Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417149 times)
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:29:32 AM

I think no but they will similar at some time because both this money are very popular in different country like here in philippines,the transaction of dollar here in philippines is so fast to exchange in our own money called php and in bitcoin we have wallet that you can exchange also in a second both similar and good to know how to use

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:55:21 PM

Not before long... Simply because the technological innovation is even now fairly younger and we want much more adopters.
Absolutely! It is not possible in the near future, but I think there is nothing in this world which cannot happen. Anything is possible and we cannot predict the future. There are chances that a day will come when we see Bitcoin replacing dollar. I think if this thing happens, then we may be able to see a completely different world.
It may not seem possible for  lot of people that bitcoin can replace the dollar because the dollar has been the most used currency worldwide for our entire lives, but that happens all the time, before the dollar the British pound was king among currencies until the day it was not and it was replaced by the dollar, so this is a process that has happened before and if the US keeps printing dollar then we are going to see bitcoin or other crypto replacing the dollar in the future.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:02:05 PM

i think that nothing is impossible. The problem is only time, and time here will be counted as a millennium or more and I do not think we'll be alive to see that happen. But now I can be for sure that in the near future, bitcoin will replace the dollar because eventually everyone will use bitcoin.
You are right in bitcoin anything can happen any time because the use of the bitcoin is increasing more and more. The people who were not even accepting bitcoin are now ready to invest money in bitcoin. They are making good profit using bitcoin they will make the bitcoin more popular if they will start promoting bitcoin on TV as well I hope soon bitcoin will become the legal currency.
Senen Pahing

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:56:55 PM

I'm not sure bitcoin can replace dollar soon, this can be seen from marketcap in total, the dollar is still very large and maybe bitcoin is not more than 1% of total marketcap dollar, so it takes a very long time.
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:50:50 AM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
Nope that cant happen. Maybe after 20 years or something. Many people doesnt even know what Bitcoin is and that is difficult to replace it.
First you must learn them how Bitcoin works and than you can replace it. So maybe later in the future.
I will agree with you in this context that many people are indeed still totally unaware of bitcoins. Their minds are blank about bitcoins or they don’t even have a simple concept of digital currencies. To make bitcoins replace dollar, we need to make bitcoins as much popular as dollar is.
That’s true. Bitcoins still need few years to replace dollar because they are older currencies and again same thing that you have also talked about i.e. popularity of these two. There is a big difference in the popularity of the both currencies. We need to push the common sue of bitcoins if we want them to replace dollar.
Sate Jamu

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:28:41 AM

think this is a hard thing happened, many countries banned bitcoin whereas all countries make the dollar as the foreign exchange size and wealth. of course it took a longer time for at least 50 years to be able to replace the dollar.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████████████████████████████
 ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████
████[        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████[     ▄█████████████      ██████████▄
████[    ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀██████
████[   ]████                         █████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄._       ]████
████[     ▀████████████████████▄      ]████
████[        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄     ]████
████[                       ]████     ]████
████[                       ▄████     ]████
████[     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀     ]████
████[    ██████████████████████▀      ]████
████[     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'        ]████
█████                                 █████
 ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
 Y██████████████████████████████████████▀
  `"▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

S E S S I A

NEW GENERATION
SOCIAL NETWORK

█████████ █▄
█████████ ███▄
█████████▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████

GET APP

Get cashbacks from your
purchases and kickbacks
from your friends purchases
▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████

███▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄
█████████████▄▄
█████████████████▄
███████████████████
████████████████▀
████████████▀
█████████▀
█████▀▀
███
GET IN ON
Google Play
██████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████

,d██
        d███
  _o▄▄▄.███b▄▄▄▄▄
,▄██████▄ ▄███████
▄███████████████
███████████████
████████████████
▀█████████████████
 █████████████████
  ███████████████▀
   ▀████▀  ▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
█████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
finom.io

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 09:30:41 AM

As long as American economy keeps its leading positions, dollar is unlikely to lose in its value. In the US, Bitcoin is recognized as currency and is being treated as property, which basically means its status is close to the one of the $, only it is a decentralized currency, and thus doesn't have direct ties to the state. When comparing Bitcoin to Dollar, it's possible that with time using Bitcoin will become more prevalent than dollar. But, for example, no currency could completely replace gold from the market during history.
One could suggest Bitcoin won't completely replace dollar, but will be of equal economic power.
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:42:44 AM

Bitcoin could replace the dollar if the user continues to increase, according to data that the user is circulating that bitcoin is not more than 1% of the world population, if it could reach 30% then I'm sure the bitcoin can already beat the dollar.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:48:47 AM

Bitcoin could replace the dollar if the user continues to increase, according to data that the user is circulating that bitcoin is not more than 1% of the world population, if it could reach 30% then I'm sure the bitcoin can already beat the dollar.
I think its not, because as my current expectation if we could count it from now there are many people who already new bitcoins and 1% of the world population is too possible as of now. Its just my own but i don't know where that data you said came from.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:50:47 AM

think this is a hard thing happened, many countries banned bitcoin whereas all countries make the dollar as the foreign exchange size and wealth. of course it took a longer time for at least 50 years to be able to replace the dollar.

Yeah, it will take more years for bitcoin to be able to replace the dollar. Dollar is the world currency. All countries accepts dollar and only few countries were accepting bitcoin. And a lot of people haven't heard about bitcoin. Majority of the people still prefer dollar.
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:53:59 AM

As long as American economy keeps its leading positions, dollar is unlikely to lose in its value. In the US, Bitcoin is recognized as currency and is being treated as property, which basically means its status is close to the one of the $, only it is a decentralized currency, and thus doesn't have direct ties to the state. When comparing Bitcoin to Dollar, it's possible that with time using Bitcoin will become more prevalent than dollar. But, for example, no currency could completely replace gold from the market during history.
One could suggest Bitcoin won't completely replace dollar, but will be of equal economic power.

But how long will the American economy keeps its position with the enormous debt and current political situation? I'm afraid that will change soon.

And I do not understand your comparison with gold; I don't think fiat is even comparable with gold - just because fiat looses value with every new printed dollar bill while gold remains gold.
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:06:53 AM

With the growth of bitcoin I think it would be possible, considering that the world government is in to bitcoin or cryptocurrency too. But I think its gonna be a long process and its gonna have lots of discussion, knowing that there are many large companies that are against bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies. But I think, nothing can stop the future.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:22:07 AM

With the growth of bitcoin I think it would be possible, considering that the world government is in to bitcoin or cryptocurrency too. But I think its gonna be a long process and its gonna have lots of discussion, knowing that there are many large companies that are against bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies. But I think, nothing can stop the future.
The growth of Bitcoin doesn't matter and won't be a reason for it to replace dollar. Governments are not into things that they are not in control of. Government might start to regulate Bitcoin, but when it comes to replacing their currency, No, that's not possible, probably they would just create a cryptocurrency version of their fiat.

But, that's true, it may take many years.

ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:39:38 PM

No,it seems very hard for bitcoin to replace US dollars within 15 years.Bitcoin has just crossed its first eight years.Yet it has a long journey to go.Bitcoin is still unknown to majority of people all over the world.But USD has been the global reserve currency for the past seventy years and it is almost accepted world wide.Many countries hold USD as the national reserve currency.Bitcoin has been legalized in just few countries.But bitcoin has some drawbacks like high volatility,no physical currency.
         So,it would take years to replace US Dollars.
akablackhat

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:49:21 PM

BIT is really a thing with alot of potential . but paper currency existed  before crypto and will exist after BTC
dollar will go digital but never gonna vanish from earth. Sad
osmo

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:54:31 PM

it could be that bitcoin replaces the dollar as bitcoin prices continue to rise, so nowadays so many people are using botcoin, I hope bitcoin can replace the money in the future.

Mehedi72

Activity: 713
Merit: 109

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 04:32:57 PM

Its true that bitcoin is getting so polular and have good  reputation.  But i don't that bitcoin will replace dollar soon. But considering its popularity,  its not impossible that bitcoin will replace dollar soon... let's see what will happen in future

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
thesosorr

Activity: 691

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:33:54 PM

Apparently not, bitcoin just virtual currency despite having a huge market capitalization. Never be able to replace dollar as a universally accepted currency. But bitcoin and dollar can run side by side and complement each other.
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:15:58 PM

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Nope. I don't think so because we all know that bitcoin is a big thing and have some relationship to dollar. Somehow bitcoin can be convert and has a value to dollar. You can say that bitcoin is a another way of currency and it can be used as the way we use the dollar because some of the shops are accepting bitcoin also.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:19:09 PM

Read the following news:

Nope. First bitcoin isn't that stable than a dollar. Bitcoin is a decentralized currency that somehow didn't determine if it will drop or rise. But  dollar is stable one in the market and as we can see dollar is the most accepted currency and somehow it is the most usable here in our country. Bitcoin wil not replace the dollar.

Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: