Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:51:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
Cryptelo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 06:42:36 PM

I think that would be a greedy move since not everyone has access to Bitcoins and even if it will be easy to access, the early investors who are holding it will be in control and superior to everyone else.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:01:49 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.
Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

replacing the Dollar ?, it is very unlikely because we know a country like America love for its country is very high,
and certainly, the government will not let their pride currency just disappear,
but I believe the dollar will move to Blockchain and will be one of the cryptocurrency in my opinion ...

shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:53:30 PM

It is going to happen unless the major countries of world started to accept Bitcoins are made it fully legalize all over the world,
I don't see it is coming for at least 10 years from now.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:09:44 PM

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

I think there is a possibility but I don't see the need to replace any currency because they are on a totally different league even though they are both currency. Bitcoin's realm is on the virtual world which can be  transferred to the real world but still they have both advantages and disadvantages that is why I don't see the too replacing each other.

matanglawin

Activity: 372

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:21:12 PM

Read the following news:

Nope and i think it will.never replace a currency. Dollar is a strong currency from a huge country. Also, it is supported and legal to most of the countries and it has a stable market value. Bicoin is just a digital currency which alue is based on regular currencies. It may be used more often in the future but I don't really think that it will make dollar and ither currencies totally obsolete.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
USScrypto

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:36:20 PM

If bitcoin would replace dollar there would be a tremendous instability in the world and so many power shifts will occur. So even if it happens there would be a great resistance in this change and I don`t think that 15 years is enough for it.
regan101

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:46:16 PM

Read the following news:

Bitcoin will not replace any bill currency but I will be an alternative currency as lots of individuals will get involve into it for alternative source of income
melongrass1

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:49:14 PM

Honestly while I believe in bitcoin and its uses, replacing a national currency is not one of those uses in my opinion, it is simply not suitable to be used as a national currency, perhaps alongside one but not exclusively.
robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:30:42 AM

Why does he even think like that in first place. It is the price difference and exchange capability of bitcoin and fiat currency which us making is rich. If that gets replaced with one currency then how we can get the profits or how we can differentiate ourselves with that price tag. I think it's not possible because it's just not well possible! There can not be two sun in the single solar system, it will burn the life. So there can not be two currency otherwise it will just break down the economy of country. The dollar bill is something related to traditions, old ways of trading and it will never get replaced in any time soon. Bitcoin is perfect fit in the internet world and might not just fit in the real world. So may be not this time.

While I do agree that two currencies cannot be the main currency of a country, I don't really agree that the world is all about tradition. The traditional way might be sending money with dollars. The traditional way might even be physical fiat but that's clearly not the case anymore. In this modern age, people don't really embrace traditions that much anymore. People seek something new everyday and bitcoin is something new. It's only a matter of time before bitcoin gets considered as a "cool" thing and people will follow the trend. These days, people are into bitcoin because of the ridiculous gains it had given us in the past couple of months.

Another thing, I do agree that bitcoin cannot be the main currency of a country together with their local currency because bitcoin is not taxable. The country will have no funds and so they will be forced to ban bitcoins (which is quite hard to do, impossible even) or put a huge percentage of tax for fiat currency users, which will then of course force them to use bitcoins instead.
I think yes because of the decreasing value of dollar and increasing value of bitcoin. All over the world many people use bitcoin instead of dollars any especially those people who works online even with the US Company from their homes.

The companies often pay their remote employees in bitcoins and not in dollars. The reason is easy transactions and worldwide use. All these things will remove dollar from the market.
It is not a big deal for bitcoin to replace not only dollar but so many other currencies as well. But the thing is, it will not be possible till the time the governments of different countries declare bitcoin as legal currency. This is the only hurdle in the way of bitcoin which is keeping it little less popular than that of dollar. I am very much sure that in the future, things will be in very much favor of bitcoin.
Even though the government will declare bitcoin as a legalized currency then it will not be enough for bitcoin to replace the fiat like us dollar and other currencies because just imagine if bitcoin will become the world's currency, do you think that it will be able to supply all the people based on their demand and do you think that they can use it properly if the price or value of bitcoin is not fixed so those are the questions that needed to be realized by the people who want to replace the fiat with bitcoin.
I agree with you if it becomes and replacement for dollar it won't be able to make it far because there are only 21 million and right now the us has more that 21 million people so it would never be like this impossible to compare those two together.
Haha, after hardfork and created Bitcoin Cash from old chain of Bitcoin in August, I do not need to worry about the total supply coin of Bitcoin in future. If Bitcoin become famous, we can clone more Bitcoin through hardfork like Bitcoin Cash, nothing is difficulty.
And you will be seeing this happening in future. Bitcoin is spreading like a jungle fire. More and more countries are getting to know about it. Few have started to legalize bitcoin and some have done so far like Japan etc. so in upcoming years whenever you think of making some precious things, bitcoin will be there to help you rather dollar. It will definitely replace it within no time.
mifanmuzny

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:54:48 AM

This happening is not too far people trust me maybe in another 2 to 3 years btc will replace fiat currencies. Fiat extinction is inevitable.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:40:29 PM

Why does he even think like that in first place. It is the price difference and exchange capability of bitcoin and fiat currency which us making is rich. If that gets replaced with one currency then how we can get the profits or how we can differentiate ourselves with that price tag. I think it's not possible because it's just not well possible! There can not be two sun in the single solar system, it will burn the life. So there can not be two currency otherwise it will just break down the economy of country. The dollar bill is something related to traditions, old ways of trading and it will never get replaced in any time soon. Bitcoin is perfect fit in the internet world and might not just fit in the real world. So may be not this time.

While I do agree that two currencies cannot be the main currency of a country, I don't really agree that the world is all about tradition. The traditional way might be sending money with dollars. The traditional way might even be physical fiat but that's clearly not the case anymore. In this modern age, people don't really embrace traditions that much anymore. People seek something new everyday and bitcoin is something new. It's only a matter of time before bitcoin gets considered as a "cool" thing and people will follow the trend. These days, people are into bitcoin because of the ridiculous gains it had given us in the past couple of months.

Another thing, I do agree that bitcoin cannot be the main currency of a country together with their local currency because bitcoin is not taxable. The country will have no funds and so they will be forced to ban bitcoins (which is quite hard to do, impossible even) or put a huge percentage of tax for fiat currency users, which will then of course force them to use bitcoins instead.
I think yes because of the decreasing value of dollar and increasing value of bitcoin. All over the world many people use bitcoin instead of dollars any especially those people who works online even with the US Company from their homes.

The companies often pay their remote employees in bitcoins and not in dollars. The reason is easy transactions and worldwide use. All these things will remove dollar from the market.
It is not a big deal for bitcoin to replace not only dollar but so many other currencies as well. But the thing is, it will not be possible till the time the governments of different countries declare bitcoin as legal currency. This is the only hurdle in the way of bitcoin which is keeping it little less popular than that of dollar. I am very much sure that in the future, things will be in very much favor of bitcoin.
Even though the government will declare bitcoin as a legalized currency then it will not be enough for bitcoin to replace the fiat like us dollar and other currencies because just imagine if bitcoin will become the world's currency, do you think that it will be able to supply all the people based on their demand and do you think that they can use it properly if the price or value of bitcoin is not fixed so those are the questions that needed to be realized by the people who want to replace the fiat with bitcoin.
I agree with you if it becomes and replacement for dollar it won't be able to make it far because there are only 21 million and right now the us has more that 21 million people so it would never be like this impossible to compare those two together.
Haha, after hardfork and created Bitcoin Cash from old chain of Bitcoin in August, I do not need to worry about the total supply coin of Bitcoin in future. If Bitcoin become famous, we can clone more Bitcoin through hardfork like Bitcoin Cash, nothing is difficulty.
And you will be seeing this happening in future. Bitcoin is spreading like a jungle fire. More and more countries are getting to know about it. Few have started to legalize bitcoin and some have done so far like Japan etc. so in upcoming years whenever you think of making some precious things, bitcoin will be there to help you rather dollar. It will definitely replace it within no time.
I only trust Bitcoin, fork coin is clone coin from Bitcoin and these coins will not have opportunity to compete to Bitcoin. Even, I never use Bitcoin Cash and receive it from Hardfork in August because I have held my Bitcoin in Ethereum in that time Grin. Sadly, my prediction was wrong and I accepted to take loss and buy again Bitcoin before it increase to $4,000.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:57:20 PM

Read the following news:

it seems very improbable, because the dollar has become an international means of payment and has been recognized in all countries, but does not cover the possibility if bitcoin can be received in all countries then bitcoin will be able to replace the dollar in the future.
sumanto

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:12:04 PM

Read the following news:

yes this can happen if bitcoin transactions are better and more efficient than dollars, and banknotes like dollars are not valid in the future because of the existence of digital currencies like bitcoins.
Mehedi72

Activity: 745
Merit: 109

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 05:22:16 PM

15 years is a lot time and i maybe too late. Btc price is raising so fast and investment with it is profitable.  Besides bitcoin is the best currency and method of payment,  very easy to use, help to earn and thus plays role to chaining the world

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:05:27 PM

15 years is a lot time and i maybe too late. Btc price is raising so fast and investment with it is profitable.  Besides bitcoin is the best currency and method of payment,  very easy to use, help to earn and thus plays role to chaining the world
Bitcoin will not replace dollar because dollar has been use by the masses because it is required by the government and it was govern with the law of a state. If we will replace dollar with bitcoins that would be possible but it takes a lot of time for transition as bitcoins is a little bit complicated for less educated people.
xebecstyx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:07:53 PM

Read the following news:

Nope. I very doubt government will want to relinquish control...

As a sub currency it could gain mainstream use but i think there will be much blood before BTC replace the Dollar.

I agree. I doubt that it would replace the dollar. It plays in a different market altogether, and I think, even if the value of bitcoin would continue to rise, there will still be some people who would trust using fiat than crypto, and there, the dollar would come as a surety to keep the market going. I foresee bitcoin and dollar would interplay and maybe used side by side instead of one replacing the other.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

No, I personally never thought that way. Bitcoin is not a currency, bitcoin is merely a tradable asset. Bitcoin will not replace the dollar. I do not know if there is a country that makes bitcoins for their currency, as long as they are comfortable, I do not think it's a problem.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
SashaAbraham

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:21:07 AM

Read the following news:

No, I dont believe in that. Bitcoin will never replace dollar, I think. Any national cryptocurrancies - may be, bitcoin - no. Bitcoin is a bubble, and can be easily manipulated.
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:05:26 AM

US Dollar is the strongest currency in the world. It will remain so in the near future. Bitcoin is not going to replace dollar in the next 20 years.
There are chances of this thing to happen but I don’t really think so that this will happen in the near future. There is no point if denying this fact that dollar is an internationally recognized currency and there are number of people who are using it since centuries and will keep on using it. Bitcoin do need lot of time in order to compete with that of dollar. Legalization is another important factor in this regard.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 08:08:22 AM

Read the following news:

It's not totally will replace dollar. For me, around 40% only will use bitcoin soon, because we can't force some people to use bitcoin, what if they are not comfortable with bitcoin? There are many advantages or disadvantages.

Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: