Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198627 times)
oldschool

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:40:45 PM

http://blockchain.info/address/18yfJKtm57ihZQoBFbH4BZeSCXkrc2B8k2

Here is a 100+ btc address that looks connected?

EDIT: Was active on Friday also.... might just be an IPO or user of GLBSE and nothing of significance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:42:27 PM

Yeah, saw that one too, but didnt see it moving anywhere, even in small amounts.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 08:12:02 PM

Ouch, so it looks like Nefario will be getting that scammer tag after all? Or just an unethical bastard tag? On a semi related note, I think those should be made

Second on the "Unethical Bastard Tag" Im sure we can find a relatively famous face to use as the mascot that could universally represent a lack of ethics. Any suggestions?

The quote "Youre [edited] unethical bastard" comes from Hollow Man.

http://goo.gl/If7kx

I shortened the URL because the curse was in the url as well. It appears at the 18:25 mark btw

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 08:29:05 PM

Well, the timing of the shutdown was surely because of my IPO.  The timing was perfect for it.

I tried to get my company listed in August, and Nef kept pushing us back further and further.  LOTTOMINING's IPO was slated for October 1, finally.  

October 1 comes along, it doesn't show up on GLBSE.  I had 125 BTC in my account.  I start to worry, and on October 3rd I realize I need to empty my account until our ticker becomes active.  So I start withdrawing my coins. .  10.. 20..  10.. just slowly until the whole account was at zero.  When I withdrew the very last coin, not even 10 seconds later, I get an email from Nefario saying that our ticker was now active.  My laptop was dead so I couldn't redeposit coins until I got home, and once I did arrive at home I noticed that there were many people investing in our IPO.  I quickly deposited my coins again, this time also slowly over a few hours, I don't like doing huge transfers.  Here is what my wallet looks like.  The times look strange but I think that's the time the block was fully confirmed, or something, but that is the order in which the transfers took place.  

Here is my GLBSE deposit address.

So the site going down only 12 hours after our IPO had started was all too coincidental to be anything but trying to squeeze a few BTC outta me, to which he did.  I would have withdrawn my coins ASAP but he shut down the site too quickly for me to set up a separate wallet.  

I don't think we're getting our money back, folks.  But LOTTOMINING will be reborn (even though it wasn't born the first time) on lottomining.ca and we are working on a way to deposit coins directly into the site.  It's a scary thought losing this much all at once, basically stealing our entire company, but I had just gotten a $1000 deposit confirmed by CAVIRTEX that same morning, in fact I heard about my deposit clearing before learning GLBSE was done, my instinct was to deposit the $1000 in GLBSE to get more shares, I'm lucky he shut it down before I could.  

copying this from a message I sent, further illustrating how bad of a day Oct 4th was for me.  
Also, that morning there was a MASSIVE storm, it was a total blizzard outside and it hadn't snowed once this year, that morning it was like a whole world of hell to get to work from out of town, then on the way home that day I almost got killed.  the highway speed is 100kph, and I could only do like 90kph tops since it was just haggard outside, and someone blindly went onto the highway right in front of me at an intersection from a complete dead stop and I immediately swerved to get out of the way and didn't even get all the way outside my lane when passing him.  fuck the bitcoins i'm seriously lucky to be alive, if it wern't for cat-like reflexes I would have been toast.  the first thing I thought of afterwards was "oh great, had I died everyone would have thought I was either distracted from the horrors of losing $1600 or committed suicide."  my life literally flashed before my eyes, I was positive I was going to hit him, and surprised I didn't.  
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 08:43:06 PM

but I had just gotten a $1000 deposit confirmed by CAVIRTEX that same morning, in fact I heard about my deposit clearing before learning GLBSE was done, my instinct was to deposit the $1000 in GLBSE to get more shares, I'm lucky he shut it down before I could.

Fixing that last link in your post; as it wouldnt open for me. So here is what I believe the intended URL for imgur was supposed to point to:
http://imgur.com/pVeAV

Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 10:25:16 PM

Wow. This is crazy. Although I don't follow the forums daily, it seems like this came out of the blue. I actually thought GLBSE was one of the more reputable BTC sites. I was in the process of liquidating some things on there and pulling my money out, mostly because I didn't see any investments that was worth the risk. Now I'm out about 40 BTC. Sigh.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 10:41:46 PM

Wow. This is crazy. Although I don't follow the forums daily, it seems like this came out of the blue. I actually thought GLBSE was one of the more reputable BTC sites. I was in the process of liquidating some things on there and pulling my money out, mostly because I didn't see any investments that was worth the risk. Now I'm out about 40 BTC. Sigh.

I'd say the first real sign of serious trouble was around September 26 when Nefario abruptly stopped posting on the forums and let the goat/TYGRR situation land where it may.

If you check his profile, it shows activity only yesterday, but no posts since the 26th.  I don't know if he's PMing ppl or checking PMs, or just keeping an eye on the posts and forgot to logout.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 10:44:54 PM

Hes checking to see if anyone doxed him yet and how much time he has left before the internet shows up at his house.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 10:48:19 PM

http://blockchain.info/address/1J3hxdtJyuXu4onLWcQRGbpmws4x8GPDkA  this was a glbse deposit address I used over a period of time.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 10:50:24 PM

There's no reason at this point to believe that users won't get their funds returned.  There might be open conflict between the shareholders, but no-one's suggested that GLBSE has insufficient funds at this point to pay its users.  While any involvement by regulators would slow down the repayment process (it took a very long time for people who had funds caught up in the online poker bust to have their funds returned), there is no credible evidence of any regulatory agency being involved at this point - this decision seems to be an attempt to pre-empt such a possibility.

Don't get me wrong, I believe this has been handled appallingly and that the attempt at revisionism by those associated with GLBSE is nauseating, but assumptions that users won't be repaid are somewhat premature.  If Nefario is already melting down over the possibility of GLBSE coming under legal scrutiny, it seems incredibly unlikely that he'd intentionally do something like not paying users which would actively invite legal scrutiny.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:51:04 PM

For example, if I had a host who happened to be on the same server as 4chan, I would move my site especially if I was personally acquainted with the owner like you.

There is a difference between allowing unhindered freedom of speech on a site/image board/forum, but even criminals in maximum security prisons hate child molesters and you have willingly associated yourself with someone who supports them. You say there is none on the server? The reason no one wants to check is because sites of that style attract pedophiles like flies since they have no chance of being caught. I would suggest you move your defense to its own thread, no one is going to check your story and neither will I, the server is a cesspool and I like many others would not want to be apart of it even if it is only somewhat true.

At this point, the less you say the less you look like an idiot. Carry on to your heart's content; I won't be seeing your output from this point forward.

There's no reason at this point to believe that users won't get their funds returned.  There might be open conflict between the shareholders, but no-one's suggested that GLBSE has insufficient funds at this point to pay its users.

I'll suggest it.

This is a by-the-book Interscamgro/Bitcoin Consultancy operation. This is how people like Taaki, Strateman, McCarthy & Co scam this community: create fake drama, multiple parties, lost databases, "waiting for X to start repaying" etc. Any person holding BTC on the Global Scam Exchange will be seeing his money back about six months after those scammed by Bitcoinica do.

It's what it is. Don't ever get involved with any of these people again.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:52:51 PM

http://blockchain.info/address/1J3hxdtJyuXu4onLWcQRGbpmws4x8GPDkA  this was a glbse deposit address I used over a period of time.

Wow 1100 btc? Damn

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

oldschool

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:55:01 PM

There's no reason at this point to believe that users won't get their funds returned.  There might be open conflict between the shareholders, but no-one's suggested that GLBSE has insufficient funds at this point to pay its users.

I'll suggest it.

This is a by-the-book Interscamgro/Bitcoin Consultancy operation. This is how people like Taaki, Strateman, McCarthy & Co scam this community: create fake drama, multiple parties, lost databases, "waiting for X to start repaying" etc. Any person holding BTC on the Global Scam Exchange will be seeing his money back about six months after those scammed by Bitcoinica do.

+1  This guy gets it...
RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:04:03 AM

http://blockchain.info/address/1HtrPxPgKCgt9zPgHfLFQ275CyfkvC23xA
There is 851.52 BTC gathered with five tx, nothing went out at the moment,  last tx was on 2th October.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:17:33 AM

I'll suggest it.

Look, I know you love raving about how shit GLBSE is/was, but let's look at the facts here:

-The SEC was investigating Pirate.
-Through that investigation, they became interested in GLBSE, and there was some suggestion that they would take action against it, initially with regard to the pirate-pass-through operations.
-Next, Nefario pulled the listings of the PPT operations, as well as the account of the biggest issuer of PPT bonds.
-Then, Nefario shuts the site down in a great hurry, apparently under legal pressure.

Now, personally the first thought into my head when trawling through this clusterfuck is not "It must be Nefario's fault". The SEC was known to be interested in GLBSE at least a week before it went down.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:24:16 AM

I'll suggest it.

Look, I know you love raving about how shit GLBSE is/was, but let's look at the facts here:

-Through that investigation, they became interested in GLBSE, and there was some suggestion that they would take action against it, initially with regard to the pirate-pass-through operations.
-Next, Nefario pulled the listings of the PPT operations, as well as the account of the biggest issuer of PPT bonds.
-Then, Nefario shuts the site down in a great hurry, apparently under legal pressure.

Now, personally the first thought into my head when trawling through this clusterfuck is not "It must be Nefario's fault". The SEC was known to be interested in GLBSE at least a week before it went down.

So Nefario says nothing and ends up holding customer funds when he could announce ahead of time him closing. He had his own interests in mind. that is all.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

oldschool

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:29:24 AM

I'll suggest it.

So Nefario says nothing and ends up holding customer funds when he could announce ahead of time him closing. He had his own interests in mind. that is all.

+over 9000
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:30:56 AM

I'll suggest it.

I don't imagine Nef had much notice at all, I'm not sure if you understand how serious the legal issues are surrounding this. There is every chance that multiple members of the bitcoin community will be charged with securities fraud and face jail time over this. Think about it, Nefario has ID on a whole variety of people who are/were issuing unlicensed securities. Further issuers are already well known. This whole situation has the potential for very serious consequences for a number of members.
oldschool

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:32:07 AM

I'll suggest it.

Not saying I don't believe you, just curious on references if possible to the SEC knowingly investigating GLBSE, I''d be very curious to become educated on that and any other threads/information regarding SEC or government involvement other than just what Nefarios said.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:34:54 AM

I'll suggest it.

I don't imagine Nef had much notice at all, I'm not sure if you understand how serious the legal issues are surrounding this. There is every chance that multiple members of the bitcoin community will be charged with securities fraud and face jail time over this. Think about it, Nefario has ID on a whole variety of people who are/were issuing unlicensed securities. Further issuers are already well known. This whole situation has the potential for very serious consequences for a number of members.

Looks like he did given his week of silence before closing. You cant say he didnt have much time. That is a cop-out.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: