Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence  (Read 146787 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 03:45:12 AM

Im tired of scammers hiding behind established forum members.

JRO using DeadTerra to raise funds.
Alberto Armandi using Meni Rosenfeld
Pirate using PPT operators.
is BFL using Inaba another one to add to this list ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 03:45:31 AM

What a lame debate. All we have to do is wait six weeks. If they ship it, apologize. If they don't, you can whine and complain and do whatever you guys do.
I try to avoid scams before they happen, not say "I told you so" after they happen.  "I told you so" doesn't get my bitcoin back (btw I don't actually have any pre-orders...or bitcoins at the moment lol)

Lol this whole forum and bitcoin system reminds me sooooo much of Tortuga from Pirates of the Caribbean it's not even funny Tongue except only some of us are drinking, lol.
Desolator

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 03:48:27 AM

okay, I'm as pissed at Sketchy McShadyLabs (probably not copyrighted yet btw, just throwing that out there, lol) for being so sneaky and not up front but if all they're doing is having the owner take funds that he's not supposed to take but they are makign ASICs and are about to ship and then he gets busted and the whole operation gets shut down, nobody's getting their pre-orders cuz nobody would be running the company!
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 03:49:17 AM

What a lame debate. All we have to do is wait six weeks. If they ship it, apologize. If they don't, you can whine and complain and do whatever you guys do.
Again, why would anyone need to apologize for raising perfectly valid concerns? Look at the town hall thread, questions are all reasonable, and remain unanswered.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Desolator

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:03:34 AM

What the fuck is going on around here?  I am completely certain that someone in this very post around page 11-12 had posted an alleged picture of the jalapeno.  It was all white, mac style, with an inlaid jalapeno logo.  It had about a dozen signs of being fakes.

Now it's been taken down or something.  Hey, guess who downloaded a copy (on a different computer 15 miles away but repost pending).  So if this is some wacko coverup, start typing your explanation by bright and early tomorrow morning, lol.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 04:04:29 AM

okay, I'm as pissed at Sketchy McShadyLabs (probably not copyrighted yet btw, just throwing that out there, lol) for being so sneaky and not up front but if all they're doing is having the owner take funds that he's not supposed to take but they are makign ASICs and are about to ship and then he gets busted and the whole operation gets shut down, nobody's getting their pre-orders cuz nobody would be running the company!

I'm under the impression that, with 22 employees, Sonny's position may not be very critical to the company, and it will continue to run and ship without him.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 04:05:47 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2012, 05:03:49 AM by Inaba

Okay, Josh, I believe it was you, who had proven that initial (first generation) BFL’s product was real and the whole operation took off because of it. (Please do correct me if i’m wrong) While it does seems ‘unfair’ that after donning staff’s mantle you no longer enjoy the same trust, why can’t you consider doing the same with the current generation using another ‘trusted’ community member/pool operator? Why was not it done properly in London, where you had allegedly had a working prototype? Please do not just go ‘free strategic information’ again, there are plenty of ways around it, and all what such a demo could do (provided at least key info is true and you are not unreasonably late with your product) is not only to confirm your market share but also gain you plenty of new customers.

Who would that be?  Did you bother to read the kind of bullshit that was slung about even after I verified and posted my findings?  There's simply no point, it doesn't matter what's produced... I mean, check this shit out:

INABA and BFL both stated that butterfly labs make custom chips...
yet........ its not a custom chip designed by BFL

it's a altera atratix3 EP3SL150F780 FPGA.

so goodluck BFL talking yourselves out of your websites quote for last 11 months:
quote: Butterfly Labs manufactures a line of high speed encryption processors for use in research, telecommunication and security applications.

if you cannot design a custom chip and need to import it at FPGA level. then designing a ASIC chip will be even harder to produce.

would love to see their dust free lab where they make their chips..

We are literally almost a year into shipping FPGA products, with thousands, THOUSANDS of these in the field and idiots like Franky1 still don't believe they exist.  They, quite literally, make up the stuff like you see in that quote out of thin air and try to pass it off as reality.  How the hell is it possible to compete with people who are completely disconnected from reality?  It's impossible... there is no amount of proof that will satisfy this forum.  None.  Thousands of shipped units and people still don't believe, there is simply nothing more that can be done.

We never claimed to demo or have an ASIC unit in London.  I have no idea where that got started, but it wasn't us.

Inaba, even if you think this forum is "unbecoming of a venue for public discourse" you are still here speaking on behalf of BFL.

I'm not speaking on behalf of BFL.  I never said I was speaking on behalf of BFL.  If I were speaking on behalf of BFL, I would post with BFL_Josh.  As it is, I'm speaking on behalf of reality and common sense.  It's in very short supply here at Bitcointalk central.

Your lack of professionalism alone is enough to make me not want to ever do business with BFL.  

But add to that the news about the convicted scammer in charge... and his delay in responding to concerns... well Jesus!  
How could you ever think people would 'not' be upset, especially given the recent history of scams in Bitcoin land???

Fair enough, buy a competing product.  I'm sorry that I don't hold your hand and whisper sweet nothings in your ear.  I am so very sorry that I'm not the kind of customer service person who caters to every unreasonable whim you might have. I am super duper extra sorry that I am not the COO who will tell you anything you want to hear just to keep you as a customer.  Really, I am.  But the fact is, I am blunt and to the point.  If someone is being an idiot, I will tell them they are being an idiot.  If they ask why, I will be glad to explain why they are being an idiot.  The problem is, this forum is full of every kind of idiot under the sun, so my work week is rather long.  I don't get paid to do this, so sometimes I take a break.  I do it because it's  something I enjoy doing, when it ceases to be enjoyable, I stop.  So go ahead and cry me a river about how I hurt your feelings with my harsh words that bruised your little ego... then, by all means, build a bridge and get the fuck over it.  

The entitlement of some of the members of this forum is nothing short of astounding.  The information some of you think you deserve is utterly ludicrous... the fact of the matter is, if this market is so easy and it's so obvious how to proceed, I ask you this:  Why aren't you doing it? Why aren't you rich? Why are you here, asking me or BFL questions instead of developing your own product and marketing it?  In fact, if it's so easy and obvious, why do you need to know the answers?  You should already know them!

What's totally awesome about Bitcointalk, though, is the fact that every time I think people have demonstrated that they have reached some sort of plateau of ridiculouslness; Just when it appears that the mother fucking Mount Olympus of Batshit Crazy has been conquered, the BitcoinTalk flag planted firmly in its peak, one of you fucking idiots manages to come along and shine a bright, white hot burning spotlight of incredulity on the fact that we are only in the foothills of Crazytown and the Peak of Insanity & Entitlement still looms far above.   It's truly breathtaking in a sick sort of way.  

God damn, I love you idiots sometimes.  You give me hope that if I ever have a child and they are so retarded as to be a veritable vegetable, I can still point at the cute little veggie and say "Well, at least you're smarter than most of the people on Bitcointalk."  And it will give me comfort.  

*EDIT* 2700'th post, fucking awesome!  

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
JMAHH

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:15:51 AM

God damn, I love you idiots sometimes.  You give me hope that if I ever have a child and they are so retarded as to be a veritable vegetable, I can still point at the cute little veggie and say "Well, at least your smarter than most of the people on Bitcointalk."  And it will give me comfort.  

Josh. Have you ever heard of PR management? Even if this is not your official BFL account, you still do represent that company regardless of what profile you're posting from...  Embarrassed
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 04:20:39 AM

Seriously... did you not just read what I wrote?  Four paragraphs up man.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:29:40 AM

What's totally awesome about Bitcointalk, though, is the fact that every time I think people have demonstrated that they have reached some sort of plateau of ridiculouslness; Just when it appears that the mother fucking Mount Olympus of Batshit Crazy has been conquered, the BitcoinTalk flag planted firmly in the peak, one of you fucking idiots manages to come along and shine a bright, white hot burning spotlight of incredulity on the fact that we are only in the foothills of Crazytown and the peak of insanity and entitlement still looms far above.   It's truly breathtaking in a sick sort of way.  

God damn, I love you idiots sometimes.  You give me hope that if I ever have a child and they are so retarded as to be a veritable vegetable, I can still point at the cute little veggie and say "Well, at least your smarter than most of the people on Bitcointalk."  And it will give me comfort.  

You sound like someone who got screwed on an auction run through this forum, then tried to get sympathy via a new post, then had almost all of the community who bothered to post mock and humiliate you.

I guess I'd be bitter to if that had happened to me...but I don't think I'd be as inclined to lump all of the participants of the forum into such a tight group.

Hi rating on your post for funny, BTW.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:29:53 AM

Seriously... did you not just read what I wrote?  Four paragraphs up man.

This forum knows you are BFL_Josh.  As a result, your posts will be interpreted as somebody who represents BFL regardless of which name you use.  Switching forum names doesn't change the fact that your posting does represent BFL.  The same way many companies will fire employees if their actions outside the workplace are having a negative impact on the company.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:34:24 AM

INABA u quote my message but waffle about something unrelated to the quote..

BFL did not CREATE the CHIP!!! for the FPGA...

they imported the chip..

BFL are not manufacturers.. they are re-branders...

flame me all u like.. im not the one asking for $600+ off of people.. but just answer this..

did the FPGA chip used on the singles get designed and created by BFL. or is it a third party product..

this question is not about the shiny box, or the circuit board. just the chip...

it's a altera atratix3 EP3SL150F780 FPGA.

remember ur websites slogan 'manufacturing micro porcessors" (not verbatim)

people are not saying FPGA's are a fraud but ASICS are questionable especially when a few DIFFERENT people reversed engineered singles to find out they are third party parts. so if u cant design a FPGA then designing a ASIC from scratch is even less plausible.

and last think Sonny is ur director, not just an employee.. so stop with that lie.. its on government record....
<wait for a waffly flaming answer, and not a diplomatic professional answer>

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 04:35:14 AM

Ok, let me get this straight... BFL gets nothing but shit constantly on Bitcointalk.  Literally nothing positive comes out of Bitcointalk as far as BFL goes whenever we announce/post/do anything, so somehow magically my posts are going to make that... worse?  

Sorry, no.  I'm not buying it.  

Franky1:  Reality, it's not just for breakfast anymore.  Please buy some.

Desolator

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:35:37 AM

OMG he's still not getting it.  for 2700 posts, you don't know much about the bitcoin community.  Here are some bitcoin laws of physics.

1. there is precedent for major, ultra long term scams like that pirateat40 investment guy.  He paid out for months and months, "proving" his operation was legit...then scammed everyone.  There have been countless scams involving people with 1000+ post counts.

2. the more you assure people you're not operating a scam, the less they believe you because the more scammy you seem

3. at this point, every single member on this forum has their BS-ometer set to maxium redline overload.  Expect hostility, investigating, dibelief, demands for proof, and extreme suspicion of proven ex-convicts of fraud related crimes, lol.

To avoid mishandling 1, 2, and 3, simply stop posting stuff that falls into #2 and just sit tight and ship the new chips eventually, lol.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 04:38:08 AM

Haha I'm not assuring anyone of anything anymore. I simply do not care what people think.  There is literally no way to satisfy the forums, so there is no reason to continue to try.  People are either connected to reality or they are disconnected from it (take Franky as a wonderful example) and nothing I say is going to change that.  I can present all the evidence in the world that the sky is blue and tons of people here will still scream that it's green.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:42:02 AM

cheers for the waffle. thats 12 attempts on different forums requesting a straight answer which u reply with waffle and no substance..

your professionalism in PR is 0% good luck with your next career, hope you get your job at the bank back

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 04:43:57 AM

Franky: I haven't responded because you are beyond absurd.  You are, in fact, probably the most absurd of just about everyone here at this point.

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:45:29 AM

Haha I'm not assuring anyone of anything anymore. I simply do not care what people think.  There is literally no way to satisfy the forums, so there is no reason to continue to try.  People are either connected to reality or they are disconnected from it (take Franky as a wonderful example) and nothing I say is going to change that.  I can present all the evidence in the world that the sky is blue and tons of people here will still scream that it's green.

Franky may not know the difference between an FPGA, an ASIC, and a structured ASIC. But you are making the situation even worse. A blanket "this is ridiculous" or "this is beyond absurd" is not a response. Either do some PR or STFU.

edit: the issue here is Sonny's $25M fraud. You haven't addressed that all. Instead you are here just further stirring up shit.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:46:22 AM

Haha I'm not assuring anyone of anything anymore. I simply do not care what people think.  There is literally no way to satisfy the forums, so there is no reason to continue to try.  People are either connected to reality or they are disconnected from it (take Franky as a wonderful example) and nothing I say is going to change that.  I can present all the evidence in the world that the sky is blue and tons of people here will still scream that it's green.

But hey.. Why bother take some pics, show some screen shots of the software running, and other simple things. That could give competitors some magical advantage that they can use in six weeks.... Or maybe something aint right in asicville?

I know some pics and vid would allow me to beat them to market within six weeks with bitcoin asics. Right guys?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 04:54:12 AM

ok ill stay on topic with a direct question

why is sonny listed as the director when he purchased the incorporation title in wyoming from the then defaulted biotech company.

if you say he is only an employee?

please 1 straight answer. no waffle. no obscenities.. a straight answer from a rep of a company asking for hundreds of dollars from customers..

is sonny a director?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: