Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 116 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016, The Year of Bitcoin?  (Read 169203 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:47:10 PM

Hope you are right, but the prediction is too much optimistic.
The first thing is the size debate should be solved ASASP.

I agree with you. And that could be accomplished by improving Bitcoin Core. We don't need a fork or an alt coin like Bitcoin XT.  Grin

The solution seems distant. Otherwise would not be the division and would not exist bitcoin XT. Seems more that which of the two bitcoins will win then that it will be a synergy between both bitcoins.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 01:47:49 PM

Continue to dream. When the community is split with no direction in the near future, i don't see how that can be bullish for bitcoins. The market won't buy into uncertainty. I won't either. So until that settles down, right now expect the same kind of up and down market sentiment. People are just here for quick profit and nothing else.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:37:22 PM

The bear market has lasted long enough. I predict 2016 is the year where bitcoin finally breaks through, both in price and in mainstream adoption.

The fork issue is a distraction. It won't kill bitcoin. The majority will eventually choose what fork they want to use, whether it is the original, or XT, or some third option.

I see the fork issue as silly infighting which only hurts bitcoin. I want bitcoin to succeed, that's what I care about, not what version of BTC I use. I will go with the majority, whichever fork is chosen.

It 's easy to predict without any arguments  Smiley
What make you think Bitcoin is about to go mainstream? Amazon accepting BTC in 2016?

Well yes, Amazon i have a feeling that will accept btc, on that way bitcoin price will change a lot. It should and the Ebay integrate the bitcoin as a payment method. In this way while big e-commerce companies include this payment method the price of bitcoin will increase and people will be more interested to invest in bitcoin.

Call me pessimistic, but I seriously doubt anything like Amazon or Ebay adopting Bitcoin would take place next year. There is currently no benefit for merchants to accept Bitcoin, and there is even proof to suggest that Bitcoin acceptance hurts sales (I believe Firefox is the one that made the study).

Anyways, we are a long ways away from mass adoption. Price fluctuation in 2016? I would be upset if it didn't, with the halving and all. However, I don't think that is enough to boost Bitcoin into the mainstream.

I accept that there can be a loss for amazon if they had added bitcoin this year, we know 300s at the beginning of this year and now 200s and if ebay and amazon implemented this then they would lose -33.33%.
I think they are waiting for bitcoin price to be stable and implement it.

Oh no, I don't mean holding Bitcoin at all. Just by adding Bitcoin as a payment option, companies can lose overall sales. In other words, even if you use a payment processor that transacts the purchases to USD instantly, companies will experience a loss in revenue.

I read up on it a while back, so I don't have too precise of information, but the premise was as followed: Mozilla Firefox began accepting Bitcoin donations. Donations spiked up a bit as everyone who wanted to donate with Bitcoin did at the start. Most people only donated once, and after accepting Bitcoin, donations overall dropped a bit (which was allegedly caused by a loss of credibility in the eyes of potential donators through the acceptance of Bitcoin). In other words, the small group that you could potentially win over by accepting Bitcoin is smaller than the group you could potentially lose from accepting Bitcoin.

In this case I agree completely with you, there will be always a loss to convert bitcoin to usd immediately, but it can be profits too(but rare). When we donate via bitcoin we think that we donated x btc but in fact it was different when the donation was collected at the end of the "campaign".
Let's hope for the 2016, but there are 4 more months in 2015.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:33:47 PM

The bear market has lasted long enough. I predict 2016 is the year where bitcoin finally breaks through, both in price and in mainstream adoption.

The fork issue is a distraction. It won't kill bitcoin. The majority will eventually choose what fork they want to use, whether it is the original, or XT, or some third option.

I see the fork issue as silly infighting which only hurts bitcoin. I want bitcoin to succeed, that's what I care about, not what version of BTC I use. I will go with the majority, whichever fork is chosen.

It 's easy to predict without any arguments  Smiley
What make you think Bitcoin is about to go mainstream? Amazon accepting BTC in 2016?

Well yes, Amazon i have a feeling that will accept btc, on that way bitcoin price will change a lot. It should and the Ebay integrate the bitcoin as a payment method. In this way while big e-commerce companies include this payment method the price of bitcoin will increase and people will be more interested to invest in bitcoin.

Call me pessimistic, but I seriously doubt anything like Amazon or Ebay adopting Bitcoin would take place next year. There is currently no benefit for merchants to accept Bitcoin, and there is even proof to suggest that Bitcoin acceptance hurts sales (I believe Firefox is the one that made the study).

Anyways, we are a long ways away from mass adoption. Price fluctuation in 2016? I would be upset if it didn't, with the halving and all. However, I don't think that is enough to boost Bitcoin into the mainstream.

I accept that there can be a loss for amazon if they had added bitcoin this year, we know 300s at the beginning of this year and now 200s and if ebay and amazon implemented this then they would lose -33.33%.

Oh no, I don't mean holding Bitcoin at all. Just by adding Bitcoin as a payment option, companies can lose overall sales. In other words, even if you use a payment processor that transacts the purchases to USD instantly, companies will experience a loss in revenue.

I read up on it a while back, so I don't have too precise of information, but the premise was as followed: Mozilla Firefox began accepting Bitcoin donations. Donations spiked up a bit as everyone who wanted to donate with Bitcoin did at the start. Most people only donated once, and after accepting Bitcoin, donations overall dropped a bit (which was allegedly caused by a loss of credibility in the eyes of potential donators through the acceptance of Bitcoin). In other words, the small group that you could potentially win over by accepting Bitcoin is smaller than the group you could potentially lose from accepting Bitcoin.

In this case I agree completely with you, there will be always a loss to convert bitcoin to usd immediately, but it can be profits too(but rare). When we donate via bitcoin we think that we donated x btc but in fact it was different when the donation was collected at the end of the "campaign".

Yeah and everyone believes that year 2016 would be the year of bitcoins as it's value would be reaching to a new level, atleast it would give us some profits in the year, as right now the value of bitcoin is going down and that is the reason everyone is worried about, but lets hope for the best that it would give us some good returns in the year 2016.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:33:56 PM

I'm going to be a little more realistic and say 2025 will be the year of Bitcoin. That gives us ten years to clean everything up and remove all the negative stigma from the word Bitcoin that I see in people's faces when I mention it. All the laws and regulations worldwide should be hammered out and an entirely new dev team will be guiding us forward.

tyrexs

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:00:50 PM

i think is not we need give more time to bitcoin grow and all people in this world accept bitcoin as a currency maybe year 2020 is possible

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:10:17 PM

I'm going to be a little more realistic and say 2025 will be the year of Bitcoin. That gives us ten years to clean everything up and remove all the negative stigma from the word Bitcoin that I see in people's faces when I mention it. All the laws and regulations worldwide should be hammered out and an entirely new dev team will be guiding us forward.
It depends what do you mean by "year of Bitcoin". Maybe a good uptrend happens next year, without necessarily meaning "the year that Bitcoin goes 1 million per coin and takes all over the world" sort of thing.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:11:17 PM

It 's easy to predict without any arguments  Smiley

Yeah and everyone believes that year 2016 would be the year of bitcoins as it's value would be reaching to a new level, atleast it would give us some profits in the year, as right now the value of bitcoin is going down and that is the reason everyone is worried about, but lets hope for the best that it would give us some good returns in the year 2016.

Everything can happen maybe 2016 is the year of bitcoin to succeed, but with "tempo" in this way it hard to belive. As i said before i would be happy with $500
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:07:39 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 12:27:03 PM by n2004al

i think is not we need give more time to bitcoin grow and all people in this world accept bitcoin as a currency maybe year 2020 is possible

Good prevision. 2020 is a charming year (two twenty). If it will be possible it will not bad. But I don't think so. This year is to near to be realized such thought I think.
alone bird

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:24:52 AM

well you guys have also told previous year that
2015 will be the year of bitcoin but suddenly the
prce dropped from 500$ to 200$ and we are still
using it..now I hope the price will go upward again
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:30:46 AM

NOpe there is nothing like year of Bitcoin...
was there a year for dollar ? euro ? its a currency it takes decades and even more just to get popular and even more time to get adopted

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 08:18:57 AM

there are no year for bitcoin
because it can go higher and
go lower in instant there are no stable price for it..
but for the price it will double every halving
so expect for the price to go higher in the next halving..
but in the fork i will go in the original it run for a years and it still running today..
why should i use the new one if i already using the tested one..

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:29:43 AM

NOpe there is nothing like year of Bitcoin...
was there a year for dollar ? euro ? its a currency it takes decades and even more just to get popular and even more time to get adopted

well 2013 was sort of a year of bitcoin, with the huge pump in a matter of days, the OP intend this as the year of bitcoin, when the new ATH will come

2016 seems the righ year for it to happen
hendra147

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:35:46 AM

if the positive market trend will continue, very easy to hit 300$ again
maybe 400$...

bitcoin prices makes my heart flutter
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:48:25 AM

maybe 400$...

nothing is easy anymore with bitcoin. it will be very hard to hit $300 again, let alone $400. even if we do hit these levels, i don't think we'll be able to maintain these levels for long.
silkylove

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:49:52 AM

i dont think itll rise much in price until the 21million is mined

So after I'm dead.  Sweet.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:22:42 PM

i dont think itll rise much in price until the 21million is mined

So after I'm dead.  Sweet.

Hehe, I guess Teemus doesn't realise how long that is going to take.

I'm not sure whether anyone is going to experience that moment in which all the Bitcoins are mined - Bitcoin might have died at that moment and/or better alternatives have been developed. But maybe the Bitcoin is alive and kicking at that moment, and worth a lot of money. I guess no one knows.

Untill then, let's HODL Wink

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:50:58 PM

Good prevision. 2020 is a sympathetic year (two twenty). If it will be possible it will not bad. But I don't think so. This year is to near to be realized such thought I think.

Isn't it 2020 (twenty twenty Tongue), guys we are still in 2015, 4 months to come this year and the "magic" can happen.
zero01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:03:12 PM

Hope so. I want to see again the $1000 price and hoping btc xt will gone forever coz it really hurts the price.
I strongly agree with you
I hope that 2016 becomes greater bitcoin prices  Cheesy
hendra147

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:17:44 PM

maybe 400$...

nothing is easy anymore with bitcoin. it will be very hard to hit $300 again, let alone $400. even if we do hit these levels, i don't think we'll be able to maintain these levels for long.

you can open sell order now for 400$ may be 399.9$ Grin
if can't able to maintain these level for long , you can buy back at bottom line
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 116 »
  Print  

Jump to: