Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:25:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
Kava

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:34:35 PM

This is a difficult thing because bitcoin is not enough to tell once let alone to kids, I think the best way to introduce bitcoin to kids is with a smartphone or invite with bitcoin game.

Now there are many games where you can earn satoshi. But I do not think that the child will understand the difference between dollars and satoshi. It will be necessary to tell more about what distinguishes Fiat from the crypto currency. And it's very difficult

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:53:38 PM

Why teach children what is bitcoin. I think that it is enough that they just knew about its existence. For this you can use any game with a payout Satoshi or taps. When they grow up they will decide for themselves what they need to know about crypto currency.
tagitalian

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:44:34 PM

I didn't see that coming. haha First teach them to use paper money, after they get it then continue with Bitcoin lessons.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 08:53:15 PM

Well obviously, you do not teach kids about bitcoins and other stuff that involves complex procedures due to the nature of them. Teaching them these kinds of stuff will get you nowhere since what's important for them at this early age is their own happiness and the stuff that gives them satisfaction BUT there is always a way to teach them the basics. The idea behind is that you do not teach them directly about bitcoins but you teach them the proper attitude of handling money. For example, if they want to buy something like a toy or a candy, they need to earn it first by cleaning their toys' mess or helping their mom with simple tasks. It does not need to be hard but the idea is still there. It might be different from teaching bitcoins but it helps them properly handle their money and also by EARNING it. Once they have matured, then that is the time to exposed them to bitcoins. The good thing here is that before you explain them everything by investing, they already have the proper attitude on handling and earning money. The context might be different but the idea is the same.

This huge block of text sums up to: "Teach your kids how to manage money by making them earn it through small tasks." Really, though? Your kid has to clean the house before he can ever have money? Well congratulations to you for having small maids. Congratulations for having your very own slave. Kids aren't meant to do these things because they are just kids. They have to focus 100% on learning new things in life. Kids wouldn't appreciate what you're doing to them. At some point your kid might even think that he's being enslaved.

Your kid will grow up thinking that every thing has to have something in return. Once they helped somebody else, they would always expect money. Even when they are helping a friend, they will expect the friend to do something about it but life isn't like that. Life isn't fair. You do something good to someone, you don't know if he's going to pay back. Your kids will be devastated when they found out about that.
You wouldn't be paying them for everything though... It's not that bad to make them do some chores for their weekly allowance, it doesn't mean that they suddenly become your maids, that's a bit of a stretch imo.
It teaches the kid that having good work ethics is rewarding, which he would also benefit from later in life.

And they'll probably be better at managing their money because they've worked for it, seems like a good lesson to teach them about the value of money.

hritevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:05:44 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

I had some inner feeling, that bitcoin and crypto generally is not suitable for kids yet..kids should had different interests than mining difficulty, finance models, PGP and inflation..Smiley

I want to be honest here, since  we are all talking about kids using bitcoin, then i'm gonna say that the cyrpto-currency or what we call bitcoin is not suitable for kids. Why? because they are still kids who need to enjoy their interests like playing games on the playground, watch animes and others. Teaching them how to earn and how to manage the money we gave to them would be very helpful.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:01:21 AM

This is a difficult lesson let alone kids, they prefer to play rather than recognize bitcoin, if we want to introduce bitcoin, then it is best practice directly (eg bitcoin faucet)...

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Pinyadrian

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:18:36 PM

We can't normally teach kids about bitcoin. Why? First is that they don't know the value of money. They just sit around, play around, etc. They don't have the interest for the money. All they do is to ask their parents buy their wants or may I say toys which is the things they want so bad. If you can teach them, well it's great.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:06:37 AM

We can't normally teach kids about bitcoin. Why? First is that they don't know the value of money. They just sit around, play around, etc. They don't have the interest for the money. All they do is to ask their parents buy their wants or may I say toys which is the things they want so bad. If you can teach them, well it's great.

You're right. Btc and crypto, and money matters in general, aren't really for kids to understand yet. Well if you can make kids understand the value of hard earned money early on in their lives then that would be extremely good but only if they show interest in it. If not, then don't bother. It will come in time when they grow up that they'll need these money lessons

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
livinglightning

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:13:28 AM

Games are the best way to teach kids about bitcoins. Through which they are more exposed to bitcoin.
I think it's pretty early to teach kids about bitcoin. Before teaching them about bitcoin they must learn to use the money. Bitcoin is related to the world economy, I think finding it suitable at a larger age
AmiranAbdul

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:02:29 PM

First, children should have childhood, and then when they want to play something more serious, you can tell them about bitcoin in the form of a game. Force to impose is not necessary, because the interest will be lost for a long time.

qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:11:29 PM

Well obviously, you do not teach kids about bitcoins and other stuff that involves complex procedures due to the nature of them. Teaching them these kinds of stuff will get you nowhere since what's important for them at this early age is their own happiness and the stuff that gives them satisfaction BUT there is always a way to teach them the basics. The idea behind is that you do not teach them directly about bitcoins but you teach them the proper attitude of handling money. For example, if they want to buy something like a toy or a candy, they need to earn it first by cleaning their toys' mess or helping their mom with simple tasks. It does not need to be hard but the idea is still there. It might be different from teaching bitcoins but it helps them properly handle their money and also by EARNING it. Once they have matured, then that is the time to exposed them to bitcoins. The good thing here is that before you explain them everything by investing, they already have the proper attitude on handling and earning money. The context might be different but the idea is the same.

This huge block of text sums up to: "Teach your kids how to manage money by making them earn it through small tasks." Really, though? Your kid has to clean the house before he can ever have money? Well congratulations to you for having small maids. Congratulations for having your very own slave. Kids aren't meant to do these things because they are just kids. They have to focus 100% on learning new things in life. Kids wouldn't appreciate what you're doing to them. At some point your kid might even think that he's being enslaved.

Your kid will grow up thinking that every thing has to have something in return. Once they helped somebody else, they would always expect money. Even when they are helping a friend, they will expect the friend to do something about it but life isn't like that. Life isn't fair. You do something good to someone, you don't know if he's going to pay back. Your kids will be devastated when they found out about that.

You don't seem to understand my point then, what I am telling is that you teach your kids the basic manners and attitude in the household before they earn something. Also, it does not mean that if you have MAIDS inside your house, you'll rely on them fully. The example that I gave is about properly cleaning the toys that they used and not complicated household chores like washing the dishes or any. I was brought-up by my parents that I need to work first before I earn something and it helped me being a patient and hardworking person. Though it may vary, but the idea is still there.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:21:10 PM

This is a difficult lesson let alone kids, they prefer to play rather than recognize bitcoin, if we want to introduce bitcoin, then it is best practice directly (eg bitcoin faucet)...
well this is the way o the world they will learn it anyway, we don’t need to teach them that. Money finds a way itself to man’s conscience. I agree for now let them be, let them play eat sleep repeat. One more thing technical evolution is very aggressive, my 3 years old cousins play strategy games on mobiles while I used to eat mud at that age.

wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:10:29 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 04:44:03 AM by wahb

Games are the best way to teach kids about bitcoins. Through which they are more exposed to bitcoin.
I think it's pretty early to teach kids about bitcoin. Before teaching them about bitcoin they must learn to use the money. Bitcoin is related to the world economy, I think finding it suitable at a larger age
I think they should restrict to their nature and physical games which is more beneficial for them. I think they have nothing to do anything with bitcoin, even if they learn about bitcoin. they should give preference to their study and after  completing their study they should take active part in bitccoin.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:39:21 AM

I think they should restrict to their nature and physical games which is more beneficial for them. I think they have nothing to do anything with bitcoin, even if they learn about bitcoin.
Crypto is very risky for kinds especially without the guidance of the parents, they have to fully understand it first in order to determine
the benefits and the possible risk to them. Gambling is popular in crypto and I don't want kids to get addicted with it, if matured people is having
a hard time to control themselves, how about kids, I'm sure they are vulnerable.
HarringtonStark

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 08:18:03 AM

I think they should restrict to their nature and physical games which is more beneficial for them. I think they have nothing to do anything with bitcoin, even if they learn about bitcoin.
Crypto is very risky for kinds especially without the guidance of the parents, they have to fully understand it first in order to determine
the benefits and the possible risk to them. Gambling is popular in crypto and I don't want kids to get addicted with it, if matured people is having
a hard time to control themselves, how about kids, I'm sure they are vulnerable.

More devs should develop kiddie games based of cartoons where the player will be rewarded with small amounts of bitcoins. Online game tounaments with bitcoin prizes would be exciting. Parents supervision is a must though as to prevent addiction.

guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:22:00 PM

Lol! I agree with you pal. It’s though hard to teach kids about bitcoins, to make them understand what digital currency is and what exactly crypto market is all about. But it’s not a bad idea to discuss bitcoins with kids because they have sharp minds and can easily pick things. All we need is to develop their interest.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:24:39 PM

In terms of technology if they are not interested then it is ok but if the time came when bitcoin will be used widely everywhere and it becomes the need of the daily life then at that time we have to invite our kids to be the part of this community because then they will remain numbed from the world affairs and will not be able to take part in the businesses and financial affairs of the world.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:32:40 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
I don't think it is right for them to teach them so early about bitcoin, maybe you could do first is to teach them to know the value of money first because internet is not really good for children, they will got to search unpleasant things without knowing. So maybe it is better to wait your child until they can earn their own money trough bitcoin. Maybe around 16 years old is the right age for them to teach bitcoin.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:38:16 AM

I think:
Sent BTC like sent a email and exchange BTC to real money only one step!
All you need: Store private key with only you can used!
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:30:55 AM

Lol! I agree with you pal. It’s though hard to teach kids about bitcoins, to make them understand what digital currency is and what exactly crypto market is all about. But it’s not a bad idea to discuss bitcoins with kids because they have sharp minds and can easily pick things. All we need is to develop their interest.
Maybe a little boy will understand a little about my own money and nephew is 7 years old and he already knows a little about money, and buy things with money but as an uncle I understood a bit of his thinking. I think it will be difficult to explain how bitcoin works. Even i doubt they can use bitcoin?
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: