Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:15:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378926 times)
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:22:22 AM

Peter R. Rizun "Peter_tRoll" is a charlatan of the highest degree. I don't remember who first called him that but it's extremely accurate. Charlatan.

A few days ago I was checking the new posts to /r/Bitcoin and witnessed yet another charade of his. He gives an interesting account of it in the XTard sub, and it was top of the sub yesterday which is laughable in itself but nothing remarkable these days ( https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3osthv/an_example_of_moderator_subjectivity_in_the/ ).

So Peter_tRoll, by his own admission, reposted his laughable pie chart with made up numbers to /r/Bitcoin to test the moderators.

Last time he posted that particular piece of nonsense - 10 days prior - he was notified of a number of innacuracies even in the "present" part of the made up future scenario, such as the actual existence of real different implementations that are not 99.9% the same as Core, and also de existence of forks much earlier than XT and with much more actual work done in them such as Luke's LJR node which was brigaded by XTards yesterday by the way ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3ou5rj/bitcoin_ljr_version_0111ljr20150921_released/ ).

So he pretended to take note of all that and the disclaimers he should make about this made up scenario, even by fellow Ledger member Andrew Miller who must be astonished about the complete charlatan they've given a platform, and then ignores all that and posts the same thing, knowingly spreading lies in the /r/Bitcoin queue.

The man just doesn't realise of the seriousness of spreading complete lies knowingly using his increasingly endangered reputation as someone who has presented in the Montreal Scalability conference (and made a fool of himself towards the end of his presentation) and also published a the "fee market" pdf that did the rounds in the net.

To top that off, he claims not to have announced his post in separate channels to brigade the post (however Reddit generally doesn't police that so far as the links don't originate from Reddit) so he was in the FP within a couple minutes with something like 10 immediate upvotes.

According to this charlatan, the mods shouldn't stop blatant lies and manipulation like that, because hey it got upvoted, or else they are biased against a certain school of thought.

Assuming that indeed he didn't announce it elsewhere - which I doubt, the amount of votes in a quiet period is suspect - and also note he specified "links", not just telling people in some IRC channel or elsewhere that he had posted something - it still is intentionally misguiding.

This comment in their sub which is downvoted out of sight explains the exchange:

These are the usual antics of this pseudo-scientific troll.

One of his favourite tricks is admitting to an "inaccuracy" to proceed and not correct it, then after a few days bring the exact same "mistake" again. This way he pretends to save face in front of the public when confronted about his lies with overwhelming arguments, but he goes on his merry way lying as soon as the confrontation is over.

He does that all the time.

Possibly the deepest of the lies is when he claims to acknowledge that the scenario he presents in his cap-less fee market pushes towards pooling down to a single central pool, yet in every occassion he chooses not to mention that or does it in intentionally obscured ways, without recognizing this is a problem (it's a problem however when these pools "dangerously centralised" don't vote his way, in separate arguments).

As 110101002 succintly explains, he answers questions when it benefits him and deflects when it doesn't, politician style. He has this in common with Hearndresen.

This Peter R appears to be from an elite class of pseudo-scientist trolls. We should just ignore his gibberish and avoid wasting time arguing with him. If one argues with fools, one might end up down at their level.  Smiley

The problem with that is that this particular troll still has some weight in the community and some platform (not the XT motley crew, they are few and far between, but wait for him to use Ledger for his political tirades, this is nailed to happen).

So we have to deal with him.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 11:28:26 AM

Peter R. Rizun "Peter_tRoll" is a charlatan of the highest degree. I don't remember who first called him that but it's extremely accurate. Charlatan.

I called him out for clearcut disingenuous tactics quite early on.

These are the usual antics of this pseudo-scientific troll.

One of his favourite tricks is admitting to an "inaccuracy" to proceed and not correct it, then after a few days bring the exact same "mistake" again. This way he pretends to save face in front of the public when confronted about his lies with overwhelming arguments, but he goes on his merry way lying as soon as the confrontation is over.

He does that all the time.

And remember what all this is predicated on: Peter's assumption that a majority of his audience lacks the awareness to notice his deceptive ways. He does this out of a lack of respect for the intellect of others.

This Peter R appears to be from an elite class of pseudo-scientist trolls. We should just ignore his gibberish and avoid wasting time arguing with him. If one argues with fools, one might end up down at their level.  Smiley

The problem with that is that this particular troll still has some weight in the community and some platform (not the XT motley crew, they are few and far between, but wait for him to use Ledger for his political tirades, this is nailed to happen).

So we have to deal with him.

I don't know, Peter has demonstrated such poor faith so openly that I doubt genuine actors in the Bitcoin space are fooled by it. It's actually a useful litmus test; anyone who still supports Peter Rizun now cannot claim to be a credible member of the Bitcoin community, they can only be angling for the same centralised-mining SPV-only system that Peter and Hearndresen promote. Ignorance is no longer  excusable.

Vires in numeris
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:56:12 PM

I don't know, Peter has demonstrated such poor faith so openly that I doubt genuine actors in the Bitcoin space are fooled by it.

It's the opposite. Just the notorious ad hominem charlatans are applauding to the 'arguments' of you, muyuu, iCE, hdbuck, brg444 et al.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:21:57 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 02:27:48 PM by muyuu

I don't know, Peter has demonstrated such poor faith so openly that I doubt genuine actors in the Bitcoin space are fooled by it.

It's the opposite. Just the notorious ad hominem charlatans are applauding to the 'arguments' of you, muyuu, iCE, hdbuck, brg444 et al.

You can choose to ignore his blatant lies displayed right there and in the conversation with Adam Back, but most people with a brain who care about Bitcoin won't.

And this is why it's for the best that the opinion of idiots doesn't weight as much as mining power and dev control over Core.

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:26:14 PM

You can choose to ignore his blatant lies displayed right there and in the conversation with Adam Black, but most people with a brain who care about Bitcoin won't.

And this is why it's for the best that the opinion of idiots doesn't weight as much as mining power and dev control over Core.

q.e.d.
Ad hominem charlatans exposing themselves over and over again. A community with such friends doesn't need enemies.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:04:08 PM

You can choose to ignore his blatant lies displayed right there and in the conversation with Adam Black, but most people with a brain who care about Bitcoin won't.

q.e.d.
Ad hominem charlatans exposing themselves over and over again. A community with such friends doesn't need enemies.

VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:09:55 PM

More ad hominem from the usual suspects. If you scroll back a few pages you will see that actual arguments have been made. Read them and decide for your self what you believe, do not be fooled by ad hominen and sophistry.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:11:30 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 02:27:30 PM by muyuu

If you want to read Back vs Peter_tRoll latest convo it's here https://archive.is/413ms

I don't know, Peter has demonstrated such poor faith so openly that I doubt genuine actors in the Bitcoin space are fooled by it. It's actually a useful litmus test; anyone who still supports Peter Rizun now cannot claim to be a credible member of the Bitcoin community, they can only be angling for the same centralised-mining SPV-only system that Peter and Hearndresen promote. Ignorance is no longer  excusable.

Yep a couple of them already turned up. Working like clockwork this test, so far.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:14:35 PM

q.e.d.

relax your underwear elastic, it can't be comfortable for you wearing it so tight the whole time.

Vires in numeris
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:23:30 PM

Achievement unlocked: tiny assemblage of disciples and already divided.

Snapshot: https://archive.is/ybp1m link: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin_unlimited/comments/3l1zof/this_concept_is_silly_no_need_to_build_on_xt/

brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 05:58:16 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and claim this one  Grin

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:39:12 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and claim this one  Grin

You were inspired.

Let us remember:

Peter R. Rizun is a charlatan.
Peter__R is a charlatan.
Peter_tRoll

Just so Google continues picking on it  Cheesy

Hopefully soon you'll google Peter R. Rizun and the definition of "charlatan" will come up.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:37:49 PM

Wink

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

Snapshot: https://archive.is/ybp1m link: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin_unlimited/comments/3l1zof/this_concept_is_silly_no_need_to_build_on_xt/

Weeks ago, I noted Team XT was doomed because of its nature as a group composed of members self-selected for fractious tendencies.

Throw Poe's Law into the mix and nothing but drama and lulz result.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:22:43 AM

Weeks ago, I noted Team XT was doomed because of its nature as a group composed of members self-selected for fractious tendencies.

Throw Poe's Law into the mix and nothing but drama and lulz result.   Grin

I'm going to pull a Peter_tRoll tactic and make a super-flawed economic analogy: the community is applying Gresham's law, spending the ones we want rid off to spin-offs like XT (or even XT forks the very lowliest of them like Peter), while the better ones are kept.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:11:45 AM

More laughing material:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3p1dy5/sinking_deeper_into_the_red_zone_historical_chart/

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/visual-arguments-on-the-blocksize-cap-dev-decentralization-etc.122/

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 04:07:57 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and claim this one  Grin

To be fair, PR's expertise is in deterministic (ie exceedingly predictable), fine-grained in vitro analysis of ~trivially computable, small state-space macroscopic physical interactions.

When confronted with a chaotic dynamical system such as Bitcoin (with its socioeconomic and meta overlays), his customary Bat-belt of cognitive tools utterly fails.

Radical things like meta-system transitions are far removed from his Poindexter purview.  That's why he can't see the non-linear herd for the spherical cows.

As a Ledger editor, it's useful to have his input because it's a fair representation of Bitcoin's 'disloyal opposition.'

If his trolling non-traditional POV disrupts Team Core groupthink (rather than consolidate anti-XT camaraderie) he'll help keep us on our best game.

And while we're at it, let's invite Trolfi too!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:03:14 PM

Thank you for shedding light.  You are the anti-censor.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:34:10 PM

I respect the work of Peter R and I do not think he is a charlatan.

I support an increase in the blocksize and in the absence of other alternatives I support BIP101.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:08:37 PM

I respect the work of Peter R and I do not think he is a charlatan.

I support an increase in the blocksize and in the absence of other alternatives I support BIP101.

Yes yes we know  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: