Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:31:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198629 times)
TbbW

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:04:48 PM

This sucks... i only had have sent between 7 and 10 bitcoins... i thought glbse was not a scammer site... this realy... realy... sucks...

I did not add my identification to my account... only my email... so i guess i'm pritty much fsck'ed when it comes to gettiny my bitcoins back Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
senor_coconut

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

a big question mark

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:11:54 PM

I've decided Nefario will get a scammer tag for this. Speculating on intents and motivations behind his actions is fun and all, but it doesn't really have any bearing on whether he broke his contract or not. Like I said in Goat's thread, my role is to decide if he deserves a scammer tag based on his actions. If Nefario can't or won't elaborate on why he took the actions he did, that's his problem and he should take it up with the appropriate people.

Even if he doesn't have control over his current actions (which I doubt), he did have control when he decided to start the business, and he did have control when he made the agreement and sold pieces of the company to the shareholders.

This was a pretty good analogy that made me look at it a different way.

You cant sue people for obeying the law. Which is basically what Nefario is doing,
That is absolutely not true. Otherwise, an unlicensed contractor could make a contract to do some work for you, take your money, and then say, "Sorry, I'm unlicensed. I can't legally do the work."

and you cant force the shareholders to do something illegal.
Of course, but it's always legal to pay damages. You're certainly right that you couldn't force the contractor in my example to do the work. But you can certainly get your money back alone with any other damages, including punitive damages.

If it goes well people will get their coins back, it sucks that AMl is involved but you gotta do what you gotta do.
That's pure speculation at this point, at least so far as I know. If the contractor in my example says, "Sorry, the contracting board says I'm not licensed to do the work. Bye.", do you just take his word for it and let him off the hook for any damages you suffered? Asset owners have suffered damages because they relied on GLBSE.

Good. Seems logical. Doing things like he has and on top keeping radio silence just deserves the tag.

Now... I'd like to get my coins back.
And if I don't, which I probably won't, I'd like to suggest creating an asset at another exchange to vent my anger: BHNEF, or "Bounty Hunting for Nefario", Reservoir Dogs styla...  Grin
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 01:12:20 PM

who did he scam?
At the very least, every GBLSE customer who relied on him to protect their ownership interest in their assets. At the moment, we have no verifiable information explaining why GLBSE was shut down, but it does appear to have been done on Nefario's orders. GBLSE has the only ownership records for GLBSE-listed assets.

(It's entirely possible this was no scam and Nefario's actions were compelled by others. And it's possible he will make good to the extent possible and is really under duress. But it's also possible this was a huge scam all along and many of the assets were fake, owned by Nefario secretly, and Nefario orchestrated the whole thing to walk away with thousands of bitcoins. We don't know, and we shouldn't speculate. But we can't wait forever to act either.)

For the record, Nefario getting a scammer tag was *never* the result I wanted. That really doesn't help anybody. It's the sad result of Nefario's inability, chosen or compelled, to remain silent while others are relying on him to hold up his end of various bargains.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:21:37 PM

who did he scam?
At the very least, every GBLSE customer who relied on him to protect their ownership interest in their assets. At the moment, we have no verifiable information explaining why GLBSE was shut down, but it does appear to have been done on Nefario's orders. GBLSE has the only ownership records for GLBSE-listed assets.

(It's entirely possible this was no scam and Nefario's actions were compelled by others. And it's possible he will make good to the extent possible and is really under duress. But it's also possible this was a huge scam all along and many of the assets were fake, owned by Nefario secretly, and Nefario orchestrated the whole thing to walk away with thousands of bitcoins. We don't know, and we shouldn't speculate. But we can't wait forever to act either.)

For the record, Nefario getting a scammer tag was *never* the result I wanted. That really doesn't help anybody. It's the sad result of Nefario's inability, chosen or compelled, to remain silent while others are relying on him to hold up his end of various bargains.

And if we did wait to apply the tag, then he would have further opportunities to pull other confidence scams to drag in a few extra btc while he has the free roaming of the forums without being hindered. 

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:45:18 PM

maybe he is hold in custody? that's why he is remaining silent?  I would like to know more information too ..  Huh
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:59:47 PM

maybe he is hold in custody? that's why he is remaining silent?  I would like to know more information too ..  Huh
Likely as not he's been told by his lawyer to remain totally silent.

Didn't he say that he was having a meeting with his lawyer on Tuesday?
chrisrico

Activity: 496

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 02:04:23 PM

He's not in custody, he's logged in to the forum and has been responding to emails (and phone calls apparently).
freeAgent

Activity: 240

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 02:21:35 PM

who did he scam?

I agree on pretty much all points.  Nefario needs to at the very least provide the records of ownership in GLBSE-listed securities to the issuers of said securities.  The site now reads:

Update:we will begin processing account closures and returning bitcoin later today.

I had a tiny amount in the exchange itself, but my ownership of securities previously listed there is more important.  We still have no idea what Nefario plans to do about that.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 02:43:48 PM

maybe he is hold in custody? that's why he is remaining silent? 

I kinda would like that very much. For a long time.
k3t3r

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 02:50:52 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2012, 03:04:05 PM by k3t3r

who did he scam?
At the very least, every GBLSE customer who relied on him to protect their ownership interest in their assets.
Has he not done this. I have not been told that my assets are no longer mine. I am just waiting for the instructions to be able to provide details to my issuers. These issuers have also been contacted and are waiting for me to provide them with my proof of ownership. I dont trust anybody else to have access to that database until this has taken place.

At the moment, we have no verifiable information explaining why GLBSE was shut down, but it does appear to have been done on Nefario's orders. GBLSE has the only ownership records for GLBSE-listed assets.
yes, and you can understand why other people would want that taken out of Nefario's hands. the more people that have access to that database the harder it is to protect ownership of those assets.

both of these are a possibility and neither have been proven. but the MO here seems to be guilty until proven innocent.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:06:48 PM

ok. neferio had said to garr that after like  two hours later, he is going to pay back. i am drunk now, but i remember his words.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:13:35 PM

Haven't been here for a few days. Please could anyone sum up the situation for me?
I'm getting my popcorn ready  Wink

Drama again.
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:16:33 PM

I agree on pretty much all points.  Nefario needs to at the very least provide the records of ownership in GLBSE-listed securities to the issuers of said securities.  The site now reads:

Update:we will begin processing account closures and returning bitcoin later today.

I had a tiny amount in the exchange itself, but my ownership of securities previously listed there is more important.  We still have no idea what Nefario plans to do about that.
I, for one, am very interested to find out, just where they plan on returning the bitcoin to, and how they are determining which address they plan to use to return them to...

-- Smoov
johnlu

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:19:50 PM

Does anybody knows how will they returning bitcoins? Are they going to send an email message to every account in GLBSE?
oldschool

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:26:53 PM

I, for one, am very interested to find out, just where they plan on returning the bitcoin to, and how they are determining which address they plan to use to return them to...

-- Smoov

i'm sure they will let you give them a BTC address once you send them your passport and other AML docs   Roll Eyes

I wonder how much someone could make from running a scam where they setup a business, then freeze all clients funds and only return them after receiving massive amounts of personal information and documentation citing AML for the reason.  What kind of percentage of people wouldn't want to lose their privacy and how many bitcoins do you think you could get from running a scam like that?
k3t3r

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:28:10 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2012, 03:40:06 PM by k3t3r

i'm sure they will let you give them a BTC address once you send them your passport and other AML docs   Roll Eyes

Did you eventually get your BTC returned Goat?
oldschool

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:38:48 PM

-- Smoov

i'm sure they will let you give them a BTC address once you send them your passport and other AML docs   Roll Eyes

You realize that you are defending someone who has a scammer tag right?  At the very least he is a scammer, verified by the board.  Are you a part of this scam?  What connection do you have with this that you are so over the top defensive of a known scammer?
k3t3r

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:43:33 PM

I agree on pretty much all points.  Nefario needs to at the very least provide the records of ownership in GLBSE-listed securities to the issuers of said securities.  The site now reads:

I had a tiny amount in the exchange itself, but my ownership of securities previously listed there is more important.  We still have no idea what Nefario plans to do about that.

-- Smoov

i'm sure they will let you give them a BTC address once you send them your passport and other AML docs   Roll Eyes

You realize that you are defending someone who has a scammer tag right?  At the very least he is a scammer, verified by the board.  Are you a part of this scam?  What connection do you have with this that you are so over the top defensive of a known scammer?
I am not defending anyone I am trying to establish the truth. If you can point out where I have been Over The Top defensive, I might be able to explain why that was. The only connection I have with GLBSE is my 30 btc account balance and my assets.

Edit: I questioned why he was labeled a scammer by asking who he has scammed, because i have yet to see evidence that he has scammed anyone.
k3t3r

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:46:11 PM

Some of the BTC but no assets.
Assets you issued or assets you bought?
k3t3r

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:51:58 PM

Some of the BTC but no assets.
Assets you issued or assets you bought?

Assets I bought. My account was closed and I have no access to my assets. This was true before the GLBSE shut down.

Still waiting for the rest of the BTC too...

Right, sorry I have not been following your scam accusation thread, so I dont know where you are upto with that. Have you been given a reason, explanation for this or request for further actions on your part?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: