Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 588 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 713517 times)
DECENT Support

Activity: 71
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 09:25:15 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 10:05:01 AM by DECENT Support

No big exchange listing or big partnership.

As of today, we are currently listed on 12 exchanges, which is more than enough for our community to choose from.

Regarding partnerships, we build a reliable, highly customisable and safe blockchain solution and are currently working on many partnerships that will make use of this technology. The partnerships with Human Venture and 3IPK were already announced, however, we can't share more about our others collaborations, yet.

I agree that there's no lack of exchanges and that's not the problem but 12? Coinmarketcap shows only 8 so what are these 4 exchanges they are missing?

We are in touch with them so I believe they will update it soon. Here is the full list, excluding LBank, since their wallet is down for many months already, while there is some, obviously fake, trading volume going on, hurting the price at coinmarketcap.com:

Bittrex
Upbit
ChaoEX
HitBTC
BCEX
Rudex
Gbcax
Bitpanther
ChangeNOW
Bit-Z
Coinbene
DECENT Support

Activity: 71
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 09:50:38 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 10:04:41 AM by DECENT Support

It is also possible that they don't have open APIs, very possible actually, since we are listed there for some time already, we need to confirm that first. But for your information, if CMC don't add them this is probably the reason. We will let you know.
DECENT (OP)

Activity: 1234
Merit: 528

Decentralized Content Distribution

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 10:09:42 AM

Dear Bitcointalkers,

We're happy to say that 2018 was indeed a very DECENT year! image loading...

If you can find yourselves a moment of your time, check out all the milestones we've reached in our end-of-year review!

Once again, thank you for all your support in 2018! image loading...

image loading...

A Year of Triumph for DECENT

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
████████████▀        ▄███▄
█████████▀        ▄███████
 ▀████▀        ▄██████████
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
......███████████▄▄       ▄▄███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████████████████████████
███         ▀███▄███▀                 ▄▄██████▄▄       ▄█████▀   ▄▄██████▄▄ 
███          ▀█████▀                 ████▀▀▀▀████     ███▀▀▀    ████▀▀▀▀████
███           ▄███▀                 ███▀      ▀███   ███▀      ███▀      ▀███
███          ▄█████▄                ███        ███   ███       ██████████████
███         ▄███▀███▄               ███▄      ▄███   ███       ███▄██████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ████▄▄▄▄████    ███        ████▄▄▄▄████
███████████▀▀       ▀▀████████████▄   ▀▀██████▀▀     ███         ▀▀██████▀▀██
Blockchain you can actually build on.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀     ██████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄▀   ███████
██████▄    ▄▄█▀    ████████
█████████▄██▀      ████████
▀██████████▄▄    ████████▀
▀████████▄█████▄████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
holmes70

Activity: 398
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:42:00 AM

I know there is an office in Korea, but do not do anything there?
Why do not they try to do the Korean won deal?
Only upbit btc market exist in Korea.

What does the dct team do? Make an effort to increase the value of the coin.
Dct coin keeps prices that are called garbage coins, why does the team make no effort?
rebelway518

Activity: 211
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:31:02 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 03:24:25 PM by rebelway518

I know there is an office in Korea, but do not do anything there?
Why do not they try to do the Korean won deal?
Only upbit btc market exist in Korea.

What does the dct team do? Make an effort to increase the value of the coin.
Dct coin keeps prices that are called garbage coins, why does the team make no effort?

Thank you for voicing your concerns and questions. This is the right way to have a discussion.

To address your comments...

The Seoul, South Korea office was only opened in August of 2018. In that relatively short time period, a good bit of announcements have been made of its progress. A few highlights include:
  • "DECENT introduced its Korean representative, Joo Hyun Oh (John Oh), who was instrumental in establishing a presence in South Korea and setting up its newest office space. Mr. Oh is an entrepreneur, passionate about building products and problem solving. As the Founder and former CEO of ALIVE, a mobile video editing/sharing community with over 10 million users around the world, he gained years of professional experience in business development, research, and consulting and extensive knowledge of the startup culture. His qualifications, strong enthusiasm for innovative technologies, and his influence in the tech industry make him a strong addition to the DECENT team."
  • "DECENT participated in a major South Korean blockchain conference, Blockfesta 2018, which was held on August 22-23 in Seoul."
  • At Blockfesta 2018 "DECENT Korea representative, John Oh, gave a speech on what changes blockchain will bring to the content business ecosystem. He also spoke about the benefits of blockchain technology over traditional content distribution networks, emphasizing DECENT’s proprietary blockchain platform DCore."
  • In September 2018, the Seoul office "had their first offline meetup with our DECENT community in Seoul. It was a two-hour private event co-hosted with our partners EXA Lab to introduce the possibilities of applying DCore for development of media-related blockchain projects."
  • In November, 2018 "John Oh attended and presented at the Bit-Z Global Ecological Alliance Conference in South Korea to promote digital currency in the Korean market."
  • "November 28, 2018 – The global blockchain company, DECENT, announces its signing of mutual Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with EXA Lab, a South Korea-based company focused on blockchain media service research and development. This collaboration will, amongst other things, contribute towards the creation of Every Media Blockchain Platform (EMP) – a media ecological public blockchain for unbundling BAADD (Big, Anti-competitive, Addictive, and Destructive to Democracy, as defined by The Economist) media – based on DECENT’s DCore blockchain technology."

All comments can be found in the articles/blog posts at https://decent.ch/news/all-articles/

As you can see, the South Korea team has been pretty busy over the past few months.

Regarding your questions on a Korean won deal and more exchanges available to the Korean community:
The team has stated on multiple occasions that they are continuously in contact with new exchanges. If and when DECENT feels the need to expand to a new market/exchange, they will absolutely do so. However, I believe personally, cutting deals with exchanges for the sole purpose of just getting listed is pointless and a waste of a project's capital. DCT is currently listed on 12 exchanges and therefor easily acquired by anyone who wishes to purchase it. As time goes by and the project grows, more exchanges will certainly be added. At this stage in DECENT's progress, the 12 existing markets are more than plenty.

Regarding your question on what the dct team does:
They are doing a lot of things, as you can see from the most resent blog post covering the highlights of 2018 https://decent.ch/blog/a-year-of-triumph-for-decent/. They have improved and enhanced the platform itself, they have increased their outreach exponentially, they have formed several great new partnerships and they have spread the word about DECENT by giving speeches, joining panel discussion and networking with like minded individuals in many conferences. That is just an extremely simplified summary of all the hard work the team at DECENT has done last year. To read more in depth, see the News page of the website https://decent.ch/news/all-articles/.

Regarding why you think the team doesn't make an effort to increase the value of the coin:
They absolutely do make an effort. See the answer to your previous statement. They have worked tirelessly to build the brand, improve the product and increase awareness. That is how you increase the true value of a project.
What you are wanting is for DECENT to actively attempt to manipulate the price of the asset. This is both morally and potentially legally wrong of them if they were to. The team has, rightly, stated on multiple occasions that they refuse to participate in market manipulation. Any project that spends its resources and time attempting to deceitfully inflate its value is not a project I will EVER invest nor believe in. It is a recipe for disaster. The team's fundamental responsibility is and should be to build and improve the product they have set out to create. That is what you are investing in when you invest in a startup. You are investing in the idea that the product can be produced, that it will work, and that there is a market for it. By those measures being accomplished is how a company grows in value. Assessing a project merely by the standard of "If I put in $100 today, I want $10,000 in a month" does not make one an investor, that is a speculator (and a soon to be poor one at that lol). Whether or not the potential market/users/consumers of that product will be receptive of it is only influenced by how well the team makes the product and how useful it is to the consumer. How a product will be received by its potential market is definitely a question that any investor of a startup should ascertain. But ultimately, no amount of attempted market manipulation can change that. DECENT is on the right track. They have built an outstanding platform, they continually expand awareness of the product and reach out to interested parties in order to form ever greater partnerships. THAT is how you grow value, not by spending all of your ICO money to pump your asset only to dump the coins on those who believe in your project when the project needs working capital.
holmes70

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:16:35 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 06:29:35 PM by holmes70

After all, the dct team did not do anything.
Thank you very much for explaining why dct coin has become a garbage coin.

Hahaha, Idiot!!!!
You don't know what the team is doing.
$0.06 garbage coin means $0.06 garbage project. Not $0.6 but $0.06
Forever garbage coin!!!!
rebelway518

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:27:29 PM

@holmes70 ....and you are back to your old bitter, vile, ignorant self. *shaking my head*

You do realize that only you think this team is not "doing anything"? Anyone who takes 2 seconds to read their posts or research DECENT will see they are doing everything I have stated an more.

The only position you ever give on why you feel DCT is "a garbage coin" is because of the price. Yet you have been calling DCT that even back when it was only 30% down from ATH. So by yours standards, EVERY project to date is "garbage". That makes absolutely no sense.

Why do you always resort to insults and lies when everyone here explains how you are incorrect in your statements and analysis? That just further proves that either you really do not have a clue what you are talking about, you are only here to attempt to cause discord and anger with FUD, or most likely both. Grow up and try to have an adult conversation from time to time.

How about this, since you think you have it all figured out....
Tell me, what should DECENT be doing different in your opinion and why?
holmes70

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:32:22 PM

Hey idiot!!!!
$3.2——>$0.06

This is a garbage coin. Forever garbage coin and idiot supporter.

I never have heard a big news about dct coin.
Only heard hackerthon or garbage news. That is nothing.
Idiot market team like you.
rebelway518

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:35:05 PM

@holmes70 ...and again you avoid my simple question and throw insults.

Do you really think that you are upsetting me in any way by your comments? lol You will have to try MUCH harder if that is your goal.

So, I ask again...

Since you think you have it all figured out....
Tell me, what should DECENT be doing different in your opinion and why?
holmes70

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:41:13 PM

As of today, we are currently listed on 12 exchanges, which is more than enough for our community to choose from.

This is dct team answer. It’s ridiculous.
Enough exchanges? I don’t think so.

I think Korean offices should try to make Korean Won trading in upbit and try to be listed in bithumb.
Do you hear why you are stupid? If I point out the problem, the stupid person will not listen at all.

As the number of exchanges increases, it is natural that the volume of transactions is increased and
the marketing is done naturally. Look at the volume now. It is a dead coin.

Of course the biggest problem is that it was dumped from $ 3.2 to $ 0.06. I think the stupidity of the dct team influenced the price drop with the bearish trend.

Idiot team like you.
rebelway518

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:44:52 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 02:09:43 PM by rebelway518

This is dct team answer. It’s ridiculous.
Enough exchanges? I don’t think so.

I think Korean offices should try to make Korean Won trading in upbit and try to be listed in bithumb.
Do you hear why you are stupid? If I point out the problem, the stupid person will not listen at all.

As the number of exchanges increases, it is natural that the volume of transactions is increased and
the marketing is done naturally. Look at the volume now. It is a dead coin.

Of course the biggest problem is that it was dumped from $ 3.2 to $ 0.06. I think the stupidity of the dct team influenced the price drop with the bearish trend.

Idiot team like you.

Paying to list on exchanges for no reason other than to add another exchange is a waste. Additional exchanges do not add value to a project. Adding an exchange just to add one in no way guarantees added volume or sustained increase in price of a project.  At most, it will add temporary hype but at the expense of money that could be better spent on development. Hype is a form of market manipulation, which you've been told numerous times the team will not participate in. That has been stated long before you ever bought DCT and you would have known had you fully researched this project.

I do not say DECENT doesn't need any new exchanges right now just because the team says it. It is my personal opinion. I disagree with the current racket that exchanges hold on projects under the current set up and look forward to improvements on that front as this industry matures. Would love to see a true, viable open P2P exchange in the future. I would support them 100%. I have adamantly argued against adding new exchanges with other projects I have supported in the past as well. It is not a new notion for me.

With that being said, I am not opposed to any exchange adding DCT on their own. Hell, I occasionally email some exchanges and request DCT to be listed myself, just as any one of us is free to do. I am not opposed to having DCT on more exchanges, I am opposed to DECENT paying for it.

And you can rest assured that if DECENT feels the need to add an exchange to better serve a specific global region, they will. But I don't currently know of anywhere crypto is legal that citizens can not access at least one of the current exchanges. There isn't a need to add more at this time.

I don't have any issues with DECENT asking upbit to add a Won/DCT pairing. I don't see a benefit of it, as anyone could change fiat to BTC to DCT like most everyone does. But, I'm not against it if DECENT feels it is beneficial.

Bithumb, again, is a waste of capital with no net gain for the project. Feel free to email them yourself though. As I said, we are all capable of asking our favorite exchanges to add projects.

Lastly, to accuse the team of dumping DCT and intentionally dropping the price is just dumb. What do they have to gain from doing that? Absolutely nothing. You might as well blame the team for the 80% drop in BTC and 70-99% drop in almost all crypto projects as well then. DECENT intentionally dropping the price would also be market manipulation... if they won't manipulate the price for the good, why the hell do you think they would to the bad? You tend to say some pretty asinine and uneducated things, but that statement there takes the cake. Lmao
sesiah

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 06:33:02 AM

It is clear that the market assessment of dct coin is currently $ 0.06.
Nobody knows the future.
Currently, it is just a garbage coin.
well, but their are other coins which have fallen to far beyond that ot around $0.001 from 5 dollars and they are hopeful that they will recover, i think its up to us here to find other ways of increasing adoption and usage.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:33:22 AM

Garbage coin

Awesome coin but garbage cheap. Conclusion – buy as much as you can  Wink
Bought more already.
But I don't agree with you that Decent is a garbage.
It has been traded at cheap prices, but Decent is a good one, not a garbage at all.

I didn't say anything bad about Decent, on the contrary I said the price is amazingly low for such great coin. That's why I bought more also.

jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 12:57:25 PM

Garbage coin

Bought more already.
It has been traded at cheap prices, but Decent is a good one, not a garbage at all.

I didn't say anything bad about Decent, on the contrary I said the price is amazingly low for such great coin. That's why I bought more also.

All eyes are on the dev team for 2019, since they need to show results to improve the transaction count through running dapps. I personally believe they can do it.
rebelway518

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:59:32 PM

Garbage coin

Bought more already.

All eyes are on the dev team for 2019, since they need to show results to improve the transaction count through running dapps. I personally believe they can do it.

I agree with you on both points. We need active, functional dApp usecases to prove DCore's viability. Even better if some are completely 3rd party, non-DECENT partnership projects. Nothing against those that are partnered with DECENT, but independent development utilizing DCore would be a huge plus. I believe we will see at least a few of both as this year unfolds.

I, too, am also highly confident that this team can produce. Looking forward to an exciting 2019  Smiley
jvper

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 05:00:21 PM

Garbage coin

Bought more already.

I agree with you on both points. We need active, functional dApp usecases to prove DCore's viability. Even better if some are completely 3rd party, non-DECENT partnership projects. Nothing against those that are partnered with DECENT, but independent development utilizing DCore would be a huge plus. I believe we will see at least a few of both as this year unfolds.

I, too, am also highly confident that this team can produce. Looking forward to an exciting 2019  Smiley

Yes, I also agree with you 100%. This year is going to be key.
jvper

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 05:00:40 PM

grande projeto, parabens!!!
He said in Portuguese: "great project, congratulations!!!" It seems more people are able to see through the price.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 08:06:38 PM

Anyone find it ironic that an autistic CEO is trying to create a content/social network coin?  Grin

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
nobytes

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 10:58:19 PM

Anyone find it ironic that an autistic CEO is trying to create a content/social network coin?  Grin

Isn't it ironic that people have no clue what dcore is about and they are still commenting about the ceo being autistic? I am guessing that everyone is autistic to you.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 11:43:31 PM

Isn't it ironic that people have no clue what dcore is about and they are still commenting about the ceo being autistic? I am guessing that everyone is autistic to you.

I tried really hard to find out what this was about after I got my ICO coins. eventually gave up and dumped. There wasn't even a good post-ico pump!

I'm grateful it wasn't a scam and still operational. Open to having my mind changed but now that this has successfully dumped 99% and is barely on any exchanges, it's on life support at best. Give me a reason to buy back and i will. Does this compete with Steem? If so hows it looking? At least with steem there is user growth/decline I can measure price against, even with its flaws.

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Pages: « 1 ... 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 588 »
  Print  

Jump to: