bitcoins instead of money and also show its uses.
The current generation is the millennium generation where technology has become a toy for them. Every child already has their own gadgets and they already understand how to use their gadgets. But even then I still doubt if they can understand deeply about bitcoin
LegendOF45

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:11:27 PM

This is a difficult thing because bitcoin is not enough to tell once let alone to kids, I think the best way to introduce bitcoin to kids is with a smartphone or invite with bitcoin game.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: