Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:24:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198634 times)
oldschool

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:13:55 PM

I know all what happened. And that he got the tag already. I only say that its still not sure that he wont give it out. But giving him the tag maybe breaks this will. I mean at least one could have wait until the time he himself said that he will refund everyone. Its breaking glass before really needed. Its still possible that he is as honest to give back the funds. Otherwise he would get problems cause he is known in person. So i critizise to give the scammer tag that fast because it has the potential to make a scammer out of him even when he didnt plan it.

But its done already... lets see how this ends...

By the way... when is later today for nefario?

I'm guessing later today for Nefario is around the same time frame as 2 weeks for Pirateat40...
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 07:36:13 PM

In that case it would be proof of a scam. But till now he still can be honest. Not in the best way but at least at the most important part.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 08:09:29 PM

By the way... when is later today for nefario?

Chorley time is currently at UTC +01:00, so it's a bit after 9 PM there now.  He has just under 3 hours left in the day.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 08:23:26 PM

Haven't been here for a few days. Please could anyone sum up the situation for me?
I'm getting my popcorn ready  Wink

Drama again.
That should be the motto of Bitcoin Talk.

BTC BitcoinTalk - drama again

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
johnlu

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 10:05:19 PM

Just one our left...
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 10:13:10 PM

Just one our left...

Doesnt look good then... Damn!

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
oldschool

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 10:13:29 PM

Just one our left...

Too bad mathew isn't around anymore.... I could see some wild bets going around right now!

EDIT:

Anyone want to make some bets right now?  I'll do a couple of 1 to .1btc bets that he doesn't pay in the next hour.  My 1btc to your .1btc...
Arto
Donator

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 10:24:28 PM

I was just reading an old Nefario interview from June 2011, and the following bits (among others) jumped out at me given where this ended up at:

[...] we suspect that within the next 6 months many if not most bitcoin exchangers (especially MT.Gox, but also non exchanging services such as glbse.com) will be shutdown by various authorities around the world.

This will cause a liquidity problem for us(never mind our prime service being out of operation) and nearly every other business that uses bitcoin (this includes our suppliers). It would also kill the overall buying power that has grown with bitcoin over the last 6 months or more. This will seriously hurt our ability to operate and our bottom line.

To prevent this happening we hope to have the nomico.in (and CryptoCloud for it to run on) up and running before this eventuality.

Find the full interview at: http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/interview-with-nefario-founder-of-bitcoin-global

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 10:46:15 PM

I was just reading an old Nefario interview from June 2011, and the following bits (among others) jumped out at me given where this ended up at:

[...] we suspect that within the next 6 months many if not most bitcoin exchangers (especially MT.Gox, but also non exchanging services such as glbse.com) will be shutdown by various authorities around the world.

This will cause a liquidity problem for us(never mind our prime service being out of operation) and nearly every other business that uses bitcoin (this includes our suppliers). It would also kill the overall buying power that has grown with bitcoin over the last 6 months or more. This will seriously hurt our ability to operate and our bottom line.

To prevent this happening we hope to have the nomico.in (and CryptoCloud for it to run on) up and running before this eventuality.

Find the full interview at: http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/interview-with-nefario-founder-of-bitcoin-global

In the same vein, I posted this earlier, but will make it more prominent here:

We've just completed our first step in disaster planning for GLBSE, the unfortunate (and hopefully unlikely) event of my death.

I am now happy to say that should I kick the bucket GLBSE would be able to continue on without me in full functionality.

Our next step is to try to have encrypted, near realtime snapshots of the GLBSE database stored offsite. Currently we have daily offsite backups.

Nefario

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84062.0

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 10:52:10 PM

Settle down peeps.

A paper wallet has been generated and all outstanding funds should be going there soon. Its not an easy process to wind down such a large company like GLBSE as you can imagine. Nefario is still in contact with everyone and untill he refuses to communicate via secure channels things are still in motion, albeit slowly.

I feel sad that in all likelihood any visible bitcoin company is going to face the same fate as GLBSE and its not really nefario you should be angry about.

k3t3r

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 10:58:22 PM

Settle down peeps.

A paper wallet has been generated and all outstanding funds should be going there soon. Its not an easy process to wind down such a large company like GLBSE as you can imagine. Nefario is still in contact with everyone and untill he refuses to communicate via secure channels things are still in motion, albeit slowly.

I feel sad that in all likelihood any visible bitcoin company is going to face the same fate as GLBSE and its not really nefario you should be angry about.

good to hear.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:13:12 PM

excellent to hear progress!

forgive my ignorance, but what does the paper wallet help?
oldschool

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:15:53 PM

excellent to hear progress!

forgive my ignorance, but what does the paper wallet help?

They always see people getting away with whitecollar crimes on tv by shredding the evidence, yet he didn't have anything to shred.... The paper wallets will take care of this problem.... they can shred the evidence and get away with the crime now!
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:22:23 PM

I don't want the funds going anywhere but into the wallets of their rightful owners.

I'm angry with the way this whole thing has been (mis-)handled.  I see no one but Nefario to blame for that.  I do believe he said on glbse.com that he would begin returning funds "today", which is now yesterday.  I'm still waiting empty-handed.

k3t3r

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:31:05 PM

Settle down peeps.

could you please tell us how BTC addresses for refunds will be confirmed.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:43:26 PM

Settle down peeps.

No doubt you will be able to submit a bitcoin address

Q:I'm a GLBSE user, what about my assets and my bitcoin?

You will be able to get back your bitcoin, and if you want to reveal your username, email, and a bitcoin address to accept payments with, you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.

oldschool

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:49:35 PM

Settle down peeps.

No doubt you will be able to submit a bitcoin address

Q:I'm a GLBSE user, what about my assets and my bitcoin?

You will be able to get back your bitcoin, and if you want to reveal your username, email, and a bitcoin address to accept payments with, you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.

What is the public address of the paper wallet?
oldschool

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 12:03:19 AM

Settle down peeps.

...all outstanding funds should be going there soon...

How can they "go out soon" when you still have no idea where to sent them?

I assume you mean:

1) the web site will come back up with just the BTC balances and we will be able to transfer our BTC where we wish?

2) you will be sending out emails to everyone instructing us on how to claim our BTC and give you a destination address?

He means they are transferring everyones stolen bitcoins from one of their online wallets to a paperwallet..... big question is, for what reason, and what is the difference as far as everyone is concerned?  Seems more scammy to me than anything.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 12:04:03 AM

The landing page now has:

"Update:we will begin processing account closures and returning bitcoin later today."

Given we can not submit details, it is very unclear what is being "processed".
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:12:33 AM

The landing page now has:

"Update:we will begin processing account closures and returning bitcoin later today."

Given we can not submit details, it is very unclear what is being "processed".
Yup, and I don't really care about the BTC in my account, there was hardly anything there - what I'm much more concerned about is my securities  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: