Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:42:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence  (Read 146787 times)
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:23:33 AM

So, the summary I have so far:
Sonny Vleisides, the guy who was involved in the $25mil scam, is a high level executive, but without majority holding, and thus no control of the company.
Chris Vleisides, his stepfather, is the president of the company.
Andrew Vleisides, Sonny's cousin, registered the domain, and I guess likely runs the website.
Nasser Ghoseiri is the CEO of the company.
The company bought a defunct corporate name, and is incorporated in a different state (which are both understandable, since to register a new corp costs ~$150 instead of $50, and likely Missouri has shit corporate laws).
Most of the money sent to the company is converted to USD right away, and resides in a business checking account.
The corporation is using standard financial controls, including multiple signatures required on checks.

Did I get anything wrong?

That seems fine, with the caveat that some of the statements above are hear-say from the interview (no offense, enmaku). If Sonny and other BFL executives step out and answer at least some of the questions in the Town Hall thread, we can add "according to..." to some of the stuff above, and move on.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 08:32:20 AM

I posed this question on another thread, and now believe this is the better place to ask it again.

Has Josh ever published his last name on this forum or elsewhere? I'm not asking so that I can hunt via that information, but because I believe I found something and am ready to publish it, and what to make sure. I'm a tad tired now and don't want to post any misleading information and fuck up my recent track record.  Grin Grin Grin

That said, I'm going to bed now, and in the morning I'll see if this question is answered. I'll review my findings after being rested and, if warranted, will post in this thread.

Hold off on your orders until you read what I've found, but restart ordering if my newly found info is bogus, then continue to order until I say stop again.

Night, all.

~Bruno~
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:05:07 AM

Sonny Vleisides, the guy who was involved in the $25mil scam, is a high level executive, but without majority holding, and thus no control of the company.
Andrew Vleisides, Sonny's cousin, registered the domain, and I guess likely runs the website.
The company bought a defunct corporate name, and is incorporated in a different state (which are both understandable, since to register a new corp costs ~$150 instead of $50, and likely Missouri has shit corporate laws).
Most of the money sent to the company is converted to USD right away, and resides in a business checking account.
The corporation is using standard financial controls, including multiple signatures required on checks.

Nope, sounds good.
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:37:15 AM

Does sonny have access to millions that have not been recovered from the scam, and is he using bfl to launder the money?

I like this one Smiley though, I would seriously doubt using the company directly to launder it...but, running a company that makes washing machines could be a serious bonus for a guy who's held onto a bunch of dirty funds.

As far as taking over a defunct corporation: A lot of companies won't extend credit of any sort to newly registered companies - they want companies that have been in business for 2,3,5,10 yrs. This is a primary reason I tried to reacquire a company I sold years ago (and was defunct when I tried to reacquire it). I'd guess also that there's a calculated guess that vendors won't perform the same level of due diligence on an older corp than a new one, and thus not necessarily see the current owner's conviction for fraud. Save $100? LOLZ.

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:48:53 AM

running a company that makes washing machines could be a serious bonus for a guy who's held onto a bunch of dirty funds.

Absolutely, good thinking.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 07:10:59 PM

I mentioned above that I'm going to pen a post about a guy named Josh and BFL of which I'm going to do now, but do feel it may not be a proper fit here given the title and theme of this thread. Likewise, the Town Hall thread doesn't seem right either. That said, I'm going to start a thread in Off-topic on what I've found, that way, if warranted, the information will migrate to its proper locale.

Remember, archive.org accepts bitcoins.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 09:24:21 PM

As promised, here's the new thread with the most recent information I've uncovered concerning Bitforce Consultancy LLC and some guy named Josh. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112832.0

~Bruno~
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 10:11:01 PM

Why are you being so irresponsible, that's my question?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:36:28 PM

Why are you being so irresponsible, that's my question?

It should be pretty obvious, I'd think.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Phineas P. Gage (1823–1860) was an American railroad construction foreman now remembered for his improbable survival of an accident in which a large iron rod was driven completely through his head, destroying much of his brain's left frontal lobe, and for that injury's reported effects on his personality and behavior
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 11:42:18 PM

When a fool makes something not so foolish (like putting obvious BS at off-topic thread), you have to know it is only a mistake which he will correct gladly soon.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 12:57:56 AM

When a fool makes something not so foolish (like putting obvious BS at off-topic thread), you have to know it is only a mistake which he will correct gladly soon.

I simply wanted the information out there for all to see and felt that Off-topic was the best place to present my findings so not to derail any ongoing threads. Was just trying to be considerate.

~Bruno~
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 01:42:18 AM

on this note id like INABA to confirm nasser is the CEO and takes a active role in the BFL offices. and is not just a back seat passenger with a glossy name badge while sonny takes the reigns and does the driving?

no waffle please, no insults .. just one straight forward answer for once. take a sip of coffee before u reply INABA, stay relaxed and just answer the question in a diplomatic and mature way.

is nasser CEO .. and does he play an active role in the BFL offices and is not a back seat passenger while someone else is in the driving seat?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 02:01:22 AM

I simply wanted the information out there for all to see and felt that Off-topic was the best place to present my findings so not to derail any ongoing threads. Was just trying to be considerate.

Considerate?  Really?  I'll let poor Josh Wepman know you were just trying to be "considerate."

Franky1: Please shut up.  Your inane babbling is almost as bad as Mem's ridiculously childish insults.  Are you related to him or something?  You do know he's declared mentally handicapped by Australian law, right?  You are striving to be equal to a mentally challenged person, please rise above that level at least.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 02:10:28 AM

Considerate?  Really?  I'll let poor Josh Wepman know you were just trying to be "considerate."

Franky1: Please shut up.  Your inane babbling is almost as bad as Mem's ridiculously childish insults.  Are you related to him or something?  You do know he's declared mentally handicapped by Australian law, right?  You are striving to be equal to a mentally challenged person, please rise above that level at least.

Inaba... Since you are apparently so superior in every way, can't you use your mental capacities to make this forum a better place?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 02:29:08 AM

answer one single question with actual maturity.. your waffles of insults are useless and makes you look like you are incompetent in your role of a corporate spokesperson,

so again 1 single straight answer

is nasser CEO .. and does he play an active role in the BFL offices and is not a back seat passenger while someone else is in the driving seat?

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 02:38:12 AM

Franky1, here is my single answer:  Please shut up.

If you want waffles, go to Waffle House (or Huddle House, depending on where you live.  Although I don't know if "The back woods of Arkansas" has Huddle Houses)

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 02:48:24 AM

lol INABA i love your insults, and your lack of answers. as you know by answering it i already have the proof that opposes the answer..

although BFL has said nasser is CEO. he actually lives and works in france. for a bank. so nasser is just the glossy face to put onto the company paperwork as being the CEO, but does not do any day to day work in BFL US (kansas) offices.

if anything its most likely skype calls.

let me guess sonny does the day to day BFL stuff....

but i bet he only wants to be called officially.. a supervisor..

shadier then the dark side of the moon

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 03:08:12 AM

Franky, your tinfoil hat shit wore thin about three weeks ago.  I'm just tired of your constant haranguing.  If you were ever able to provide any facts that wern't fabricated, we'd have had very different conversations... but you proved yourself to be far to disconnected from reality to engage in any sort of serious manner.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:29:17 AM

Franky, your tinfoil hat shit wore thin about three weeks ago.  I'm just tired of your constant haranguing.  If you were ever able to provide any facts that wern't fabricated, we'd have had very different conversations... but you proved yourself to be far to disconnected from reality to engage in any sort of serious manner.

read your own comments from december 2011.. u even photographed the building.. so their your tin foil hat idea's..

so seriously about nasser... CEO - day to day running inside the BFL in the USA.. confirm or deny..

<waits for more waffle without straight answers...>

please once show some maturity and earn your wage being a spokesman for a shady company.. 1 straight answer..

does nasser do the day to day running of the company inhouse??

fact: http://www.facebook.com/nasser.ghoseiri nasser's facebook.

location paris.. and yes before u try to say thats not its the same nasser that works for BFL.. atleast look at the 'likes' page.. BFL FPGA..

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:33:13 AM

Franky, your tinfoil hat shit wore thin about three weeks ago.  I'm just tired of your constant haranguing.  If you were ever able to provide any facts that wern't fabricated, we'd have had very different conversations... but you proved yourself to be far to disconnected from reality to engage in any sort of serious manner.

If you would answer Franky1's question i'm, sure he would stop badgering you. What's the problem? What do you have to hide? If nothing, you would answer the damn question.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: