Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:32:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198627 times)
k3t3r

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:28:51 PM

As I said, the funds were sent to the secretary, not Nefario.

And in another post he referenced once the funds were transferred that Nefario would have complete control of them.

can you reference the post where he said this?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 09:30:00 PM

on a side note, i just wanted to quote Nefario:

I do not agree to your proposal.

Then you're asset holders should push to have you prosecuted for fraud.

You have a fiduciary duty to your asset holders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary_duty

And you have been given all the information needed to carry that duty out.
oldschool

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:31:48 PM

And in another post he referenced once the funds were transferred that Nefario would have complete control of them.

If someone else asked then yes I could, you asking, I'm not going to waste my time finding it.  People actually fully and completely reading the thread and comprehending have already seen it, you've proven to me you don't fully read or comprehend my posts.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:32:48 PM

You have a fiduciary duty to your asset holders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary_duty

I reread that post just yesterday, it is so ironic, right?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 09:34:59 PM

I reread that post just yesterday, it is so ironic, right?

Man, he doesn't understand his own words.
k3t3r

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:35:52 PM

If someone else asked then yes I could, you asking, I'm not going to waste my time finding it.  People actually fully and completely reading the thread and comprehending have already seen it, you've proven to me you don't fully read or comprehend my posts.
I would just like to see the evidence for your claim that this is a lie. I didnt see the lie in the posts that you quoted and when asked where the lie is you said it was somewhere else in another post. I would just like to see some evidence for you claims.
stochastic

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:39:26 PM

My understanding is based upon the most recent email from the secretary.

The motion was:

Code:
[05/10/2012 18:32:35] <nefario> I propose a motion to have theymos return the user BTC which has in his posstion for the purpose of allowing me to repay users

So I sent CHM only the amount of BTC designated as user funds. I still hold the operating funds.

How about releasing all the meeting minutes instead of just bits and pieces.  If it is OK to post parts of the minutes then it is OK to post it all.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:43:28 PM

I know people are upset and don't like this answer but in the end, we need to root out all the scammy activities in Bitcoin and this forum if we want to move forward and create an environment where real business interests can prosper.

This is pretty much the idea, yes.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 09:44:45 PM

https://glbse.com/

And again a day has passed...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
stochastic

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:49:10 PM

At this point, Nefario should make a public statement on the status or start paying out deposit funds REGARDLESS if CHM or Theymos sent him what looks to be 9% of the total funds on deposit. 

He could try and play that game with Goat but this is too far.  If this doesn't happen very soon then we should conclude that either he is keeping them or they have been seized. 

I know people are upset and don't like this answer but in the end, we need to root out all the scammy activities in Bitcoin and this forum if we want to move forward and create an environment where real business interests can prosper.

Nefario also has no reason to not be sending "claim codes" to the asset issuers.  This does not require any bitcoin funds (operational or user) to achieve.  If they are not received in the next few days I am going to assume he has deleting the information.

oldschool

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:56:49 PM

I would just like to see the evidence for your claim that this is a lie. I didnt see the lie in the posts that you quoted and when asked where the lie is you said it was somewhere else in another post. I would just like to see some evidence for you claims.

Here:

And I call fucking bullshit, Theymos said the funds are "anonymous user funds"  they are not operating expenses and shareholder funds.

The address is: 18bEUAuzWg97swzHXzK4prGGYSBAMCUgz

theymos: If you feel that is a secure address, then send away.

Nefario: Note that this means all of BG's operating funds are in my
hands once they arrive at that address.

So as a review... he said 18bEUAuzWg97swzHXzK4prGGYSBAMCUgz is the paperwallet address, he also said that funds sent to that address would not be given to Nefario, then in the above referenced post he quotes a conversation between Theymos and Nefario that Nefario says the funds are in his hands when they arrive at that address.

Does that work for you?
oldschool

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 10:01:13 PM

At this point, Nefario should make a public statement on the status or start paying out deposit funds REGARDLESS if CHM or Theymos sent him what looks to be 9% of the total funds on deposit.  

He could try and play that game with Goat but this is too far.  If this doesn't happen very soon then we should conclude that either he is keeping them or they have been seized.  

Nefario also has no reason to not be sending "claim codes" to the asset issuers.  This does not require any bitcoin funds (operational or user) to achieve.  If they are not received in the next few days I am going to assume he has deleting the information.

I'd say I'd guess he doesn't want to give the claim codes or database because he has fake ipo's and was running multiple small ponzi schemes through glbse.

EDIT: I had to change "I'd say" to "I'd guess" because k3t3r would go on a 10 post rant about how I am a liar with no proof and then when I tell him "I'd say" means I am guessing per the definition of the phrase he'd think I was admitting to jumping to my own conclusions without evidence... so just for the record in case k3t3r gets freaked out, I have no evidence of this, these are just my opinions and thoughts.
k3t3r

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 10:12:02 PM

And I call fucking bullshit, Theymos said the funds are "anonymous user funds"  they are not operating expenses and shareholder funds.

So as a review... he said 18bEUAuzWg97swzHXzK4prGGYSBAMCUgz is the paperwallet address, he also said that funds sent to that address would not be given to Nefario, then in the above referenced post he quotes a conversation between Theymos and Nefario that Nefario says the funds are in his hands when they arrive at that address.

Does that work for you?
no, that is not a conversation between nefario an theymos, that is an email sent to both from coldhardmetal with notes to theymos telling him to "send away" and a note to nefario telling him "...means ...funds are in my hands"
k3t3r

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 10:16:01 PM

EDIT: I had to change "I'd say" to "I'd guess" because k3t3r would go on a 10 post rant about how I am a liar with no proof and then when I tell him "I'd say" means I am guessing per the definition of the phrase he'd think I was admitting to jumping to my own conclusions without evidence... so just for the record in case k3t3r gets freaked out, I have no evidence of this, these are just my opinions and thoughts.
just to note that i dont rant, and have largely ingored this kind of stupidity, i am only interested in establishing the facts.
oldschool

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 10:16:11 PM

Does that work for you?
no, that is not a conversation between nefario an theymos, that is an email sent to both from coldhardmetal with notes to theymos telling him to "send away" and a note to nefario telling him "...means ...funds are in my hands"

Ahhh, this helps in understanding much better.  I was wrong on that.

I can admit when I'm wrong, can you k3t3r?
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 10:31:27 PM

He could try and play that game with Goat but this is too far.  If this doesn't happen very soon then we should conclude that either he is keeping them or they have been seized. 

Nefario also has no reason to not be sending "claim codes" to the asset issuers.  This does not require any bitcoin funds (operational or user) to achieve.  If they are not received in the next few days I am going to assume he has deleting the information.

With the utter silence since the Goat delisting, it is anyone's best guest.  I tried to point out how odd the manner of the Goat delisting was and how at that point you should really think about what it means.  Using language like he was the only "liability" on his exchange was quite telling in my opinion.  That is why I directly tried to have him address these comments.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
stochastic

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 10:40:31 PM

He could try and play that game with Goat but this is too far.  If this doesn't happen very soon then we should conclude that either he is keeping them or they have been seized.  

Nefario also has no reason to not be sending "claim codes" to the asset issuers.  This does not require any bitcoin funds (operational or user) to achieve.  If they are not received in the next few days I am going to assume he has deleting the information.

I'd say I'd guess he doesn't want to give the claim codes or database because he has fake ipo's and was running multiple small ponzi schemes through glbse.

I uploaded all the history I saved about trades and payments through GLBSE onto dropbox in case people never were able to see the last few moments of GLBSE alive.

Yolocoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 10:45:01 PM

With the utter silence since the Goat delisting, it is anyone's best guest.  I tried to point out how odd the manner of the Goat delisting was and how at that point you should really think about what it means.  Using language like he was the only "liability" on his exchange was quite telling in my opinion.  That is why I directly tried to have him address these comments.

Yes, there's plenty of evidence all over the forums from which to make an educated guess.  I wouldn't even blink twice over somebody telling me that one of Goat's victims went to the feds and implicated GLBSE in the process.
Rarity

Activity: 182

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 11:14:23 PM

Nobody is morally required to honor an agreement to break the law.

Not all laws are moral to support.
I still agree with that exactly as much as the first ten times you tried to plant the strawman there.  

I suppose I'm the only one seeing the contradiction here.

Because you're an illiterate moron, there is no other explanation at this point.   I am talking about moral necessity to honor a private agreement to break the law.  You are talking about the the morality of honoring an unjust law.  The question is not about the morality of the law, but of the morality of the agreement.  

It's not the "behind the scenes" activity that was illegal here.  The whole site was illegal (and obviously so) from the moment it was founded.  And you failed to report it for over a year.  Far from immediately.  

As soon as I was aware of the activity it was reported.  As is any other illegal activity I see here.  

Have you also reported all of the gambling threads and sites?  They're all breaking the law every time they accept money from or pay out to anyone on American soil.  

When I can verify laws are broken, I certainly have reported gambling activity.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 11:27:37 PM

Indeed.  He seemed to have no problem doing this in a hurry when it came to the whole Goat/TYGRR incident.  Why he isn't doing that now is anyone's guess.

My personal guess is that he is withholding the data as "leverage".

If the GLBSE disaster plan were in place, other parties besides Nef should be able to obtain the database.  I'm going to again guess that the plan is actually not in place (maybe it broke down at some point and was never fixed), and that the only good copy of the database in is Nef's hands.

The motion was:

Code:
[05/10/2012 18:32:35] <nefario> I propose a motion to have theymos return the user BTC which has in his posstion for the purpose of allowing me to repay users

So I sent CHM only the amount of BTC designated as user funds. I still hold the operating funds.

How about releasing all the meeting minutes instead of just bits and pieces.  If it is OK to post parts of the minutes then it is OK to post it all.

Seconded.  Having more solid data available and transparency in general as the process moves forward would go a long way towards fixing this situation in the least painful way possible for all involved.

It sounds to me like GLBSE has decided to hand the user funds (both what Theymos and Nefario hold) over to ColdHardMetal, who is to (reluctantly) manage their distribution to the claimants.  Is this correct, GLBSE ppl?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: